From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1393
Date: Sunday, February 23, 2003 10:06 AM

1. Buzzing from engine
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_online.no>

2. Re: Parts Cars vs Reviving an Old Car
From: Vin 5386 <delorean_stainless_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: delorean vin numbers
From: Todd Masinelli <tmasin_at_dml_madisontelco.com>

4. Re: Re: yeah right!
From: DBoboc9556_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 19:38:18 +0100
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_online.no>
Subject: Buzzing from engine

Today I went out in the garage for the obligatory once-a-week start and warm-up of my DeLorean. It is stored during the winter time. At the same time I wanted to check the door lights etc. so I didn't start the car, but turned the key to "position 2", when I suddenly heard a loud buzz coming from the engine compartment.

I opened up and localized the sound to come from somewhere near the cold start valve. Now I wanna now - is this buzzing "normal" or is something about to go wrong?

I then started the car, and she fired right up so now problems. It's just that I've never heard this buzzing before (sounded like when your standing close to a high-voltage transformator...

Best wishes :)

Stian Birkeland
Norway

DeLorean VIN # 06759

Web: http://home.online.no/~stianfb/

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 10:39:55 -0800 (PST)
From: Vin 5386 <delorean_stainless_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Parts Cars vs Reviving an Old Car

Hi David,

It is an interesting dilema. You would think that if
the car ran and was in a restorable condition with a
clean title someone would pony up the dough for a
dream car. Unfortunetly seems more and more people are
all talk and no do. I know the frustrations of trying
to sell something you think is great but can't find
anyone serious. Personally I would probally do this. I
would keep the car intact and try to sell it at either
the total part out price or a little higher. Think of
it this way if you were to sell all the parts your not
really gonna win because of all the time involved in
takeing everything apart and trying to find a home for
every single piece. I would try to get the best price
you think you can withought haveing to invest any more
time then you want. Or restore the car to the next
higher level and then sell it. you have a few options
really. I wish you the best of luck in finding a
viable option.

Todd
Vin 5386

--- "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>"

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 16:22:27 -0600
From: Todd Masinelli <tmasin_at_dml_madisontelco.com>
Subject: Re: delorean vin numbers

> does anybody have a breakdown of what the letters and
> numbers of the delorean vin number mean?

Robert Lamrock wrote a great explanation back in 1997.  Here's a link to it
in the archives:

http://www.dmcnews.com/backissues/aug97files/dml272.html

__________________
Todd Masinelli
VIN SCEDT26T2BD006681

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 17:26:56 EST
From: DBoboc9556_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: yeah right!

I don't understand why people would want to drive around with their doors
open.  It seems to me like a form of showing-off.  We get enough attention as
it is with the doors closed!  I would be nervous going around corners and
over bumps with 200lbs of less than ideally supported stainless steel hanging
up in the air.

It probably isn't a safety concern -- to the driver.  Wasn't there a similar
issue over the '59 Cadillacs with the huge fins?

Dave Boboc