From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1395
Date: Monday, February 24, 2003 1:26 PM

1. Re: Electromotive anyone? Yes.
From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. Frame Epoxy Cracking
From: "dmc_delorean_2000 <dmc_delorean_2000_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <dmc_delorean_2000_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Special DeLorean for sale on ebay
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>

4. Pin Stripes?
From: "media1524 <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>" <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>

5. Unique DeLorean-related item on eBay
From: "Stephen Clark <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>

6. Control panel
From: "ferdaniraphael <raphael.ferdani_at_dml_wanadoo.fr>" <raphael.ferdani_at_dml_wanadoo.fr>

7. Re: Sequential VIN Delorean reunions
From: "d_rex_2002 <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

8. Re: Frame Epoxy Cracking
From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 04:36:55 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Electromotive anyone? Yes.

There is another way. You could try to get one of the newer Bosch
systems that were in common usage in the late 80's early 90's.
Something with engine management and sequential fuel injection (like
the Motronic). Also consider what JZD was doing in the way of the
turbos. I think a combination of these strategies could be awesome and
still have the stock appearing PRV. Of course you would have to do
something with the intake and exhaust to improve breathing and you
would have to lower the compression and change the cam. I am just
guessing but you could probably get 50 HP and 50 ft/lbs torque without
much boost at all. None of this is going to come cheap though which is
why I suggest trying to use common parts that you could get off an old
donor car once you determine what that donor car should be.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Pete B <zamphyr2000_at_dml_y...>"

Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 05:58:50 -0000
From: "dmc_delorean_2000 <dmc_delorean_2000_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <dmc_delorean_2000_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Frame Epoxy Cracking

hi
Ive been working under my D alot More than when I first go my car and
Ive noticed some areas that concern me. My frame is in very good
shape with the exception of some cracking in the epoxy and a small
rust spot in the front crumble section. with all this snow recently I
am concerned about moisture getting into those cracks. unfortunatly I
dont have a garage to put it in anymore (new house) and the snow has
compleatly covered my delorean these past days. What is the best way
of preventing the frame from rusting? is it good enough to just paint
it? I live very close to the shore (in NY) and cars around here rust
very eaisily, so i need some serious rust proofing advice. any
thoughts?
Tony
Vin# 2467

Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 01:24:40 -0500
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>
Subject: Re: Special DeLorean for sale on ebay

Hey Matt!

Just finished laying out and formatting your article for the next issue
of DeLorean Car Show Magazine!  (I think you'll like it...hopefully so
will everyone else!)

Anyway, YES, I have had something similar to this happen.  A couple of
months back I was flipping through my copy of DeLorean World, (when it
was still a  DeLorean centered magazine) and I found VIN 5104 for sale
in the classifieds.  I own 5102...and I thought that this was pretty
freakin cool.  I called the number and left a message for the owner, but
he or she never returned the call. *sniff*

Also, I believe that Rob Grady's green machine is something like 5098 or
99.  Not consecutive, but it still gave me a rush to know where the cars
made, (most likely) on the same day were now located 20 years later!
 Kinda renews all the mystique and excitement that orginally inticed me
into buying this car...course, that never really left in the first place!

I've only had one beer, I swear...it simply can't be the bourbon!
 ...and yes...go bid on the sucker!  In fact if you can find a fourth,
you'll have a DeLorean for every season!!

Cheers,
Josh

Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:58:25 -0000
From: "media1524 <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>" <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>
Subject: Pin Stripes?

Here's one for those of you with the wide black stripe option.
I was at a car show over the weekend with VIN #3049 which has the
wide black side stripe.  While dusting the car I noticed that there
were matching pin stripes running down the right side above the rub
strip which ended in front of the rear wheel well (it looked like it
should have extended to the rear facia).  I checked the left side and
there were NO pin stripes.  Were pin stripes part of the side stripe
option?  I took a close look at the photos of Ken K's car which also
has the wide stripe but I could not see any pin stripes.  They look
good on the car so I'll need to finish the job.

Brent Lundgren
83 VIN #17006 (in Rob Grady's hands)
81 VIN #3049

Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:26:37 -0000
From: "Stephen Clark <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>
Subject: Unique DeLorean-related item on eBay

I normally do not self-promote auctions we list on eBay, but we've
just listed a one-of-a-kind item on eBay that I believe would be of
interest to some owners among the DeLorean community.

We've just listed a "Doc Brown" wax-museum head of actor Christopher
Lloyd that would be perfect to display with a costumed mannequin for
a DeLorean display or event.  The auction can be seen at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&category=790&item=3313567103

Would love to see it end up in the hands of an owner who appreciates
the movies and wants something professional & unique to display with
their car.  The firm we had create the item also has the molds
available to make a "Marty McFly" (Michael J. Fox) head too for a
complete set, so we can put you in touch with them should you be
interested.

Any questions, just let me know.

Stephen Clark
BTTF.com

Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:32:43 -0000
From: "ferdaniraphael <raphael.ferdani_at_dml_wanadoo.fr>" <raphael.ferdani_at_dml_wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Control panel

I put tech description of the "Smartbox" in the photo section.I have
no relation with the manufacturer, just found it in HOTROD magazine
and found it interesting. It s an electrical control panel including
relays, fuses and temp sensors.It features fan control, door
locks,door launcher!,light dimmers...and a lot of functions.
Let us know if you tried it
Raphael

Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:33:28 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002 <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Sequential VIN Delorean reunions

Matt and List,

As you guys may already know from reading Delorean Car Show magazine
that there was a reunion of sorts at the Evansville, IN show in 2002
with Todd's VIN...6681 (automatic) and my VIN...6683 (5-speed).  It
was great to have such similar VIN cars at the same show.

However, I have come across an even closer match and more incredible
coincidence, which just happens to involve the D Rex.

Several years ago, I had the opportunity to pick up a D project in
nearby Oak Lawn, IL.  Well, turns out I missed out by a few hours.
Fast forward about 4 years.  I find and purchase the Delorean 4x4
in Texas and ship it up to Illinois, UP-graded it to the D Rex and
and take it to World of Wheels.  At the show, a guy comes up to me
and starts talking about a Delorean he owns and has been restoring
for several years.  Turns out he bought the project car in Oak Lawn
several years earlier, but that was only part of the coincidence.

Sometime after the WOW show, I realized the owner of that project D,
Andrew, was posting to the DML with a very familiar looking VIN.
The D Rex is VIN...4193 and Andrew's car is VIN...4194.  After the
cars spent most of their life over 1,000 miles apart, both of these
cars are now reside only about an hour away from each other.  Andrew
and I are planning a reunion between these two siblings this year.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Matthew P. Olans" wrote:

Something like this only comes along once in a while,
I own VIN 16816.  16817 is for sale, again, on ebay and something
tells me not to pass it up.  For those of you who know me I've taken
16816 and changed it just a bit....:)  I keep thinking how sweet it
would be to have 16817 sitting right next to it, completely stock,
maybe even concours ready.

> snip <

I am curious to know if any of you have ever had the opportunity to
do this.  Would any of you consider of something like this?  I feel
like since it's presented itself yet again that someone out there
somewhere is telling me something.

Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:03:24 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Frame Epoxy Cracking

You are right to be concerned about rusting of the frame on Long
Island (you are surrounded by the Ocean-salt water is VERY bad). The
best thing you can do now is just get some kind of rust preventitive
spray and just drench the frame for the time being. Try to park the
car on pavement to prevent the moisture from the ground going up into
the car. Cover it well and make sure that it is tightly covered so no
small animals can crawl in. When the weather improves remove all the
loose epoxy by chipping or scrapping it off. Sand the metal to remove
any rust and feather the edges and then paint with Krylon "Smoke
Grey". Since you say the epoxy is bad in front it is very common for
the brake master cylinder to leak causing the brake fluid AKA paint
remover to soften the epoxy. When you fix the master cylinder and dry
the epoxy it isn't bonded to the metal anymore so it cracks and comes
off. Make sure the master cylinder isn't leaking anymore before fixing
the paint on the frame or it will just damage it again.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "dmc_delorean_2000