From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1401
Date: Thursday, February 27, 2003 11:05 AM

1. RE: Engine possibilites
From: "Darkstar" <darkstarmedia_at_dml_attbi.com>

2. Lund Headlight covers... definitely extinct
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 21:38:34 -0800
From: "Darkstar" <darkstarmedia_at_dml_attbi.com>
Subject: RE: Engine possibilites

big price tag too on those aluminum blocks and heads although world has some
really good product for the buck.

Darkstar

Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 06:59:02 EST
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Lund Headlight covers... definitely extinct

Spoke to Lund directly last week about any chance of working up a special
order of headlight covers, the way I was able to arrange new Colgan Custom
DeLorean nose bras awhile ago.  Here's what they said:  1. The tooling has
been scrapped. They could be redone for a price (which I hated to ask $$$)
2. They only do runs where they can sell 200 units a year.  At their peak,
they sold about 15 a year for DeLoreans, hence the discontinuation.  3.  So,
how many was I thinking I wanted?  Ahem.  Well, not 200!  (I gather it took
them nearly twenty years to run out of stock. Well, at least I asked....

Wayne A. Ernst