From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1407
Date: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 10:53 AM

1. Mistakenly Deleted Post
From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

2. Re: DeLorean pricing
From: "fivetwofive <CBL302_at_dml_msn.com>" <CBL302_at_dml_msn.com>

3. Re: 140 MPH Speedometer Face Plate
From: kayoong_at_dml_aol.com

4. Re: Long Term Storage
From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

5. RE: Re: Long Term Storage
From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

6. Re: Re: Long Term Storage
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>

7. Toby TABs
From: "Darryl Tinnerstet" <darryl_at_dml_techline.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:14:35 -0600
From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Mistakenly Deleted Post

To the list member from Indiana who is selling
their car - I managed to delete your post instead
of sending it through.  Please send it again.

Mike G. the embarrassed Moderator of the Week

Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 02:26:05 -0000
From: "fivetwofive <CBL302_at_dml_msn.com>" <CBL302_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean pricing

It goes something like this:selling/retailing for $32,500.00 minus
$10,000 for a used Delorean=$22,500 minus $16,875(75% labor/profit
margin)=$5,625.00 to replace defective parts/upgrade parts, for a
grand total of $32,500.
This is MY estimated SAMPLE of what a Typical "rebuilt"car
retailing/selling at $32,500 would amount to for expenses.Remember
this is MY estimate,as a SAMPLE only,and NOT to be taken as the
absolute pricing.

Claude
00570

Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 21:31:43 EST
From: kayoong_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: 140 MPH Speedometer Face Plate

Does anyone have for sale a 140 MPH speedometer face plate?

I presently have the 170 MPH face plate on my DeLorean and I would like a
lower scaled one.

If you have one for sale, you can e-mail me privately with the details at:
kayoong(at)aol.com

Kayo Ong
Lic 9D NY

Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 03:18:49 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Long Term Storage

Here are my recomendations for long term storage (over 1 year)
Remove battery (if you can't charge it regularly or put in another car
it will go bad after a couple of years)
Drain ALL fluids especially the fuel and brake and clutch fluids
Place on jackstands to remove weight from suspension
Leave 10 psi in all 5 tires
Put mothballs under seats
Slobber leather conditioner on seats and steering wheel
Remove everything from car that doesn't belong
Put heavy blankets on car and a tight fitting cover over that and
cardboard over that.
Try to leave in heated garage, or at least one with a floor (a Carcoon
is probably the best).
Make sure the car is closed and no small animals can get into the garage.
Leave the keys and manuals in the car along with any spare parts
Make sure the title is in a SAFE place and you can find it
Don't store anything ON the car and keep heavy objects away from it.
Keep some kind of storage insurance on the car in case of theft, fire,
or damage.
Arrange for someone to check on the car regularly
All too often I have seen cars left in long-term storage completly
unprepared. By time the owners (or the inheritors) decided to do
something with the car it was way too long and unprepared. By doing
all these things you or someone else could take the car out of
long-term storage with a minimum of work and exploring for things long
forgotten. Too many times a car is just to be stored for the winter
and then 10 years later someone is trying to sell the car or just take
it out of storage.

Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 21:28:50 -0600
From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: Re: Long Term Storage

Pretty good advice overall, but I would not recommend
removing weight from the suspension.  This will damage
the suspension bushings.  Too much droop over time will
separate the steel inner sleeve from the rubber bushing,
destroying it.  If flatspotting tires is the concern,
buy some cheap tires and have them mounted up for storage
only.  If your current tires have less than half their
tread left, leave them on and treat yourself to new ones
when you get the car out of storage.

Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 21:53:00 -0600
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>

mothballs in car, are you crazy?

i stored one of my cars for almost two years with the car on jack stands with mothballs
in pie tins under each tire, under front and rear bumper and under each door. it took
over 6 months to get the mothball smell out of my car and there were no mothballs in my
car and all windows and doors of car were closed.

if you have any reason you might think water might be trapped anywhere in the car place
a pie tin on the drivers side floor and passengers floor filled with some rice. the rice
will take the humidity out of the air and it also makes salt flow freely in salt
shakers.

coolant needs to be left in the engine so no rust will form inside engine. spray fogging
oil in all cylinders and turn over engine once and replace spark plugs to keep rust from
forming in cylinders and it keeps the piston rings oiled.

the car needs to breathe, so i wouldn't put blankets, cardboard and cover over car so
mildew or mold wont form in any water trapped anywhere in car. a good car cover will do
the trick, thats all.

mark
6683

Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 22:16:59 -0800
From: "Darryl Tinnerstet" <darryl_at_dml_techline.com>
Subject: Toby TABs

Just wanted to tell all of you who came forward and supported the effort to get more Toby TAB trailing arm bolts manufactured, they came in as scheduled, and were mailed out today!  As of now there are still about 20 sets remaining, and I seriously doubt there will be any more made.  If you want some, you had better get your $66.00 check or Paypal payment in pronto.  Again, thank you for your trust and support.

Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive
McCleary, WA