From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1409
Date: Thursday, March 06, 2003 10:22 AM

1. Low Vin # Warnings
From: "treehouse2000us" <treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: This is so frustrating!!!
From: "treehouse2000us" <treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: DMC+Speedbump=OUCH
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

4. Re: Re: Long Term Storage
From: Mark Noeltner <mark_at_dml_buffalochips.org>

5. Front Left Fender FOR SALE
From: Delorean17_at_dml_aol.com

6. AW: Re: Mechanically Challenged
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

7. Re: Re: Long Term Storage
From: "B Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

8. Mechanical skills, age, etc...
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

9. Re: Electrical problem - please help!
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

10. Re: DMC+Speedbump=OUCH
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

11. more DeLorean Financing - my experience & "saving speech"
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Re: Re: Long Term Storage
From: "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff_at_dml_seagullsolutions.net>

13. Accent Stripe
From: "armac.rm" <armac_at_dml_rocketmail.com>

14. P.J. Grady's 2nd Annual AZ-D Visit
From: "M. P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>

15. Master Brake Cylinder
From: doctordhd_at_dml_aol.com

16. deloreans
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>

17. speedometer / tripometer repair
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>

18. RE: Toby TABs
From: darryl_at_dml_techline.com

19. Door Lock Solenoids
From: Raine Moreno <raine-moreno_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

20. Window motor cleaning
From: Raine Moreno <raine-moreno_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

21. Re: Re: This is so frustrating!!!
From: Corey Stup <corey_at_dml_stup.net>

22. Re: Long Term Storage
From: "Richard" <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>

23. Re: Master Brake Cylinder
From: "v_davidj" <v-davidj_at_dml_microsoft.com>

24. Re: Low Vin # Warnings
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

25. Re: Master Brake Cylinder
From: Jonas Pitchford <Delorean3543_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 16:35:27 -0000
From: "treehouse2000us" <treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Low Vin # Warnings

And when I say a low vin #, I'm not kidding.  I'm currently looking
at Vin # 787, of course Black interior, gas flap, with windshield
antenna and automatic trans.  It has 39K on the Odo and they (the
dealer) claims it to have a perfect interior.  The only downside is
its price, 13,995, but its not too terrible. Vrs 32.5k or 62k, its
quite a bargin, stop arguing you guys.

Ok, I know I have asked many many questions before, but what are the
particular things I need to have done for this "super" early car if I
indeed decide to buy it.  Beside the zilla stuff.  The altinator has
to go I know, but what else.  This is my dream car, well yes the
DeLorean, but a very early vin car.  Also, has anybody encountered
this car at anytime (00787), or knows the previous owner.  I doubt it
because I couldnt find the vin anywhere on the list.  Thanks a lot

Tom Porter
  Vin: Summer 2003 (do or die)

Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 16:53:20 -0000
From: "treehouse2000us" <treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: This is so frustrating!!!

Corey,

I am also 19 years old, soon to be 20, and I have wanted a DeLorean
since I was 8, thats a little over 10 years.  But you cant just dream
to make this dream come true, unless your parrents are willing to
fork over 15-20 grand for your first car.  You must take action.

Since I was 10, I have been saving nearly every dime I possibly could
towards this grand purchase.  All these years I have saved only 8,500
dollars, not bad for nearly minimum wage jobs, but still technicaly
only half way for a "Decent" car, not to mention the 32 thousand for
a refurbished "new" model.  I plan it to take another 3-4 years
before I can possibly buy one with Cash, but I just cant wait that
long.

But, your only 15, I would do the best I could to save at least $3000-
4000 dollars as a downpayment before I went and bought a car, and by
that time you will be around 18-19 (if your lucky).  As much as I
hate to admit it, you should around 24-25 before you buy one, that
way you can appreciate it, and had time to rag out on other cars.  As
for me, my dream (whether or not I can really afford it) will come
true this summer, come he_at_dml__at_dml_ or high water.

Tom Porter
  Vin: Summer 2003 (Vin 787 ?)
  Waiting for 10 years!

>Corey, I'm 19.
  I bought my DeLorean when I was 18. (No-parents didn't help.
  I looked into buying one the first time right about the age of this
young fellow... It is unrealisitc at 15 or 16..
  Don't worry about owning a DeLorean now. SAVE MONEY... when you do
go buy one the 5k + downpayment will be tremondously helpful in
getting credit.

Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 16:55:11 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: DMC+Speedbump=OUCH

Too hard to guess exactly what is wrong. The best thing to do BEFORE
you drive it anymore would be to jack the car up and look around at
the front suspension for anything obvious like bent parts, parts
missing or out of place, parts rubbing, etc. Also inspect the rear
suspension, it could cause the car to pull especially if a lot of
shims fell out or you bent a TAB. If you can't find the problem it
might be smart to have the car flat-beded to a shop for a more thourgh
inspection. Check air pressure in the tires too.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Gus Schlachter <gus_at_dml_a...> wrote:
> I took a speedbump at a slow speed today (10MPH?) and WHACK,
something didn't sound right and the steering felt loose, like I had a
flat.

> I walked around the car several times and bounced all the corners,
but everything checked out OK so I continued my drive.  It was then I
realized that, to drive straight, I had to hold the steeing wheel 45

Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:02:44 -0700
From: Mark Noeltner <mark_at_dml_buffalochips.org>
Subject: Re: Re: Long Term Storage

At 03:44 PM 3/4/2003 -0000, you wrote:
>Mothballs because I have seen what little critters can do to the
>inside of a car. <snip>

I agree, but try dryer sheets (like you toss in the dryer with your
laundry). Same general effect on critters, but much more pleasant smell.

> The blankets and cardboard because I see all too often where
>something fell on the car in storage and dented it or broke the
>windshield

I agree. With the SS body of a DeLorean breathing can take a backseat to
survival in this case.

> I agree that taking the weight off the wheels puts some stress on
>some parts of the suspension.

A good compromise that I have seen, is to take about 60-70% of the weight
off the tires with jackstands, but leaving some on it. The suspension is
not fully extended, yet not all the weight is setting on the springs either.

<snip>

I agree with the rest of what David says about this. Pull the battery and
all the fluids.

Mark N

Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 12:14:51 -0500
From: Delorean17_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Front Left Fender FOR SALE

Hi List,
I have had a DeLorean front left fender sitting in my basement for a few years now.  It has no dents but needs to be re-brushed as it has a fair amount of scratches.  I have pictures available I can email to anyone interested.  I am taking the best offer over $1000.00

Thanks

Dave Phelps

Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 20:09:40 +0100
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>
Subject: AW: Re: Mechanically Challenged

Bill, are you sure that you are talking about a Delorean ?

I've never worked on a car where most parts can be changed or repaired so
easily.
Changing the spark plugs isn't that easy, but most other parts are very
simple to
access. It was a pleasure to take the whole car apart to restore it.
Have you ever worked on a 20 year old car where you didn't need to weld
anything ?
Where you can separate the chassis from the frame with a handfull bolts in a
few
hours ? A car where about 90% is straight forward to work on ?
Maybe you just didn't have the right tools where you had to bend your
fingers...
for example to bleed the clutch - it looks so hard, but with a simple
selfmade tool
it's so easy.

This car is so great that I have a problem now. I need a new everyday car.
But what cars out there come with a complete parts list, a great
do-it-yourself
handbook and where there are so many people you can ask all around the world
to get your car fixed ? Try to get a complete parts list for a simple VW
Golf or similar, and you will love the Delorean !

Elvis & 6548

....cut....
Please note there is one major engineering aspect unique to DeLorean
that permeates the entire automobile. From bumper to bumper, top to
bottom, I have never worked on a car that has so many issues of
access. Absolutely nothing on it is easy to reach. Every car ever
built has SOMETHING difficult to grasp or turn. I've just never
encountered one where EVERYTHING is difficult. This is the greatest
reason I hesitate to recommend a DeLorean to learn mechanic skills on
(the other is cost of acquisition and parts thereafter). FWIW: in
these circumstances I've found it often helps to take JZD's name in
vain (well, it doesn't really extend the reach of your fingers or help
them bend backwards any more, but does make you feel better).

Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 13:50:41 -0800
From: "B Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

A good alternative to smelly mothballs is to scatter several sheets of the
type of product used in cloths dryers like Bounce or Snuggles. We've learned
this from the folks who store our  motorhome and there is no smell
noticeable but apparently the critters smell it and don't like it. Newer
tires don't develop permanent flat spots. The Yokohamas seem to work the
winter storage flat spot out within a few miles of driving. I used to jack
the car up for the winter but I've switched to over inflating the tires to
about 65lbs pressure during storage. Just remember to re-adjust them in the
spring. I've yet to have a problem with doing this.

Bruce Benson
vin 6870

>Subject: [DML] Re: Long Term Storage

> Mothballs because I have seen what little critters can do to the
> inside of a car. Try removing the smell of urine and feces and all of
> the stuff they bring in to nest, the smell of mothballs won't seem so
> bad and it does go away.
d .

Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 14:44:02 -0800 (PST)
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Mechanical skills, age, etc...

I personally don't think you have to be mechanically inclined to own a DeLorean... or over 25... or be able to jump through a hoop backwards blindfolded (hehe). There's going to be people who say you can't do this and that on this list... and for every one of them... there's a dozen or more people doing what they say can't be done... and it works for them! All you have to do in order to own a DeLorean is want one bad enough... if you do... the details will somehow find ways of working themselves out. That said... bottom line... ANY DeLorean you buy won't be trouble free and as reliable as a new car (unless you go the DMC-Houston or D-1 refurbished route). These are 20+ year old British cars. So if you aren't mechanically savvy... I hope you have a friend or relative who is... or have some extra money to throw around after you purchase your DeLorean.

A great tool that came along with my DeLorean is the DOA's Service Facilities Directory. It's a booklet listing shops where DOA members take their cars to get worked on. These facilities are in 35 states, and 7 countries throughout the world. There are in fact 15 facilities listed under Florida... so I'm sure there's one near you.

So my best advice to you is save up, read this list religiously for a year or two, meet as many owners, look at as many cars, and go to as many events as you can possibly fit in... and your knowledge of the car will grow. I personally am 20, and am fairly limited on my mechanical abilities... but that's changing by the day. Like others have said... you just kind of have to dig in... and you'll learn :-). Good luck on your quest!

Louie Golden
VIN 10115 Sanford, NC

Don't be left out! Register today for the 2003 DMC Open House Event at http://www.delorean.com/2003event.asp

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you_at_dml_yourchoice.com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag

Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 00:14:43 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Electrical problem - please help!

If I were you I would get out the wiring diagram and start at the
beginning. You are dealing with potential disaster here. Not all
grounds in the DeLorean are the same. The fans for example are
grounded when off (OEM). That means the relay(s) are normally closed
and GROUNDED. Most are normally closed and either feed something or
they are blank. Crossing wires, which is no doubt what you have
done, can cause a direct short and possibly a fire, and ruin the
computers (I not aware of any fused grounds on the DeLorean unless
you have installed them). Trust me, once a melt down starts you may
not know what's happening until the wiring harness is toast. If that
has happened, you may have already created cross shorts in the
harness and only rewiring or a new harness will allow a proper
diagnosis. Based on what you have said I would expect that the only
way power could get to the accessories you mention is through a
ground(s). So, I'm afraid you may be causing damage, serious damage,
when the battery is connected. The fans worry me the most. Check
those out first.

Be careful,
Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Dan C. Benedek <5n-_at_dml_g...>" <5n-

Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 00:34:17 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

Gus
I think you are right not to drive it until you know what is wrong.
I would guess that you have either broken loose the front suspension
link (sway bar) or one of the trialing arm bolts is loose and the
shims have fallen out and therefore the trailing arm is flopping
around back there. The symptoms you describe could be caused by
both. A loose front link would allow the lower suspension arm to
move back and forth giving a very loose stearing feel and a loose
trailing arm would be especially squirrelly (technical term) with
acceleration-deceleration.

Let us know what you find
Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Gus Schlachter <gus_at_dml_a...> wrote:
> I took a speedbump at a slow speed today (10MPH?) and WHACK,
something didn't sound right and the steering felt loose, like I had
a flat.

> I walked around the car several times and bounced all the corners,
but everything checked out OK so I continued my drive.  It was then
I realized that, to drive straight, I had to hold the steeing wheel
45 degrees to the right, so I limped it home.  I've hit bumps,
potholes, and dips WAY harder than that before.

> The question becomes: what did I break?  I'm assuming what I
either bent a tie-rod or mangled a suspension part.  Could I have
crunched the front shock tower?  There was never any sign of rust on
the frame, only minor epoxy cracking that I consider normal for a
100K+ mile car.

Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 19:28:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: more DeLorean Financing - my experience & "saving speech"

To all future owners (more specifically the younger ones),

Not that I'm an extremely wise man or anything but let me give you my situation
as an example on an option for obtaining your dream car. Caution: In order to
take this route patience and determination are required. If you are easily
subdued by the "instant gratification" that lives in our society today this way
is not for you. Although I'd challenge you go this route. You'll be happier in
the long run.

1. Forget about financing your DeLorean***.
2. Start saving your money now.
3. While saving do the following:
3.1 - Keep reading the DML, DMCForum, DeLorean specific books & magazines etc.
yadda yadda.
3.2 - Get hooked up with local owners/clubs ask questions & listen to stories of
past experiences.
3.3 - Go to the local & national DeLorean Car Shows.

4. Keep on saving. Put money aside in a separate "DeLorean Only" account never to
withdraw except for purchasing your car & items for the car. Take a set amount
each month out of your paycheck and put it there. Don't have a job? Get one. Or
Two. Get birthday cash, find spare coin . . . put it in the account. Don't eat
out every single night. Sell items on eBay, etc. I'm not telling you to separate
the 2-ply toilet paper, re-use paper towels or wear the same clothes for a week
but you get the picture, right? Cut back on excessive spending and if a gift
comes along put it away.

Doing 1 thru 4 above will give you more time to learn about the DeLorean,
finances in general, make friends in the DeLorean community and experience life
as free of debt for as long as you can while you're young.

I am so freak'n glad I did just that. I was fortunate enough to purchase my car
out right - "lock-stock & 2 smoking barrels" (good movie by the way;-) Now the
left over cash is going for some upgrades & other "wants" to make it my dream
car. I'm still going to be saving as usual for general maintenance, surprises
that may come about & all the gas I'm going to be using driving all over creation
once the salt & the idiots go into hibernation.

Enough of my wind . . . I guess the point to all my rambling is that you have
enough crap in life that will put you into debt. Home loan, school loan(s),
credit cards (if you not careful), unplanned emergencies etc.  Why not take the
time up front learning, socializing, saving so that when the time comes you will
get exactly what you want with little or no strings attached? You can then focus
on living the dream and the responsibilities that come with living/driving/owning
the dream.

being a lexdisic rambler I hope this makes sense and helps someone.

*** using your home equity loan to help finance a part your car would be the only
way I would go about "financing a DeLorean" - but to each their own.

BTW
If it were not for my accountant wife's 5yr projection plan, the DeLorean Club of
Ohio, the DML participants . . . and all the other owners/enthusiast I've met,
became friends with/encouraged by over the years I would not be living the dream
today.
Thank you all!

Shannon Y

http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 18:17:37 -0800
From: "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff_at_dml_seagullsolutions.net>

Just a quick comment about long term storage.  The last time the engine is
run prior to storage should be a hot run.  The products of combustion are
nominally CO2 and Water.  If you run the engine for just a few minutes and
it does not really warm up the water condensates inside where it can and
will do plenty of damage during it's long rest.  Residual water combines
with combustion products to form acids and acts as a electrolyte in the
support of corrosion.  A hot engine is a dryer engine.  It is wrong to start
up an engine monthly unless you are willing to run it until the fans turn
on.  Last summer I took delivery of a car that had been run "once a month"
to keep it lubricated.  Compression was awful, so the engine was torn down
and it was a rusted piece of junk inside.

Don Ekhoff

Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 01:42:26 -0000
From: "armac.rm" <armac_at_dml_rocketmail.com>
Subject: Accent Stripe

Does anyone have any Idea how many deloreans received the wide black
accent stripe option? Does it do anything for the value of the car,
and has anyone ever tried to remove them.

Vin:5745

Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 16:34:40 -0000
From: "M. P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>
Subject: P.J. Grady's 2nd Annual AZ-D Visit

Rob and Debby Grady came to visit the Arizona DeLorean Club for the
second year in a row.  We had a blast and I would like to share our
weekend with you:

Rob and Debby flew in Friday night where they were joined by EvilDan
from NJ , Ken Koncelik of Deloreancarshow.com, and TIMMAY! from MN.
We all went out to dinner and planned out the weekend.  Saturday
morning we met former VP of the AZ-D, Ryan McCaffrey, for breakfast
before the day's events.  Ryan flew down from California to experience
Rob's 2nd visit.

>From breakfast we headed up to Mesa Auto Works.  MAW is the local shop
that provides much needed support to our club members.  Stan, the
owner, opened on Saturday morning from 8am to noon just for us.  He
was very gracious about it and accepted no payment.  One by one our
scheduled owners came in to have Rob and EvilDan do a good inspection
for a nominal fee.  Ken milled around with the enthusiasts and carless
owners who came to support us.  Each owner was given a pad of paper
and a pen so they could document the issues that were found.

Meanwhile, TIMMAY! was helping a club member that had tried everything
but could not get his car to run.  Throughout the day Rob checked in
with them and even performed a few minor repairs on a few cars.  With
consulting from Rob and wrenching from TIMMAY! and the owner they
managed to get the car running and drove it home from MAW.

Everyone regrouped at my house between 2pm and 3pm where we "milled
around the cars like cows."  It was amazing to see 8 DeLoreans parked
outside my house, up and down the street.  Rob was even gracious
enough to perform one more inspection and road test for an owner who
was not able to make it to the morning tech session.

Around 4pm we headed out to the Hard Rock Cafe in downtown Phoenix for
dinner.  The caravan went with 5 DeLoreans and 4 chase vehicles.  No
one got lost and we all arrived in one piece.  Dinner was a blast and
many came back to my place for cigars (Thanks BUBBA!) and comraderie.
 All in all a fun weekend.

On behalf of the AZ-D club I want to personally thank Rob and Debby
Grady for coming out to spend time with us and support us.  EvilDan
and TIMMAY! get props for helping out select club members with issues,
ALL of which were solved.  Ken Koncelik shared Memphis stories and
tidbits of information for the upcoming 2004 show in Pigeon Forge to
gear us up and get us excited.  Thanks everyone for a successful outing!

Matthew, AZ-D VP
VINs 10365 and 16816

Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 20:23:47 EST
From: doctordhd_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Master Brake Cylinder

Henry,

I read your recent post on the master brake cylinder but I was unable to find
any parts supplier, not even Autozone that carries the Fernco M52329.  (Also
the people I spoke to said it is Fenco, not Fernco.)

They found a listing but then said it is not even available from the company.

Another source mentioned a part from a Saab 900, but did not mention the
year.  Any ideas here?

Any other recommendations for repairing a master brake cylinder that seems to
be leaking fluid rapidly.  The stains are on the brake booster and there is a
puddle under the car.

Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 20:31:38 -0600
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>
Subject: deloreans

has anybody had any trouble logging on to deloreans.com forums?

mark

Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 17:59:55 -0600
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>
Subject: speedometer / tripometer repair

does anybody have a repair kit for a tripometer on the speedometer?
my reset button is broke off and i would like to know if it is repairable, the
tripometer still works it is that the part where the push button attaches is a little
broke.

mark
VIN# 6683

Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 15:33:24 -0800
From: darryl_at_dml_techline.com
Subject: RE: Toby TABs

As of 3:00pm Wednesday 3/5 the second batch is sold out.  If you have mailed or
Paypal-ed payment you will either get a TAB set or a refund based on "first in,
first served".  I will let you know which.  If you missed out, sorry, but we
did give ample warning.  I doubt very much if there will be any more produced.

Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive
delorean-parts.com

[moderators - if I'm sending this more than once its because I can't seem to
get this $%^%* thing to work]

Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 20:19:16 -0800 (PST)
From: Raine Moreno <raine-moreno_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Door Lock Solenoids

ok...do you other guys have to mash on your Door lock switch to get it to work?  I didnt think that was "normal" or working as intended...So along with having to tear down the door to fix my window problems, i figued i would investigate why the resistance of the door lock switch, also my remote control unit will lock both doors but will not Unlock the drivers side door, i figured (after inspection of the door mechanics) that the solenoid is worn out and needing to be replaced...when engaged it barely moved almost like the arm moves out and then back in....Just enough to move the pieces of the contact plate to lock the doors..it doesnt seem like it should be working like that. Have any of you had experienced that?  I have not taken out the solenoid and inspected it yet, but i have been reading about some similar instances and wonder as well, if anyone has had thier solenoids "rewound" to give them back thier strength. I guess old age and or a combination of the old stock door lock module weakend the solenoids. Just wanted to know so i could possibly save 150 Bucks for a new solenoid.

any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!
Raine M.
Vin # 1096

Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 20:33:37 -0800 (PST)
From: Raine Moreno <raine-moreno_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Window motor cleaning

Rather than drop 250+ on buying a new window motor i have taken out mine because i rolled down the window and then it stopped halfway and it wont move now...so i took apart the door and insides and took apart the motor and tested it and it is operating fine...so it appears that the problem is that the rod is very stiff...i can Barely move it up and down with my hand. So i am trying to take it all apart and  clean and re-lube everything. I am figuring that the rod is suppose to move up and down freely and very easily...any advice on making this process easier would help.
thanks,
-raine
vin# 1096
 aabclafon_at_dml_aol.com wrote:I am sadden by the fact I must sell my Delorean.

Year: 1981
Vin: 2578
Miles: 26,492
Gas Flap Hood
Black Interior - Good Condition
Rear Louvres and door struts are o.k.
Heat/Air AM/FM and cassette works
Almost a complete set of Delorean World Magazines.
Damage to driver side mirror.
Runs good 2.85 liter V6 Engine.

My D needs a good home.

Do to financial situation I must depart with my Delorean. D is located in
Brownsburg, Indiana right next door to Indianapolis, Indiana. Would like to
sell for $14,000.

Please respond to: aabclafon_at_dml_aol.com

Thanks
David L.

Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 00:26:14 -0500
From: Corey Stup <corey_at_dml_stup.net>
Subject: Re: Re: This is so frustrating!!!

> Corey,
>
> I am also 19 years old, soon to be 20, and I have wanted a DeLorean
> But, your only 15, I would do the best I could to save at least $3000-

Okay, for the last time.   I AM NOT 15.  I AM NOT THE PERSON WHO WANTED
TO BUY A CAR AT 15.

I'm 29.   I guess quoted history can be confusing.

Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 06:13:47 -0000
From: "Richard" <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: Long Term Storage

There have been a lot of good replies to this thread.  I would like to
add to it something I just thought of.  If the car is to be stored for
a very long time, wouldn't it be a good idea to remove all the gas
struts from the doors, hood, and rear louvres?  Then keep them in a
warm dry place, in the extended position?  My reasoning is that when
the doors, hood, etc. are closed, the struts are in the compressed
position and therefore under more pressure. I would think that after a
year or two like this, the gas inside them would be prone to leaking
and when the car is brought out of storage, none of them will work
anymore.  Ok, maybe its a stupid idea, but I had to add my two cents
worth.  :-)

Richard

Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 08:15:08 -0000
From: "v_davidj" <v-davidj_at_dml_microsoft.com>
Subject: Re: Master Brake Cylinder

Dave,

I rebuilt my master cylinder about a year ago.  I purchased my
rebuild kit from NAPA (www.napaonline.com).  The kit was made by
Raybestos part # UBP1544.  I believe it cost about $45.

Hope this helps.  Good luck!

Dave Jacobs
6406

Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 11:59:17 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Low Vin # Warnings

Hi Tom

I wouldn't worry about an early car just because it's early. We have a guy over here with
vin #569. I myself have #1458 (May) and in working on it have discovered a number of
items that were more meticulously worked on it than the later cars when they started to
cut corners. That said it's worth investing in the factory updates manual and working
through it. The only really important one is the front suspension recall, but that
applies well into the 5xxx VIN's.

I still have the Ducellier alternator on mine and although the voltage guage tends to
creep southwards at idle when the headlights are on, so far it hasn't caused me any
problems. That said, the regulator on the Ducey is notorious and the auto trans computer
is susceptible to voltage spikes... I will be changing mine at some point, but don't
think you'll have to the moment you get it home. The same goes for the electrical
problems. With a car that early you may find it still has the fan fail module (mine did)
which can be satisfactorily bypassed with a pair of relays and a number of crimps (I've
basically made mine run each fan off a seperate fused relay, but by using a pair of
trailing relay sockets and a lot of yellow blade crimps). The only other one is the
starter circuit update as detailed on the DMCNews tech section which takes a bit or wire
and a crimp to sory out.

LockZilla is a good investment for you to rely on your central locking, but again you can
just unplug the old module - and all cars have this flaw. You may have trouble with the
door handle release cable being too short - something that was changed later in
production. Ditto the spring that pops the bonnet up when released was originally too
weak. You may also find the door fit isn't very good.

Basically, lots of little things, but nothing that should make you shy away from an early
car.

Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 04:45:17 -0800 (PST)
From: Jonas Pitchford <Delorean3543_at_dml_yahoo.com>

About 9 or 10 months ago I got a brake master cyclinder from Auto Zone. I belive it was part number 707950. They had to order it but I had it in about 2 days.
Jonas Pitchford
Baton Rouge, LA