From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1426
Date: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 10:42 AM

1. Re: Polyurethane bushings
From: "vegascop1" <vegascop1_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: Fascia Removal
From: "vegascop1" <vegascop1_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Re: Fascia Removal
From: "Michael Paine" <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>

4. Re: Tile grout
From: "Michael Paine" <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>

5. Re: Re: Fascia Removal
From: kayoong_at_dml_aol.com

6. RE: trans swap
From: "Rob Hook" <rob_hook_at_dml_cavtel.net>

7. Re: Dash Lights
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 08:35:50 -0000
From: "vegascop1" <vegascop1_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Polyurethane bushings

Jim,
I presume you are talking about the 2 bushings that go on the front
of the sway bar and not the "donut" bushings correct?

Thnx so much for the info! I will be ordering some ASAP.

Ski 4649

Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 08:45:32 -0000
From: "vegascop1" <vegascop1_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Fascia Removal

WOW!

what is this the facia removal week or something? I just removed
mine also and there is a safety tip! Spray WD-40 on all the bolts
and nuts that you will be even thinking about removing or looking
at. I did that except for one somehow and everything went smooth but
that one. I was very lucky and it came lose. Save yourself a
headache spray something on those bolts. Too bad the front screen
didnt come in stainless huh? Maybe TOBY can think of something???

Ski 4649

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Sean Mulligan <sean_mulligan_at_dml_y...>

Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 07:51:04 EST (-0500)
From: "Michael Paine" <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Fascia Removal

boy are you in luck...

http://www.pjgrady.com/stainlessmain.asp

no, I don't work there - I just know about it.

pictures:

http://www.pjgrady.com/stainlesspics.asp?pn=8&pt=4

Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 07:46:51 EST (-0500)
From: "Michael Paine" <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>
Subject: Re: Tile grout

I recently redid a bathroom in my house and THAT was the exact grout I
used :-)

Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:24:48 EST
From: kayoong_at_dml_aol.com

Ski 4649:

They do.  PJ Grady has "stainless steel screens" for sale.  Rob show them to
me on his car and it does look "outstanding."

http://www.pjgrady.com/stainlessmain.asp

Kayo Ong
LIc 9D NY

Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:18:26 -0500
From: "Rob Hook" <rob_hook_at_dml_cavtel.net>
Subject: RE: trans swap

Raphael,

I haven't looked at it personally but I know the frame itself is different
for automatic and manual transmission DeLoreans.

--Rob

Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:08:24 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Dash Lights

In a message dated 3/18/03 10:33:48 PM Central Standard Time,
ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com writes:

> My right turn light bulb in the dash just burnt out, how easy is it to
> replace. I know
> this bulb is burnt out because the lights do blink outside the car and the
> hazzard
> lights also work but the right dash signal light doesnt light up anymore.
>
> Mark
> 6683

Mark,

you must remove the instrument cluster.  there are about 6 nuts under the
dash that must be removed (they have huge washers around them except the two
right under the column).  then you have to disconnect two wiring harnesses to
the back of the cluster as well as the speedometer cable.  the cluster will
then easily come out and finding the right bulb should be pretty
straight-forward.

when replacing the cluster, make sure all the little copper tabs for the
wiring harnesses are straight and not touching when you reassemble.  if they
get bent or touch each other that will cause problems.

the bulb might not actually be burnt out.  the cluster is kinda junky and the
socket for the bulb could just be loose.  you'll have to play around to
figure it out.

Andy

Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596