From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1448
Date: Friday, April 04, 2003 6:42 AM

1. Re: Spring Cleaning
From: "Henry" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>

2. RE: Automatic Delorean
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

3. AC Decal Question
From: <gw2tulsa_at_dml_cox.net>

4. Re: Clock and A/C light dimming.
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>

5. Re: Gary's fine new ride (#10680)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. RE: Oddball plugs
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayf_at_dml_charter.net>

7. GlassFiber DeLorean prototype from Lotus Cars
From: Senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

8. Delorean Wanted in the Los Angeles Area
From: "Bill Daly" <billdaly_at_dml_att.net>

9. Re: Spring Cleaning
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. DMC's Grey interior panels (clarification)
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 08:26:22 -0500
From: "Henry" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Spring Cleaning

>  "E-bay" just  generates feeding frenzies where the persons selling the parts are
> trying hard to become overnight millionares

Sorry, but I must disagree with this comment.  The sellers don't have much control over the final price of auctions on ebay.  I find ebay to be a reasonable and decent place to look for delorean parts (or anything else).  In open auctions, the price rises to the point the market will bear.  Seems fair for everyone involved.  And there aren't many millionaires being made by ebay auctions.

And besides, DMCNews already has a dedicated location for buying/selling Delorean parts:

http://www.dmcnews.com/deptofcmrce/forsalemain.html

-Hank

Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:30:31 -0500
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: RE: Automatic Delorean

Adam:

You should attend our spring social the end of this month in NJ.  There
might be cars for sale, or owners that know of cars for sale.  iN either
case, it is an awesome opportunity to meet DMC owners.

Details are at www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/events/events.htm#spring

Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:47:02 -0500
From: <gw2tulsa_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: AC Decal Question

Well the little updates of 10680 continue. My new lift pistons, O2 Sensor, and AC Decal came in yesterday from PJ Grady. However, I have a slight issue with the Decal - it's different - waaay different.

Are there two styles of AC Decal? All I've ever seen in a D were the style seen in my 82. Did they change to a different decal for the late 82s and 83s or did they get changed in the aftermarket on purpose? Also, there is a hole punch near the center of my sheet - is that normal?

Next up:
mode switch
Coolant Hoses (just to be sure)
Distributor and Wires (again, just to be sure)

-Gary Weaver
Vin# 10680

Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 17:18:49 +0000
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Clock and A/C light dimming.

Shortly after acquiring my Delorean, I noticed the consistant lighting of
the climate control panel.  On one of my warranty excursions to the dealer I
requested moving the power wire for the panel lights from the ignition to
the rheostat.  They did, & absorbed the cost. Not sure how it was done, but
it works well.

     Drive Stainless   Robert  VIN 6924  Sp. Tag AgBULIT

Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 08:37:00 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Gary's fine new ride (#10680)

--- content22207 <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net> wrote:
  HUGE SNIP

 most suffer from being driven too LITTLE.

 - - - -  - - - - - - - - - -
All of Bills comments are right on!  However, IMHO,
this particular comment goes right to the heart of the
great majority of problems experienced by DeLorean
owners.

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867 (driven constantly)

http://tax.yahoo.com

Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 09:31:55 -0800
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayf_at_dml_charter.net>
Subject: RE: Oddball plugs

My D is automatic but has those empty plugs/jacks mentioned, in the engine
compartment.   I have owned it for six years.  I was concerned about them.
Talked to someone who told me that, NOT wanting to reinvent the wheel, John
and his designers looked over existing wiring harnesses and found a Jaguar
harnesss that did almost everything the D needed but left a few plugs/jacks
with nothing to do, So that is what they used, and that left a few
dangling!!  Whether that is true or not I don't know!

Most of the stories I see on here are of the above nature  "I heard someone
say" or "I read it SOMEWHERE but I can't find now", so I take it all with a
grain of salt!!

Murray
Vin: 05962
Lic:  DMC-XII

Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 12:36:51 EST
From: Senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: GlassFiber DeLorean prototype from Lotus Cars

Charlie Grewcock from Lotus cars needs some help tuning his PRV engine:
CGrewcock_at_dml_lotuscars.co.uk (Grewcock. Charlie)

In addition, he could have some information on those prototypes. I have
forwarded his email to the DML from the PRV engine list.

Regards,
Mike P

Subj:    FW: [prvsixengine] Looking for "PRV V6 Car of the Month" -candida
tes!
Date:   04/03/2003 11:55:44 AM Eastern Standard Time
From:   CGrewcock_at_dml_lotuscars.co.uk (Grewcock. Charlie)
To: Riccardo.Gubbioli_at_dml_uk.dealogic.com ('Riccardo.Gubbioli_at_dml_uk.dealogic.com')
CC: prvsixengine_at_dml_yahoogroups.com ('prvsixengine_at_dml_yahoogroups.com')

Dear all I need to tune my PRV engine befor its maiden outing. Could some
one please point in the right direction. Instruct me how to do it. I have
been told that the 3 Screws in the center of the Plenums can be tricky.

Please help

> Pertti,
>
> Closer to the summer, when my car is out of storage, I will like to take
> some pictures of my Thema V6, a rare version of a PRV placed in
> longitudinal position.
>
> Best regards,
> Riccardo

> Attention everybody!
>
> There is a new "Car of the Month" section on the bottom of:
>
> http://members.fortunecity.com/perttim/therenault30file/
>
> where I intend to display a different PRV V6 car every month. If you
> think that your car has potential to be Car of the Month, please e-
> mail your photo/photos to: perttimakela_at_dml_douvrinprv.com
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Pertti M.
> prvsixengine Moderator

Lotus Engineering - solutions beyond the conventional.
"This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
are addressed. This communication may contain material protected by
attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended recipient or
the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and
that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
please notify the IT Call Centre by telephone on 44 (0) 1953 608000."

postmaster_at_dml_lotuscars.co.uk
http://www.lotuscars.co.uk
http://www.lotuseng.com
http://www.lotusmotorsport.com

Group Lotus plc (Co. Reg. No. 606189)
Louts Cars Ltd (Co. Reg. No. 895081)
Registered Offices, Hethel, Norwich, Norfolk, NR14 8EZ

Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 17:53:26 -0000
From: "Bill Daly" <billdaly_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Delorean Wanted in the Los Angeles Area

Looking for a running car at under $12k. Please contact me off-list.

Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:15:25 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Although the DMCNews web site has a place to list
parts for sale, I think the idea of a Spring sale is a
great one.  Like justa bout everyone out there, I
,too, have a few parts that are taking up space in the
garage and would love to see them used by a fellow
DeLorean owner.

An annual "garage sale" event would be great (my wife
dictated this last line!).

Dick Ryan

http://tax.yahoo.com

Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 09:22:55 -0600
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: DMC's Grey interior panels (clarification)

Actually, at this time ONLY these parts are redyed gray:

Drivers Side B-pillar
RH Kneepad
Console Cover
Binnacle

Grey pullstraps are reproduced from new material, as are both colors of
headliners and shift boots (black only).

All the other interior trim - upper and lower door panels, LH kneepad(s),
rear trim panels, gaiters, coin trays, a-pillars (door and windshield) is
available in original gray and black varieties.

James Espey
DMC (Texas)

(SNIP)