From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1451
Date: Sunday, April 06, 2003 5:48 AM

1. Spring Cleaning Follow-up
From: "im2witty" <im2witty_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: DeLorean Lawyer News Story
From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>

3. BTTF Midi File
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

4. Help with Speedometer
From: "dmcorlando2003" <SundeQuick_at_dml_aol.com>

5. Alternative to expensive replacement fuel pump - baffle hose
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

6. My MCD Still leaking water
From: "Jason Jones" <jason_at_dml_pcupgraders.com>

7. Idle Problem
From: "vrvader" <vrvader_at_dml_hotmail.com>

8. Re: DeLorean Lawyer News Story
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_attbi.com>

9. NOS gray Leather seat covers For sale
From: "dmchero2003" <idorbconsulting_at_dml_cs.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 16:59:37 -0000
From: "im2witty" <im2witty_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Spring Cleaning Follow-up

Hello all.

If it would be ok with all (including the moderators), I propose the
WORST day in the United States to be declared the BEST day for DMC
owners.

APRIL 15

Once a year, one week a year, every year.

IM2WITTY at yahoo.com

P.S.  All prices should include shipping and handling, ie. the price
you see is the price you pay.

Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 22:55:45 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean Lawyer News Story

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, tonilfhs98_at_dml_a... wrote:
> Is he the same attorney that drove DeLorean into bankruptcy
recently a year
> or two ago?
> Bill K

No, Gerald Scotti was a former FBI agent who quit his job because of
John DeLorean's arrest. When it was stated the JZD was set up, that
isn't an exaggeration. BEFORE JZD was arrested, the FBI had already
sent out requests to reporters for a news conference, and had
champange ready. DeLorean's only contact with drugs were when he
picked up, and then dropped the kilo back into the suit case. As soon
as this took place, agents in the ajoining room were cheering,
toasting to each other, and bragging about promotions and fame.
Scotti who worked on the case knew that not only did JZD have no
interest in a drug deal, and not only was he pressured into the deal
with threats people of murdering his family, but Scotti new the case,
and specificly saw that in the planning of the so called "drug deal"
niether JZD, nor DMC had any part of the deal in it's architecture.
He didn't put up any money, he did launder any money, and he didn't
traffic any product. And this is what was proven to a jury, with the
help of Gerald Scotti. He saw on the monitors the whole bust as it
went down live. He new that what the FBI was doing to DeLorean was
wrong, and that it would ruin his life forever both professionally,
and personally. So in disgust, he quit shortly after, and ended up
testifying for the defense to help save John DeLorean. The rest is
history.

To read about the man committing a suicide/murder is to say the
least, beyond shocking. I don't know much about the man, but in
pictures I've seen of him, he appeared pretty stable to me.

In the end, I guess we'll have to write this in as yet another
strange turn in the DeLorean story...

Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 18:24:22 -0500
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: BTTF Midi File

Does anyone know where I can get a MIDI file of the back to the future
theme song?   I want to use it as my cell phone ringer.

Kevin Abato
Vin #16680

Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 23:34:48 -0000
From: "dmcorlando2003" <SundeQuick_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Help with Speedometer

Hey guys, here's my problem...

Just got my Delorean.  It's VIN 2944 Aug 81 build date with black
interior and an auto.

Shorly after I got the car the spedometer started to work
intermitantly.  Eventually it just stopped.  I ordered a new lower
speedo cable and installed it.  It was the braded stainless steel one
from specialtauto in Wash.  However after istalling it the darn
speedometer still doesn't work.

Additional ifo itf this helps:
All of the other dash guages work but when you start the car the
other guages "come alive" but the speedometer needle stays "limp".
Any help will GREATLY be appreciated.

Michael
Vin #2944

Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 04:56:52 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Alternative to expensive replacement fuel pump - baffle hose

For same price as replacement fuel pump - baffle hose you could buy
John Hervey's simplified baffle. I have one myself and recommend
highly. Before my sending unit replaced, once ran car to a gallon or
so (accident). Baffle didn't miss a beat until rounding corners.

Whichever components you use, treat yourself to a first class fuel
pickup system (including pump, boot, etc). Is some of the best money
you'll spend on car.

Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 10:26:59 -0500
From: "Jason Jones" <jason_at_dml_pcupgraders.com>
Subject: My MCD Still leaking water

A few monhs ago I asked some advice on my D's passenger side floor pan that
had about a gallon of water from a recent rain/snow storm.  From your
suggestions I spend another $1000 and replaced all the weather seal around
the doors, re-sealed all the fiberglass around the top, replaced carpet etc,
Well a few months later and some more rain I was upset to find that all my
work did not do the trick. For the life of me I can not seem to find out
where the water is coming from as once again I swept out about a gallon of
water from the passenger floor pan.  I inspected all the head liner and
there is no dampness or water marks and after my thorough job on the door
jams I can not see how it would be coming from there. This is getting very
depressing as now once again I have my seat and carpet removed and being
dried again.   Does anyone know of any other potential vulnerabilities or
places that I can check?

Thanks
Jason

Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 15:58:00 -0000
From: "vrvader" <vrvader_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Idle Problem

I have a question based on my idle. (I have an 81, 5 speed)

When I start the car it idles as normal (after an initial high idle
and then kick down in a few seconds).  As I drive and stop the car
seems to idle fine.

After about 20 minutes of driving when I come to a stop the car
wants to idle at 1500 - 2000.  If I blip the throttle it does not
seem to make a difference.  If I rev the engine up close to red line
and let it fall down it tends to drop to around 1000 RPM ( a little
high still but better).

I have opened the engine bay during one of these high idle sessions
and pushed on the throttle and it did not make a difference so I do
not believe it is based on a sticky cable or such things.

What may be causing this?

Thanks in advance for your advice

Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 09:23:35 -0600
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_attbi.com>

You're thinking of Mayer Morganroth.
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 14:49:23 -0000
From: "dmchero2003" <idorbconsulting_at_dml_cs.com>
Subject: NOS gray Leather seat covers For sale

I was lookin last week for black seat covers to trade with somone
with my pair of GRAY NOS ones. No one has any so I am selling off
these NOS gray seat covers. They are NOS and still in the box. I am
offering them for 899. This is prob your last chance to get these
anywhere. I am selling so i can get a pair in black.
Email me if your interested. I wanted to offer them hear first
before i post them on ebay.