From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1463
Date: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 4:49 AM

1. Re: Performance mods
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>

2. Re: Performance mods
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

3. Lamda system mandatory?
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

4. Re: Performance mods
From: "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff_at_dml_seagullsolutions.net>

5. Re: Performance mods
From: "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff_at_dml_seagullsolutions.net>

6. Additional Info: Lamda system mandatory?
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

7. gas flap hood
From: "dmcstyle1983" <sky250r_at_dml_aol.com>

8. Great Car show coming up in Chester NJ!
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

9. Critical Engine Failure
From: Richard Acuti <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

10. Re: Digest Number 1462
From: "BDM" <bmims1_at_dml_ut-texas.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:01:31 -0500
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>
Subject: Re: Performance mods

Turbo runs on exhaust and superchargers run off the crank by a belt, that is the
difference.

Mark
6683

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 22:53:51 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

A belt-driven turbocharger is called a supercharger.
Turbos use exhaust gasses, superchargers use belts,
chains or some other kind of direct drive for the
compressor.

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 23:23:14 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Lamda system mandatory?

Hate to throw sand in the gears, but my PRV runs excellent with
absolutely no Lamda system whatsoever. As soon as I get out of this
sling & wrap will drive the vehicle (fast and smooth) to a fellow w/
digital camera to document (if you look closely at pics in #5939's
photo album you can see what I'll zoom in on -- no frequency valve, no
line to lower chambers, capped O2 sensor bung). True, my fuel
distributor may be different internally (Martin G, could you get
Darren to look into that?). But even if I have no lower chambers,
wouldn't simply removing fuel pressure from lower chambers in a DMC
unit yield the same result? My fuel distributor has a Bosch ID tag BTW
(will quote model number when I get home). Is aluminum.

<snip>

A properly
set-up and operating PRV won't run right without the lambda system, it
adds a little fuel to make the air-fuel ratio correct. With a dead O2
sensor the Lambda will revert (fallback) to a fixed value. The big
symptom would be a loss of power and terrible acceleration. It is even
worse if the Lambda system is dead completely.

<snip>

You cannot remove the
lambda and successfully get an accurate air-fuel ratio across the
RPM band without going to another injection setup. Bosch K-Jetronic
has to have the lambda to work.

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:11:32 -0700
From: "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff_at_dml_seagullsolutions.net>

I have just finished 'P & Ping" a set of heads with the intention of puting
together a decent twin turbo motor.  The project started as an Island twin
turbo with added intercooler which was very flow restricted in the way the
intercooler was incorporated.

IMHO there shouldn't be a problem with too much cross-section killing
velocity in our motors.  More to the point is that there are many velocity
killers in the form of obstructions and pinch points in the stock exhaust
path.  I think a well thought out porting job will maintain the desired
velocity with very little risk.  As well, the stock exhaust manifolds are
certainly not great and the Island are worse.  After evaluating the engine
as installed in the engine bay I may be converting to Eagle Premier
manifolds as they look like cast headers and should flow better.  They will
need some tricky adapter work to mount the turbos however.  Then I believe
exhaust velocity will be served.  I look forward to the results and will
report as work is completed.

Don Ekhoff

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:40:41 -0700
From: "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff_at_dml_seagullsolutions.net>

Martin,  You make an excellent point.  This engine has tremendous potential
and sucessive variants have certainly proved this to be true.  If there was
someone providing a service sourcing and supporting European based engine
upgrades, I would be first in line.  My perspective is that I already have
the odd-fire DMV motor and see substancial gains without breaking the bank
or my drive train.  I don't think 130 HP is enough.  I suppose the question
is, how much more can I get for how much spent?  Has anyone else attempted a
ported, polished (induction as well as exhaust), turbocharged (single or
twin), intercooled, water injected DMC/PRV yet?

Don E.

Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 02:02:42 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Additional Info: Lamda system mandatory?

Bosch ID tag on my fuel distributor reads: 438 100 092.

Have no idea how that compares to a DeLo unit, but is obviously a
Jetronic system of some ilk. FWIW *ALL* parts purchased from vendors
have installed perfectly, including injector seals. I suspect R30
isn't too far removed from a factory block.

Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 02:28:38 -0000
From: "dmcstyle1983" <sky250r_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: gas flap hood

What was the last VIN# for the gas flap hood?
Was the trunk any differant to accommodate for this hood?

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 22:58:29 -0400
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: Great Car show coming up in Chester NJ!

You won't wanna miss this!  I just got word that the next auto Show in
Chester, NJ is ready to gear up for May 18, 2003 (Rain Date June 2nd)

Details can be found on our club website www.deloreanmidatlantic.com

Historic Chester 3rd Annual Spring Cruise-in and Car Show

This is a FREE event sponsored by the historic Chester business
association.  It is a great show with a ton of cars and awards for ALL
categories!  The best thing about this show is that you significant
other will want to go!! (keep reading  ;)  )

The car show is in Historic Chester NJ (
<http://www.chesternj.org/shops.html>
http://www.chesternj.org/shops.html) There are TONS of shops to keep
your significant other busy ALL day! (check the link above if you don't
believe me!) Antiques, and small specialty shops galore!

Chester, NJ is just a few miles away from Lamington, NJ (former home of
John DeLorean and site of our fall tour last October) and we often get
passers-by who can tell us personal account and stories about having
know John!

All of main street will be blocked off for the show Registration is at
87 Main street (downstairs) in PENNY LANE MUSIC STORE

9:00am - Event starts-Parking in designated areas
11am-2pm - Judging
3:00pm - Prize Awards (I was told if we get several DMCs there, we can
get our own class!  Last year we won an award for it!)
4:00pm - Event ends with a short parade of the cars through town
(perhaps a DeLorean Owner dinner at a local restaurant!?)

Pre-Registration is encouraged:
Contact: Penny Lane Music Store
908-879-5540
Wed-Sun 1-5pm

COME ON! People are bored of seeing 55 Chevy's, and old corvettes! Lets
make this the talk of the town, and bring out something people don't get
to see much of....DELOREANS!  Last year all of the people in attendance
had a GREAT time!

Let me know if you plan to attend!!!!!

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:33:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: Richard Acuti <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Critical Engine Failure

List,

Everyone here has been wonderful with advice and info. Don't fail me now...

I bought #5335 undrivable, and have been repairing things as I find them. I was idling it in my driveway 4 days ago when something seemed to "give", and it acted as though it had a vacuum leak. I shut it down and had to leave it for a few days. I ran it this evening, again it acted that way, but with a sickening twist...green coolant mixed with oil came spilling out on the ground once it warmed up.

It only has 22K on it, but it sat for years before I bought it. The oil level was correct, I'd just checked it. The oil pressure does climb pretty high when it was revved up. I've never "redlined" the engine though.

Cracked block, or blown head gasket? You be the judge... I'm leaning towards the gasket.

After all I've done, to get hit with this...I nearly puked I was so upset. Should I just toss the engine, or is it worth fixing? Would high oil pressure blow the head gasket? What would make the oil pressure too high? (No, I didn't put too much in)

Thanks guys

My wife's gonna kill me...

Don't be left out! Register today for the 2003 DMC Open House Event at http://www.delorean.com/2003event.asp

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you_at_dml_yourchoice.com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:59:34 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
From: "BDM" <bmims1_at_dml_ut-texas.com>
Subject: Re: Digest Number 1462

Do not affix the mirror to the windscreen without an expansion pad!  I know
because when a "shade tree" replaced my windscreen several years ago he
merely glued the old mirror to the new glass.  Result?  It cracked of
course! The pad serves as an expansion joint allowing for hot and cold
expansion compensating for different media characteristics.  So just install
the thing with the pad and you should be alright.  Good luck

Bobby Mims
Tyler, Texas

 > I am getting ready to affix a new mirror button to my new DMC
windshield. The glass arrived with a small foam pad that warns that I
should use it when I affix the new button. The rest of the
rearward-looking world just sticks the thing directly to the glass
with adhesive made for the purpose. Is there a dark secret about DMC
glass we should know about? The pad is not self-adhesive and can't be
used to actually stick the button on. Has anyone actually used one of
these? I would appreciate someone shedding some light on the best way
of affixing a mirror to the windshield.

From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>
2. Re: Rear View Mirror Pad
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
3. Northern Virginia Sighting
From: wmack <wmack_at_dml_vt.edu>
4. Re: For Sale
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
5. Re: Rear View Mirror Pad
From: "ensfield" <ensfield_at_dml_chartermi.net>
6. interior question
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>
7. column controls
From: "ferdaniraphael" <raphael.ferdani_at_dml_wanadoo.fr>
8. Re: interior question
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
9. Re: Re: Rear View Mirror Pad
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
10. Re: interior question
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>
11. Re: interior question
From: "Adam" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>
12. Re: Performance mods
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>
13. Lambda sensor removal...
From: "Adam" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>
14. RE: interior question
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>
15. Re: interior question
From: "James LaLonde" <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_excite.com>
16. phase 1 engine question
From: "Adam" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>
17. Re: Performance mods
From: Pete Berveiler <zamphyr2000_at_dml_yahoo.com>
18. Re: Performance mods
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
19. Re: Lambda sensor removal...
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
20. Delorean Midatlantic Spring Social
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
21. Re: Lambda sensor removal...
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
22. Re: Performance mods
From: Pete Berveiler <zamphyr2000_at_dml_yahoo.com>
23. Re: Performance mods
From: "B Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>
24. Re: Lambda sensor removal...
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
25. Re: Performance mods
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 00:49:26 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Performance mods

Does any know if porting/polishing the intake system yields any
gains to its performance?? Pros/Cons Also, is the DMC HOUSTON
engine compatible with the twin turbos?? would intercoolers be a
necessity?? and yes i know the $$$$ would be unreasonable....than you

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 01:09:14 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Rear View Mirror Pad

The story is if you glue the mirror directly to the windscreen it will
crack it. You are supposed to glue the pad to the mirror and then to
the windscreen. Get in touch with the vender you bought the windscreen
from and they can give you all of the details.

Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 21:20:15 -0400
From: wmack <wmack_at_dml_vt.edu>
Subject: Northern Virginia Sighting

My sister saw a Delorean parked in front of the 7-11 in Lovettsville,
Virginia
last week. Thats my territory, and I have never seen another around. If that

person is on the list could you please email me.

Thanks
Willie Mack

Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 21:58:00 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: For Sale

It is sold already

Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 21:39:08 -0400
From: "ensfield" <ensfield_at_dml_chartermi.net>

I used the foam pad that came with my new windshield from DMCH..Mirror has
stayed on for 2 years...Call Warren with questions and I'm sure he'll help..
Good luck,
Bob

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 03:03:33 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: interior question

Did some black interior cars come with black dash, console and seats
but grey carpets and headliners???? Im looking into buying a car
that is superb in condition, but this issue has me second
guessing....thanx guys

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:03:42 -0000
From: "ferdaniraphael" <raphael.ferdani_at_dml_wanadoo.fr>
Subject: column controls

Hello
I added a photo of the interior of a project car I found ( VIN717
folder ). The steering column control looks different from other
cars. Since it's a low-vin, anyone can tell me if it's original, or
replacement ?
Thanks :-)
Raphael

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 09:16:58 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: interior question

Yes, some cars came with the Black seats and dash and light gray carpet.

I have one and it is original. My VIN is 16684. The ones I have seen all
have been later VIN cars and probably were just assembled using whatever
parts were available.

I have a friend of mine also that has one just like it so no its not
necessarily been altered.
If its an 81 or early 82 then I might look into it a bit more. I don't know
when they started this so maybe someone has that answer. I surely would like

to know

Ken
DeLoreancarshow.com

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 15:45:45 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Re: Rear View Mirror Pad

John Hervey probably still has a supply of the double-sided mirror pads
I gave him in Memphis last year. The stick the mirror directly to the
windscreen. Make sure all evidence of any other type of pad is removed
on both surfaces before you start, and clean both areas with methylates
spirits (denatured alcohol iin the US)

Lots of cars over here have the mirror stuck to the windscreen. The
adhesive pads are commonly available.

Martin

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 08:55:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

The car you're describing is an '83. A lot of them were made this way... I
believe because they simply ran out of dark grey carpets and such. Some
people call this the "two tone" or "dual color" interior. I really like this
setup... it's got the handsome, professional looks of the black leather, but
without all of the darkness :-).

Louie Golden
VIN 10115 Sanford, NC

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:10:39 -0000
From: "Adam" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

My car is like this. As far as I know this is factory, when they
say "black interior", everything is black but the carpets and
headliners. I have an 83 if it makes a difference.

Adam 16683

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_y...>

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 09:02:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

I believe the Houston setup gets the largest portion of their power via the
exhaust system. The remainder would come from things like a hotter cam. So
if this is the case, a turbo setup and the DMC setup really couldn't work in
tandem. I believe (I may be mistaken) that turbo's couldn't have as high of
a lift rate cam as say, the Houston set up. The turbo system also wouldn't
be compatible with the exhaust system, as I believe the delorean setups are
exhaust driven, and require a waste gate. This is all just my (un)educated
guess though :-).

Louie Golden
VIN 10115 Sanford, NC
--- "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:
Also, is the DMC HOUSTON engine compatible with the twin turbos?? would
intercoolers be a necessity?? and yes i know the $$$$ would be unreasonable.
..thank you

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 16:04:04 -0000
From: "Adam" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Lambda sensor removal...

This weekend I tried to perform the lambda sensor removal/bypass as
explained in the DMCnews tech section in the article by Knut. Well I
hooked up the voltmeter, but the numbers constantly fluctuate and
they never stabilize enough to make any accurate adjustments. My car
has idled crazy ever since I've owned it. Could this be a bad sensor?

Also, what exactly is the circuit operation with the lambda sensor
unhooked? The computer will recieve no signal, so what will the
frequency valve do, and with the lambda gone, is the freq valve
necessary?

thanks,
Adam 16683

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:17:47 -0400
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>

Yes. You just described my car.

I own a black car. The headliner is indeed gray and they carpet is gray as
well. The seats, dash, binnacle, doors, center console, and floor mats are
all black.

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 17:09:38 -0000
From: "James LaLonde" <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_excite.com>

All the black interior have grey headliners and grey carpets. They
are darker than the Grey interior's, but are still MUCH lighter than
the seats and dash. I've seen headliners recovered in black.. and it
looks terrible in my opinion. If you want black carpet get the black
mats... they look GREAT on either color interior.

I've always thought -- a two tone with the dash, armrests, center
console, and outer lines seats done black but the upper door panel,
pillars, and inner section of the seats done grey, with the lighter
grey carpets and headliners -- would look awesome.
But seeing as how my absolute LEAST favorite things to do on the D is
taking apart the interior.... I'm not gonna be the one to do it.

james

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:15:24 -0000
From: "Adam" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: phase 1 engine question

Do the phase 1 engines from DMC Houston use the Lamba system at all?

Adam 16683

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:59:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: Pete Berveiler <zamphyr2000_at_dml_yahoo.com>

The DMC Stage I engine includes an increased-flow
mandrel bend exhaust replacement AND hotter cams. The
old Stage II (no longer in the works) I BELIEVE (dont
quote me - trying to remember back to 1999) were
supposed to be a new inlet manifold and pleneum, new
pistons and sleeves to get it up to about 2.98L and a
head swap from the Renault 3.0i series. Then there
was supposed to be a stage III, including new
EMS/Direct fire ignition and modern EFI, fuel rails,
distribution system, etc. if I remember correctly. I
think the Stage I was going to go up from 130 HP to
the 190-200HP range(is currently 197HP), Stage I & II
was SUPPOSED to get up to 240-250HP and Stage I, II &
III would get it up to 290-300HP, which I believe is
near the is the theoretical maximum for a Naturally
Aspirated engine (roughly 1HP/10ml of block
displacement).

The key is that DMCH is NOT proponent of turbocharging
power-ups (still quoted on their web site). The mods
are not completely exclusive, as the port and polish,
and exhaust mods should be ammenable to turbocharging,
but the hot cam would not.

I believe the 350-400 HP range is attainable with
turbocharging or supercharging, but not with the DMCH
mods. It will require serious high-dollar performance
mods (custom intake manifolds, exhaust capable of
moving that much air, new concave pistons, larger air
inlet system, full distributorless EMS and new more
powerful ignition system, High-flow EFI system, and
different catalytic converters to be street legal)
that you can drop nitrous on as well to go above
400HP.

When I priced this last year, it was about an $18K
engine mod and the only thing stock about it was the
block. I had the money back then, but didnt want to
have to sink another 4K into tranny mods so my auto
could handle that much HP and about 340 ft-lb of
torque (now I'm broke again, so in retrospect it was a
good move hehe).

Pete

http://tax.yahoo.com

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:02:22 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:35:13 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Lambda sensor removal...

There are many other things to check before you go after the O2
sensor. There can be NO vacuum leaks. If it has been a long time do a
COMPLETE tune-up with CORRECT parts. If it's been 30,000 miles since
the last time (or more!) check the valve adjustments. Have the fuel
injectors cleaned and tested. Make sure the 3 brass screws are closed
and the idle motor and micro are working. If the frequency valve is
buzzing then the O2 sensor is probably good enough for idling. For a
complete description of the Lambda circuit and diagnostic procedures
refer to the Workshop Manual. To adjust the mixture with a DWELL meter
it has to be an old analog (needle) type. The newer digital display
type meters won't be able to read the fluctuating voltage. Don't try
to fix the idle by twiddling the mixture screw. Just make sure there
is a plug in the housing over it and it isn't leaking. A properly

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:44:23 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Delorean Midatlantic Spring Social

Just a reminder that the Spring Social is fast approaching. The
weather seems to have finally turned spring-like so we are hoping for
a large turn-out. You might still be able to get a room at the hotel
if you haven't already made a reservation. From my list I see about 23
people with confirmed reservations! Don't forget to bring at least 1
family band radio for the Tour. It should have channel 12 in it,
that's the one we commonly use. For any locals in the area nearby we
will be having an informal dinner Friday evening in the area so if you
are interested in comming e-mail me for directions.

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:03:42 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

The Lambda and Idle are two different systems. You cannot remove the
lambda and successfully get an accurate air-fuel ratio across the
RPM band without going to another injection setup. Bosch K-Jetronic
has to have the lambda to work.

Installing another idle system requires some different pieces to get
a dash pot effect and other things. In the long run you are probably
better off to stay OEM unless you have the background and knowledge
to do the modifications.

Most chronic idle problems that I have seen are caused by vacuum
leaks. The most often missed leak is at the tube going into the fuel
distributor housing from the idle motor.

Harold McElraft - 3354

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:19:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Pete Berveiler <zamphyr2000_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I believe there are belt-drive turbochargers as well
as exhaust drive. Intercooler is key to performance,
as heat generated in compression robs the power
benefit of the compressed air.

Am I wrong there?

Pete

--- Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk> wrote:
> The DMC Houston engine has been tuned and set up to
> work as a normally
> aspirated engine. The Island Twin Turbo is a bolt-on
> kit to start with,
> and the Houston engine is NOT DESIGNED FOR IT.
>
> Any turbo is driven off the exhaust, and actually
> the Island kit puts
> them exactly where they should be - right on the
> manifolds.

[moderator snip]

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 16:27:48 -0500
From: "B Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

One has to be careful with things like porting and polishing when using a
turbo. Velocity plays an equal role with overall exhaust flow in regards to

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:44:44 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

Can't speak directly to Lamda because I don't have it, but I'm
wondering why frequency valve itself can't be removed from fuel loop.
Would cap lower chamber with a bolt and run upper chamber directly to
return line under pontoon. Is not permanent mod, so what could it hurt
to try? Fuel mixture would probably have to be adjusted (leaned?) to
compensate for inactive lower chamber.

Did anyone ever measure size of O2 probe vs overall size of Y pipe?
Seem to remember it restricts A LOT.

Re: crazy idle -- is engine choking itself then rev'ing back up?
(possible vacuum leak). Does it stumble in middle of otherwise smooth
idle? (misfire, probably ignition spark). Is idle consistently smooth
but varying RPM's? (problem with automatic idle system?). What exactly
are symptoms?

Bill Robertson
#5939 (blissfully free of onboard electronics except a dying Craig
in-dash stereo).

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 23:07:09 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

.