From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 5:13 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1483

1. Re: Celebrities with Deloreans?
From: "v_davidj" <v-davidj_at_dml_microsoft.com>

2. Re: DMC forsale in the Greater Toledo, OH Metroplex ;-)
From: "now100handed" <now100handed_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. Re: Celebrities with Deloreans_McCormick?No!
From: "John Elgersma" <delorean_at_dml_telus.net>

4. Re: Cleaning Wheels
From: "kenndeal" <kenndeal_at_dml_attbi.com>

5. (unknown)
From: TOM RIMKUS <jonas19992000_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. RPM Relay Repair
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>

7. Rear Main Seal Replacement
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

8. Re: Celebrities with Deloreans?
From: beatlesra1_at_dml_aol.com

9. Re: Celebrities with Deloreans?
From: Scott Tester <scott_at_dml_delorean.com>

10. Re: Celebrities with Deloreans?Johnny Carson
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

11. Re: Celebrities with Deloreans?
From: Justin <voodoonova_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. re:Car for Sale (Was "no subject")
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

13. Accelerator Pedal
From: "Kramer" <jettaman95_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. Minneapolis
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

15. RE: Re: Celebrities with Deloreans_McCormick?No!
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayf_at_dml_charter.net>

16. Re: Celebrities with Deloreans_McCormick?No!
From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>

17. High milage cars
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. Re: Rear Main Seal Replacement
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

19. Re: Accelerator Pedal
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

20. more - Delorean Midatlantic Spring Social - thanks
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

21. RE: Celebrities with Deloreans?
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>

22. Johnny Carson DeLorean true location
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>

23. Re: Rear Main Seal Replacement
From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount_at_dml_juno.com>

24. Re: Celebrities with Deloreans?
From: wingd2_at_dml_aol.com

25. Re: more - Delorean Midatlantic Spring Social - thanks
From: Michael Paine <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 05:30:29 -0000
From: "v_davidj" <v-davidj_at_dml_microsoft.com>
Subject: Re: Celebrities with Deloreans?

Art OBerto, the founder of Oh Boy OBerto (Beef Jerky products), owns
a DeLorean.  I have been meaning to ask him for the Vin#.

I have also heard many times from execs who work closely with Bill
Gates that he has or had a DeLorean, though I have yet to completely
verify that.

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 05:34:08 -0000
From: "now100handed" <now100handed_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: DMC forsale in the Greater Toledo, OH Metroplex ;-)

i would be very interested in learning more about this car - namely
the asking price.  i have been browsing the marketplace for a
Delorean in my price range and have began to get more serious about
a purchase.  any info would be great, thanks.

now100handed(AT)hotmail.com

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 06:50:19 -0000
From: "John Elgersma" <delorean_at_dml_telus.net>
Subject: Re: Celebrities with Deloreans_McCormick?No!

Mark,
Got to disagree with you on the Coyote car from Hardcastle and
McCormick. Had a look at the website for that car and it is
definitely not a Delorean, frame maybe? Appears to be some kit car
from looking at it! Nothing really special from the looks of it!
Bye
John E.

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 05:40:05 -0000
From: "kenndeal" <kenndeal_at_dml_attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Cleaning Wheels

They are way beyond cleaning solutions, ie flaking paint?...

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Delorean17_at_dml_a... wrote:
> I suggest using Simple Green on the wheels.  This stuff
removes brake dust

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 01:15:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: TOM RIMKUS <jonas19992000_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: (unknown)

goes to carlot in 2 days for sale to anyone.  Wanted
to give the helpful list 1st shot.....

1982 Delorean
Vin # 11082
5 speed trans
Gray interior - very good condition
In dash CD player
Body - very good condition, a couple of tiny dings on
side (like from a parking lot)
a/c - converted to R134/charged and COLD-no leaks
50,000 miles
Just put in new door struts
Starts and runs well

needed that I know of:
	 		tail light/blinker fix
			power window buttons need to be cleaned as power
windows work intermitently
			needs power antenna

price reduced to 12K prior to release to vultures...

pics on request at JONAS19992000(AT)yahoo.com

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 06:09:42 -0500
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>
Subject: RPM Relay Repair

I am always interested in learning how a device works or how to repair it.
I am looking forward to the repair procedure.

I changed the subject line to reflect the project being taken on by Elvis.

Scott Mueller
002981
RNDOLA

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:54:22 -0000
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Rear Main Seal Replacement

I'm still struggling to make a plan of attack for my blown head
gasket and oil/coolant leak. I had decided on a total engine rebuild,
but I have been advised that it's just un-necessary by the good folks
in Houston.

After crawling under my car, I've pretty much confirmed that the
crank seal is the source of a large oil/coolant leak (I know, you're
saying that if that was the problem, there  wouldn't be coolant in
it). I believe I have a combination of problems.

Warren has advised me to just drop the tranny in my driveway and
replace the seal. After I undo the bell-housing bolts and the shift
linkage, what do I do about the drive axeles? Do they just slip off
with enough clearance, or do I have to undo the large bolts at the CV
joint? At which end of the axle, the transmission side, or the wheel
side?

Anyone ever do this before? Anyone nearby want to help? Thanks.

Rich
#5335- MD

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 04:25:14 EDT
From: beatlesra1_at_dml_aol.com

Don Knotts owns one too.

Chuck
Vin#6125

Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 21:17:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: Scott Tester <scott_at_dml_delorean.com>

Looks like Jim Varney owned one. Here is a quote from the DML:

<quote>

Message: 6
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 02:09:29 -0500
From: "Jake" <jkampho(AT)siue.edu>
Subject: Re: Re: Celebrity DeLorean owners...

Just to add a bit to what Robert said...

A few months ago, just about the time Jim Varney died, I was doing some
research and I ran across an old article about him.  Sorry, I couldn't find the article again to quote from it but...

The interviewer euphemistically asked Varney at the height of his "Ernest P. Worrell" career how much money he was making.  Varney answered that he was making enough to keep gas in his DeLorean.

I don't know.  --Just thought it was interesting.

Jake

<endquote>

Scott Tester     scott(at)delorean(dot)com

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 08:30:57 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Celebrities with Deloreans?Johnny Carson

The Johnny Carson DeLorean was Featured at the Cleveland show both at the
Crawford Museum and the E 9th st pier
The car is in the Akron Museum and it was brought out for the DeLorean Car
Show.
this is the only time it has left the museum since the owner put it there.

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 06:32:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: Justin <voodoonova_at_dml_yahoo.com>

In a picture i seen on the web somewhere, it showed Don Knotts (Barney Fife!) Standing next to his......

kayoong_at_dml_aol.com wrote:Johnny Carson of the "Tonight Show" drove a DeLorean and I believe he may had
owned two of them.

Kayo Ong
Lic 9D NY

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 13:53:53 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: re:Car for Sale (Was "no subject")

Note to car sellers - It would be helpful, in ads like this, to know
where the car is located (at least the state, city is better). It
makes a big difference to most people. . .

Also - be sure to post at www.dmcnews.com - follow the link to the
cars for sale page. It's a busy time of year!!!

Dave Swingle

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 13:51:33 -0000
From: "Kramer" <jettaman95_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Accelerator Pedal

Ever sinceI got the car a few months back the accelerator pedal is
stiff. It takes a good amount of force to get it up to a good RPM but
also I could have the pedal to the metal and the car still would not
to going faster. An example of this is when I am going on the highway
and I need a little more speed. I have my pedal pushed to the floor
But I am not going any faster. Anyone familiar with this problem?

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:31:55 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Minneapolis

I am going to be in Minneapolis on May 20th.
If anyone is interested in getting together let me know
I am free from about 4:00 on

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 08:24:14 -0700
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayf_at_dml_charter.net>
Subject: RE: Re: Celebrities with Deloreans_McCormick?No!

Web sites for both the Bradley GT Kit car and Hardcastle and McCormick have
info on the Coyote kit car.   It is a bit confusing and changes were made.
1st series shows The "Coyote" was a Manta Montage with a VW/Porsche 914 pan
and engine.  2nd and 3rd series show the Coyote Version II as based on a
DeLorean.   Both had removable gull wing doors.  Several engines were
used....straight VW, Various Porsche's and Mazda's.  FWIW Dept.
	Murray
	Vin: 05962
	Lic: DMC-XII

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:06:15 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>

Ok, let's clear things up. There are 2 seperate cars used in the
production of the TV show. The first one was a modified Manta kit
car. Later on in the production of the show, Brian Keith began to
have difficulty getting in and out of the car. So they chopped a
DeLorean to try and match the original Coyote car. Pretty much, the
front end is chopped, and has been shaped simular to the first car.
Same with the back. And then there are the gullwing doors. They've
had the roofpanel portions chopped to make the car have T-tops to try
and match as well.

Sometime back in '98 I believe, someone was trying to sell the car
when an ad for it appeared on classifieds2000.com (back when they
used to run their own ads, and didn't outsource databases). The
asking price was $60K, and I believe someone posted an eyewitness
report of the car, and said that it still had the camera mounts on
it. I don't know what ever became of the car, except while browsing
around about a week ago, I did see a picture of it over on Code 1
Auto's website.
http://www.codeoneauto.com/gallery/coy1.html

Here's a good site with some comparison pics.
http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/coyote/site_coyote/site_coyote.htm

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 07:39:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: High milage cars

I got my car with ONLY 51,400 on it! I have a long way to go with my goal of at
least 300,000. All though that shouldn't be a problem since I just love driving
this car!

- living and driving the dream
Shannon Y
VIN16506

http://search.yahoo.com

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 13:48:24 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Rear Main Seal Replacement

Take the axles all the way out of the car. Just remove all those big
bolts at both ends, they come right out in one piece including the CV
joints (good time to re-build those too). Worst part of the entire
job is that shift linkage. Be sure to remove the rear link from the
car, don't just unhook the transmission end. It will just be in the
way. It also simplifies things a little if you take the trans mounts
off the trans before you pull it out.

Second worst part is putting it back in (very heavy!!). I've done it
on the floor and on a lift, believe me the lift makes it LOTS easier.

Dave Swingle <--just did one Sunday, doing another in a couple of
weeks if you'd like to watch/help (northern IL)

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 16:09:06 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Accelerator Pedal

Check the cable and the throttle spool for ease of movement, if either
is hard to move then the pedal linkage and bracketry bends so you
won't get full travel preventing you from opening the throttle all the
way. Once you find out what is binding bend the pedal linkage so you
have full travel when you push the pedal all the way down. Make sure
at WOT (wide open throttle) the throttle spool hits the full
enrichment micro. Be careful, a binding throttle is DANGEROUS. If it
gets stuck open you could lose control of the car. There is also a way
to adjust the spring inside the throttle spool by moving the end into
different slots. You might try lubing the throttle cable as per the
throttle recall.

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 07:30:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: more - Delorean Midatlantic Spring Social - thanks

Like wise, it was great to meet all of you and chat about our cars. I just wish I
could have hung around longer than I did. Michael Payne was happy as a kid at
Christmas with all his new parts. No worries about bonk'n your head now with
those new door struts!
Good to see you again Jeremy.
Mr. Teitelbaum, your directions were spot on! Excellent. thanks.
Kayo & Walt, sorry our paths did not cross. Maybe next time.
I know Walt has me beat from the furthest point but I at least brought my car the
577 miles ;-P (jk)
Thank you all for your hospitality!
Now to catch up on my sleep from the fast/long/short trip.
Shannon Y
VIN 16506

-------------

Message: 20
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 01:38:58 -0000
From: "geek123y" <ken_at_dml_techno-concepts.com>
Subject: Delorean Midatlantic Spring Social

We would like to thank our hosts for the Delorean MidAtlantic Social:
David, Susan & Jason Teitelbaum.  We had a wonderful time! Dinner and
visit at the Teitelbaum home on Friday night was great. On Sunday, a
lovely drive from Park Ridge Marriott through quaint little bayfront
(Hudson)towns to Palisades Mall where everyone got to chat and
compare cars.

Met some really nice people while we were there and we hope to see
them again soon.  Still no conclusions as to who came from the
furthest point. Hey David, let us know.

Thanks again,
Ken & Laura
VIN# 002700

http://search.yahoo.com

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:06:26 -0400
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Matlock episode titled "The Lemon"
from 1994? Knotts buys a used DeLorean but has continuous problems with it,
even crashes it through the side of a warehouse. Interestingly enough, they
kept yhe same "whining" engine sound from BTTF.

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:38:06 -0400
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>
Subject: Johnny Carson DeLorean true location

Ken Koncelik wrote:

>  The Johnny Carson DeLorean [snip] is in the Akron Museum . . .

Actually, the Johnny Carson DeLorean came to Ken's show from the Canton Classic Car
Museum in Canton, Ohio:

http://www.cantonclassiccar.org/

The same city hosts the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

- Mike Substelny

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 14:25:13 -0400
From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount_at_dml_juno.com>

Will the CVs slip off?  I certainly hope not!  Take them off first.
They're easy to come off and easy to go on, and will make things easier
when they are not in the way.

Don't forget to take off the transmission mounts. :)  You should support
the trans with a jack while you do this.  You have to move the trans
forward to slide the input shaft (or torque converter) out of the engine.

I assume if Warren suggested it that you can slide the trans far enough
get it off (i have never tried).  You may need to tilt the engine forward
so that the trans is moving forward and downward to gain clearance from
the frame.

good luck!
Jim

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:54:22 -0000 "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>
writes:
> I'm still struggling to make a plan of attack for my blown head
> gasket and oil/coolant leak. I had decided on a total engine
> rebuild,
> but I have been advised that it's just un-necessary by the good
> folks
> in Houston.
>
> After crawling under my car, I've pretty much confirmed that the
> crank seal is the source of a large oil/coolant leak (I know, you're
>
> saying that if that was the problem, there  wouldn't be coolant in
> it). I believe I have a combination of problems.
>
> Warren has advised me to just drop the tranny in my driveway and
> replace the seal. After I undo the bell-housing bolts and the shift
> linkage, what do I do about the drive axeles? Do they just slip off
> with enough clearance, or do I have to undo the large bolts at the
> CV
> joint? At which end of the axle, the transmission side, or the wheel
>
> side?
>
> Anyone ever do this before? Anyone nearby want to help? Thanks.
>
> Rich
> #5335- MD

> address:

> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:34:06 EDT
From: wingd2_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 4/30/03 9:09:36 AM Central Daylight Time,
scott_at_dml_delorean.com writes:

> Looks like Jim Varney owned one. Here is a quote from the DML

    Jim Varney did indeed own one. It now belongs to DML member Trent Bailey
down in Kentucky.

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:50:33 -0400
From: Michael Paine <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>

That I was/am :-)