From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1538
Date: Monday, June 09, 2003 9:37 AM

1. LED Dash Update
From: "Mike" <mquinto_at_dml_attbi.com>

2. A few probs: shifting stiff, wont go(sometimes) dot 4 leak? , gas, temp sensors
From: "steve" <steve_at_dml_redsquall.net>

3. Contents of Oil Pan (Engine Failure)
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 21:59:41 -0700
From: "Mike" <mquinto_at_dml_attbi.com>
Subject: LED Dash Update

Hi List,
My LED's came the other day I installed all 15 of them. I Left the incandescent bulb in for the Battery light, until I can determine that the power resistor from Jamstrait will make that LED work.
Tonight was the first time I drove my car at night. And I love the red dash illumination. It really makes the dash gauges look updated. I thought I was in the Fast and the Furious for a moment.

Before I installed the red LED's I installed the white ones for the illumination. And they look allot better than the incandescents. They stock bulbs are more of a dull yellow compared to the clear white illumination from the White LED's

I added more pics of the dash in the photo area in yahoo groups
I'm waiting for my LED dome lights to arrive, when they do I will keep you posted if they work or not.
http://www.lightingresearch.com/leds/led_dome_lights.htm

Vin#1113

Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 20:04:13 -0000
From: "steve" <steve_at_dml_redsquall.net>
Subject: A few probs: shifting stiff, wont go(sometimes) dot 4 leak? , gas, temp sensors

MY DELOREAN's HISTORY
------------------------------
Bought April 2003
Previous Owner only drove it 600 miles in his 15 years of owning it.
He took good care of it.  It only had 16k miles when i got it.

Current Problems Known-----------

-5th gear is not easy to shift into. you have to slam it in after 55+
speeds it seems.

-Sometimes I cannot get it into 1st gear or reverse.  I can feel it
rubbing against the spinning gear inside. Warren at DMC Texas said
the hydraulic fluid is leaking and there's a 154$ peice to fix that.
First of all, how full it the resuvior suppost to be? I got some more
dot 4 - the resuvior was already almost full, i only put in maybe a
table-spoon. it still does it sometimes, i filled it to right up
before the bottle neck.   remeber it only has 16k miles.

-Engine Temp does not register
(sensor? or thermometer itself)
Where is the temp sensor? can i clean it?

-Gas tank meter only shows up to half tank at all times. ???

-Wobbly steering at 55+ speeds
(probly just alignment?)

Thanks email me at steve_at_dml_redsquall.net

Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 21:00:52 -0000
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Contents of Oil Pan (Engine Failure)

I drained my oil pan to examine the contents before I started the
head gasket replacement.

There was around 2 gallons of fluid in the sump. It was the
consistency of water (or thinner) and just -rushed- out of the pan.
It smelled like fuel and had a greenish tint like anti freeze. I'm
glad I didn't run the engine long when all this happened. This stuff
had almost no viscosity, or lubricating properties.

Does this jive with anyone's symptoms of blown headgaskets?

Rich
#5335 -MD