From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1545
Date: Sunday, June 15, 2003 9:45 AM

1. running rough and gutless at low rpms
From: "vin2105" <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>

2. LED Load Equalizer
From: "Mike" <mquinto_at_dml_attbi.com>

3. Defroster Switch Help
From: "Mike" <mquinto_at_dml_attbi.com>

4. Re: Speedo / Cable / Pickup (longish)
From: Jan van de Wouw <jvdwouw_at_dml_home.nl>

5. Re: TABs
From: "Adam" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. RE: running rough and gutless at low rpms
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

7. Re: running rough and gutless at low rpms
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

8. Re: Harada Power Antennae
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

9. Selling a set of seat skins
From: "Michael Paine" <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>

10. last call for carfax
From: "Jeff" <webmaster_at_dml_88-mph.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 20:01:53 -0000
From: "vin2105" <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>
Subject: running rough and gutless at low rpms

My car runs rough and misses at low rpms. It will have very little
power until it hits 3k rpms then its fine.  I checked the timing and
its set fine, checked to make sure that the vacuum advance is
working, checked for vacuum leaks.

Am i looking at a fuel issue, an ignition issue, other issue?

Anyone got any idea?
Phil Priestley

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 14:08:32 -0700
From: "Mike" <mquinto_at_dml_attbi.com>
Subject: LED Load Equalizer

Hello List,
I installed the Load Equalizer from Jamstrait for the LED battery light in the Dash.
The light went out and the voltage went up. I also simulated the Alternator failing and the LED light went on full illumination.
So, everything seems to be working fine. The Load equalizer was about $8.00 from http://www.myroadster.net/led.asp

I also took a picture of the Load Equalizer installed to the plug in the photo section under LED Dash.

Vin #1113

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 14:12:56 -0700
From: "Mike" <mquinto_at_dml_attbi.com>
Subject: Defroster Switch Help

Hello,
I removed my Defroster switch the other day and 2 of the 3 wires pulled themselves loose from the broken white plug.
Could someone please give me the correct wiring location of the 3 wires to the switch. I didn't want to guess and make something worse.

Vin #1113

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 00:05:34 +0200
From: Jan van de Wouw <jvdwouw_at_dml_home.nl>
Subject: Re: Speedo / Cable / Pickup (longish)

Since there's a lot of speedo talk going on now, I'm replying
to several posts concerning the speedo all at once...

Then on Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:03:19 -0000, Dave Swingle wrote:

> Honestly it would be easier to put a transducer on one of
> the inner CV joints (like many aftermarket cruise controls).

After having LOTS of trouble with my Angle Drive last year and
spending over $500,- on parts and repairs I decided I wanted some sort
of backup system in my car, especially since last time it broke down
I had just 3 days to get it fixed before my annual inspection.
With these inspections A speedo is mandatory, but it is NOT stated
that it has to be an original one...

After seeing a custom setup on another DeLorean AND seeing similar
setups on other classics I decided to mount a BiCycle Computer...
The higher spec ones have a range of up to 300kmh and feature handy
things like a programmable odometer, kmh/mph switching, Maximum speed,
Average Speed, tripmeter, triptimer and a 24/12h clock.
You can program the wheel circumference in millimeters, so after
proper setup these little gadgets are quite acurate...

I decided to go for a Sigma Sports BC800 with all of the mentioned
features on it. The wiring was lengthened by about 9 feet and we made
some custom brackets for fitting the computer and it's magnetic pickup.

I've put some pics on-line here:
<http://members.home.nl/delorean/bc800/Pickup.JPG>
<http://members.home.nl/delorean/bc800/Computer.JPG>
And before I get responses that I should fix my drive shaft seals;
I know they're a bit leaky and I WILL fix them soon, but untill I have
time to do so I'm just keeping an eye on the tranny oil level...

The system works like a charm, only downsides are lack of illumination,
but I'm allready working on that. The other downside is that it does NOT
count backwards and is on a different wheel than the original speedo.
Because of that I will eventually have different ODO-readings when I've
reversed a lot and/of have taken a lot of corners one way (difference in
inner- and outer side in a bend; speedo is on LF wheel, computer on RR...
One VERY POSITIVE thing for me is that I now have an accurate reading
in KMH too, fo both speedo and odo, so I've calculated my miles on the
car's original odo and set them into the Bike Computer in kilometers.
So, I'm a happy customer and my inspector said he'll approve my car
with this thing in place in case the original speedo busts again...

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:48:47 -0700, John Hervey wrote:

> Why can't the small cable be made from a flexable solid material.
> Why does it have to be like the bicycle cable with squared and
> soldered ends.Surley it doesn't have to move over an 1/8" or less.

After all my woes with my AD, one of the improvements was installation
of a COMPLETELY soldered cable in my AD, after fraying one and rounding
off a second cable... And I've put a bit of sheet-copper into the
drivecap on two sides of the square to make it fit better...
My speedo has been operational for over a year again now,
let's hope it keeps working. All I've done meanwhile is grease
it up twice a year and lubricate the lower speedo cable...

If anyone wants more specifics on my installation,
just email me privately on <delorean [at] home.nl>

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

DMC-12 "Dagger" since Sep. 2000
100NX "Saphire" since Nov. 2002

-------------------------------

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 12:18:16 -0000
From: "Adam" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: TABs

My car is an 83 and also has the allen head TABs.

Adam 16683

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <chris_at_dml_i...> wrote:
> I noticed that my TABs are not the normal 'Hex Head' bolt but they
are an 'Allen Socket Cap'. My car is an 83. Someone else in the UK
also mentioned he had the 'Allen Socket Cap" and his car is also an
83.

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 18:39:16 -0700
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: running rough and gutless at low rpms

Phil, I working with another person on the same problem, 1st we put in
injectors because the ones in the car were the original and the pattern
wasn't there. That took care of 75% of the problem. Now were going to check
pressure and most likly replace the CPR/warm up regulator.

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 23:47:52 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

It could be a fuel system problem or an electrical problem or a
combination of both. If the car hasn't beem tuned up in a while or you
just don't know that is a good place to start.

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 23:56:19 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Harada Power Antennae

In researching the antennae I found it is definately a Harada Power
Antennae model RX-20. The replacement black mast is a   PRXMB-5 the
"B" is for the black mast, without the "B" you get the chrome mast. I
was not able to find a direct drop in replacement. The good news is
there are many antennaes that will fit close enough that there will
always be something that will be useful to replace the Harada
antennae. Many have the relay buit into them so you won't need the
relay that lives behind the driver's seat if you change to another
brand. There appears to be ample stock of parts right now, I found
some at a local car radio shop. The mast cost me $30. In the future
though it will get harder and more expensive to replace the mast so
eventually we will have to find a replacement.

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 21:12:41 EDT (-0400)
From: "Michael Paine" <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>
Subject: Selling a set of seat skins

I just want to let you all know I am selling a set of used grey skins
on ebay _at_dml_ http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item
=2419606469

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 21:29:52 -0400
From: "Jeff" <webmaster_at_dml_88-mph.com>
Subject: last call for carfax

My account expires on the 18th.. so if anybody wants a VIN check, better
get them to me now.

-Jeff Chabotte
Norwich, CT
Webmaster, http://www.88-mph.com