From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1560
Date: Friday, June 27, 2003 6:41 AM

1. Re: Looking for a Dead Pedal
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

2. RE: Looking for a Dead Pedal
From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

3. Re: Steering rack stiction
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 02:48:12 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for a Dead Pedal

DMCH has them. At least they did. I am sure I remember seeing it on
their web site.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, jwit6_at_dml_c... wrote:
> Has anyone run across either a universal dead pedal or one made
specifically for the Delorean? Has anyone found one that is close
enough to be easily modified to fit?

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:46:52 -0500
From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

Check DMC Houston.  They have one in their catalog.

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 03:02:04 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Steering rack stiction

I have never liked the open hole behind the fans that blows directly
on the rack. I have had for many years a deflector I got from
Bauerele Automotive in Radnor, Ohio - 740 595-3348. I trimmed it to
suit me, but it covers the hole nicely and keeps the blowing heat
and crud off the rack. It deflects a lot of heat away from the fuel
tank too. I also serviced the rack with full synthetic oil (75w-90)
which seems to have done the most to ease the steering effort.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, jwit6_at_dml_c... wrote:
> My steering rack is sticking now that it's hot and I'm doing all
of my driving with the air on. It seems when the car is cool, the
steering performs flawlessly, but as it reaches operating temp on 80
degree days, the steering rack seems to heat up from the radiator
and begins to exhibit stiction. The wheel sticks where ever you tend
to put. I've pulled the pinion cap and loosened the spring tension
on the nylon slider by adding 2 custom paper gaskets to raise the
pinion cover, but it only delays the effect and makes the steering a
little looser when cold. It's been topped off with 90wt gear oil.
Any one else experience this feature? Any suggestions.