From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1594
Date: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 11:30 AM

1. Re: A/C System Questions.
From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount_at_dml_juno.com>

2. Marking Distributor
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

3. Christopher Lloyd meets our DeLoreans
From: "Ryan Hood" <Ryan_at_dml_Hood.de>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 03:11:07 -0400
From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: Re: A/C System Questions.

I do NOT have specifications for the length/fittings, etc.

I took out the old hoses and they built new ones from the old ones.  Like
was mentioned, the connector on the compressor side is rare and often
needs to be reused.

About "threading" in the new hoses, the high pressure side went right in
because of the side of the hose relative to the space between the frame
and body.  The hose is stiff, so it just pushed through by hand.  You
only have to make sure it doesn't catch on any bolts when pushing it
through.

The low pressure side is another story, as it is really snug in there.
Mine was at least.  I had the AC shop replace the stock 5/8th inch hose
(i think) with 1/2 inch hose (i think).  It went in easier than the old
one came out.  They guys at the shop said that the hose change shouldn't
be a problem, and now that the AC is working again, I'd tend to agree-
it's working just fine.

If anyone else is going to do this, make sure the male end of the in-line
connector is the one that you are pushing through the frame, as it is
much smaller than the female connector.

Also, some people swear by their hose-clamped AC reliability- that
they're just as good and cheaper.  The high-pressure hose that I had hose
clamped blew apart, and that's why I think the in-line high pressure
connector is a great idea.

Jim

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:39:39 -0400 "michael townsley"
<townfour_at_dml_mindspring.com> writes:
> Jim:
>
> Did you give the A/C Shop some type of specification for making up
> the new
> hoses prior to threading the new hoses through the frame I assume
> using the
> old ones? If so I would appreciate a copy....If not how were you
> able to
> thread the new cables through the frame if the old ones had already
> been
> removed so the A/C shop could fabricate the new ones?
>
> Mike Townsley
> 2 Fox Hill Road
> Old Saybrook, Connecticut 06475
> 860 304 2412
> townfour_at_dml_mindspring.com

<snip -- excess quoted material trimmed>

Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 05:09:22 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Marking Distributor

Agree, but it does give you a fighting chance. If you're lucky engine
won't have to be rotated, which unless there's a special wrench I
don't know about requires removing muffler.

Even though I marked mine still got it one tooth off...

Unfortunately you don't discover such things until intake and upper
air assembly already back on engine!

A 289 starts looking good right about then...

Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:00:45 +0200
From: "Ryan Hood" <Ryan_at_dml_Hood.de>
Subject: Christopher Lloyd meets our DeLoreans

On monday Elvis and I had the chance to meet Christopher Lloyd in Germany and bring our DeLoreans.

We made lots of pictures:
http://217.175.237.106/board/viewtopic.php?t=38
(Please wait for all of them to load. Click images for fullsize view)

Check out my invitation: http://217.175.237.106/fotos/lloyd/letterfromdoc.jpg

He was very shy but nice. Signed all our memorabilia and my Delorean and answered all our questions.
I really liked his last words when he left:"Hope to see you sometime in the future.......or the past."

Ryan & 16216 (Now signed by "Doc")