From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1622
Date: Thursday, August 14, 2003 10:30 PM

1. Atlanta, GA
From: Samuel <samuel_yahoo_at_dml_lightspeed.cx>

2. Trailer co-op to Pigeon Forge
From: Holler <thehauntfactory_at_dml_att.net>

3. Project Car Available
From: "media1524" <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>

4. SEDOC CRUISE IN UPDATE 9/20/03 AND 9/21/03
From: "delor_01" <JOHN.JORDAN_at_dml_ED.GOV>

5. INDIGLO Kits now available!
From: "Ryan" <boy1der18_at_dml_aol.com>

6. Re: Trailer co-op to Pigeon Forge
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: Project Car Available
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>

8. Slow acceleartion after rain
From: "c247852" <FSMinc_at_dml_juno.com>

9. Re: Positive Story about the DeLorean
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: Project Car Available
From: "dmcmike2002" <billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com>

11. thunking rear end
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>

12. Re: Windshield Washer fluid tubing
From: "Jim Reeve" <ultra_at_dml_isd.net>

13. RE: Trailer co-op to Pigeon Forge
From: "Gary Hull" <Gary_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

14. Delorean Window Sticker
From: "dom1172" <dom_diaz_at_dml_hotmail.com>

15. Re: Project Car Available
From: "media1524" <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>

16. Re: Delorean Window Sticker
From: jordan rubin <nuttenschleuder_at_dml_yahoo.com>

17. Re: Delorean Window Sticker
From: "media1524" <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>

18. Re: Slow acceleartion after rain
From: Louie Golden <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

19. Re: thunking rear end
From: Christian Williams <delorean_at_dml_framezero.com>

20. AC condensation drain and coolant leak
From: "a230sl" <a230sl_at_dml_yahoo.com>

21. Re: Trailer co-op to Pigeon Forge
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

22. Hunting with A/C on
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>

23. Re: Re: Slow acceleartion after rain
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

24. Re: Project Car Available
From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>

25. Re: AC condensation drain and coolant leak
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 00:31:46 -0400
From: Samuel <samuel_yahoo_at_dml_lightspeed.cx>
Subject: Atlanta, GA

I'm just getting ready to purchase one so I have to check various ones
out and have a few possible leads. Got my first question answered about
the stripe, anyone in the Atlanta, GA area that wants to go take a look
at a Delorean? I know that SEDOC is coming up and I could go see it
then, but by then it may no longer be for sale. Email me privately.

Samuel

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:22:29 -0400
From: Holler <thehauntfactory_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Trailer co-op to Pigeon Forge

Excellent idea!
Although I'm disappointed with the lack of responses
(aside from talk about awards eligibility. . .  :-/
Folks sharing transport vehicles to Pigeon Forge means a chance we could
all see more DeLoreans in one place than ever before!
Who would like to lose themselves for hours in an OCEAN of DeLoreans?
Raise your hands!
And it would ease the murmuring of 'can't go. . .too far'.
So to reiterate:

> What we need is someone with connections to a
> national transporter (or
> even private haulers) to work with us.    Anyone on
> the DML with a
> hauler? or other ideas?

We'll be there!  Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg (nextdoor) is a blast, and
the Smokey Mountains are one the most beautiful places in the world.
Don't miss the chance to mix that with DeLoreans.
Oliver Holler
10694
Time-Car

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:31:57 -0000
From: "media1524" <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>
Subject: Project Car Available

Hello List,

I had been playing tag with the owner of a local service station for
the past several months.  Back in May a spectator at a car show asked
if my car was the one that was parked behind his station.  I checked
it out and sure enough it was there.  I finally got to talk to the
station owner on Monday.

Here is what he told me:  The car has been sitting for 12 years.  A
customer who had a dispute over a bill abandoned it.  For 9 years it
was kept inside but was moved outside about 3 years ago and covered.
The cover disintegrated and it has been totally exposed to the
elements since last winter.  The station owner does not have the
title and told me that to title it, it would have to be declared
salvage and given a reconstructed title.  Since he does not a have a
salvage license he does not want the hassle and may sell the car for
parts.

I stopped to look at the car on Tuesday, here is what I saw:

September 1981
#SCEDT26T7BD003954
Not running
No title (abandoned)
Last registered in 1991
Hood groves, No flap
5 Speed
34,180 miles
Black interior, Dark grey carpet
Seats fair with minor scuffs & cracking
Dash cracked
Binnacle cracked
No upgrades
Small ding in hood, Dent in LF fender
Other stainless is good
All glass is good
Fascias need refinishing, Eyebrows
Minor surface rust on frame

I am currently looking into what I have to do to get a title for this
car so that it can be sold.

This car is not on Knut's register.

With the recent thread about not parting out cars I thought someone
might be intrested in this project car.  Contact me off line if
intrested.

Thanks,
Brent lundgren
1983 #17006
1981 #3049

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:25:06 -0000
From: "delor_01" <JOHN.JORDAN_at_dml_ED.GOV>
Subject: SEDOC CRUISE IN UPDATE 9/20/03 AND 9/21/03

HEY! Y'ALL

Pre Registration for drawing ends 9/7/03 these items will be given
away in the drawing:
One set of Goodyear Eagle II Premium tires Courtesy: SEDOC·

One set of Sheep Skin Seat Covers: Black or Silver Courtesy: Byrne
Heninger, Heninger and Assoc., Inc.

Window Regulator Motor, Left side Courtesy: A-1 Electric·

Window Regulator Motor, Right side Courtesy: A-1 Electric·

One 150amp Alternator Courtesy: John Hervey, Special T Auto·

$100 Gift Certificate Courtesy: Tire Rack, Indianapolis, IN·

Service and Parts Manual Set Courtesy: DeLorean Motor Company,

Dremel Power Tool Set Courtesy: Zilla DeLorean Electronic Products

Light Illuminating DeLorean Key Blank Courtesy: Ken Koncelik,
DeLorean Car Show

SUBSCRIPTION TO GULLWING MAGAZINE, Courtesy of Ron and Cheryl Wester

REGISTER and get DETAILS AT HTTP://WWW.SPECIALTAUTO.COM/sedoc

REMEMBER THE CLOCK IS RUNNING FOR PRE REGISTRATION

JOHN JORDAN, PRESIDENT, SEDOC
404 562 6075

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 02:18:29 -0000
From: "Ryan" <boy1der18_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: INDIGLO Kits now available!

After the log wait, they are finally ready!  I haven't had a chance
to update my website quite yet, but you can order via paypal.

Here's what you get:
4 El Glo dash pieces (3 for the binnicle, 1 for the A/C panel)
Converter Box, with color selector and dimmer switch
All wiring included (you only need to crimp 2 Scotch Locks!)
Colored light bulbs for the binnicle (color based on your El Glo
color)
3M double-sided tape
A/C panel relay update (the correct relay to turn on the A/C panel
with the headlights)

All for $180 US plus $5 for shipping (shipping costs outside the US
will vary)

Currently the standard 85 Mph version is ready to go.  The 160 Mph
and Kph will be available in about 2 weeks.

Please visit www.speedhut.com to see the available color schemes and
font styles.  The one pictured in the photo section under D.A.R.T.
is Reverse Indiglo, Jet Black, with White font, and Swis font.
Remember, if you order regular Indiglo, the entire background will
light up, not just the font.  It will be the inverse of the pictures.

Please send your order request to rgould_at_dml_d-a-r-t.com.
Payment can be made via www.PayPal.com to rgould_at_dml_d-a-r-t.com.

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 08:23:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Trailer co-op to Pigeon Forge

Unless you have a true concours car - - DRIVE THERE.
That's what these cars were made for.  They are
wonderful road cars.

Ken says that Pigeon Forge is a one day drive for 2/3
of the U.S. population.  I'm in the other 1/3 and it
will be a LONG two day drive for me - approx 1500
miles.

See you on the road - in addition to at Pigeon Forge.

Dick Ryan

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:35:10 +0000
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Project Car Available

The station owner may probably still have the owner's name & address.
Contact him (or have the DMV contact him) and have him sign over the title.
If he refuses, there may be legal recourse against him.  Orig. titles are
good to have; salvage titles can be a headache down the road.      There ARE
ways to find the DMC owner. You have all the pertinent veh. info.  Sic 'im!
       Drive Stainless    Robert    VIN 6924   Sp Tag- AgBULIT

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:35:36 -0000
From: "c247852" <FSMinc_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: Slow acceleartion after rain

I have a 6,000 mile Delorean I use only for running short errands
and it always runs perfectly...except after a good Florida rain.
When I go to start it, it fires up quickly and normally, but when I
press the gas, it goes but it feels very sluggish, even as I
accelerate through the gears.  After awhile it starts to improve
(presumably after the cars heat evaporates the troublesome water.)
It does this even if the car hasn't been driven in the rain - in
other words if its just been sitting out in the rain.  When I open
up the engine compartment it is dry as a bone - no water appears to
be getting into the throttle where the air/gas mix?  The only ports
of entry for water appear to be where it is supposed to be open to
the elements such as the side air intake by the far rear side window
or the drains in the front windshield (maybe its getting into the
gas tank through the worn out gas cap boot?) Maybe splash from under
the car is getting in somewhere...but then again it does this if its
just been sitting in the rain and not splashing through water.   Any
body have any ideas what's going on here?  Thanks.

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 08:57:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Positive Story about the DeLorean

It was a pleasure to read Jan's story.  It is the same
one I have been preaching for nearly 21 years now.

In May I took a 2500 mile trip in my DeLorean.  In
July/August I took another 3700 mile trip.  Next week
it will be a 2000 mile trip.  In September it will be
a 3000 mile trip and the finale for this year will be
in November, another 2000 miles.

Not every trip has been "flawless", but almost
invariably any problems encountered are from either
lack of maintenance or from a supid maintenance error.
 And, these "flaws" have benn VERY few and far
between.

Drive these cars - it is rewarding.

Dick Ryan

PS  Jan is also smart enough to be a Mac fan!!!!

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:15:12 -0000
From: "dmcmike2002" <billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com>

Just curious where this car is located...you may have mentioned it
but I could not find the state in your post...

Mike C

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:29:48 -0700
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>
Subject: thunking rear end

Since I bought #2105 she has had a thunk in the passengers side rear
end and a howl at speeds over 20 mph. The thunk usually only shows up
when you first back her up after sitting for a while and on right hand
turns from a dead stop. I changed out the TAB's and the bushings for
them and that seems to have gotten rid of the howling but the thunk is
still there. While I was under there i checked the motor and tranny
mounts and didn't see anything unusual.

Awhile back i checked the bolts that secure the engine cross brace and
found one was loose a couple turns and the other one was just sitting
in the the hole, not threaded in a bit. Tightening them up quieted the
thunk to a much less obnoxious level and greatly improved the cornering.

I'm starting to think its caused by CV joints? Am I heading in the
right direction?  If so, would servicing solve this? Anything else that
could cause this?

Phil Priestley
Alessandros 120
(503)370-9951

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:30:59 -0000
From: "Jim Reeve" <ultra_at_dml_isd.net>
Subject: Re: Windshield Washer fluid tubing

>From the washer bottle, it enters a vacant area in the front left
pontoon, following the front wiring harness.  From there, it enters
the interior of the car with the wiring harness, on the upper left
side of the drivers footwell (when looking forward).  And from there,
it follows directly underneith the very front of the dash, to the
little nozzle that points it up to the passenger side wiper.  I'm
gonna guess your leak is somewhere in the pontoon, because otherwise
it would be dumping washer fluid on your feet.  Also keep in mind the
possibility of blockage.  If your feeling daring, disconnect the
wiper end of the tube, and put the motor end of the tube up to your
mouth and blow.  If you cant blow, you probably got a rock in there
somewhere.  Have fun.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:05:21 -0700
From: "Gary Hull" <Gary_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

One of my clients promotes car shows, and is checking with his contacts to
see if a group rate might be possible. When I get the answers/prices, I will
post them and see how many people are truly interested.

Gary
www.PNDC.org
www.IN2TIME.com
www.Ford100Seattle.com
www.DeLoreanCarShow.com

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:25:40 -0000
From: "dom1172" <dom_diaz_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Delorean Window Sticker

I once saw a web site that had a blank replica of the original
DeLorean window sticker (can't remember which site or where on the
site it was. Have any of you guys seen this? If so, where is it
located. Thanks in advance!

Dom

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:49:19 -0000
From: "media1524" <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "dmcmike2002" <billsfanmd_at_dml_a...> wrote:
> Just curious where this car is located...you may have mentioned it
> but I could not find the state in your post...
>
> Mike C

Sorry,
The car is in York County, PA, off I-83, south of Harrisburg.
Brent

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:00:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: jordan rubin <nuttenschleuder_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Delorean Window Sticker

i have it ill send it in a few hours

jordan 11613

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 19:29:44 -0000
From: "media1524" <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "dom1172" <dom_diaz_at_dml_h...> wrote:
> I once saw a web site that had a blank replica of the original
> DeLorean window sticker (can't remember which site or where on the
> site it was. Have any of you guys seen this? If so, where is it
> located. Thanks in advance!
>
> Dom

You're in luck, it's on the DMCNEWS website
http://www.dmcnews.com/files.html

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:30:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: Louie Golden <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Re: Slow acceleartion after rain

You're most likely getting some sort of moisture around the spark plugs. Pull one out and look at it. Most likely they'll be pretty rusty and pitiful looking. My car was behaving this way as well, and after putting on a new set of plugs, this has ceased, and the car has performance I never knew it had! I'm sure everything is original on your car since it's only got 6k on it. Little things like spark plugs and new coils will work wonders if you take the time to do them.

Louie Golden
VIN 10115 Sanford, NC

Pre-order the updated second edition of  "DeLorean: Stainless Steel Illusion" now! Details <a href="http://www.stainless-steel-illusion.com" target="_blank">here!</a>

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:25:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: Christian Williams <delorean_at_dml_framezero.com>
Subject: Re: thunking rear end

You're certainly headed in the right direction. You might be able to slide
the half shafts back and forth to simulate the clunking if you've lost a
substantial ammount of grease from your CV boots. The only other
possiblility that I know of is that the bearing in the rear hub could be
shifting.

-Christian

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 21:34:19 -0000
From: "a230sl" <a230sl_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: AC condensation drain and coolant leak

I have noticed that after a drive with the AC on in our very humid
weather, the car "drips" a lot of clear condensation.  Mine is coming
off the lower gas tank plate in several locations.  I am assuming
there is a drain hose for this, but what is the routing of this
hose?  Mainly, where does it exit the frame?  Does it protrude below
the frame somewhere?  Or just fall onto the lower gas tank plate?

New coolant leak...it appears when crawling under the car that the
inside of the right rear tire gets covered with green coolant.  But I
can see nowhere a source.  Nothing appears in the engine compartment
anywhere near the coolant bottle, nor do any of the lower hoses
running under the car appear wet at all...just the inside of the
right rear tire.  I am hesitant to drive it to a lift.  Anywhere you
suggest this old body try to check for a leak?

Thanks much
Jim in Maryland

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:41:07 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 8/14/2003 8:30:37 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

> Unless you have a true concours car - - DRIVE THERE.
> That's what these cars were made for.  They are
> wonderful road cars.
>
> Ken says that Pigeon Forge is a one day drive for 2/3
> of the U.S. population.

I am glad to see someone is reading the web page.  See it can be educational
too LOL
<A HREF="http://deloreancarshow.com">http://deloreancarshow.com</A>

I also have looked into transports and there is a big difference in covered
vs non covered transports.  Now think of this
In an uncovered transport imagine the sight on the road with a car hauler
full of 10 DeLoreans.

What a thought

Thanks Dick

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:46:24 -0500
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>
Subject: Hunting with A/C on

When the engine warms up to running temp the cold idle hunting is gone.

I turn on the A/C with a warm engine and the idle hunts again.

I turn off the A/C with a warm engine the hunting is gone.

What is wrong?

Mark

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:06:38 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Slow acceleartion after rain

Plain old water is death to high tension electricity. Won't affect low
voltage things like microswitches, but will kill ignition spark.
That's why PRV wiresets have umbrella boots to keep water out of spark
plug wells. Water can also cause problems inside distributor cap. Your
car may be running 20 year old ignition components -- change them as
part of complete tuneup (belts & hoses too). Properly tuned DeLo is
pretty impervious to the elements (except road salt -- who would think
it could cause so much mischief on a plastic car!)

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:16:03 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>

In California and Nevada, all the mechanic has to do is file the
appropriate paperwork with both the DMV, and/or the local District
Court (basicly the appropriate judge for these types of claims,
although the official title may vary in your location).  The paperwork
that the grage files is called a Mechanic's Lien. Some states such as
California have certain statutes involved, such as proper
notification, and that if a mechanic fails for file said paperwork
within a specific time period, then they agree that they have been
appropriatly compensated for thier services rendered, etc... But not
to worry, since the final say comes down to a judge typicly (or the
DMV in other cases). With the past history of this car, and it's
owner, there is sufficient evidence to prove that the garage is indeed
entitiled to the car.

However, you biggest obsticle is going to be the garage itself. They
are the one's that must file the paperwork. So if the owner is really
indifferent about the car, then he may not even care enough to do the
footwork. And for instance the past owner will need to be notified.
Although the DMV may take care of this for you, by sending out the
notice to the previous owner for Plaintiff filing said paperwork. But
this depends upon the value of the car itself. Now since abandoning
cars at small garages is apparently common from what I've been told,
and from what actually seen, the whole process is more of a "hurry up,
and wait" situation, rather than anything too tangled (assuming that
the current shop is being totally honest with you).

Now if all goes well, the Judge will rule in favor of the garage (or
if the DMV does not hear back from the defendant within a specific
amount of time petitioning the garage's claim), then the car will be
awarded to the garage. Then, after submitting one final piece of
paperwork to the DMV showing that the garage is now the legal owner of
the car, they'll mail them off a brand new, CLEAN title! The DMV will
simply recognize this as a regular transaction of the car changing
owners. Simple as that. More difficult than just slapping a salvage
title on the car, yes, but better in the end. And if the mechanic
really wants rid of this car, then I'm sure that he'll be more than
willing to work with you in getting this car. And if he REALLY wanted
to part the car out, I'm sure that he would have already done so by
now. Same with slapping a salvage title on the car, and just simply
selling it to a junkyard.

Now, this can vary state to state, so here is a link that should asist
you with digging up the specific laws/regulations/procedures for the
state that this particular car is located in:

http://www.mechlien.com/laws/PENNSYLVANIA%20CONSOLIDATED%20STATUTES.htm

Skimming over the statues here, there shouldn't be any problem for
anyone obtaining the vehicle, outside of the garage owner's
coperation. And if for some reason, the car ends up with a salavage
title, it's no the end of the world. An understanding buyer down the
road for the car should have no problem with that, and if it really
bothers you, there are ways to have that branding removed.

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:24:45 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: AC condensation drain and coolant leak

Evaporator box drain hose exits pontoon under dash on passenger side
of frame sill. Look under there and you'll see it. Is two part hose.
Interior portion moulded for weathertight seal around pontoon hole.
Longer exterior portion runs to bottom of frame. My exterior hose was
pinched between frame and pontoon, preventing condensation from draining.

Re: coolant leak: Are water jacket drain plugs on both sides of block.
Make sure passenger side isn't leaking. Ensure head isn't leaking to
outside world (either would be rather unusual). More common culprit
would be heater core lines -- both pass right by there. Take a good
look at heater core shut off valve. Unless you know recent history of
ALL hoses, O rings, etc, I'd make it a priority to replace.