From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1675
Date: Sunday, September 21, 2003 4:47 AM

1. Re: underground deloreans?
From: "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff_at_dml_seagullsolutions.net>

2. Re: HIGH IDLE
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

3. GTO Car show today in MA
From: "Henry" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>

4. RE: Cutting keys from codes (and more on keys/locks)
From: "michael townsley" <townfour_at_dml_mindspring.com>

5. Re: HIGH IDLE
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

6. Re: underground deloreans?
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

7. Re: RIP VIN 10115
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. Intertia Switch Bypass?
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

9. temp gauge not working
From: "armac.rm" <armac_at_dml_rocketmail.com>

10. Re: RIP VIN 10115 (crawling out the windows)
From: "Jim Reeve" <ultra_at_dml_isd.net>

11. Re: RIP VIN 10115
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>

12. Air Con update
From: "Paul Salsbury" <paul.salsbury_at_dml_btinternet.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 23:22:31 -0700
From: "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff_at_dml_seagullsolutions.net>
Subject: Re: underground deloreans?

Hope it works for him.  I had a similar vision.  I was married with three
boys.  When they were young I got bit by the DeLorean bug.  Sold my Lotus
and got my first DeLorean.  I decided there was something really special
about it, not only because of the details around it's creation but also the
BTTF phenomenon.  So....Sixteen years ago I bought four more.  One for each
member of my family (five total). Thought we could do our own "Convoy"
(remember that craze?)  I am now divorced and none of my sons give a hoot
about cars.  The two oldest ones even waited until their twenties to get
drivers licenses.  The virtual world of computers turned their clocks so
they put themselves into the cave so they could see their screens better.
Weird how plans turn out.  At least they are all worth almost exactly what I
paid for them and I don't need a shovel.

Don Ekhoff
6543 + + + +

Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 11:32:00 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: HIGH IDLE

2000rpm is more than can be adjusted for but tweaking the throttle
plates, or seating the brass screws all the way down. My guess would be
the idlespeed thermistor under the intake manifold has become unplugged
- this makes the idlespeed computer think the engine is continually
stone cold. This can be tested from the idlespeed computer, but I don't
have my Renault manual handy to look up the pin-outs

Pretty certain it ain't a clogged injector, unless your mechanic has
deliberately set the idle that high because it stalls any lower.

Martin

Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 07:50:31 -0400
From: "Henry" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>
Subject: GTO Car show today in MA

Hello All,

  I'll be taking my Delorean to the GTO Day Lawn Event at the Museum of Transportation in Brookline MA today - it runs from 9AM to 4PM.   If anyone is in the area and wants to stop by and/or bring their Delorean, I know the GTO crowd will appreciate it.  Here's some info on the Museum of Transportation :  http://www.mot.org.  (I think there may be a $15 fee to enter a car into the show, or $5 or so just to be a spectator).  And here's the website of the local GTO club sponsoring the show: http://baystatetigers.com/

-Hank  #1619

Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 11:09:24 -0400
From: "michael townsley" <townfour_at_dml_mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: Cutting keys from codes (and more on keys/locks)

Where on the car can you find the key code for an 83 single key system...can
you cut it from the VIN No.?

Michael W. Townsley
townfour_at_dml_mindspring.com

Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 15:44:48 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

Fuel lines generally do not "clog". Even with a completely bad
accumulator  it won't keep the engine from starting when cold. I
suspect he is not familiar with Bosch K Jetronic. You should probably
find a more knowledgable mechanic if you can in your area. We on this
list can help if you want to try to fix it yourself.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_y...>

Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 15:46:49 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

He must have watched too many Back To The Future Movies and saw the
car in the cave!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the only one I know of that was
"buried".

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_h...>

Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 09:43:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: RIP VIN 10115

Here ya go!

http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/scrapbook/soc2k3/images/Sunday/DSC00301.jpg

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 13:59:42 -0400
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: Intertia Switch Bypass?

My car has a strange problem where every so often, it does not want to
start.

After one evening in particular, I diagnosed the problem (or so it
appeard) as the wire harness/connector to the intertia switch.  I
managed to jam the wire harness into a position to keep the connection
running perfect, and have had no issues since.

NOW...my car will not start today. I tried to jugle the wire around, but
no avail.
It appears that the wires are pulled slightly from the adapter that
plugs into the switch.  I want to test that this theory is correct and
hte root of my problems, but I need to know one thing:

How can I bypass/hotwire the Intertia switch wires?

Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:34:51 -0000
From: "armac.rm" <armac_at_dml_rocketmail.com>
Subject: temp gauge not working

The temp gauge stays at the rest position. All other gauges work. I
have check the sending unit for a 12 volt ref. key on and found no
voltage at either terminal.(the sending unit is the one on the side
of the water pump driver side right? two wire connector.) The shop
manual offer no help and was wondering if there is any other thing I
should check before having to remove the inst. cluster.(inline
connector,common failures,ect...)

Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:39:33 -0000
From: "Jim Reeve" <ultra_at_dml_isd.net>
Subject: Re: RIP VIN 10115 (crawling out the windows)

I was feeling a little adventurous at the 2003 Mid-Atlantic Spring
social.  I weigh 130 lbs.

http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/scrapbook/soc2k3/images/Sunday/DSC
00301.jpg

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960

> In a message dated 9/19/03 3:12:21 PM Central Daylight Time,
> louie_at_dml_d... writes:
>
> > Neither doors would open. I had to crawl out my driver's window.
Now those

Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 16:55:20 -0500
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>

Break out all the drivers window glass like Louie's was and see how easy it is now.

Mark
6683

Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 23:41:07 +0100
From: "Paul Salsbury" <paul.salsbury_at_dml_btinternet.com>
Subject: Air Con update

Anyone interested I've just updated my site with an air con re-build page, Couple of photos and an explanation of the job.
While your there sign the guest book there's lots of empty pages, Thanks to those who have already.

Cheers

www.dmc12.tk