From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1716
Date: Saturday, October 18, 2003 5:14 AM

1. Re: 2key system set for sale
From: "Andrei Cular" <acular_at_dml_tampabay.rr.com>

2. Is our Vin list wrong?
From: "Tom Porter" <treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Top 10 ways to tell whether or not you are a DeLorean nerd
From: "jchapelhow" <chapelhow_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Back Lash Continues
From: Vin 5386 <delorean_stainless_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: Re: DeLorean Values, etc.
From: "Mark" <mark_at_dml_meninblack.ca>

6. Re: DeLorean Values, etc.
From: "ccssinc_net" <johnb_at_dml_ccssinc.com>

7. AW: Door Gas Struts life Span
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

8. RE: Door Gas Struts life Span
From: "Gary Hull" <Gary_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

9. Re: 2key system set for sale
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: British or American?
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>

11. Re: Is our Vin list wrong?
From: "John Dore" <dmcjohn_at_dml_hotmail.com>

12. DeLorean's Steering rack & pinion
From: "TalksToGod" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

13. shop on east coast to paint facia's
From: billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:17:03 -0400
From: "Andrei Cular" <acular_at_dml_tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: 2key system set for sale

If anyone is interested I have the plastic parts to hold the lock in the
door avaiable.  And at a reasonable price I can machine a slightly modified
set out of aluminum, to prevent galvanic corrosion I powder coat them.

Andrei

Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:22:39 -0000
From: "Tom Porter" <treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Is our Vin list wrong?

Thats a good point Nelson, but I'm not too sure about that, I still
believe the Gold DMC in the Snyder Bank is a 5sp.

Here is an excert from out very own DML Vin list...

Year    Vin
1981    4300   Reno   NV    Tan/Gold   5 speed
1981    4301   Snyder TX    Black      5 speed

You can look it up if you want.  The only explaination I can think of
is either our own Vin list is wrong, or they simply used another
interior picture on the big texas website.

BUT, i would love to have someone who actualy seen the car in person
give us the facts, Is the car in Snyder a 5sp or a 3sp auto.  Hey, at
this point anyone of us could have been wrong, lets find out and
settle this once and for all.  Thanks

Tom Porter
Maine, USA

"Selling a car in Maine, New Hampshire or Vermont"- give me a Email

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Nelson, Allan" <abnelson_at_dml_w...> wrote:
> I don't know about the last D being the only automatic gold car.
It's

Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:34:07 -0000
From: "jchapelhow" <chapelhow_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Top 10 ways to tell whether or not you are a DeLorean nerd

Mark

Check www.entermyworld.com for virtually every article, movie grab
and information download possible!!

http://www.entermyworld.com/dsontv/index.html includes the Rocky 3
clip you asked about.

John Chapelhow
MMG 287W : 'Boeing' #0737

If you'll remember, a montage scene in Rocky III, where Rocky was
endorsing products, there was one shot of him sitting in a
DeLorean...  Might someone have this pic they could send me?

Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:49:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: Vin 5386 <delorean_stainless_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Back Lash Continues

I woke up early this morning to find that the SS sign
I made and I had on my mail box that simply read "Live
The Dream DeLorean 5386" thrown through my garage
window which is holding 5386 on her journey back from
the grave. Thankfully the sign missed the D. Only
damage was to the window. And to the double locks on
the steel door. Thank god.

Looks like we got some bad press from all of this, but
such is life. MG is not to blame but the people out
there who can't controle themselves.

I think one main mistake as far as the build team was
that they missed the point on the show in the
beginning. Placeing DeLo panels on a hovercraft is not
really merging the two together. So after that the
switch over to a new desing was a little to much I
think. Given more time and more engenering on the
second concept I think it would of worked. I think the
cubic feet of air space needed to be reduce more to
that of the hover crafts original specs. I think it
would of worked though with more engineering time.

Todd
vin 5386

=====
For up to the minute details on the restoration of Vin5386 point your browser to, http://www.khpindustries.com/stainlessrestorations.html

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:19:09 -0400
From: "Mark" <mark_at_dml_meninblack.ca>
Subject: Re: Re: DeLorean Values, etc.

There's an odd idea.. a brand-new 20 year old car :)

I'd feel more comfortable buying something for $20k that had 100k on it....
After 20 years of even basic movement around their showroom/lot, you have to
wonder how siezed the brakes/cv joints/wheel bearings/engine would be.

A friend of mine picked up a car a few years ago... an 'old lady
grocerymobile special'... cheap, low mileage, except that nearly every
moving part (except the engine) had to be replaced because it was siezed.

Food for thought.

Mark...
(no VIN yet, but hopeful)

Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 20:50:07 -0000
From: "ccssinc_net" <johnb_at_dml_ccssinc.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean Values, etc.

I had bought my 83 with 300 miles on it in 1999 and paid $28,000.00.
It now has 3100 miles and I have turned down $33,000.00 a couple of
time this pass summer. But of course I am not trying to sell it. So
maybe thats why I get the offers.

> If you want to see what I consider the top end of pricing, there is
a brand
> new Delorean sitting on the showroom floor at Toyota of Irving
between DFW
> airport and Dallas on I30. Less than 200 miles and never titled.
Asking
> price as of last week when I went out there was $65,000.00.
Naturally I feel
> he is a little out of the ball park, but the owner is like a lot of
people
> that think they are rare.  ( FYI )
> John Hervey

DeLorean

Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 03:18:39 +0200
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>
Subject: AW: Door Gas Struts life Span

>Elvis,
>I have checked the German site but could not find the adjustable struts
>anywhere. My German is pretty good but maybe I just missed it somehow.
Could
>you post the actual link? Thanks.
>Rustproof
>Vin#1559

See here:

Go to www.delorean.de

on the left bar klick on MARKT

In the center of the page click on:
DeLorean Club Deutschland  (Adrian Roth)

Scroll down to the spare parts in german called:
Ersatzteile

it's the first row below that.

There's no picture, but on top of the page there's Adrian's address.

Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 18:48:02 -0700
From: "Gary Hull" <Gary_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>
Subject: RE: Door Gas Struts life Span

Elvis said:
  >I have checked the German site but could
  >not find the adjustable struts anywhere.

Here is the Google translation. It can't fix the graphics, but the text
translation sure helps!!!

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.delorean.de/t
el.htm

Click on "MARKT" and then on "DeLorean Club Deutschland"

Contact adriandmc_at_dml_aol.com for more information or to see what it takes to
charge them up.

Gary
IN2TIME

Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 23:26:00 -0000
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Only one of the locks was damaged when removing them from the door,
and it was just that plastic piece you are refering to.  My dad was
able to punch out the other lock with no damage to the door or the
lock at all.  I have more detailed pictures to anyone interested.
The ebay auction started yesterday on the items.

Erik

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_d...>

Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:11:31 +0000
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: British or American?

Indeed, the Studebaker/Avanti was built in Canada for a time, but it is
STILL "labeled" as an American car (for insurance purposes, etc.)        I
don't understand.   Drive Stainless      Robert  VIN 6924

From: Louie Golden <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [DML] British or American?
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 07:59:53 -0700 (PDT)

The DeLorean is a dang mutt that defies labels... haha! As you know John
DeLorean is American, but the car finally ended up being built in N.
Ireland. Much of the cars development work was done by Lotus in England. The
car uses a varient of Lotus' famed backbone chassis, and employs Lotus' VARI
process for the cars underbodies. The car uses the PRV-6 engine and a
Renault transaxle... both of these are French. I believe the stainless came
from Germany... the list goes on. DeLorean Motor Company had offices in
America (New York), and in N. Ireland. The company had totally Irish
assembly line workers, and many of the high ranking people in the company
were English and Irish as well. Many more were also American. So it's really
hard to pin down just what to call the DeLorean car, and the company. The
company started out in the US, but ended up building their cars in N.
Ireland. They could have ended up building in Puerto Rico or even Detroit
had luck been on their side. So the easiest way for me to classify the
DeLorean is to say it was built in N. Ireland... I avoid labelling the
company itself.

Louie Golden
VIN- Coming Again Soon

Pre-order the updated second edition of  "DeLorean: Stainless Steel
Illusion" now! Details <a href="http://www.stainless-steel-illusion.com"
target="_blank">here!</a>

Send instant messages to anyone on your contact list with  MSN Messenger
6.0.  Try it now FREE!  http://msnmessenger-download.com

Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 20:35:48 -0000
From: "John Dore" <dmcjohn_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Is our Vin list wrong?

Hi Tom,
Yes, the vin list is wrong, the car in Snyder is definitely an
automatic. I've seen it!

John Dore, Ireland, VIN 3810.
PS I have also seen the one in Reno, what a beautiful car.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Tom Porter" <treehouse2000us_at_dml_y...>

Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:49:20 -0000
From: "TalksToGod" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: DeLorean's Steering rack & pinion

Hello all, my rack & pinion has very excessive wear in it (i can turn
the strngwheel a few inches!!!) -its still installed and is still
holding out. I have known it needs attention for a while now, and now
I cannot overlook it anymore. A few questions...is the rack & pinion
able to be rebuilt-are there parts out there to rebuild it too? Does
anyone have a good used rack they would like to sell? and finally, is
it possible for the worn rack to fall apart on me in the car? If the
rack & pinion is possible to be rebuilt or fixed, I am a mechanic so
this will be no hard task at all. This car will be parked in another
month or so for a clutch and the rest of the restoration-so if the
steering will hold, I will let it go until the clutch unless its a
danger. Thanks guys

Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 22:04:07 EDT
From: billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: shop on east coast to paint facia's

Just wanted to check with anyone on the DML or in the Delorean Mid Atlantic
club who has had their facia's painted if you could recommend a place to get
mine done. At the spring social I spoke to several of you that found shops in
the NJ area that did a great job painting them and were able to find a nice
match with the grey. I would rather drive mine to a shop that has done a good job
on anotehr D then risk having a local place do it....

thanks
Mike C
billsfanmd(at)aol.com