From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1763
Date: Saturday, November 22, 2003 4:56 AM

1. RE: BTTF Pinball Emulaters
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

2. Re: Exhaust Question: DMC
From: MichaelRPack1_at_dml_cs.com

3. Leather Care (Delorean Destruction)
From: MichaelRPack1_at_dml_cs.com

4. RE: Re: Dealing with Valeo.
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

5. Re: Volvo E series components on DeLo engine
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

6. Looking for parts...
From: "Michael Paine" <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>

7. Re: Looking for parts...
From: "Henry" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>

8. Re: Looking for parts... (Radiator Screen)
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

9. Re: Exhaust Question: DMCH vs. DMUK.
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

10. Re: Exhaust Question: DMC
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

11. Re: Catalytic converter bypass
From: "Louie" <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

12. Re: Exhaust Question: DMC
From: MichaelRPack1_at_dml_cs.com

13. Re: Re: Looking for parts... (Radiator Screen)
From: Michael Paine <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>

14. Re: Looking for parts...
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

15. Re: Re: Catalytic converter bypass
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

16. Re: BTTF Pinball Emulaters
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

17. Re: Re: Delorean Playboy Interview
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>

18. Re: Catalytic converter bypass
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

19. DeLoreans in Nashville
From: Marlus Pertile <m_pertile_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. Re: 170 HP DeLo
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

21. Re: Re: Looking for parts...
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

22. RE: DeLoreans in Nashville
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

23. Re: Re: Delorean Playboy Interview
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 23:24:11 -0500
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: RE: BTTF Pinball Emulaters

Caution!  As is with many other game emulators and ROMS, it is illegal
to own a ROM for a game that you "did not pay for".  e.g. You can
download an emulator for a Nintendo NES for free, but to legally
download and own the ROM pack, you are supposed to own a physical copy
of the original game cartridge or pay royalties to the developer or game
company.

Perhaps the Pinball ones are different, but you might want to
investigate first.

Just some advice from someone with experience working with ROM files.
;)

BTW:  BTTF game ROMs for Nintendo NES, Sega Genesis, and Atari 2600 work
great on a hacked Xbox running old system emulators.  OR.......so I have
heard.  ;)

Kevin Abato
Vin #16680

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 00:00:07 -0500
From: MichaelRPack1_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: Re: Exhaust Question: DMC

The Renault Alpine A610 Freeflow muffler available from France is another alternative. The exhaust system on the A610 is much better than the DMC.

Michael

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 00:06:56 -0500
From: MichaelRPack1_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: Leather Care (Delorean Destruction)

By far, the best leather care products that I have ordered is Leatherique. I belong to some other car clubs that get a huge discount for Leatherique. I can offer this discount to all of you DeLorean owners if you email me offline. The East Coast distributor is a good friend of mine.

Sincerely,
Michael Pack
01 BMW 740iL
02 BMW M3

Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:37:25 -0800
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Dealing with Valeo.

Marc, I have all the catalogs and the contacts from Valeo if I can help.

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 06:21:40 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Volvo E series components on DeLo engine

Are you sure you're not confusing B280 specs? Volvo literature shows
B28E at 155 HP, and that's with high compression heads. I believe B280
did spec at 170 HP, 10.5:1 compression, LH Jetronic.

Are camshafts same E & F series?

Fully agree that 038 series CPR superior to 066 series. Not only is
final pressure 10% lower, but is max'ed at 160+ degree ambient temp vs
105. Much simpler enrichment too.

Fuel distributors nearly identical external appearance -- are upper
chamber volumes same? (Volvo literature strangely silent on
distributor differences except to show additional Lambda porting).
Apparently all internal regulators same after 1978.

Volvo lists 2.0% CO2 for all E series after 1978.

BTW my 2.7 liter Renault block specs at 145 HP, 9.5:1 compression. I
think it's properly identified as a "Z7V".

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 03:24:08 EST (-0500)
From: "Michael Paine" <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>
Subject: Looking for parts...

Well, I guess it doesn't always pay to want to drive my D.

I was called this morning from the alarm company at 1:00a and they
wanted me to go to the building I work at to check it out as the alarm
had been tripped. I decide to take the D and on the way home a semi
truck flipped up a road cone and it landed right infront of me and
(having nowhere to go) I ran it over. It shattered the radiator duct,
punched a hole in the air inlet screen, gouged the front spoiler,
scratched the fascia and bashed/dented up my condenser. So, needless to
say I will see if my insurance company will cover anything (why is it
we pay them?)... you never know. Anyway I am looking for the following
parts used or new.

Here is the list with DMC-H prices

100632	SPOILER,FRONT		$293.28
105506	DUCT,RADIATOR		$0.00
106327	CONDENSER		$408.38
101628	SCREEN,AIR INLET	$167.10

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 08:18:02 -0500
From: "Henry" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for parts...

>So, needless to
> say I will see if my insurance company will cover anything (why is it
> we pay them?)... you never know.

Sorry to hear about the accident...  Many years ago, I could not avoid one of those HUGE tire shreds from a semi, and I hit is straight on in my VW Corrado. It tore up the air spoiler and bent part of the metal framing under the engine and other misc damage... the insurance company (Liberty Mutual) covered it all (after deductible). Good luck.

-Hank  #1619

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 14:27:52 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Looking for parts... (Radiator Screen)

For same price you can get Rob Grady's stainless steel screen.

What is your location? Rich A put out a radiator call and ended up
with full blown tech session following weekend.

>--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Michael Paine" <mpaine_at_dml_t...> wrote:
> Anyway I am looking for the following
> parts used or new.
>
> Here is the list with DMC-H prices
>
> 100632	SPOILER,FRONT
	$293.28
> 105506	DUCT,RADIATOR
	$0.00

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 08:53:05 -0600
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: Exhaust Question: DMCH vs. DMUK.

Martin makes the important point in all of this.   Restriction in the
exhaust (namely the cat) causes a torque loss.

I my experience replacing the CAT  on the exhaust stock D exhaust will
give about 10 HP more.

BOB

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:30:42 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

Are you sure it'll fit? The A610 does not have the large chassis members
the DeLorean does, right next to the manifolds. I know the 610 system
available from Simon Technic in germany is considerably more expensive too.

Martin

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:10:52 -0000
From: "Louie" <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Re: Catalytic converter bypass

Go to www.delorean.co.uk/DMCUK/performance.html and there you have
them. I'm seriously considering buying one of these, and then mating
it to a Borla muffler... should make for a neat exhaust note, and
marginal performance enhancement. I've driven several DeLos without
cats, and I can't say I can feel any difference in performance,
though Martin & Co. claim 10-15 hp bonuses from this. I DO know that
the exhaust sounds much throatier and rumbly at idle, but isn't any
louder under acceleration without a cat.

Louie Golden
VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 11:24:51 -0500
From: MichaelRPack1_at_dml_cs.com

MichaelRPack1_at_dml_cs.com wrote:

>The Renault Alpine A610 Freeflow muffler available from France is another alternative. The exhaust system on the A610 is much better than the DMC.

I meant to say, that the Renault Alpine muffler is better than the STOCK/FACTORY set up. I was not refering to the DMC Houston exhust, as I plan to ship my car to Houston for their preformance motor & exhaust.

Michael

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:19:48 -0500
From: Michael Paine <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Looking for parts... (Radiator Screen)

I'm in Pearl River, NY

Regards,

Michael
vin 6067

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:36:09 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

If you have collision on the car your insurance will cover it. If you
got the plate of the truck you could file against his insurance and
then there is no deductable. If you do file with your carrier then you
have to balance the cost of the repair minus the deductible with the
chances that they may raise your premiums. Since I know you don't have
classic insurance on your car if they drop you then you can always get
the classic insurance. Try Ken K, he and Erik are parting out cars and
Bob Miller has lots of used parts too.

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:46:40 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Re: Catalytic converter bypass

What you need to do is drive the _same_car_ before and after. You'll
feel it then. DeLoreans are all the same yet so many are different. A
friend of mine could outrun me with his stock system when I had my cat
bypass pipe in (but before the 170hp upgrade). Even my PRV guy says that
no two of these engines are the same - you'll get one that goes like a
scalded cat, and one that doesn't, and for absolutely no apparent reason.

Martin

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:45:52 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

The R.O.M. for BTTF is free. It can be downloaded from Sega's website.
They bought all the rights to Data East and provide the latest
firmware for free on the the Web or you can buy a C/D with the
firmware and all the manuals for all the Sega and Data East machines
ever made for $30.00. They aren't as fussy about it as most game
manufacturers. I guess they never figured people could use the R.O.M.
without a pinball machine! The logic was as long as you have a pinball
machine you have access to the rom too! As far as pinball machines go
the R.O.M. is of no use directly. It has to be burned into an Eprom
first. In an emulater you load it directly from the hard drive into
the emulater in RAM so you don't need a chip burner. Go to Sega.com
for the R.O.M.

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:59:25 +0000
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Delorean Playboy Interview

I have a stack of that issue 8" high. I acquired them for THAT article!
  Drive Stainless (but not while reading)      Robert   VIN 6924

From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Re: Delorean Playboy Interview
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:08:13 -0000

I have this magazine too.  And honestly, i bought it for the
articles.

Erik

Groove on the latest from the hot new rock groups!  Get downloads, videos,
and more here.  http://special.msn.com/entertainment/wiredformusic.armx

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 13:15:24 -0500
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 11/20/2003 10:11:19 PM Eastern Standard Time, dmc1288mph_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

> Hi everyone, I drive my Delorean daily, and I want to
> bypass the cat. Where can I buy a bypass pipe? Would
> it be cheaper to build one? Has anyone tried to build
> one? Any info. would be great!  THANKS Casey  VIN 3270

I have the one that Gary Uding (sp?) sells from the Netherlands.  cost about $100 shipped, maybe a little less.  Be aware that you will have to order a CAT gasket as well as nuts and washers (stainless!!!) for installation.  Also, installation can be quite maddening when trying to align the muffler and such back together.  It definitely tidies up the lower end of the engine bay once you get that heatshield out.   I don't think there is much of a hp difference that you can actually feel, but my cat was hollowed before i bought my car, so i'm not sure what it would feel like versus a really stock car.  took all afternoon to install!  i also had my muffler brackets blasted and powdercoated black and replaced all the muffler hanger bushings and associated hardware.

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 11:40:03 -0800 (PST)
From: Marlus Pertile <m_pertile_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DeLoreans in Nashville

Good afternoon

My name is Marlus, and I´m from Brazil...I just want
to know if there is any DeLorean Club or Store in the
Nashville TN area. Unfortunately here in Brazil there
is no D. and i love this car so much. in 2001, i met
Darryl in Olympia, Washington, area, he is pretty
cool, i took tons of pictures of his car. Thank you
very much!!

Marlus Pértile
Curitiba - PR - Brazil
m_pertile_at_dml_yahoo.com

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:16:39 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: 170 HP DeLo

Martin -- double check your HP numbers again. If you're still running
8.5:1 heads with original cams and valves, sincerely doubt merely
changing fuel metering and ignition curve adds more than 10+ HP to
DeLo engine.

B280 was massive PRV redesign to get to 170 HP. Way more than
difference between B27/B28 or E/F series.

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:17:23 EST
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Looking for parts...

In a message dated 11/21/2003 12:29:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net writes:
Try Ken K, he and Erik are parting out cars and
Bob Miller has lots of used parts too
Thanks for the plug but it was one car that was parted out for me and its
near its end.
The other 6 I still own are alive and well and all are being or are restored.
Three additional ones that have been restored have new homes already and are
doing fine.
The 900 mile car was sold this week and now resides in Cleveland.

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:42:31 -0800
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: DeLoreans in Nashville

Marlus, I just shipped parts to Brazil, so there must be at least one car
there.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

My name is Marlus, and I4m from Brazil...I just want
to know if there is any DeLorean Club or Store in the
Nashville TN area. Unfortunately here in Brazil there
is no D. and i love this car so much. in 2001, i met
Darryl in Olympia, Washington, area, he is pretty
cool, i took tons of pictures of his car. Thank you
very much!!

Marlus Pirtile
Curitiba - PR - Brazil
m_pertile_at_dml_yahoo.com

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:24:50 -0600
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>

It was May 1981, and he also did an interview for Playboy in October of
1985.