From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1777
Date: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 5:50 AM

1. Re: DMC
From: "gullwingmagazine" <gullwingmagazine_at_dml_juno.com>

2. Re: Delorean interior light swivel type
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

3. New Window Regulators are AWESOME!
From: "supermattthehero" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

4. RE: Are you a BIG DeLorean fan?
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>

5. Re: Re: Questions re steering linkage and front suspension.
From: Noah <sitz_at_dml_onastick.net>

6. Re: Door Ajar light comes on when I use overhead light?
From: Jan van de Wouw <delorean_at_dml_home.nl>

7. Re: Re: Door Open Indicator w/ Lever Light -- Bad Diode
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

8. Re: Continued: Bad Diodes
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

9. CORRECTION: Door Open Indicator w/ Lever Light -- Bad Diode
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

10. Re: delorean christmas cards....oops
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 22:30:21 -0000
From: "gullwingmagazine" <gullwingmagazine_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: Re: DMC

Chris Ingrassia's beautiful custom black Bricklin is featured in
Gullwing Magazine's Vol. 1 Issue 2.  Although I don't believe you can
view his car in particular, on the Bricklin site, there are pics of
many other Bricklins.  Go to: www.Bricklin.org for more on Bricklin
International Owners Club.  They also have a B&W magazine (with color
cover) called The Brickline.  The back cover of Vol. 27 - Number 3
July 2002 has a great photo of a Bricklin, a DeLorean, and a Mercedes
300SL aligned in front of the Blackhawk Museum.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "daviddoglay" <daviddoglay_at_dml_y...>
... pics of the bricklin;

Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 19:07:07 -0500
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Delorean interior light swivel type

In a message dated 12/1/2003 5:50:16 AM Eastern Standard Time, nuttenschleuder_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

> This plastic bends when the bulb heats unter tension of the spring and pushes downward.  I was able to heat and bend it back into position  works good now.  Ill post a few pictures
> tonite.
>
> jordan 11613

Your favorite vendor can supply you with metal light fixtures instead of the OEM plastic ones.

Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 20:30:00 -0000
From: "supermattthehero" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: New Window Regulators are AWESOME!

I just finished up installing my driver-side window regulator from
PJ Grady and what a difference!  I'd say it's about 2x as fast as
the OEM unit , and it's a bit more quiet.  The quality is definitely
better overall.

Yes, the install was not easy, but with patience (and a great love
for your car) it can be done, and the brackets DO line up correctly
if you install it the way I have it.  I tried to take a picture of
my configuration but my camera died, so I'll have to wait until I do
the passenger side with fresh batteries.  Maybe I'll write a
tutorial or something.  In the meantime, I'll offer these tips:

These are the steps that I took to install the motor:

1.  Remove old motor, however necessary.  My plastic elbow was
broken already so that made things easier :)  This will involve
removing the OEM motor bracket, motor, and unbolting the tube from
the small window frame.

2.  Now that the motor is out, lubricate the track while you're in
here and slide the window up and down a few times.

3.  For the new motor, separate the bracket from the motor and glue
the black plastic spacers to the motor assembly with some contact
cement, superglue, etc.  Something that has a strong bond.

4.  Take the new motor bracket and tube and install in the window.
The first step I did was to attach the tube to the small window.

5.  Then I attached the bracket to the rear door handle hole.

6.  Now this is the part that confuses everyone.  You need to attach
the dogleg brackets.  Remove the center bolt holding the dogleg
brackets in and attach one of the brackets on TOP of the upper
mounting hole with your previously used screw.  For the other dogleg
bracket, you can attach it to either of the lower mounting holes.  I
believe it's easiest to choose the one closer to the FRONT of the
car.  The trick is to mount this bracket BEHIND the mounting hole,
unlike the way we attached the first bracket on TOP.  This
configuration should allow you to easily screw the 2 dogleg brackets
together in the middle with the bolt we removed from the center of
the motor assembly.  Don't tighten anything too much yet.  I'll be
following up with some pictures of this step.

7.  Now go get your motor and slip it in behind the bracket you just
installed.  This is where you'll need some dexterity to get the
bracket bolts into the proper holes in the motor assembly.  While
you're doing this, be careful not to tighten the bolts too much with
a wrench because it seems the threads strip easily on the bolts.

8.  Now that you've got the motor attached, go ahead and tighten up
those bracket bolts.  Plug in the electrical connectors and off you
go!!!

I installed my window regulator in this exact configuration and it
works flawlessly.  It moves up and down smoothly, quietly, and with
constant speed.  Good luck!

Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 20:42:41 +0000
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Are you a BIG DeLorean fan?

BIG is OK, but it would be nice if Large-TALL were available for those that
are Long (sleeves), but not that Large.   An idea.....         Robert     :
)

From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
To: dmcnews <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Are you a BIG DeLorean fan?
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:33:17 -0600

By popular demand, we are now stocking XXXL sizes in the DMC logo
sweatshirt, DMC logo black polo and the DMC "Staff" Grey T-shirt...

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 19:13:58 -0500
From: Noah <sitz_at_dml_onastick.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Questions re steering linkage and front suspension.

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 07:26:08PM -0000, cruznmd wrote:
> I've been told worn lower ball-joints may do this.

Just to toss a real-world example out there, I had post of my starboard
lower balljoint sheer in half while turning a couple of years ago.
Happily, I was doing about 2mph in a parking garage. Don't want to think
about what would have happened if it had given out about 8 minutes prior
when I was doing 75 on the interstate *shudder*.

--noah

Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 01:25:08 +0100
From: Jan van de Wouw <delorean_at_dml_home.nl>
Subject: Re: Door Ajar light comes on when I use overhead light?

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 22:22:29 EST, Patrick wrote:

> This is no biggie, just annoying---
> For some reason, I just noticed that when the car is running
> and I use the overhead light in the cabin, the driver door ajar
> light comes on until I turn the overhead light off.

> I do not have the courtesy fuse in anyway

This last line IS your problem... Without juice coming
from the #12 fuse the Door Ajar-light grounds through
any of the lights on this circuit; engine, trunk,
glovebox and both interior lights...

This is actually NORMAL and also occurs when you
have a switch in line with #12 for use at shows,
I know from experience.

Put an new 10A fuse in the #12 slot and it's fixed!
Why is it out anyway?

JAN van de Wouw

Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000
--------------------------------

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 19:59:36 EST
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Door Open Indicator w/ Lever Light -- Bad Diode

Well I fixed it up.   I cleaned the diode connections and found that a few
light smacks on the binacle with my palm fixed the problem :)   I guess there
was a wire making contact somewhere up there...   Its still a mystery, but at
least it is fixed for now.

Anyway, thanks for the help!
Patrick

Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 02:12:00 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Continued: Bad Diodes

Follow route of electricity on wiring diagram or page M:18:12 of Tech
Manual -- diode is allowing indicator light to ground itself through
any of those downstream devices. Supply is fuse #5, not fuse #12. Door
plunger has no effect.

Was fuse #12 in place when buzzer went off? Seat belt and door ajar
indicators are tied together. Buzzer box is supplied by seat belt
indicator (as well as headlight circuit). Ordinarily no supply that
way until car energized. But if the diode with red/white wire input
from indicators is bad, electricity can travel backwards from glove
compartment light (live independent of ignition switch), through door
indicator, through seat belt indicator, to buzzer. Two ground switches
for buzzer box: other driver's door plunger and seat belt recepticle.
Simply click the seat belt together and depress plunger to test this
possibility.

You really need to study wiring diagram. Because most DeLo circuits
are live all the time (imfamous "switched grounds" controversy), can
appear to behave randomly. In fact there's usually a perfectly
illogical explanation.

Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 02:26:12 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: CORRECTION: Door Open Indicator w/ Lever Light -- Bad Diode

Just re-read -- minor correction: fuse #5 live whenever car energized
(main relay).

What I meant to convey is that door plungers have no effect on power
supply to the indicator. Is live independent of plungers.

Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 04:59:29 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: delorean christmas cards....oops

Looks like I screwed this one up  - if you tried to order cards thru
this link and did not get a reply from me, it's because I forgot to
turn the mail forwarder back on and I didn't get the message. Please
reply directly to me at swingle(at)dmcnews.com and re-send your
request. Real Soon Now - time is short (and so are the cards!)

Sorry - I'll give it another 3 days (i.e. Friday nite) They are
getting shipped USPS Priority mail (two-day) so there should still be
time to make your Christmas list.