From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1782
Date: Monday, December 08, 2003 3:56 AM

1. Door pull straps
From: Samuel <samuel_yahoo_at_dml_lightspeed.cx>

2. Re: DeLorean Transmission Gears
From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>

3. Re: DeLorean Transmission Gears
From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 13:57:32 -0500
From: Samuel <samuel_yahoo_at_dml_lightspeed.cx>
Subject: Door pull straps

I noticed something interesting about my car and thought I would get
some feedback on it.

My car is vin 5096. The door pullstraps moved from the handle to
attached to the arm rest around vin 5993 (from what I understand of
course, correct me if i'm wrong). Now the fun, my passenger side was in
a fender bender years ago, before I got the car, and the damage was
repaired then (still have broken glass falling out of the door though).
I have both armrests off on both sides (doign a major cleaning). The
driver side has the hole with plastic piece in the armrest for a
pullstrap but no actual strap. The passenger side looks like it was
recovered at some point and the hole, visible from the back, is covered
up. So, what are the chances my car had pullstraps although the vin is
too low? I'm starting to think mine may have sat around at a QA center
or pulled from the production line for a period of time.

Samuel

Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 13:14:20 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean Transmission Gears

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Benson" <delornut_at_dml_p...> wrote:
> I'm looking at cutaways of both the DeLorean and Lotus transmissions and
> with the exception of the ring and pinion being reversed, they look
> identical.
<SNIP>

Looking at this website, it appears as though someone has already
completed the tranny swap. And while I don't read German, and the
translation performed online wasn't the best, the results do indeed appear tp
be pretty positive over all.

http://www.freetranslation.com/web.asp

Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 22:40:44 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>