From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1809
Date: Saturday, December 27, 2003 4:53 AM

1. Re: no power
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. Re: idle revisited [Mode Switch]
From: "Adam 16683" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. Re: New, Untitled Delorean in Dallas - 126 miles - black / auto
From: "Dan RC30" <danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Re: Delolrean grout on DIY channel
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>

5. Re: Black Side Stripes
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

6. Re: idle revisited [Mode Switch]
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

7. RE: DeLorean SPOILER
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

8. Re: New coolant bottle/bleeding question
From: jordan rubin <nuttenschleuder_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Low temp on guage
From: "mcookwwi" <mark_at_dml_wizwarecomputers.com>

10. Auto gear shift lever
From: "Mick" <mick_kerfoot_at_dml_hotmail.com>

11. Re: Black Side Stripes
From: "khyron_21502" <khyron_21502_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Volvo teams up to build what women want
From: "khyron_21502" <khyron_21502_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. Re: DeLorean SPOILER
From: "Ryan" <boy1der18_at_dml_aol.com>

14. Re: Low temp on guage
From: <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

15. RE: Re: Delolrean grout on DIY channel
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>

16. DeLorean snow plows
From: Louie Golden <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 04:44:27 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: no power

Make sure the Lambda system is functioning and the frequency valve is
buzzing. If the Lambda is working check the mechanical and vacuum
advance on the distributer. Could also be worn out spark plugs or bad
ignition wires. It could be a plugged up Catalytic Converter but it
doesn't seem to be a very common problem on Deloreans.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_y...>
wrote:
> My Delorean stalls on demand but after a new C.P.R there still no
power upon acceleration, idles terrific around 900 R.P.M's.  It just
sputters and stalls when you give it gas, however, if you manually
accelerate very very slowly, not problem it's fine.  By the way, all
new seals and vacuum hoses are on correctly and pretty sure it's not a
fuel problem, went over very throughly new injectors good F.D, good

Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 05:41:10 -0000
From: "Adam 16683" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: idle revisited [Mode Switch]

What type of grease do you recommend for lubricating hte mode seal?
Is silicone grease okay?

thanks,
Adam

> If the mode switch isn't working first check that it is geting
vacuum.
> If you hear it hissing and it seems to change the noise when you
turn
> it into different positions then you probably need to at least
> lubricate it. It should turn easily and click into positions
without a
> lot of force. In Ken's latest magazine he does a whole article on
> rebuilding it. You may require a new rubber diaphram. It is a small
> round black piece of rubber with channels in it to send the vacuum
> the correct ports. It wears and dries out and cracks. If it is in
good
> shape a little grease may be all you need. Of course this is
assuming
> all the actuaters are working and all the hoses are connected. As
bad
> as vacuum leaks are the mode switch doesn't seem to have all that
much
> of an effect on the idle (it still shouldn't leak).
>

> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "D F" <funkstuf_at_dml_h...> wrote:
> > This is a very interesting letter and it makes me think about a
> problem I'm
> > having.
> > 1.)  My system seems to idle properly when cold, then about 1000
rpm
> when
> > warmed up.
> > We have spent substantial time eliminating vacumn leaks but....
> > 2.)  My heating switch does not work properly, ie) if I switch
from

Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 02:45:38 -1000
From: "Dan RC30" <danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: New, Untitled Delorean in Dallas - 126 miles - black / auto

I wish I lived closer to this place... just so I can simply walk in and
laugh my a$$ off at them... How dare they compete with DeLorean One!!! :-P

---Dan

Message: 8
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 10:32:42 -0000
From: "dmcyoseppi" <dmcyoseppi_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Just in case we have any "Big" spenders in the house, I had recently
contacted them via their website. They got back with me and
confirmed they still have the 83 Delorean, but the current price is
now $72,000. Guess I should have jumped on it last week at $65,000.
Also they tell me no pictures are available, but it is mint, funny I
hear that a lot when there are no pictures available, but for $72K
it better be.

Joe

Working moms: Find helpful tips here on managing kids, home, work   and
yourself.   http://special.msn.com/msnbc/workingmom.armx

Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 08:13:29 -0500
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>
Subject: Re: Delolrean grout on DIY channel

I've got it in my kitchen!  You can buy it at Home Depot.

-Josh

Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 14:34:04 -0000
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Black Side Stripes

It was a while back but I remember that DMC Joe did have some of the
original wide black side stripes for sale on his website.  It stated
that they were purchased from a dealer and he was charging well over
$200.  The thing is, I can't seem to get around his webpage anymore.
It looks like it's pratically shut down.  www.dmc.tv

Johnny

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_h...>

Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 15:36:53 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

Silicone grease is fine. Even Vasoline would work, it just won't last
very long.

Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 11:48:31 -0500
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: RE: DeLorean SPOILER

Here is a picture of Mark Levy's Delorean with a spoiler on the back.
http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/scrapbook/engtown/pages/mark1.htm

Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 08:54:15 -0800 (PST)
From: jordan rubin <nuttenschleuder_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: New coolant bottle/bleeding question

top most small connector pointing towards the back of
the car is the overflow hose.

slightly lower on the other side pointing towards the
front is the heater hose.

the other coolant hose is obvious.

jordan 11613

http://photos.yahoo.com/

Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 18:27:15 -0000
From: "mcookwwi" <mark_at_dml_wizwarecomputers.com>
Subject: Low temp on guage

When I first purchased my D, it ran very hot, at or above the 220
mark. I replaced all the coolant lines, flushed the system, and
installed the constant bleed system. Then it started barely hitting
the first mark (100). I figured I may have a bad thermostat, so I
just replaced it, expecting the temp to reach above 100 now.

Well, it stays right at 100 when I'm driving OR idling now. Does
anyone have any idea why this engine runs so cool? I would feel more
comfortable if it were around 180.

Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 18:35:24 -0000
From: "Mick" <mick_kerfoot_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Auto gear shift lever

Wanted an automatic gear shift lever.
Preferably for an early car.(vin 551)

mick_kerfoot_at_dml_hotmail.com

Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 20:16:16 -0000
From: "khyron_21502" <khyron_21502_at_dml_yahoo.com>

 The thing is, I can't seem to get around his webpage anymore.
> It looks like it's pratically shut down.  www.dmc.tv
>
> Johnny

Try
http://www.geocities.com/dmcjoe/home.html

Scott

Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 20:36:59 -0000
From: "khyron_21502" <khyron_21502_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Volvo teams up to build what women want

"silver, sporty coupe with gull-wing doors"

The concept car, which will make its debut at the Geneva Auto Show
in March, is a silver, sporty coupe with gull-wing doors, a 225-
horsepower engine and tons of storage space. It's easy to park and
easy to maintain.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2003-12-15-volvo-cover_x.htm

Scott

Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 23:01:07 -0000
From: "Ryan" <boy1der18_at_dml_aol.com>

Take a look at the spoiler from a 94-99 Ford Mustang.  It fits
perfectly and even clears the power ant.  You can see it on my
website:  www.deloreanautomotive.com  Let me know if you want any
other pics of it.

Ryan

Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 18:16:41 -0600
From: <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Low temp on guage

The first tick mark on the temp guage is the correct operating temperature.

Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 18:19:36 -0600
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Delolrean grout on DIY channel

Bruce Battles has this grout in his DeLorean Shrine.

He uses this room for meditation.

;>)

Scott Mueller
002981
RNDOLA

That has been around for eight to Ten years now.You can find it at
any Home Depot store.Being a Carpenter I have used it quite often,and
it goes great with white or gray Ceramic Tiles.

Claude

Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 17:55:40 -0800 (PST)
From: Louie Golden <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: DeLorean snow plows

Hey Group,

I just got in from skiing at Sugar Mountain in Banner Elk, NC. I've gone skiing at Sugar for many years now, and have always looked at their snow groomers very closely to see if one was a DeLorean snow groomer. It turns out I was looking in the wrong place all along! My brother was laughing in the ski lodge last night telling me he saw a DMC going up the slopes. I just about fell out of my chair, because he knows nothing about the DeLorean snow groomers. He jokes every time he sees anything DMC... my dog's bed has a big "DMC" sticker on it (Dallas Manufacturing Corporation... D'oh!). Anyways, I had him show me where the supposed DeLorean was, and he took me to it. It turns out Sugar Mountain owns a "DMC 1450". It's basically a utility vehicle about the size of a small truck, albeit a truck with tank-style treads. This particular model has a 2-door, 2-person cab, and a small bed. The crew at Sugar uses it to move the snow guns around, and other such small tasks. I know I've literally skiied past this vehicle hundreds of times, but never paid it any mind. Next time I go skiing at Sugar, I will take a camera and get some pictures of the thing. Anyone else who might go skiing there, Sugar has two such similar vehicles. They have an orange one with 4 round headlights, and a red one with 2 square headlights. The red one is the DMC... it's clearly marked on the front left hand side... just below the headlight.

While we're on the subject, I'd like to know more about the DeLorean snow plow venture. Where were they made, when, how many, what kind of engines did they use? I'm very curious now after seeing one in the flesh. Anyways, sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I figured someone in the DeLorean community might have some interest in this.

Louie Golden
VIN 5252
NC plates "88 MPH"

Buy and sell stocks in NFL teams! Get paid dividends every time your team wins! Free limited-time trial at http://www.AllSportsMarket.com/Index.asp?Refer=delomail