From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1819
Date: Saturday, January 03, 2004 5:10 AM

1. Re: Cat problems
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. EBC Brake pad
From: ttanaka504_at_dml_aol.com

3. John Z's birthday
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

4. RE: Re: Owners vs. The Insurance Companies
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>

5. Shifter boot bracket?
From: "at88mph" <at88mph_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 17:33:25 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Cat problems

One of the oldest and most humane methods is to just put a few
mothballs (camphor) under the car. It will keep EVERYTHING away
including cats, bugs, squirrels, mice, etc. Spread them out under the
car and keep the doors and windows closed.

Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 15:22:12 EST
From: ttanaka504_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: EBC Brake pad

Hello list,

         I just let Delorean owners know EBC brake has brake pads for
Delorean.
http://www.ebcbrakesuk.com/Assets/2004cover.jpg

Delorean                 Front pad                            Rear Pad
DMC-12 81-83         DP291    DP2291(better)      DP101    DP2101(better)

DP291  78x66x15mm
DP101  80x66x15mm

          By the way, does anyone know Rotor size or 2 piece rotor (Hat and
rotor disk)
configuration from Wilwood or Coleman? I want to know them because if I know
the size of rotor, I can make it myself.

A happy New Year

Blacknight

Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 17:16:06 -0500
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: John Z's birthday

Leaves

John Zachary DeLorean born January 6 , 1925 in Detroit, Michigan.

Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 22:35:35 +0000
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Owners vs. The Insurance Companies

When I had my '38 Buick schnoz wiped out several years ago, the tow truck
driver asked where I wanted it droped off.  I told him take it home (4
blocks away). No problem.      Drive Stainless  Robert  VIN 6924

From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Re: Owners vs. The Insurance Companies
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:01:46 -0000

As a follow up question to this subject, does anyone know why cars
are towed to the impound yard after an accident? Is this a
requirement, or simply a convenience for the parties involved?

The reason I ask is because if I were to be involved in a collision,
I would want to have first crack at recording damage to my car for
writing my own estimate, to challenge an insurance underwriter. So I
would prefer to have the car returned to my home. This is especially
important in Nevada, because if a vehicle's repair costs exceed 65%
or more of it's stated/agreed value (excluding paint,and structural
integrity), the car MUST be totalled by law, and CANNOT be re-
registered!

On the flip side, rather than having an insurance adjuster come out
to estimate costs on a car, is it possible to record damage, perform
the repairs myself (or by a licensed facility), and simply submit
reciepts to an insurance company when I file a claim with them?

I know these are questions that my insurance company *should* know
the answers to, but I wanted to get a general consensus from the
group here for a comparison.

Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 18:18:57 -0600
From: "at88mph" <at88mph_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Shifter boot bracket?

Does anyone have a pic of the shift boot bracket that holds the boot to the
console?  I'm going to need a custom boot but not sure exactly how to mount
it to the console.