From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1854
Date: Saturday, January 31, 2004 1:46 AM

1. Back from the grave??
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. DMC Pages
From: "france & Stephane" <fchenail_at_dml_sympatico.ca>

3. Custom exhaust question
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Planet Hollywood/DeLorean Replica Accuracy
From: Tom Watkins <dmctom_at_dml_earthlink.net>

5. Pigeon Forge 04
From: "now100handed" <now100handed_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. Re: DMC Pages
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

7. steering wheel play
From: "vin2450" <svw_coco_at_dml_hotmail.com>

8. Re: Back from the grave??
From: Michael Paine <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>

9. Delorean Indiglo Dash
From: "minox8x11" <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>

10. RE: steering wheel play
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>

11. News from JZD's Past
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com

12. Re: Delorean Indiglo Dash
From: dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com

13. Re: steering wheel play
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 04:24:40 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Back from the grave??

Doeas anyone on the list know of any Deloreans with a blown, seized
burned or otherwise useless engine and or 5 speed?? im looking to
put together the ultimate sleeper Delorean/ any and all help is much
appreciated. prefferably in the NY, NJ or CT area thanx!!

Bobby VIN 2696

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 23:17:27 -0500
From: "france & Stephane" <fchenail_at_dml_sympatico.ca>
Subject: DMC Pages

cap distributor and  wire help
i need some picture to put back the cap distributor and wire
thank you  from stephane
fchenail_at_dml_sympatico.ca

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 04:30:45 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Custom exhaust question

Im looking for input and opinions about the different exhaust
systems available, any volunteers??  Im not all that thrilled about
whats out there. Does anyone have anyone else they can recommend?
thanx

Bobby VIN 2696

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 07:18:43 -0500
From: Tom Watkins <dmctom_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: Planet Hollywood/DeLorean Replica Accuracy

I hope this isn't straying too far off our group focus but since it
deals with our cars and their placement all over the world I figured
this would be allowed by the moderators.    From the looks of some of
these pictures,  these DeLoreans are not original movie cars and have
been made for the restaurant.  The reason I can be so sure about this is
becasue when I lived in Los Angeles many years ago,  a dear friend of
mine was a professional aquirer of many famous original props from T.V
and film.    He worked with a special effect house in the San Fernando
Valley and made some deals with them to make knock-offs of each of his
props so that they could all make some $$ selling them.  These 1:1
re-casts where professionally made and looked pretty good so they had no
trouble selling them to Planet Hollywood.  One ship in particular was
one the original hero model of the Jupiter 2 from "Lost In Space".

I have many pictures of these props at my website.   I was there and
took some of my photos during the restoration process of the Jupiter 2
model, so don't believe everything you see at Planet Hollywood.   The
DeLoreans they have are probably a combination of busted up parts they
have been able to buy and slap together to look semi-authentic.   I have
always had an issue with the fact that Planet Hollywood tries to pass
these off as the "real" thing when in fact many are not.   It's all
perception  and illusion.   I'm sure they do have some original stuff
but on the whole I believe most are re-creations.  Getting the "real"
item would be very expensive to have hanging around upside down!!!!!

http://www.geocities.com/outatime81/Props01.html    click on "Travel On"
to see more after this page.

Tom

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:19:22 -0000
From: "now100handed" <now100handed_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Pigeon Forge 04

Some of my friends and I wanted to go to Pigeon Forge this year(all
being big D fans, but all non-owners....).I was wondering if the show
held on Saturday this year will be open to the public?  The website
isn't really clear...do i need to just register like im not entering
a car...?

Duane Arnett
KY

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:25:15 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: DMC Pages

It's actually written on the cap which wire is which. The right bank are
1,2,3 with 1 nearest the coil and 4,5 and 6 on the opposite side with 4
nearest the ballast resistors

Martin

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:01:07 -0000
From: "vin2450" <svw_coco_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: steering wheel play

Hello everyone,

I need some advice on a problem I'm having with the steering wheel in
my car.  The problem I noticed is that the steering wheel has about
1inch of play in any direction.  I have heard of a steering wheel
bushing but I'm not sure if this will correct this problem or where
it goes.  I tried looking under the dash to see if I could find
anything loose, but could not see anything obvious.  Any help on this
issue would be great along with part number(s) for the Delorean
venders, so I can get this issue fixed before the car goes back on
the road in the spring.

Thanks in advance,

Stephane
vin 2450
Ottawa Canada

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:51:46 -0500
From: Michael Paine <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>
Subject: Re: Back from the grave??

I am in the process of a tranny rebuild... I plan on selling after I am done.

Regards,

Michael

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:27:03 -0000
From: "minox8x11" <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>
Subject: Delorean Indiglo Dash

Where the heck did this entire project disappear to?!?

The website is down, the files removed from the files section, no
messages come back after a search except for Shannon's and gullwing
mag's, no google results, the phone number I had is not answered...
what happened?? I was all set to buy a set too :-(

Michael

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:44:37 -0500
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>
Subject: RE: steering wheel play

The steering wheel bushing only comes into play where the column passes
through the firewall. The entire column would rattle up/down and left/right
if the bushing was bad.

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:53:39 -0000
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com
Subject: News from JZD's Past

List - I just noticed a brief announcement in an automotive news website that John DeLorean's first wife, Elizabeth DeLorean, died on
January 10th at the ripe old age of 81.  She was living in Boynton Beach, Florida at the time of her passing.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:15:19 -0700
From: dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com
Subject: Re: Delorean Indiglo Dash

I actually emailed them last week because i am in AZ right now and i wanted to come and see them but no reply to my email, maybe ill call.

Mark

Come see all the pictures in my Photo Website
http://photos.yahoo.com/snextime

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 23:45:59 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

There is an easy way to figure out what is loose. Jack up the front of
the car to get the 2 front wheels off the ground. Use jackstands so
you can get under the car safely. Now have a friend turn the wheel
back and forth as you look underneath to see where one part moves and
another doesn't. The 2 main places to look is the steering rack itself
and the 2 tie rod ends at each wheel. You can also inspect the
universal joint on the steering column. You can also have the friend
hold the wheel still and you can shake each wheel side to side. There
shoud not be much looseness at all. It is also possible that the rack
itself (or even the frame!) is loose. The car should not be driven
like this. You should inspect the bushings on the upper and lower
control arms and the sway bar too.