From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1855
Date: Saturday, January 31, 2004 7:40 PM

1. Door Reinforcement
From: "anaheim_21" <anaheim_21_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: DMC Pages
From: jordan rubin <nuttenschleuder_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Delorean Indiglo Dash
From: "gullwingmagazine" <gullwingmagazine_at_dml_juno.com>

4. Re: Pigeon Forge 04
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

5. Re: steering wheel play
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

6. Re: News from JZD's Past
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 13:22:43 -0000
From: "anaheim_21" <anaheim_21_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Door Reinforcement

Hi All:

I noticed that my door reinforcment (the epoxied metal piece that the
torsion bars are anchored to) has a bit of rust.  I never noticed it
before and was hoping to hear the best way to remedy the situation.

I do not want to mess with the T Bars if I don't have to.

--Greg

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 08:19:27 -0800 (PST)
From: jordan rubin <nuttenschleuder_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: DMC Pages

Heres a person that doesnt check my page.... BTW its
in just about every manual on this engine.

http://retroserver.no-ip.com/delorean/pics/distrodiagram.jpg

Jordan 11613

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 17:01:08 -0000
From: "gullwingmagazine" <gullwingmagazine_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: Re: Delorean Indiglo Dash

You should be able to reach Ryan Gould at rgould(at)
deloreanautomotive.com.  His web site address is
www.deloreanautomotive.com.

We just receive an Indiglow dash kit from Ryan that will be installed
in our "Yellow Project D" and covered in Gullwing Magazine.  Although
the entire install might not make the current issue coming out, we
should a have a partial peek of the product and installation with a
follow up in our next issue.

As for the quality of the product that I see sitting in front of
me... first class.  Now if it just goes in as good as it looks we'll
all be pleased.  Keep an eye out in the next two issues for details.

Also, for the owners that have always wanted to see something written
up on custom wheels used on DeLoreans, dont miss this next issue.

Ron
Gullwing Magazine

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 09:12:19 -0500
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Pigeon Forge 04

There is no charge for the actual car show and it is open to all regadless if you own a D or not
If you want to attend one of the dinners then you need to register.  The show, tech seminars and the parts sales is open and free to anyone

Hope this answers your question

Ken
DeLorean Car Show Inc
DeLoreancarshow.com
DeLorean Car Show Magazine

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:02:32 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: steering wheel play

In my experience any steering wheel play from the universal joint
may require the car to be on the ground to really see it. This is
best done by taking the inspection cover off in the spare tire well.
Be sure to watch closely because often the universal joint becomes
loose on the shaft at one end or both because the squeeze bolt
loosens. Retightening may be temporary without replacing the
prevailing-torque-nut.

> There is an easy way to figure out what is loose. Jack up the
front of
> the car to get the 2 front wheels off the ground. Use jackstands so
> you can get under the car safely. Now have a friend turn the wheel
> back and forth as you look underneath to see where one part moves
and
> another doesn't. The 2 main places to look is the steering rack
itself
> and the 2 tie rod ends at each wheel. You can also inspect the
> universal joint on the steering column. You can also have the
friend
> hold the wheel still and you can shake each wheel side to side.
There
> shoud not be much looseness at all. It is also possible that the
rack
> itself (or even the frame!) is loose. The car should not be driven
> like this. You should inspect the bushings on the upper and lower
> control arms and the sway bar too.

[long quote trimmed by moderator]

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 11:01:38 -0600
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: News from JZD's Past

Here's a link if anyone wants to read the Detroit News article.

http://www.detnews.com/2004/obituaries/0401/19/c02-36355.htm