From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1856
Date: Sunday, February 01, 2004 10:58 PM

1. RE: Pigeon Forge 04
From: "Gary Hull" <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

2. Re: Delorean Indiglo Dash LINK
From: "Charlie" <charlie_az_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. lost power
From: "mydmc5898" <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Any DeLorean owners in the Louisville, KY area?
From: "composerphacia" <ComposerZelgadis_at_dml_aol.com>

5. Re: lost power
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

6. Re: lost power
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

7. RE: lost power
From: "Michael C. Babb" <michael_at_dml_babbtechnology.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 14:24:11 -0800
From: "Gary Hull" <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>
Subject: RE: Pigeon Forge 04

Duane and list,

The following text has been added to the DeLorean Car Show Site and Store.

"The Car Display areas and Vendor Exhibits are open to the public for
viewing. Registration is required to Display a DeLorean or to attend the
other Events."

The direct registration link is:
http://Registration.DeLoreanCarShow.com

I hope this helps.

Gary
IN2TIME

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 23:50:51 -0000
From: "Charlie" <charlie_az_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Delorean Indiglo Dash LINK

  Where the heck did this entire project disappear to?!?

 Michael

Try this new link to D.A.R.T. located here in arizona.
www.deloreanautomotive.com   And Ryan would be glad to help..:)

CG
AZ-D

Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 04:01:57 -0000
From: "mydmc5898" <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: lost power

Ok I was driving home after a successful day of driving my D, anyway
I stoped with a friend to go get coffee, and as we pulled back out
onto the highway the car just shut off, all the electricaly stuff,
radio, lights, etc... stayed on but I couldn't get the car to start.
I went back to see if anythinf was leaking, fell off, what have you
but everything seemed fine no smell, nothing. So I tired maybe six
times, on the seventh the car beagan to shake and the last and 8th
time it started fine, it would shake a few times when we slowed down
but never died at all. What could have caused this?

Thanks
Darryl

Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 11:51:00 -0000
From: "composerphacia" <ComposerZelgadis_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Any DeLorean owners in the Louisville, KY area?

Greetings.  First off, I would like to say that I am new to the
DeLorean Mailing List.  I am considering the purchase of a 1981
black int. / 5-spd D from a Corey Stup, who lives in Louisville,
Kentucky.  My residence is in Marco Island, Florida.  I am 18 years
old, and I have no real means to inspect the car first-hand.
Because of this, I was wondering if there are any knowledgable
DeLorean owners or mechanics who could go and give this car a full
inspection for me?  I wish for no stone to be left unturned.  Stup
claims that the car has 33K miles, serviced by DMC-Houston, had the
fuel-system reworked in '00, and that the car ''runs nicely.''  The
exterior looks like it's in cherry-mint condition, but from what I
understand, the interior needs a bit of work.  Which is fine.  My
main concerns are in mechanical condition and reliability, and frame
rust.  Cosmetics can be dealt with later, no?

If there are any interested parties, let me know ASAP, and we'll
work something out.  ;)

Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 14:16:51 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: lost power

In a message dated 2/1/04 11:36:25 AM Central Standard Time,
mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:
Ok I was driving home after a successful day of driving my D, anyway
I stoped with a friend to go get coffee, and as we pulled back out
onto the highway the car just shut off, all the electricaly stuff,
radio, lights, etc... stayed on but I couldn't get the car to start.
I went back to see if anythinf was leaking, fell off, what have you
but everything seemed fine no smell, nothing. So I tired maybe six
times, on the seventh the car beagan to shake and the last and 8th
time it started fine, it would shake a few times when we slowed down
but never died at all. What could have caused this?

Thanks
Darryl
5898

At one point in my ownership, my car would sometimes just shut off all by
itself.  turned out to be a combination between a couple loose fuses and relays
and the wiring to the ignition resistors was poor.

your case actually sounds more like a fuel problem, and we have heard this
story so many times before.  try filling your gas tank up and i bet the problem
will go away.  what happens is over time the pickup hose in the tank gets
cracked or starts to collapse and once the gas goes down below the crack, you
start sucking air, which will make the car 1: not start, if at all, and 2: if it
does start, will run 'shakey'.

you need to open the fuel pump access cover and replace everything in the
tank if you have not done so.  i bet your pickup hose is either deteriorated or
really soft and collapsing.

Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 19:56:05 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

How much fuel did you have in the fuel tank at the time? If it was
below 1/2 tank maybe you have a problem inside. I would remove the
fuel pump and inspect the fuel pick-up hose. It should not be soft
(easy to collapse under vacuum) and it shouldn't have any kinks or
holes. The baffles should be attached correctly and not moving around
inside. The symptoms you describe could have been caused by fuel
starvation. When you accelerated onto the highway all the fuel moved
away from the pick-up. After sitting still it started. If you actually
ran out of fuel (or just ran very low) your fuel gauge may not be
reading right. You may have to replace the fuel tank sending unit
which is on the top of the tank near the pump. The origional is
failure-prone and inaccurate.

[duplicate quote removed by moderator]

Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 14:28:52 -0500
From: "Michael C. Babb" <michael_at_dml_babbtechnology.com>

Had something similar going on with my D for a while.  When I would hit
a bump (over railroad tracks, etc.) the car would start seriously
cutting out.  After much tracking down I found some corroded wires in
the plug for the . . . O2 sensor, I believe . . .back left portion of
the engine compartment (right behind the rear window on the drivers
side). New plug, spliced sires, and never had the problem again.

Michael

[duplicate quote removed by moderator]