From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1863
Date: Sunday, February 08, 2004 9:52 AM

1. everything turns on but the motor.
From: "mydmc5898" <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Shock Kit
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

3. Re: everything turns on but the motor.
From: "mydmc5898" <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Radiator guard grill: Inside or outside of fascia?
From: "at88mph" <at88mph_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

5. RE: everything turns on but the motor.
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

6. Re: Shock Kit
From: "Tom" <tomcio_at_dml_gtemail.net>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 06:46:00 -0000
From: "mydmc5898" <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: everything turns on but the motor.

I had a new battery put in my car, the orininal was going bad. Well
anyway when it came back fom the shop, my mechanic said everything
seemed to check out. He didn't look at the fuel tank beacuse I had a
full tank. Well anyway I drove it all day when I got it back. I
maybe had it out for 45min altogether. Anyway I got home and
couldn't put it in the driveway, my moms boyfriend came over so I
had to leav it across the street. Well about 30-35 min one of my
friends called and wanted to go hangout so I went into the car
turned the key, the cd player, lights, dash, center consaol all came
on, everything but the motor. just like in my lost power post when
it died on the road while in motion. I tunred the key and only the
elctronics came on. If I turned it to start everything shuts off but
as you pull back everything comes back on. I hear a clicking nosie
come form the fuse area. And I hear a sound from the engin, it
sounds like it would right before it fires up, but it won't even
crank!

Could it be fuel, it ran beautiful all day, nothing gave me any
signs to worrie, aside from almost a bad start earlier on. But it
took less then a second to go.

Thanks, again,
Darryl

Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 16:22:18 -0000
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: Shock Kit

Group,
I have added a new shock kit with a rear platform that will allow
you to use any rear shock up to 1 7/8" in diameter. These shocks are
balanced for a smoother ride and I won't even say how much better
over the original. This is not a lowering kit.
John Hervey
   http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/frame-body.html

Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 17:27:15 -0000
From: "mydmc5898" <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: everything turns on but the motor.

Never mind I got it solved, to embarrassed to say what happen, my
fault. But I got it going, sorry.

Darryl

Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 13:04:10 -0600
From: "at88mph" <at88mph_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Radiator guard grill: Inside or outside of fascia?

I'm putting my front end back together and was about to install my radiator
guard grill (p/n 101628) but I can't remember how it attaches to the front
fascia.  Do the top mounting holes on the guard (that attach to the top of
the fascia) go on top of the fascia (ie inside & hidden) or on the outside
where the mounting holes are visible?

Thanks in advance,

Duke

Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 16:44:20 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Darryl, It sounds like the starter not fuel.If all the wiring going to the
starter looks ok, and they are not covered with rust. I would un hook the
battery and clean the connections and if that doesn't solve it then the
solenoid on the starter is most likely bad. Best to replace the complete
unit.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 01:10:07 +0100
From: "Tom" <tomcio_at_dml_gtemail.net>
Subject: Re: Shock Kit

Hello all

I have a suspension kit that I've selling on eBay for some time. It is
actually much nicer (sorry John, but it is) because the rear towers are made
out of 304 stainless steel plus all the shocks are premium KYB - Made in
Japan. I have a set like that on my own DeLorean and the difference after
installing it was just amazing. You have to feel it to believe it.
And here's the link to the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2457574853

Take care
Tom Niemczewski