From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1875
Date: Monday, February 16, 2004 10:14 AM

1. Passenger front fender alignment?
From: "at88mph" <at88mph_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

2. Re: Michelin Pilot Tire Pressures
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

3. Re: "Frame Extension" Specifications
From: "TalksToGod" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

4. Dutch DMC
From: "marc" <dafje33_at_dml_hotmail.com>

5. Repairable on eBay-- any more info?
From: "Toscano" <toscano2_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>

6. Re: DeLorean Motor Company
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com

7. Re: Repairable on eBay-- any more info?
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

8. Re: Dutch DMC
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

9. Forget Cats, The Big Threat To Car Covers Is Squirrels
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

10. Re: Auto appraisers in northern NJ?
From: "malevy_nj" <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Re: Repairable on eBay-- any more info?
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

12. Re: Re: Michelin Pilot Tire Pressures
From: kayoong_at_dml_aol.com

13. SNAP!
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

14. Poll results for dmcnews
From: dmcnews

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:48:00 -0600
From: "at88mph" <at88mph_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Passenger front fender alignment?

I was wondering how you go about aligning the front fenders.  I recently
replaced my front fascia and my passenger side front fender was a little
mis-aligned to begin with.  (the black strip didn't quite match up with the
door)  I've heard that you adjust the panels, not the doors and the problem
is where the fender meets the door.  Its a little higher than it should be
and has actually pulled up the ground effect a little.  Could someone tell
me what I need to do to get the front fender to move down about 1/2 inch to
be even with the door?

Thanks in advance,

Duke

Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 04:31:06 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Michelin Pilot Tire Pressures

I am glad you could respond to this thread, you are one of the higher
mileage users. Your insights into the different tires is from direct
experience. The main point of this thread though is tire pressures. So
what pressures do you use and how are the tires wearing for you? How
many miles do you have on them now?

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, kayoong_at_dml_a... wrote:
> I would like to share my findings with "all seasons" tires with the
> DeLoreans.
>
> The Michelin Pilot tires are the best tires for DeLorean that is
currently on
> the market.   IMO, they are the only way to go, for as they are the
best and
> finest tires for DeLoreans that I have used.   I do believe Michelin
company
> did their homework and they have did their research before they
released the
> Pilots as "dedicated" tires for the DeLoreans motorcars several
years ago.
> They knew about the fading market of tires for the DeLorean
motorcars and they
> took the quest to meet the "demands."   Kudos to them.

[Moderator snip]

Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 05:55:11 -0000
From: "TalksToGod" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Re: "Frame Extension" Specifications

I am thinking more and more about just replacing the front extension
instead of repair, I would rather a brand new one then a rusted fixed
one-here are some further questions: What gauge steel was used for the
original extensions?-I am looking at the extensions provided by
pjgrady.com, is this the same gauge as original steel? Lastly, does
anyone know the measurment from tip to tip on the extension, this
dimension is not shown in the manual and this will help me determine
how badly my extension is bent in. Thanks guys

Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:02:45 -0000
From: "marc" <dafje33_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Dutch DMC

Hi everybody,

Are there people of the netherlands in this group?
I am curious, if somebody is of the netherlands in this group please
let me know..

Greetings

Marc

Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 08:17:50 -0500
From: "Toscano" <toscano2_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Repairable on eBay-- any more info?

Forgive me if this has been addressed already this week, I have been away and have about 800 emails to read and catch up on. Seeing as how time is running out to bid, I figured I should send out a quick message to the List.
Anyone know any more details about this car? Anyone seen it? Past ownership, etc.
I am in the market for something repairable like this but need more details (I have emailed the seller but have not received a reply yet):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=36475&item=2459431244&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT

Any assistance is appreciated, thanks!

D Toscano
(former owner VIN 04337...future owner of ?????)

Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 01:45:37 EST
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: DeLorean Motor Company

*****  Moderator's note  *****
This discussion is veering into speculation.  Unless someone has some
concrete evidence, consider the thread closed.

Mike G  Moderator of the week
*****

In a message dated 2/14/2004 6:46:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com writes:

> I know they are not the same company, they just bought the rights to
> use the name, two totally separate companies.

No, actually they picked up the name for free because nobody was using it.
When they split off from DeLorean One. They bought the parts later.  But you
are quite correct that they are two separate companies.
ayne

Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:56:33 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Repairable on eBay-- any more info?

Looks like it might need $15,000 just to get it back on the road, with
all that water damage i assume the wireing harness is junk. It says the
fiberglass underbody is good but doesnt mention the metal frame, i
assume it has a good amount of rust.

Looks like a parts car. It would be easy to make alot more than $3500
just to part out this car, buy it and part it out!

Mark

On Sunday, February 15, 2004, at 07:17 AM, Toscano wrote:

> Forgive me if this has been addressed already this week, I have been
> away and have about 800 emails to read and catch up on. Seeing as how
> time is running out to bid, I figured I should send out a quick
> message to the List.
> Anyone know any more details about this car? Anyone seen it? Past
> ownership, etc.
> I am in the market for something repairable like this but need more
> details (I have emailed the seller but have not received a reply yet):
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/
> eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=36475&item=2459431244&sspagename=S
> TRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT
>
> Any assistance is appreciated, thanks!
>
> D Toscano
> (former owner VIN 04337...future owner of ?????)

Come see all of my Photo's at my Website.
http://photos.yahoo.com/snextime

Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:50:49 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Dutch DMC

http://www.delorean.nl/

Best Wishes

Martin

Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:52:49 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Forget Cats, The Big Threat To Car Covers Is Squirrels

For those of use who live under car covers:

In the past few days I've lost two car covers. I thought a cat was
getting on them and tearing them with its claws. Imagine my horror
this morning when I saw a squirrel tear a piece off and run away with
it in its mouth, I guess to build a nest.
Any ideas to repel squirrels?

If it helps, they seem to prefer the cheap models over my more
expensive ones.

Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 21:30:23 -0000
From: "malevy_nj" <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Auto appraisers in northern NJ?

Found the site!

http://www.monogramclaims.com/

Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:37:27 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

I'd say 15,000 is too low - way too low. It will take 1,000 to
1,500, or more, to part it out. It's scrap.

Harold McElraft - 3354

Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:26:25 EST
From: kayoong_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Michelin Pilot Tire Pressures

Hi David:

For tire pressures -- Front 24 PSI,   Rear 31 PSI.

I found these are the best all around air pressure for my car and my driving
habits.   The tires are all wearing very well with no premature or excessive
thread wear on the outer or the inner edges or the center of the tires.   Luv
them.....

I have over 9,000 miles on them.   Hey David, you were in my car riding on
the Michelins this summer when I was at your office this summer.   BTW... Again,
thanks for your help on the dashpot!

Kayo
Lic 9D NY

Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:03:40 -0000
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: SNAP!

I went out tonight to buy some #408 vinyl dye. On my way home, as I
was decelerating to pull into a grocery store, I snapped a TAB.

At 35/40 MPH.

The car swayed so violently that I have strained a muscle in my back.
The good news is, I didn't hit anyone or anything. Beyond the bolt, I
don't see any damage.

The car is resting in the parking lot. What a shame. I had replaced
one, but the one that snapped appeared to be rusted in place. I
intended to replace it this very week in Florida.

Here are my questions:

1. I presume I lost all my shims. How the hell do I ever figure out
how many there were and where they go?
2. It's colder than **** here. I can't do it on the ground. This
should be simple for a garage to replace right?

Any advice is appreciated.

Rich A.

Date: 16 Feb 2004 03:00:09 -0000
From: dmcnews
Subject: Poll results for dmcnews

The following dmcnews poll is now closed.  Here are the
final results:

POLL QUESTION: do you think it would be good if
delorean were to start producing cars
again in dunmurry . please vote

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- yes, 10 votes, 47.62%