From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1877
Date: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 10:27 AM

1. Re: D that has been sitting for too many years...
From: Delorean17_at_dml_aol.com

2. Car Covers- Hint
From: "Greg Linstad" <gregl_at_dml_olymed.com>

3. Re: Car Covers- Hint
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>

4. Re: Electrical Question - Hazard Light Switch + Lighter
From: Gus Schlachter <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com>

5. Re: D that has been sitting for years...
From: Gus Schlachter <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com>

6. Re: Car Covers- Hint
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

7. Re: D that has been sitting for years...
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

8. Re: Another new guy
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

9. RE: Electrical Question - Hazard Light Switch + Lighter
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

10. RE: Car Covers- Hint
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>

11. Inaccurate RADAR readings?
From: Tony Pistachio <TheStash_at_dml_optonline.net>

12. BTTF game NES?
From: "Nun Yah" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. Re: Car Covers- Hint
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

14. Re: Inaccurate RADAR readings?
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

15. RE: BTTF game NES?
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

16. ALTERNATOR
From: John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_yahoo.com>

17. RE: Electrical Question - Hazard Light Switch + Lighter
From: "Mike" <mquinto_at_dml_attbi.com>

18. Re: Inaccurate RADAR readings?
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

19. RE: Inaccurate RADAR readings?
From: "Ed Garbade" <edgarbade_at_dml_hotmail.com>

20. RE: Inaccurate RADAR readings?
From: "Jack Singer" <jsinger_at_dml_i-c.net>

21. Re: Inaccurate RADAR readings?
From: William T Wilson <fluffy_at_dml_snurgle.org>

22. Re: Inaccurate RADAR readings?
From: "f14dflyer" <f14dflyer_at_dml_comcast.net>

23. Re: Inaccurate RADAR readings?
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

24. Re: Ground Moisture
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

25. RE: Re: D that has been sitting for years...
From: "D F" <funkstuf_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:21:40 -0500
From: Delorean17_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: D that has been sitting for too many years...

I say go for it.  The DMC I purchased was lightly smashed in 1983 with 16,200 miles on it and sat in a garage untouched until 2001.  I replaced the whole fuel system just to be safe, new tires, shocks,a few body panels, complete engine tune up, updates and a ton of cleaning up.  It is the most reliable car in our household.

Don't worry about working on the car.  I was only 16 when I purchased the car and have done 100% of the work on it.  I don't care what anyone says, a DMC is a very easy car to work on.  good luck.  I hope it works out for you

Peace, Dave

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:37:02 -0800
From: "Greg Linstad" <gregl_at_dml_olymed.com>
Subject: Car Covers- Hint

Bill Robertson's post about the car cover and squirrels got me to thinking about how many times car covers come up on this list. A helpful tip on the use of car covers is to put a sheet of plastic on the ground under the car (or drive/push the car on to it) first to stop the moisture of natural evaporation from getting trapped inside the car cover. This happened to me years ago in my covered carport with a gravel floor. I put the car cover over my DeLorean mainly to keep my cat off the stainless, but after removing it a few weeks later I discovered lots of trapped moisture and some white spot 'corrosion' on the aluminum engine. I immediately moved the car and put down several layers of 6 mil poly sheeting and then another layer of gravel. No more moisture. If you have ever left anything on the ground for any length of time and then turned it over and see how wet it is you know what I mean. Of course this may not be as important in very dry areas, but there must still be some moisture in the ground.
Wait a minute.. this sounds like a plug for a Carcoon...it's not, but one would have solved my problem.

Greg Linstad
pndc.org
VIN# 3507 'RUSTLSS'   120,000+ miles
VIN# 6214 'RUSTLS2'      10,000  miles

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 13:27:45 -0500
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>
Subject: Re: Car Covers- Hint

Greg wrote:

> [SNIP] A helpful tip on the use of car covers is to
> put a sheet of plastic on the ground under the car
> (or drive/push the car on to it) first to stop the moisture
> of natural evaporation from getting trapped inside the
> car cover.

Last winter I put such a sheet under my DeLorean while it was garaged.  One day we had a thaw, and snow melting in my driveway trickled into my garage.  That sheet prevented the puddle from going down the drain properly.  The next day the freezing weather came back.  For the next month or two, my DeLorean's tires were trapped in about four inches of ice.

Imagine John DeLorean meets Ernest Shackleton.  No damage was done, but seeing my DeLorean up to its wheel hubs in ice was a bit disturbing.

A Carcoon might have prevented this, since no water or ice would have gotten inside.

- Mike Substelny

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 13:27:03 -0600
From: Gus Schlachter <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Electrical Question - Hazard Light Switch + Lighter

Where did you find the tiny LEDs for the dash?  Did you need to custom-fit them?

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
VIN #4695

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 13:35:15 -0600
From: Gus Schlachter <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: D that has been sitting for years...

Garrett,

You are in much the same situation I found myself in 5 years ago when I bought my DMC.
It had issues, and I thought I could work on it and still drive it.

Within a week or two, I looked around the garage at all the DMC pieces skattered about,
and decided I was well on my way to a multi-year restoration.  Since I wanted it to
drive, and Houston is close by, I opted to let DMCH do the bulk of the work.  They did
in a week what would have taken me months of weekends.  I am somewhat mechanically
inclined but back then knew nothing about this particular car, and my tool collection
was weak.   (The best way to make a 1 hour job take 8 hours is to use the wrong tools!)

I feel it was a good choice, since they found things I never even would have thought to
look for.  I drive my DMC with confidence.

BUT I would be hesitant to try to start that car!  The owner did a Good Thing when he
drained the fluids and removed the battery, but that doesn't mean there isn't rot in the
fuel system.  I would at least want to inspect the fuel tank/pump before proceeding.

There is some work you can do yourself, like the headliners.  The car will still drive
no matter how badly you mess that up.  :-)  The radiator, OTOH, is a pain to R&R.

I do enough work on my car to keep it good running order, but I take it to Houston about
once a year to do the heavy work: rear wheel bearings, lower control arms, etc.

Good luck!

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
VIN #4695

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:01:25 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

Ground moisture isn't a problem on cement or asphalt. It IS a problem
on natural surfaces, even without a car cover.

High dollar car covers are "breathable", which is a double edged sword
-- they do let water evaporate from underneath, but also let a micro
fine layer of dust through from above. Car can not be simply uncovered
and driven without rinsing off with a hose first.

Even breathable car covers are bad news at the beach -- atmospheric
salt doesn't evaporate. Car will rust from ABOVE faster than below.

Beach salt is also indsidious because it gets into places road salt
never will. I've seen coastal cars in worse condition than Northern
cars. Interior electricals are especially vulnerable -- copper wiring
will simply crumble into dust like an old mummy.

I need car covers for protection from pine trees and SUNLIGHT (#1
enemy of anything plastic).

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:05:02 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

I'm on the process of a similar restoration project (last driven
1985, last run 1992, 15K miles etc) the main difference being that
they did NOT drain the systems. I plan to do some more complete
documentation on this project later (at this point it keeps me pretty
busy) but I'll bet you run into a lot of the same issues.

Since your guy drained the tank that may be OK (did he drain it DRY
or just with a hose?), but unless he actually blew the lines and fuel
system dry, you are still likely to have a frozen fuel pump,
distributor and injectors. A good quick check is to unhook a fuel
line in the engine compartment. If you smell paint thinner rather
than gasoline, that's the smell of gas gone Very Bad.

On this car, I've replaced the entire fuel system including the gas
tank, only  thing salvaged is 3 injectors. It sounds like you will
avoid many of the hydraulic issues I had (everything - brakes,
clutch etc) but some of it will be there. I also had the throwout
bearing frozen to the transmission.

It was pretty wierd getting into this car and having all 3 pedals be
stuck. The car was stored indoors since 1984, but it was obviously
not in a completly dry environment.

The other thing to ask is about the cooling system. If he only drained
it by disconnecting the radiator, this left the engine block and most
of the lines half-full of coolant. This is almost worse than empty as
the coolant gets corrosive in air.

The only thing that made this project even feasible is that the owner
bought a complete second car that had been rolled in a serious
accident. The donor car was "fresh" i.e. everything mechanical on it
was in good shape and running not very long ago, but all the
stainless was bent,the fiberglass tub was un-salvegeable (broken in
many places), and the frame was broken and twisted.  We're still
probably spending close to $2000 in parts over and above the parts
car. Don't ask about the labor (me) yet.......

Dave S

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Garrett Rudkin" <agentprelude_at_dml_y...>

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:34:04 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Another new guy

Buy the three manuals that are sold by the delorean vendors, you will
see how the parts are attached.

Try.... PJ Grady.com delorean.com specialtauto.com
deloreanmotorcenter.com

All of these vendors can supply you with the necessary manuals for your
car. If you plan on keeping your delorean for a while these manuals
will be as good as gold.

Mark

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:12:03 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Gus, It's not the LED's it's the sockets and soldering the led into it that
makes a lot of labor. If your good with a soldering iron, you can take a
bulb out of the socket and replace it with a led.

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:14:53 -0600
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>

Sounds like you were  "frozen in time", Mike.

Scott Mueller
002981
RNDOLA
DOC-UK 357 Magnum
DOA

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:09:15 -0500
From: Tony Pistachio <TheStash_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Inaccurate RADAR readings?

Can the stainless steel and/or shape of the DeLorean give inaccurate RADAR readings?
Last night I was pulled over and the police officer said I was traveling at 60mph but I KNOW I was somewhere around 45. Funny thing is there was a car driving right next to me at the same speed.
Thanks for any input on this.
Tony
#10781 STSSTEEL
Wappingers Falls, NY

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 01:56:25 -0000
From: "Nun Yah" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: BTTF game NES?

 I was in a local pawn shop and came across the BTTF game for three
bucks so I bought it and got home and was staring at it and was
wondering did a part 2 and 3 ever come out?(I wasn't born until '86)
The funny thing is that I don't even have my regular Nintendo anymore
so the game just sets on top of my tv with my other angels ( DeLorean
models).

Josh

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 00:13:24 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

I think the original question was how to keep the squerals (spelling?)
from eating the cover. I have seen old-timers use mothballs (camphor)
under the car to keep the little critters away. They hate the fumes so
they will avoid the area. Even on a concrete floor plastic sheeting
will keep moisture down. Just put a piece of plastic on the concrete.
A 4 foot by 4 foot piece will do. If you collect ANY moisture on the
underside then you have a problem. You can paint the floor, jack the
car up into "Hover Mode" as I call it, or use plastic under the car or
you can do all of this or any combination. It really depends on the
environmental conditions like temperature, ground water table,
humidity, the local rodent population, etc. Talk to the local
collector car owners in your area. The old-timers will tell you what
works in your area and what doesn't. A Carcoon or other similar
products are very nice but pricey and aren't always necessary and even
they don't last forever.

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:19:31 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Inaccurate RADAR readings?

In a message dated 2/17/04 8:11:39 PM Central Standard Time,
TheStash_at_dml_optonline.net writes:
Can the stainless steel and/or shape of the DeLorean give inaccurate RADAR
readings?
Last night I was pulled over and the police officer said I was traveling at
60mph but I KNOW I was somewhere around 45. Funny thing is there was a car
driving right next to me at the same speed.
Thanks for any input on this.
Tony
#10781 STSSTEEL
Wappingers Falls, NY

I would assume that the very nature of radar would make a DeLorean no
different from any other car.

it's most likely that the bored cop wanted to have something to talk about at
the next coffee break.  otherwise, your problem could be:

1. wrong size left front wheel
2. miscalibrated speedometer
3. a totally different speedo system than stock and it doesn't work well!

the calibration is easily checked if you can find a construction zone where
they always have those 'know your speed' digital signs up. they 'gun' you and
it displays your speed, with the intent of getting you to slow down.  i found
that my speedometer was about 3 mph faster than my 'gunned' speed at about 70
mph (speedo displayed 70, sign showed 67).

Cop Ego is probably the #1 problem, however.

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:45:34 -0600
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: BTTF game NES?

2&3 came to out later together as one game.
I have it, but I have never played it.
It just sits here on display.
- VB

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 19:49:17 -0800 (PST)
From: John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: ALTERNATOR

I was wrong alt. drops to between 10-12 with A/C on and radio shuts on on off, not 8 on the meter.  The idle is set around 900 RPM and the regulator is orginal.  I believe but it is not one of yours John(SPECIALT).  The belt does not seems loose but it is the wrong belt it fits way down in the pulley but hasn't really been giving me any real problems lately besides this ONE.

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 03:54:06 -0000
From: "Mike" <mquinto_at_dml_attbi.com>

Hi Stian,
You are having the same problem I had. I thought that light came on
when I used my hazard switch. It doesn't.
I thought it was a short, or the bulb was in the wrong orientation.
I gave up. Then I drove my car at night and turned the headlights on.
Booyaa! It was on!
If your using Green behind the hazard light remove that little blue
filter. I'm using a white LED with that Blue filter.
>From what I remember that bulb didn't install the same as the
headlight bulb. The orientation was different.
Also, I never got a reply from LEDtronics.
Good Luck
Mike
Vin#1113

http://home.comcast.net/~mquinto/led.html

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:07:53 EST
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

HI
I think I can answer this one for you
I worked for Cincinnati Microwave for 6 years and developed parts of the Solo
radar detector and worked on the first laser detector.

First of all was the detection device laser or radar (big difference here)

Radar will pick up the fastest object in its field. It works off the Doppler
effect and there are many conditions where you get a false signal.  We clocked
a turtle going 18 miles an hour once.

Cincinnati Microwave was located at the entrance to I 71.  We set up a radar
device on the main road in front and got many people speeding.  Problem was
the speeds were incorrect. Including the local sheriff going 45 in a 25.

An officer well trained will make few errors as he can sort out the
inaccuracies.

Radar is innacurate and there are documents stating that it is wrong over 40%
of the time.
Mainly due to other not related motion. Its a judgement call by the officer
if he thinks your speed is what the radar gun got.

It was funny once at the tennis tournament a bird flew into the stadium at
the time of the serve.  Since the gun measures a split second and has a minimum
speed to fix on as so as not to record a person moving or a racket the bird
was in the view at the time it started and after a great serve the radar showed
40 something MPH for a serve that was closer to 85 MPH.  Errors can be made.
That got a chuckle out of the audience.

As far as the car being stainless.  You make a good taget.
You need to have something with a low loss tangent factor to be stealth and
stainless is not it.

People in Corvettes thought they would be less of a target because of the
fiberglass but remember the nice big engine in front.   There are ways to distort
or absorb the signals but most fall short of being effective.  We have tried
the blankets and other devices.  The best are the ones that broadcast and send
random false signals.  Illegal but more effective.

As far as laser, mistakes can be made but it is a lot more accurate and less
likely to be in error but they can be out of calibration or the officer can
miss and hit somethig behind you like in a line of traffic.

As far as your speed from experience you were probably going faster than you
thought but the guy next to you may have been in the slow lane but going
faster and the officer got his speed and was looking at you. Radar is half
technology and half judgement.  Laser is more 80'% technology 20% judgement.

Speeding ticket errors are common but not easily defended against because
most people do not understand the way they work, the harmonics and the way the
signal returns or is calibrated to the source ( radar gun or laser). Judges
don't undersatnd either and as long as the gun is in calibration and they have the
records (as they will have) then you are usually gonna pay.

Best unit I had was a hot gold plated Passport.  Still to this day it picks
up signals from great distances. I carry it in my DeLorean (Gigawatt) More for
show now but it is cool. ( I don't speed anymore) :-)

I have a picture somewhere where it shows me driving down 71 in Tennessee
with 150 Solo radar detectors on the dash, seat etc,  We were testing them and
this made quite a picture not to mention the stares we got and when radar hit it
was a bit noisy.

At any rate i would guess there was something in the field of detection
moving at 60MPH and that is what got picked up.

Due to the cosine angle the actual speed recorded on the radar is usually one
or two miles slower than the real speed.

Also ask to see the speed.

This is not gonna help your ticket but it makes for a good story.

I enjoyed the 6 years at Microwave it was a lot of fun

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:32:33 -0500
From: "Ed Garbade" <edgarbade_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Couple of thoughts on this.

First, I have observed on two occasions where my Delorean was not detected
until I was very close to the RADAR.  In both cases they were those roadside
displays that say you are driving XX MPH and the speed limit is YY MPH.  One
sign picked me up I'm guessing at about 30-40 yards out.  The second was at
about 50-60 yards.  Of course this was not scinetific but it seems to apply.

Second, I learned that if someone is speeding within a group of cars and is
a sports car then the speeder is obviously the driver of the sports car.
Along these same lines I discovered (personally) if you are in the left lane
and driving a sports car you are definately guilty.  The second situation
happened to me in a merge situation (cars coming in from the right) and I
was actually being passed when I got tagged (and I was driving under the
speed limit).

Third, my aunt was ticketed because she was in the left lane and the officer
admitted he could not determine who was speeding.  Since she was in the left
lane she was guilty.  BTW, this woman never speeds she is one of those
little old ladies that drives 5-10 MPH below the limit.

Guess the logic is to drive in right lane and stay behind a truck.

Ed
10541

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:07:51 -0500
From: "Jack Singer" <jsinger_at_dml_i-c.net>

I was pulled over just south of you on Rt 9 with my D.  The officer
finally admitted that he just wanted to see the car and did not give me
a ticket.  I had to stand around in the cold and listen to his stories
for a half an hour.  Maybe the ticket would have been better...

Jack,
No vin, looking for a project.

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:14:24 -0500 (EST)
From: William T Wilson <fluffy_at_dml_snurgle.org>

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Tony Pistachio wrote:

> Can the stainless steel and/or shape of the DeLorean give inaccurate
> RADAR readings?  Last night I was pulled over and the police officer
> said I was traveling at 60mph but I KNOW I was somewhere around 45.

Nope.  The DeLorean has some "low observable" characteristics - the
fiberglass underbody, the rear mounted engine, and the general low, small
shape of the car.  It is less radar reflective than many cars out there.
Stainless steel is slightly less reflective than regular sheet metal - but
far more reflective than the fiberglass or plastic bodies some cars have.

It's not a stealth bomber.  There's nothing magical or unusual about it
that will make it invisible or give inaccurate readings.  It's only that
if you're in between a Suburban and a Hummer the policeman might have a
little trouble picking you out from the clutter.

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 03:20:19 -0000
From: "f14dflyer" <f14dflyer_at_dml_comcast.net>

Can the stainless steel and/or shape of the DeLorean give inaccurate RADAR readings?

No. Stainless steel will reflect radar waves just as well as painted sheet metal will, and
there's nothing about hte DeLorean's shape that would mess a signal up.

>From what I understand, the police will often claim you were going faster that you really
were. This is a really below-the-belt strategy if you ask me. The idea is that if you weren't
actually looking at your speedo, or are sufficiently nervous, you might accidently "admit"
to  going that fast, then get nailed with a bigger fine. At that point, it's your word against
the  officer's, which could easily mean you'd be SOL in traffic court. The one time I've been
pulled over (not even for speeding, but for crossing the yellow lines to avoid a dip), and
the officer asked if I knew I was going about 48 in a 30 (I wasn't).

So unless you actually got a ticket for it, I wouldn't sweat it. If you did, and it was for going
faster than you really were, fight it. You might not win, but you might at least get the fine
reduced to what it "should" be.

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 04:09:27 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

The Delorean presents a small signature (profile) to radar head-on.
Most police radar units lock onto the strongest returned signal so it
is very possible he was clocking the larger target. Similar situation
when driving a car near an 18 wheeler. They will always clock on the
tractor or sometimes the faster target if large and close enough. Most
of the surfaces on a Delorean are angular to radar and there is no
large mass in front to bounce the radar off of. Laser is another whole
story. There is a lot of info about this subject on the websites of
the radar detector manufacturers. Over on the Lotus newsgroup the
general consensus is that right after getting one you need to order a
Valentine 1. If you are going fast enough they will give you a ticket
and lie about what the radar clocked you at anyway. Police don't have
to have radar to give you a ticket, they can say they OBSERVED you
exceeding the speed limit. In Florida they were clocking TREES
speeding a few years back. Another trick was to aim the unit at the
heater fan in the police car to get a bogus reading and then pull
people over. Another favorite was to catch a speeder and then "lock"
the reading. Now everyone they pull over was clocked at the same
speed. Read up on this, there are a lot of ways to cheat on both
sides. The bottom line is they can read your speed but a smaller
target must be closer than a large one. It has nothing to do with the
S/S and a lot to do with fiberglass.

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 04:15:44 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Ground Moisture

My driveway is no different from a parking lot, or for that matter the
street out front. If it had a ground moisture problem, you'd have to
park every vehicle in Laurinburg on a sheet of plastic.

Moth balls aren't an option because they'd blow and wash away. My
vehicles are covered outdoors, not in a garage.

FWIW the squirrels only demo'd my two cheap covers (Xmas presents from
the family). For whatever reason they don't seem to care -- AT LEAST
NOT AT THIS TIME -- for the expensive ones. I'll get off my wallet and
buy two expensive replacements.

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 04:32:45 +0000
From: "D F" <funkstuf_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: D that has been sitting for years...

Some more stories for you regarding sitting Deloreans and the surprises they
bring.

Mine was all the usual stuff.. sat for a long time, very beautiful looking
car, all original.
The most odd thing I found was that both fuel lines at collected
condensation around two rubber spacers that sit in front of and behind the
gear shift.. When I started the car after replacing all the fuel system..
the car was leaking gas out the bottom.. I found out the condensation had
corroded through the gas line at the rubber spacer.. fixed the front one,
started it again, and after a short bit it started leaking again.. the back
one had also corroded through.. That's the kind of thing that happens when a
car sits.. always a new surprise.. everyone kept telling me NO WAY, when I
told them where it was leaking they had me checking my connections.. I
suggest everybody watch closely where the two rubber guides sit.  I can say
that I had every thing on this list and then some. Still... the car is
becoming a very NICe car at this point with LOW  miles on it. so..... buy
one, and get prepared to spend a little (or a lot) of money and enjoy it.
They're well worth it. Once you get them out on the road you're hooked.

Dale Funk

Watch high-quality video with fast playback at MSN Video. Free!