From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1889
Date: Thursday, February 26, 2004 10:27 AM

1. Delorean on a VH1 Video last night
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

2. Glove Box Question
From: "Adam Lee" <delorean852003_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Under the manifold, was tab repair
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

4. Delorean on the side of road in MD
From: billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com

5. Re: John DeLorean
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

6. Re: Under the manifold, was tab repair
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

7. Re: Glove Box Question
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

8. A/C Compressor
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Great Window Cleaner
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

10. JZD Pigeon Forge
From: Tom Watkins <dmctom_at_dml_earthlink.net>

11. New Delorean products
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

12. ADMIN: Files/Photos section
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

13. Throttle body
From: "doki_pen" <doki_pen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:47:21 -0000
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Delorean on a VH1 Video last night

Sometimes I record the VH1 Classic that plays overnights,
and watch the videos in the background while I work here at home.
I was watching an old 80's video by a band called:
"Big Audio Dynamite", the song was "Medicine Show".
There is a Delorean featured in the begining and though out the video.
I felt it was my duty to archive this for the D-community.
So I edited it down to about a minute with only the Delorean scenes
and made a WMV out of it.

Anyone who wants to see it can go to my website,
http://www.dfwdmc.com and then go to MEDIA.
There is a lot of other cool video clips there too.
Check it out.

If anyone wants to serve the WHOLE 6 minute, 10 meg video...
let me know and I will upload it to you.

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:02:17 -0000
From: "Adam Lee" <delorean852003_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Glove Box Question

I have a quick question for everyone. I have VIN 1913 and it has a
hole in the glove box CATCH (Part Number 108557). I thought the
cover was gone off of mine and I ordered another from DMC Houston.
My question is simple. Was there a lock on the the catch on early
VIN's? The one I ordered from DMC Houston is a great product and
fairly priced but I found I do not need it. I took the cover off of
the one I order from DMC and it did not have a hole in it like my
original does. What is the hole there for? Sorry this is such a
strange question. Thanks to all that helped me with my battery
discharging. I unplugged the door switches (108244 SWITCH,CTSY
LIGHT)  that light up the door courtesy lights and the battery
hasn't discharged. I guess they werw staying on all the time.

Thanks for all the help,

Adam Lee

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:36:11 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Under the manifold, was tab repair

I just changed my water pump and all of the hoses under the intake in
the summer of 2003. I found lots of debris that looked like dirt mixed
with antifreeze with some copper O-rings and a bolt. I had to use a
screwdriver lightly to scrape loose the debris and a wet-dry vacuum to
suck all of the junk out of the valley and the pockets under the
intake. This is a very critical area that should be cleaned with every
water pump replacement or if you store your vehicle outside in harsh
conditions you should try to pull your intake just to inspect this area
if you have never cleaned under the intake.

There is a picture floating around somewhere where one of the valleys
actually was eaten away on somebody's car.

These are just my recommendations on this part of the car due to my
experience with what i found under my intake and i am sure others on
the list will recommend differently on time frames on when this job
should be done.

Mark
6683

On Wednesday, February 25, 2004, at 10:44 AM, jordan rubin wrote:

> Jeremiah,
>
>  Because I believed that you had mentioned that you
> had fixed vacume leaks.  I am curious to ask folks
> that have replaced all of their vacume hoses how their
> engine condition is under the manifold or behind the
> water pump for that mattter.  I believe I had
> mentioned that I posted my own little horror story on
> my site under "what lurks beneath"
>
> heres the link
> http://retroserver.no-ip.com/delorean/whatlurksbeneath.html
>

> jordan 11613
>

> --- Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I haven't gotten under the manifold yet.  Why do you
>> ask?
>>
>> jordan rubin <nuttenschleuder_at_dml_yahoo.com>
>> wrote:Jeremiah,
>>
>> Ill go out on a limb here, I was wondering when
>> you fixed the vacume leaks and removed the manifold,
>> what was the condition of your hot water pipe from
>> the
>> heater and the casting under the y-pipe. Was the
>> casting filled with crap and old copper washers?
>> Basically hiw did it look under your manifold
>>
>> jordan
>>
>> 11613
>>

>> --- Enid/Jeremiah wrote:
>>> Rich, I'm going to tell you right off the bat that
>>> your story alone convinced me to check my TABS
>> this
>>> week; I'm replacing them next week when I buy my
>> new
>>> rack and pinion. What happened to you was
>> downright
>>> frightening; I'm glad the car is A-ok (and you ;)
>> ).
>>> I haven't even checked my TABs yet, but the guy I
>>> bought my car from had almost EVERYTHING original
>> -
>>

>> To address comments privately to the moderating
>> team, please address:
>> moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>>
>> For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for
>> sale see www.dmcnews.com

>> Yahoo! Groups Links

>> removed]
>>

>> To address comments privately to the moderating
>> team, please address:
>> moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>>
>> For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for
>> sale see www.dmcnews.com

>> Yahoo! Groups Links
>>

>>      dmcnews-unsubscribe_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

> http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

Come see all of my Photo's at my Website.
http://photos.yahoo.com/snextime

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:21:08 EST
From: billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Delorean on the side of road in MD

Just wanted to see if any MD owners were on Route 70 and the Baltimore
Beltway on Wednesday afternoon around 4:00pm. My brother in law called and said he
saw a DMC broken down with what he thought was coolant spilled on the side of
the road. He thought the liscence was LMJ or LM7 and was a MD tag.

I called Rich Acuti to see if he knew who it was and he was not sure either.
If you are on the DML let us know becasue Rich or I would have happily come
helped you out....

Mike C

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:21:56 EST
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: John DeLorean

While its dissapointing that John bailed out after promising to come, all I
can say is the show is still going to be GREAT.   Sure it would have been nice
to get an autograph or a picture, but most everyone is there to talk with
other owners and show off our Ds anyway--not to mention the Dragon Run :)   With
all the entertainment Ken has set up for us, I have no doubt that the show is
still going to be just as amazing without John.

Patrick

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:40:49 -0000
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

Around the first 1/3 of last year I ended up re-conditioning the
upper half of my engine. (Headgaskets, seals, etc) I ordered the kit
from DMCH. Out of paranoia, I also replaced every thermistor and
vacuum switch that screws into the "Y" pipe.

My valley was totally packed with potting soil quality dirt, O-rings,
copper rings, screws, acorns etc. It took several hours to get dig
all that out and actually get it clean. I was very fortunate not to
have a coolant leaks and the corrosion that they cause.

If you're wondering, this is a condition common to neglected
DeLoreans, and if you buy a beater with the intention of restoring it
to glory, it's a condition that should be fixed as soon as possible.

Rich A.

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 03:24:29 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Glove Box Question

That hole you are referring to is used for a lock cylinder on other
applications (I think it is a VW). You will not be able (at least I
haven't been able to) find a lock cylinder that is compatable with the
blanks used on the rest of the car. To use that lock you would have to
carry another key. There was never (to my knowledge) a lock offered on
the Delorean for the glove box. I have seen glove box locks that don't
have that little cover at all.
Get rubber tips for the door switches so when the door is closed it
can push the plunger a little further, that will fix the problem. In
place of rubber tips a short piece of rubber hose works too.

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:30:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: A/C Compressor

The a/c compressor that was used on our cars is a
Sankyo SD 510.  Now, Sankyo was the name under which
Sanden Corp was founded in the 1940's.

Some cross reference lists show the Sanden 508
(actually, 04508 - the "04" seems to be a common
preface in the Sanden compressor series).  Has anyone
installed a 508 on their D and does the back from our
510 match up with the 508 body?

Dick Ryan

http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 03:30:06 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Great Window Cleaner

I just pilfered a great product from my wife's cleaning supplies. It
is Perfect Glass by Hope. You can get it in Bed Bath & Beyond and I
see it is also in Home Improvements (www.homeimprovementscatalog.com).
It is better than Windex. It leaves no streaks or residue and hides
minor surface scratches. It is a little pricey so I first clean the
glass with Windex to remove the dirt so I only polish the glass with
Perfect Glass. They also have a website at www.hopecompany.com

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:42:24 -0500
From: Tom Watkins <dmctom_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: JZD Pigeon Forge

I didn't attend the last show after JZD dropped out and I must say I
made a BIG mistake!  I'm going this year no matter what.....I am
dissapointed that I won't get to meet the man behind the car but it
won't detract from the main focus of this show.    Thanks to Ken for all
the incredible work that goes into this.   I know it's a bummer that JZD
has other plans but, hey......the guy has seen it all, hasn't he?    I'm
sure Ken will end up with lots of pic to show him.

Let's make this the most amazing show ever!!!!  I'll see you......in
Pigeon Forge.

Tom

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 07:41:39 -0000
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: New Delorean products

Group, If moderators permit: We have added several new products for
the Delorean.

They are:

#1.New Air intake High performance or less restritive air flow
   system for better performance and more HP and economy.
#2.New heat transfer Bio Degradable compound for the coolant.
#3.New aluminum muffler heat sheild.
#4.New 8mm low resistance spark plug wires with spark plug boots.
These and more can be seen at.
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/New-Delorean-Products.html

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 00:39:34 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: ADMIN: Files/Photos section

You may have noticed that the files and photos section of the yahoo
page are about to the file size limit. Much of this material is
pretty transient, i.e. to illustrate a long-ago post. The photos by
themselves don't have much meaning any more.

Rather than spending a few hours going thru it deciding what is good
or bad, at some point I'm going to delete it all and start over.
Please review what you've stashed in there, if it's your only copy
you had better copy it back.

I will try and move some of the more useful stuff over to the
www.dmcnews.com web page, but frankly that's a lot more work than I
feel like doing at the moment. And my definition of useful may not
match yours.

A way to keep this from becoming a problem in the future is to reduce
your photos to something web-friendly (like 30K file size) before
uploading them.

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 03:08:17 -0000
From: "doki_pen" <doki_pen_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Throttle body

Hi everyone

My car tends to idle fast, however if I push on the throttle lever
on the throttle body the idle drops down some.  Do you think it may
be time to rebuild it?  Or maybe there's a spring adjustment on it
or something.

Thanks!

Jon