From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1896
Date: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 1:54 PM

1. Re: What is BEST cleaning method for Stainless?
From: KiwiDean_at_dml_aol.com

2. smoke
From: "mydmc5898" <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Failed emissions: NOx
From: "hawaiid_ro" <robinsonl002_at_dml_hawaii.rr.com>

4. Gullwings: chicks dig 'em
From: Gus Schlachter <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com>

5. Electrical question
From: "Trey Brown" <treybpd3_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. Side mirror adjustment
From: "Roland Smith" <roland_at_dml_dnai.com>

7. DeLorean-inspired Volvo!
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_netcom.no>

8. Owners manual
From: "Roland Smith" <roland_at_dml_dnai.com>

9. Re: Volvo's new female designed Gullwing Sports Car
From: "Henry" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>

10. Re: Electrical question
From: "Henry" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 00:54:46 -0500
From: KiwiDean_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: What is BEST cleaning method for Stainless?

Thanks to Rick,  Sheila Shine is the stuff to use (specifically made for stainless steel).  www.sheilashine.com is where you can find out about, and order it.

Dean Thomas

Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 06:47:30 -0000
From: "mydmc5898" <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: smoke

I had my car out today, it was running fine. The only problme is
that it idles rough. Well anyway I keep up on the cars matince and
repaires (what i can afford at the time). Anyway I live only about 6-
7 min from were I work. As I hit about four min into the drive i
noticed the car had a funny smell. As if something was burning. I
pulled over, looked in my mirror to see white smoke coming out. I
turned it off quickley and called for another co-worker to pick me
up. Anway leading in to today. I had my car at a shop in which I am
now suing. Well i got the car back in March of 2003. Had it
serviced, completely repaired (as far as we know) from this other
garage. I did notice that when I would first start my car. Lets just
say every 7 time out of ten the oil light would turn on for a sec
then turn right back off. As far as i knew nothing was wrong. Then I
noticed as I went to shut off my car today, the oil gage went up and
down as it pleased. So could it have been out of oil, as far as I
knew it shouldn't have been. Its due this April for one. I belive
the last one was done in January I keep this reagular. or could
something else have went. I towed it to the garage, but they may not
get to work on it asap. And on the ride home my other car a ford
taurus over heated! didn't even get to look at it. So I need my
primary car fixed the ford, but I'm not sure how much the DMC will
cost, or what the problem maybe. Basiclly I just want to know what
things to look for, and what could have gone on the car.

Any help please would be great
Thanks,
Darryl

Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 06:55:10 -0000
From: "hawaiid_ro" <robinsonl002_at_dml_hawaii.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Failed emissions: NOx

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, deloreanernst_at_dml_a... wrote:
> Never had any emissions problems before with my D, but a week ago
I failed
> for NOx. The usual culprits, I'm told, are the lambda sensor or
the cat. conv.

High NOX counts usually means combustion chamber temperature is too
hot.  Could be a simple matter of cleaning injectors or changing
spark plugs to a lower heat range.  I believe if the "cat" is shot,
your hydrocarbon count (raw fuel vapor) would be high.  Its job is
to heat up and burn any raw fuel not burned in the combustion
chamber.

Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 11:54:20 -0600
From: Gus Schlachter <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com>
Subject: Gullwings: chicks dig 'em

Check out the new Volvo.  Those doors look familiar....

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040302/ap_on_bi_ge/volvo_women_1

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX

Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 08:04:05 -0000
From: "Trey Brown" <treybpd3_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Electrical question

Hey Everybody.

I know that one of the most common gripes about our cars is the
electrical system.  Basically, it's a piece of crap.  Is there any
way to improve the Delorean's electrical system. I'm afraid to put a
CD player in the car because Im worried that it'll kill the very low
(about 10 volts) idle voltage that i already have. I was driving the
car today with nothing but the A/C on and the voltage was really
idling low. What can be done to improve this?

Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 07:13:40 -0800
From: "Roland Smith" <roland_at_dml_dnai.com>
Subject: Side mirror adjustment

I recently acquired my DeLorean.  Without the owner's manual, I cannot
determine how to adjust my side mirrors.

How do I do it?

Roland Smith
6667
Oakland, California

Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 20:02:18 +0100
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_netcom.no>
Subject: DeLorean-inspired Volvo!

Photos from the Geneva Car Show...

Hopefully, the new Volvo will also have gullwing doors like this prototype!

http://www.sol.no/fgo/C2_dinside/bil_og_motor/http://www.dinside.no/php/art.php?id=100823&f=s

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759

Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 07:10:59 -0800
From: "Roland Smith" <roland_at_dml_dnai.com>
Subject: Owners manual

I would like to acquire an owners manual for my newly acquired DeLorean.  If
anyone can give me a source or provide a photocopy, I would much appreciate
it.

Roland Smith
6667
Oakland, California

Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 14:29:33 -0500
From: "Henry" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Volvo's new female designed Gullwing Sports Car

What's interesting is that their gull-wing doors are hinged on the edge of the roof, so the clearance needed to open the doors is pretty wide (although probably no wider than the clearance needed for a regular type door opening wide).  But it's bound to cause more confusion/comparisons with our cars that don't have the same clearance requirement.

But looking from the front of their car, with both doors open looks eerily similar to a Delorean.  And even though it was "designed for women, by women", I think it's a pretty sharp looking vehicle.  I hope they produce and sell it as designed.

-Hank

Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 14:38:45 -0500
From: "Henry" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Electrical question

My car (#1619) had similar electrical problems.  I had all the grounds connections cleaned and tightened, fuses replaced, fanzilla and lockzilla installed, new battery, updated Delco alternator, and other minor updates.  The problem is gone and I find the electrical system to be quite stable when cared for.  In addition, I've had both a CD changer installed, and later an Alpine CD head unit (with built in amp) installed, and it all worked/works great.   I also have a digital voltmeter installed where the clock used to be, and I rarely see it less than 11 volts - with the A/C and lights on.

The electrical system is only as bad as the last time it's been maintained.

-Hank