From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1915
Date: Sunday, March 14, 2004 11:05 AM

1. Re: Houston Experience
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. Re: Auction on eBay
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

3. Windshields ?
From: trevor mcdonald <trevor4bbg208_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. John Z. De Lorean's name... - stupid question, but anyways
From: "Florian Uhlemann" <F.Uhlemann_at_dml_web.de>

5. Re: Re: Scoping out the dwell and RTFM
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

6. RE: radio bracket
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

7. RE: Transmission
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. Re: Stereo System upgrade.
From: ComposerZelgadis_at_dml_aol.com

9. Car Alarm Question
From: "TalksToGod" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

10. Re: Hot Start #2
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 22:13:26 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Houston Experience

It sounds like you should have visited DMCH BEFORE you bought this
car. At the very least you might have had the car inspected by someone
familiar with Deloreans before you plunked down your money for this
particular car. Your anger should have been directed at the person you
bought the car from, not the shop that explained what you did to
yourself. Steve and James will help you spend your money now trying to
get it right but you could have avoided this by either buying another
car or barganing the price on this one to account for all the repairs
that it will need. In the long run you are always better off having
the car serviced by someone who knows what they are doing. Even a call
to DMCH before might have tipped you off as to the car's condition,
DMCH keeps records on all the cars they service. Even if they couldn't
tell you anything about this car than that in itself would be a
warning because the car is so close that they SHOULD know all about
it. Be prepared to spend a lot more as you use the car and find other
things that aren't right. When you don't do your "homework" before
buying a car you know nothing about you get yourself into situations
like this.

Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 22:17:39 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Auction on eBay

I just can't imagine how anyone can expect to
have a successful auction with no pictures and
no information in the description...

Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 14:29:43 -0800 (PST)
From: trevor mcdonald <trevor4bbg208_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Windshields ?

Hello,

        I am in need of a windshield for my DeLorean, Mine is cracked beyond repair and I need to find a replacement. Does anyone have a used one they would like to sell? or know where to find one. I have heard the OEM ones are having de-laminating problems from sitting?? so I am not sure if I should go that route or not?. What about aftermarket mabye? I am in Canada (east coast) so the closer the better if possible.  I would really appreciate any feedback.

Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:30:52 -0500
From: "Florian Uhlemann" <F.Uhlemann_at_dml_web.de>
Subject: John Z. De Lorean's name... - stupid question, but anyways

Hey guys,

what thing I got into with James today (THANKS ALOT!!!) is that John's last
name is supposed to be "De Lorean" rather than "DeLorean"... so is that
true?

Florian

Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:46:18 -0500
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Scoping out the dwell and RTFM

What you are doing is adjusting the duty cycle of the frequency valve using
a commonly available instrument that will provide a reasonable display to
work with, the dwell meter. It has nothing to do with the car engine or how
many cylinders it has.

An oscilloscope will do the same thing.

Dave Sontos

Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:06:59 -0600
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: radio bracket

Hi, I have an old style bracket, in perfect condition just removed from my
car.
I also have a perfect working Craig radio to go with it if you want, as well
as original front speakers.

$120.00 for the bracket,
$300.00 for the bracket & Radio & speakers

Prices include shipping in the USA.

Videobob
VIN#5278
http://www.dfwdmc.com

Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 16:11:59 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Transmission

If I remember correctly, it is mounted the other way
in a Pantera..

Porsche would be a better donor car for a conversion
in a DeLorean.

Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 20:15:00 EST
From: ComposerZelgadis_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Stereo System upgrade.

Question!  Me = newbie.

If I were to add, say, a Sony CD receiver, I'd have to cut the dash, correct?
 Because the original Craig is approx. 1/2 DIN size.

Fair enough.

How then, exactly, would getting a new mounting bracket resolve the cutting
issue?  If the opening in the dash is only 1/2 DIN size... then the dash would
still have to be cut, correct?  And in turn, wouldn't that invalidate the
point of getting a new mounting bracket?

Forgive my ignorance.  Be gentle in respones.  =D

Regards,
William F.

Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 03:31:23 -0000
From: "TalksToGod" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Car Alarm Question

Now that I've moved, my DeLorean will have to be parked in a parking
lot thats in town once its back on the road- I feel kind of nervous
even thinking about it knowing the kind people in this world-so I'm
planning on installing a car alarm. I'm looking at one thats a LCD
pager alarm-its pretty interesting, although any alarm I get I don't
plan on hooking anything to the door locks-I only want my key to
control the lock-not a button. I know that even a car alarm can't keep
a good car theif out but-somethings better then nothing. Anyway, I'm
sure that there are others who've installed alarms in their DeLorean
so, what do you guys suggest? how difficult is it to install the alarm
knowing the reputation of DeLorean electrics? Please let me know any
suggestions at all. Thanks again guys for your past and future

Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 03:58:22 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Hot Start #2

Have you tried to activate the cold start valve during the two hour
period to see if that would start the engine? That is the usual
short cut to starting when the fuel accumulator is going out. Also,
another way to confirm low rest pressure is to allow the fuel pump
to pressurize a few times before starting by turning the key to run -
 listen for the fuel pump to run for a few seconds and stop, repeat
that step a few times by turning the key off and then back to run,
and then try to start the engine?

If you are using the proper gauge it is valved to check the control
pressure and then block it to test the primary pressure. The control
pressure changes dramatically from cold to hot. Incorrect control
pressure can yield all sorts of symptoms including the ones you
describe. I can't tell if you have measured the fuel pressure
correctly but it sounds like a bad accumulator or fuel pressure
regulator.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Samuel <samuel_yahoo_at_dml_l...> wrote:
> This post is going to be long, but I figure it is the only way I'm
> going to get my hot start fixed. Some of this info will be from my
> earilier post, some of it will be new.
>
> Quick run down, new accumulator, new fuel pump, new o-rings in the
> fuel distributor for the pressure regulator. After running the car
> for about 30 minutes (long enough to let the fans cycle a few times
> and be up to temperature). Turning the car off will result in the
> inability to start.

[moderator snip]