From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1918
Date: Monday, March 15, 2004 1:41 PM

1. RE: Doing the sums on Don Steger's chrome wheels.
From: "PJ Grady" <rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com>

2. RE: DeLorean Emblem Removal
From: "PJ Grady" <rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com>

3. Re: question about battery life
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

4. Re: volt meter ground???
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

5. HOVERBOARD on eBay ...
From: <ken_at_dml_odoc.ca>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:37:49 -0500
From: "PJ Grady" <rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com>
Subject: RE: Doing the sums on Don Steger's chrome wheels.

Bob,

I recall you asking for the cheapest price so I mentioned that I prefer not
to sell just the rarest parts but could offer you a better deal if you
bought all your parts from us. I asked you for a copy of your estimate
(which you refused to provide for some reason) so I could see exactly what
you needed and figure the most competitive price with a mix of new and used
parts. I also said that I wanted your old fender and possibly the hood if
you wanted the best price. I suggested $3000- for both the 1981 hood and L/H
fender with a core exchange. The "$3000- hood" we spoke of was for one with
a gas flap (which is about as rare as a hens tooth) and I told you I didn't
really want to sell it as I had a need for it in the shop. You said you
wouldn't pay that much anyway so I thought we were in agreement. I never had
a feeling that you were negotiating in good faith because you called
everyone under the sun and never gave me a list of parts you wanted. You
said "give me the price of all the parts in the front end" which would have
taken hours to compute and be impossible to compare with your elusive
"estimate". If anyone got taken for a ride I think it was me. I do
appreciate your previous parts order but don't care for the slam in light of
how you handled the entire situation. I am extremely busy with both business
and family matters and cannot afford to waste my time with people just
trying to play one vender against the other. It's not always the vender who
is wrong... sometimes it IS the customer!

Sincerely,

Rob Grady

To be honest, everyone has sort of done this to me.
Rob Grady had a hood he was going to sell me, but only if I bought ALL of
the replacement
parts for my car from him as well as give him all of my wrecked parts.
When I didn't go for that, the hood suddenly was not for sale?
Well, that's not totally true, he did have one for $3000.00 which may be a
good deal
but was out of my budget.

Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:21:25 -0500
From: "PJ Grady" <rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com>
Subject: RE: DeLorean Emblem Removal

Hello Oliver,

As David suggested a hot air gun or hair dryer is the best method of
loosening the hood emblem. I like the dental floss suggestion though and may
try that on a particularly stubborn emblem.

The main reason I'm posting however is to thank you for your comments as
they relate to our recent servicing of your DeLorean. It was a pleasure to
see you and Terry again and we are gratified to here of your satisfaction
with our work. The Lord knows Debby and I have been through a lot with
family matters in recent months and appreciate a little good news to help us
forget (at least temporarily) some of the bad. Thanks for the feedback.

Rob Grady

Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:31:42 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: question about battery life

Battery life is a very complicated subject. It is dependant on many
variables from ambient temperature to the # of cyles to the charging
voltage, and on and on. Think of it like a cat. You know they have 9
lives but you never know which one they are currently on until they
are all gone. Batteries are a little better than that though. You can
use a load tester to get an approximate measure of capacity which
translates into remaining use. Age has A LOT to do with this. A 5 year
old battery with 50% capacity is gone where a 1 year old at 50% could
still be good for another year or two. It is "not a good thing" to
discharge a lead-acid battery flat. They will last a lot longer if you
never draw down below 50% charge. It also matters how long it is left
"flat". If it is recharged right away, SLOWLY, you will minimize the
damage. Of course if it froze when it was dead than it is now garbage.
A dead battery has plain water inside, not acid, and water will freeze
which warps the plates inside.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "supermattthehero" <supermatty_at_dml_p...>

Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 18:09:57 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: volt meter ground???

Actually the engine depends on one braided ground strap by the
passenger engine cradle (why do car companies love to put chasis
grounds right next to the pavement?). Lose it, and you lose ignition,
plus whatever that bundle of ground wires on driver's intake rail
comes from. Make sure that strap is in good condition.

One of my future projects is to run a second ground wire higher up on
the block, preferably isolated from the elements.

Negative battery cable attaches to a passenger TAB mount, under the
splash guard.

Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:13:52 -0500
From: <ken_at_dml_odoc.ca>
Subject: HOVERBOARD on eBay ...

I hope that I don't get chastised for using the list to advertise this
Hoverboard, but I thought that perhaps somebody from the list may be
interested.   I am trying to sell this to get a little extra cash to
contribute towards the new exhaust system (which I hope I will be able to
offer to everybody) and as well as to help finance my journey to pigeon
forge!   And of course to help keep www.odoc.ca <http://www.odoc.ca/>  up
and running .. .ca domain names get pricey!

Check it out :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3804007033&category=790>
&item=3804007033&category=790

I put a lot of time into this thing to make it look as close to the real
deal as possible , it gets GREAT reactions at local car shows!

I always get asked if it actually works . hehehe

www.odoc.ca <http://www.odoc.ca/>