From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1925
Date: Friday, March 19, 2004 5:37 PM

1. RE: RE: LED lights
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

2. RE: photos wanted.
From: "Alex Wolf" <alex_at_dml_ancira.com>

3. Re: Sealing the Fuel Pump Ring
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

4. Re: photos wanted.
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>

5. Re: Home Made Self Bleeder
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

6. RE: Re: Raffle car update
From: "Gary Hull" <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

7. RE: Re: Sealing the Fuel Pump Ring
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:30:41 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: RE: LED lights

Yes Mike, I did test the Hyper Bright and they work fine to me. But at that
time they were I think around $40.00 ea. I don't understand what would you
gained over a $1.00 bulb?????. As you said current wasn't the issue. If it's
cosmetic then I understand. I just couldn't find many people wanting to plop
down $40.00 for a bulb and I think you would need 4 + of them.

Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:25:34 -0600
From: "Alex Wolf" <alex_at_dml_ancira.com>
Subject: RE: photos wanted.

What about a group order??

Alex Wolf
www.deloreanowners.com

Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 20:10:04 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Sealing the Fuel Pump Ring

Using foam would make any future service in the area a near
impossablity. If you ever had to go in there you would destroy the
rubber boots, wiring, and hoses (some of these parts are EXPENSIVE!).
You would also probably put a lot of debris into the tank in the
process. A better way would be to just clean everything up really
nice, replace any deteriorated parts, use silicon grease on the
electrical connections, and open the area up once a year for
inspection. Properly assembled with good parts you should not have any
problems and if you do you will catch it before it gets bad. The real
problem in this area is that it is a "hidden" area so it is ignored
for 20 years. When you finally do open it up the boots have been bad
and the inner boot has been full of water and gas for a long time.
Regular inspection and maintaince is all that is required.
BTW why are you posting this on the DML AND the DMC Forum?

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_m...>

Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:06:30 -0600
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>

Here's a link to a company that takes any photo you submit and makes it the
checks background.
http://www.funchecks.com/

Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 21:40:58 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Home Made Self Bleeder

I used 1/4" fuel line hose (my general all purpose under hood hose).
Slides on a 5/16 brass Tee in the factory bleed line easily if you
lubricate.

Made the hose barb by simply cutting the tapered end off the bleed
screw. Nipple is indeed too short for a hose clamp, but holds
excellently with a hose ring (squeeze clamp).

Have logged 8K on it no sweat.

Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:56:35 -0800
From: "Gary Hull" <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Raffle car update

In case the long URLs are a pain to use, try these.
DCS Raffle Car = http://raffle.deloreancarshow.com
DCS Magazines = http://magazines.deloreancarshow.com
Registration = http://registration.deloreancarshow.com
Memorabilia = Http://memorabilia.deloreancarshow.com

Gary
IN2TIME

Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:11:18 -0600
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Sealing the Fuel Pump Ring

Thanks for the feed back David.

You make some very good points.

The reason I posted on more than one list is that not everyone subscribes to
the same list.

Scott

Using foam would make any future service in the area a near impossablity. If
you ever had to go in there you would destroy the rubber boots, wiring, and
hoses (some of these parts are EXPENSIVE!). You would also probably put a
lot of debris into the tank in the process. A better way would be to just
clean everything up really nice, replace any deteriorated parts, use silicon
grease on the electrical connections, and open the area up once a year for
inspection. Properly assembled with good parts you should not have any
problems and if you do you will catch it before it gets bad. The real
problem in this area is that it is a "hidden" area so it is ignored for 20
years. When you finally do open it up the boots have been bad and the inner
boot has been full of water and gas for a long time. Regular inspection and
maintaince is all that is required. David Teitelbaum vin 10757 BTW why are