From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1928
Date: Sunday, March 21, 2004 8:31 PM

There are 25 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Re: Dashboard trim help...
From: "wayofcain" <wayofcain_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. RE: Dashboard trim help...
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. RE: Re: Speaker Upgrade and Ground Effects
From: "Dustin Dewey" <dmc5000_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Re: Rust question
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

5. Rust Inhibitor
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Re: LEDs
From: "Jake" <jkampho_at_dml_siue.edu>

7. wrecked Delorean on ebay Vin # SCEDT26T5BD006447
From: "nilkcirb" <nilkcirb_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. Phase1 upgrade exhaust gaskets
From: "Adam 16683" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

9. Re: Re: Speaker Upgrade and Ground Effects
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

10. Not Starting
From: "rayxa1" <dickyh11_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>

11. Re: rear speaker replacement
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

12. Re: Re: rear speaker replacement
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>

13. Re: rear speaker replacement
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

14. Re: LEDs
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

15. Re: Not Starting
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

16. Re: Not Starting
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

17. Re: wrecked Delorean on ebay Vin # SCEDT26T5BD006447
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

18. Howto # 16 posted cap and rotor
From: jordan rubin <nuttenschleuder_at_dml_yahoo.com>

19. Re: LEDs
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

20. Re: LEDs
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>

21. Steering wheel inc. central pad - gas struts - DeLorean RHD caricature
From: "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_hawes74.freeserve.co.uk>

22. Re: wrecked Delorean on ebay Vin # SCEDT26T5BD006447
From: "stainlesssteeldmc" <stainlesssteeldmc_at_dml_yahoo.com>

23. Computer Governor Experts?
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

24. Re: rear speaker replacement
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

25. Re: Re: rear speaker replacement
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>





Message: 1
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 05:17:21 -0000
From: "wayofcain" <wayofcain_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Dashboard trim help...

I had the exact same problem with mine, #2835.  Super glue and 15 
minutes of pinching it solved my problem.



--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, billsfanmd_at_dml_a... wrote:
> Just wanted to know if anyone has fixed this problem....The black 
plastic 
> trim that goes around the inside of the binnacle and above the dash 
lens has 
> started to pull away at the top.It looks kind of like a sagging 
headliner of the 
> dashboard :-)  You can even see the glue in the opening. I have 
seen several 
> cars with this similar problem. I am guessing any sort of rubber 
cement and then 
> securing the black trim piece until it sets would fix it...anyone 
repair this 
> on your car can tell me what glue they used?? I sometimes have 
trouble 
> glueing plastics...
> 
> thanks
> Mike C
> 2109
> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 2
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 23:32:37 -0600
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Dashboard trim help...

Funny you mention this, because I was going to address this.
My plan was to use some glue, like "Gorilla glue" or epoxy, as well as some 
clamps to hold it in place while it dries.
Anyone else deal with this before?
- VB


>From: billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com
>Reply-To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [DML] Dashboard trim help...
>Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 21:06:44 EST
>
>Just wanted to know if anyone has fixed this problem....The black plastic
>trim that goes around the inside of the binnacle and above the dash lens 
>has
>started to pull away at the top.It looks kind of like a sagging headliner 
>of the
>dashboard :-)  You can even see the glue in the opening. I have seen 
>several
>cars with this similar problem. I am guessing any sort of rubber cement and 
>then
>securing the black trim piece until it sets would fix it...anyone repair 
>this
>on your car can tell me what glue they used?? I sometimes have trouble
>glueing plastics...
>
>thanks
>Mike C
>2109
>
>
>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
>To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
>moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>
>For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com
>
>To search the archives or view files, log in at 
>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>

_________________________________________________________________
Check out MSN PC Safety & Security to help ensure your PC is protected and 
safe. http://specials.msn.com/msn/security.asp




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 3
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 05:35:50 +0000
From: "Dustin Dewey" <dmc5000_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Speaker Upgrade and Ground Effects

Hey Derek!!!!
I was worried too. I didnt sleep the night before because I kept thinking 
about it. lol
ITs not that bad though if you take your time. It worked out very well.
I can tell you that I didnt go with 4-10s. The old stock speakers are 4-10s 
and even the new ones
dont sound that good. I went with infinity kappa 462.5 4-6 plate speakers. 
they fit better and
sound better too.
As far as cutting goes, you wont see it when you are done. just take your 
time and go slow.
get the blade started, and just follow the door panel from top to bottom. 
its kind of hard to
explane on here. when you are done, the weather striping hides the cut, so 
you never see it.

  Dustin
006746



>From: "lakelanier20" <derek4567_at_dml_hotmail.com>
>Reply-To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [DML] Re: Speaker Upgrade and Ground Effects
>Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 00:46:47 -0000
>
>Can you elaborate on how you put in the new rear speakers?  Did you
>replace the old ones behind the grill or are they in a new
>location...  Did you follow something like this:
>http://www.delorean.org/tgraham/howto_speaker_f.html
>
>I would like to replace my rear speakers but I have heard nothing but
>scary things about getting in there.
>
>Thanks,
>Derek
>
>
>--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Dustin Dewey" <dmc5000_at_dml_h...> wrote:
> > Hey Everyone!!!!!
> > Just wanted to let everyone know that we installed new rear
>speakers in
> > vin006746 last night.
> > Shannon Y. did a wonderful job, and it only took about 2 hours.
>Thanks
> > Shannon!!!
> > Secondly, Im now in the process of looking for ground effects. I
>want to
> > install lighting under
> > the car, and the only way to do this is to hind it behind the
>ground
> > effects. If anyone knows
> > where I can buy these, please let me know!!! Thanks again.
> >
> >
> > Dustin
> > 006746
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
>moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>
>For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com
>
>To search the archives or view files, log in at 
>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>

_________________________________________________________________
Check out MSN PC Safety & Security to help ensure your PC is protected and 
safe. http://specials.msn.com/msn/security.asp




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 4
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 05:57:02 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Rust question

This repair is a lot more than just replacing a few rusted spots! When
replacing a whole section it is customary to double the joint like you
intend. Since you are doing such a massive "graft" refer to
R:02:02-:03 for all the dimensions that you MUST adhere to. The
general way to do it is with a plumb bob dropping the points to the
floor and then measuring. With all the work involved you might be
better off trying to get another frame. If the front is this bad you
might have problems with the back around the motor cradle too. If the
frame was in an accident that ruined the front than you may never get
it straight enough again. If you are worried about rust maybe you
should just get a S/S frame. It should outlast you!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757


--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "TalksToGod" <5n-_at_dml_g...> wrote:
> What I am doing is replacing the front section of the frame, not just





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 5
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 22:18:26 -0800 (PST)
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Rust Inhibitor

To answer the question in regards to what rust preventer I'm going to use, I'm experimenting with Jasco Prep and Primer.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 6
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 01:18:41 -0600
From: "Jake" <jkampho_at_dml_siue.edu>
Subject: Re: LEDs


----- Original Message -----
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2004 10:03 PM
Subject: RE: [DML] LEDs


>> I have tried very hard to find and sell items that are not sold by anyone
else in our
> community so that I don't step on anyone's toes.>>


Really Bob?  --By selling indiglo gages, radio harnesses, flux capacitors,
and power anntenaes?

Maybe you could find us some Boing engineer to make super-strength trailing
arm bolts, too.  -Ummm...

;-)

Jake Kamphoefner






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 7
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 08:02:04 -0000
From: "nilkcirb" <nilkcirb_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: wrecked Delorean on ebay Vin # SCEDT26T5BD006447

Will this Delorean surface a year from now as a virgin Delorean,keep 
your eyes on this vin# SCEDT26T5BD006447 ,as down the road,the fact 
that it was nose totaled,will,fade with each new owner.It is ebay 
#2468057846,someone should keep a record of these cars,so that future 
owners will not get screwed,thinking that they are getting a Delorean 
that was never hit.I downloaded the pics,and will keep for my records.

nilkcirb

P.S That is typical of the way Deloreans shear off the nose on the 
cars in a head-on collision,the top of the wheelwell,is the weakest 
point on the black body nose. It usually only shears on a very 
serious accident. 
 





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 8
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 09:33:05 -0000
From: "Adam 16683" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Phase1 upgrade exhaust gaskets

I was wondering what kind of exhaust manifold gaskets DMCH is using 
on their Phase1 engine. 

Also if DMCH offered the improved stainless steel gaskets for the 
stock manifolds.

Thanks! 

adam p






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 9
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 10:01:57 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Speaker Upgrade and Ground Effects

In a message dated 3/21/04 12:09:54 AM Central Daylight Time, 
derek4567_at_dml_hotmail.com writes:


> Can you elaborate on how you put in the new rear speakers?  Did you 
> replace the old ones behind the grill or are they in a new 
> location...  Did you follow something like this:
> http://www.delorean.org/tgraham/howto_speaker_f.html
> 
> I would like to replace my rear speakers but I have heard nothing but 
> scary things about getting in there.
> 
> Thanks,
> Derek

Derek and others:

For a great idea on replacing your rear speakers and upgrading the entire 
stereo system, see my website for my D:
http://members.cardomain.com/soma576

The ground effects you speak of can be obtained thru PJ Grady.  He gets them 
custom made. the whole kit (2 sides, front and rear) runs a little more than 
$1000, if i remember correctly (painted too).

Andy


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 10
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:44:44 -0000
From: "rayxa1" <dickyh11_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Not Starting

All,

Here's a challenge.

My D fires up but won't run.

It's had a new fuel pump, and filter. I have just replaced the 
injectors. The plunger in the metering head was stuck initially, but 
I've freed it up now.

The problem is the injectors don't seem to be spraying at all. With 
the fuel pump running, and the air flap pressed all the way down I 
get nothing, not even a dribble. Yet with the injector removed fuel 
flows out the banjo fitting OK.

I assume there is a lack of pressure....

Any help would be appreciated!!

Rich H




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 11
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 08:51:58 -0800 (PST)
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Re: rear speaker replacement

Getting to the rear speakers is actually very easy. They're a breeze to replace, I'm not sure where they got their bad rep from. The directions on this site make it seem scarier than it is. http://www.delorean.org/tgraham/howto_speaker_f.html
I helped Bill Robertson do his, and I'm sure it took us about an hour to do both (we did some other things to his car while we had the panels off, so it's hard to say). If I remember right we just had to remove two screws to loosen the trim panel, and remove the large bolt that holds on the seatbelt mount. Then you have to remove the inner door seal, and a lip is exposed where the trim panel is glued onto the underbody. Cut through the vinyl on the lip around the door with a razor or utility knife, and the panel pretty much pops off. Then all you do is loosen a hose clamp style fitting that grabs the magnet of the speaker onto a bracket, unplug the two wires going into the speaker, and you're done. I'm certain those steps will take you less than 30 minutes. When you reassemble, you'll obviously have to use some sort of glue to mate the lip of the quarter panel back to the fiberglass underbody. It's really not horrible at all. If you've got any questions or concerns, drop me an email. I'll help in any way possible.

Louie Golden
VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC

--- "lakelanier20" <derek4567_at_dml_hotmail.com> wrote:
Can you elaborate on how you put in the new rear speakers?  Did you 
replace the old ones behind the grill or are they in a new 
location...  Did you follow something like this:
http://www.delorean.org/tgraham/howto_speaker_f.html

I would like to replace my rear speakers but I have heard nothing but 
scary things about getting in there.

Thanks,
Derek

_____________________________________________________________
Buy and sell stocks in NFL teams! Get paid dividends every time your team wins! Free limited-time trial at http://www.AllSportsMarket.com/Index.asp?Refer=delomail



________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 12
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 12:26:22 -0500
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>
Subject: Re: Re: rear speaker replacement

For those of you who don't wish to damage your rear trim pieces by 
cutting through them, get out a hair dryer, or heat gun, and heat it up, 
and it will just pull off.   You may need a large flat head screw driver 
to get it started.

Good luck!

Josh



Louie G wrote:

>Cut through the vinyl on the lip around the door with a razor or utility knife, and the panel pretty much pops off. 
>

>Louie Golden
>VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC
>  
>





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 13
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:28:50 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: rear speaker replacement

NO NO NO - rather than cutting the vinyl of those expensive side 
panels, simply pull the large door weatherstripping off, heat the 
vinyl with a good hair dryer, and gently unwrap the vinyl from the 
body. To reinstall it, glue it back in with 3M spray trim adhesive 
(the same stuff you use on the headliner). Heating it when you go to 
reinstall it helps too. This is much neater when finished and avoids 
cutting the vinyl. 

Dave S


--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Louie G <louie_at_dml_d...> wrote:
>-----
If I remember right we just had to remove two screws to loosen the 
trim panel, and remove the large bolt that holds on the seatbelt 
mount. Then you have to remove the inner door seal, and a lip is 
exposed where the trim panel is glued onto the underbody. Cut through 
the vinyl on the lip around the door with a razor or utility knife, 




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 14
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 11:41:34 -0600
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: LEDs

I don't understand your attack, and the sarcasm.
First off,
I don't sell brakes, altenators, spark plugs or any of the stuff that there 
is already a well established source for. These sellers don't need more 
competition.
It is healthy competition that keeps all the prices low.
If not for Hervey, Grady and others then Houston would have the monopoly 
that D1 had for so
long and would charge whatever they wanted.
DMCH has the most amount of overhead compared to anyone else out there so 
they
have to do what they can do to recover thier investment.

As for my Indiglo dashes, as I explained before your sarcasm.... the one 
that is available
is not an exact replica of the original dash but a new rendition.
I want one that looks exactly like the OEM.
If DART wants to stat making them then I will just get one from them.
It seems that so many people come up with a new innovative product, but only
work on it part time and do not give it thier full attention.
I have the spare time to do this.

About the LED's, the subject comes up a lot but no one has ever offered them
for sale as a kit - until me.

My radio wire harness adapters?
Yes, I know there was someone else selling these at one time.
I wanted to order one from them but for months and they were
"out of stock" and they told me that they had no plans of getting more.
So again I researched my ass off on the net, and went to every electronics
supply until I finally found them, and I invested in a big box of them.
My hard work will now supply every Delorean owner with a cheap and easy 
solution
to cutting up thier wire harness and simply plugging in a radio for LESS 
than the cost
of any other OEM radio adapter you would buy at Best-Buy.

As for Flux Capacitors,
there is no exlusive on those, and my site specializes in BTTF items.
I have a lot of them and I am constantly adding on.
No one else has invested into making up a the best looking batch of 2015 
plates,
or OUTATIME plates that look like mine.
Mine are the best, and don't look like home made.

As for the electric antennas,
Can you show me ONE SINGLE SELLER that has these listed on thier website?
I searched for months to find one and couldn't so when I did find them I 
bought
extra so I could help others get them.

Random eBay sales do not count.
I have an online store with items IN STOCK.

My products are all items that I felt were neccesary and were not available 
anywhere.
Now they are.
...and there will be more!

- Videobob
VIN#5278
http://www.dfwdmc.com



>From: "Jake" <jkampho_at_dml_siue.edu>
>Reply-To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: Re: [DML] LEDs
>Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 01:18:41 -0600
>
>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
>To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
>Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2004 10:03 PM
>Subject: RE: [DML] LEDs
>
>
> >> I have tried very hard to find and sell items that are not sold by 
>anyone
>else in our
> > community so that I don't step on anyone's toes.>>
>
>
>Really Bob?  --By selling indiglo gages, radio harnesses, flux capacitors,
>and power anntenaes?
>
>Maybe you could find us some Boing engineer to make super-strength trailing
>arm bolts, too.  -Ummm...
>
>;-)
>
>Jake Kamphoefner
>
>
>
>
>
>
>To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
>moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>
>For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com
>
>To search the archives or view files, log in at 
>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>

_________________________________________________________________
Free up your inbox with MSN Hotmail Extra Storage. Multiple plans available. 
http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200362ave/direct/01/




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 15
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 13:36:34 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Not Starting

In a message dated 3/21/04 12:11:15 PM Central Daylight Time, 
dickyh11_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk writes:


> The problem is the injectors don't seem to be spraying at all. With 
> the fuel pump running, and the air flap pressed all the way down I 
> get nothing, not even a dribble. Yet with the injector removed fuel 
> flows out the banjo fitting OK.
> 
> I assume there is a lack of pressure....
> 
> Any help would be appreciated!!
> 
> Rich H

>>>>>
Rich,

You should begin by doing as you suspect - checking the system pressure.  you 
need to either buy a K-Jet pressure checker or find a local owner with one.  
you can order one at http://www.mytoolstore.com/toolaid/diagn02.html#33865.

This is one tool that every owner should have in their toolbox.  

You should also check your flow rate by filling up a jug from the return line 
that goes into the tank.  you should get about 1.8 pints in 30 seconds.  this 
will tell you if you have a blockage in the primary system.  

once you get some good readings, let us know how it turns out.

Andy




[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 16
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 20:19:24 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Not Starting

>From your description it starts but does not continue to run after you
let the ignition key go from the "start" position to the "run"
position. If this is so than I would check to make sure you are still
getting power in the "run" position. Refer to M:18:03 and check the
white wire for battery voltage when the ignition key is in the "run"
position. Check that the connections on the resistors are clean and
tight. This seems more like an electrical problem to me so I would
start there. 
 If it is indeed a fuel problem make sure that you reconnected all the
hoses correctly. There have been some cases of where the fuel filter
wasn't correct and when tightend up the fuel flow stops. The primary
pressure regulater could also be stuck open causing low pressure. The
fuel injectors may also need to be cleaned.
 Since you presented this challenge it is only fair that you tell us
how it turns out!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757 


--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "rayxa1" <dickyh11_at_dml_y...> wrote:
> All,
> 
> Here's a challenge.
> 
> My D fires up but won't run.
> 
> It's had a new fuel pump, and filter. I have just replaced the 
> injectors. The plunger in the metering head was stuck initially, but 
> I've freed it up now.
> 
> The problem is the injectors don't seem to be spraying at all. With 
> the fuel pump running, and the air flap pressed all the way down I 
> get nothing, not even a dribble. Yet with the injector removed fuel 
> 




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 17
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 15:21:02 EST
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: wrecked Delorean on ebay Vin # SCEDT26T5BD006447

In a message dated 3/21/2004 9:10:15 AM Pacific Standard Time, 
nilkcirb_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:
Will this Delorean surface a year from now as a virgin Delorean,keep 
your eyes on this vin# SCEDT26T5BD006447 ,

This car was probably in an accident and the insurance declared it repairable 
so the title will be clean and should be.

MANY cars like this get refurbished with new tubs and a frame off 
restoration. 
We do that with cars here and the finished cars are almost like new.  The 
DeLoreans design is such that parts can be replaced easily. I would be more 
worried about a DeLorean that has a rusted frame and is patchworked. 

A car without a front end will end up being married to a clean tub  and new 
parts.

My next project car will be a marriage of two scrap cars and the result I 
hope will be a high end show car that I plan to enter in the ISCA shows. Both 
cars in much worse shape than this one.

It all depends on what is done and who does it.  A poor job will be spotted 
easily.

I wish the other cars I bought were in as good of condition, one ended up in 
the Houston concours (170 mile car) and two others are very nice and will be 
at Pigeon Forge. The Raffle car is also one of these cars and it is turning out 
to be a real nice car as well.  One of the best running cars I have  had 
althought no major structural work needed to be done. I twas just missing an 
engine.

If there are anyone out there I do plan to bid on this car later in the week 
but I need to find someone near the car to pick it up if I get the bid and 
hold it a bit until I can get it out here.

IF I do in fact get it I hope you do watch it.  This car is totally 
restorable.
I wish I could get more this clean.

Ken


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 18
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 13:26:08 -0800 (PST)
From: jordan rubin <nuttenschleuder_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Howto # 16 posted cap and rotor

All,


Back from Venice, Howto # 16 is done, it has been
posted tonite.  Cap rotor and cable replacment. 
Feedback is good.

http://retroserver.no-ip.com/deloreanmain.html


Jordan 11613


__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time.
http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html



________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 19
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:17:00 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: LEDs

here is one vendor selling the same antenna as a kit form
http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewKit.asp?KitID=2484

and also the same vendor selling the antenna in different forms
http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewPage.asp?PageID=45


And not all of the vendors list every part they sell, sometimes you 
have to ask them if they can get the part. Just because you don't see 
the part advertised does not mean the vendors don't sell the part you 
are looking for.

Mark V


On Sunday, March 21, 2004, at 11:41 AM, Video Bob wrote:

> I don't understand your attack, and the sarcasm.
> First off,
> I don't sell brakes, altenators, spark plugs or any of the stuff that 
> there
> is already a well established source for. These sellers don't need more
> competition.
> It is healthy competition that keeps all the prices low.
> If not for Hervey, Grady and others then Houston would have the 
> monopoly
> that D1 had for so
> long and would charge whatever they wanted.
> DMCH has the most amount of overhead compared to anyone else out there 
> so
> they
> have to do what they can do to recover thier investment.
>
> As for my Indiglo dashes, as I explained before your sarcasm.... the 
> one
> that is available
> is not an exact replica of the original dash but a new rendition.
> I want one that looks exactly like the OEM.
> If DART wants to stat making them then I will just get one from them.
> It seems that so many people come up with a new innovative product, 
> but only
> work on it part time and do not give it thier full attention.
> I have the spare time to do this.
>
> About the LED's, the subject comes up a lot but no one has ever 
> offered them
> for sale as a kit - until me.
>
> My radio wire harness adapters?
> Yes, I know there was someone else selling these at one time.
> I wanted to order one from them but for months and they were
> "out of stock" and they told me that they had no plans of getting more.
> So again I researched my ass off on the net, and went to every 
> electronics
> supply until I finally found them, and I invested in a big box of them.
> My hard work will now supply every Delorean owner with a cheap and easy
> solution
> to cutting up thier wire harness and simply plugging in a radio for 
> LESS
> than the cost
> of any other OEM radio adapter you would buy at Best-Buy.
>
> As for Flux Capacitors,
> there is no exlusive on those, and my site specializes in BTTF items.
> I have a lot of them and I am constantly adding on.
> No one else has invested into making up a the best looking batch of 
> 2015
> plates,
> or OUTATIME plates that look like mine.
> Mine are the best, and don't look like home made.
>
> As for the electric antennas,
> Can you show me ONE SINGLE SELLER that has these listed on thier 
> website?
> I searched for months to find one and couldn't so when I did find them 
> I
> bought
> extra so I could help others get them.
>
> Random eBay sales do not count.
> I have an online store with items IN STOCK.
>
> My products are all items that I felt were neccesary and were not 
> available
> anywhere.
> Now they are.
> ...and there will be more!
>
> - Videobob
> VIN#5278
> http://www.dfwdmc.com
>
>
>
>> From: "Jake" <jkampho_at_dml_siue.edu>
>> Reply-To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>> To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
>> Subject: Re: [DML] LEDs
>> Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 01:18:41 -0600
>>
>>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
>> To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
>> Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2004 10:03 PM
>> Subject: RE: [DML] LEDs
>>
>>
>>>> I have tried very hard to find and sell items that are not sold by
>> anyone
>> else in our
>>> community so that I don't step on anyone's toes.>>
>>
>>
>> Really Bob?  --By selling indiglo gages, radio harnesses, flux 
>> capacitors,
>> and power anntenaes?
>>
>> Maybe you could find us some Boing engineer to make super-strength 
>> trailing
>> arm bolts, too.  -Ummm...
>>
>> ;-)
>>
>> Jake Kamphoefner
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
>> moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>>
>> For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see 
>> www.dmcnews.com
>>
>> To search the archives or view files, log in at
>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
>> Yahoo! Groups Links
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> Free up your inbox with MSN Hotmail Extra Storage. Multiple plans 
> available.
> http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200362ave/direct/01/
>
>
>
>
> To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
> moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>
> For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see 
> www.dmcnews.com
>
> To search the archives or view files, log in at 
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
Come see all of my Photo's at my Website's
http://photos.yahoo.com/snextime
http://www.exoticrides.com/galleries/showgallery.php?ppuser=57




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 20
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:01:01 -0600
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: LEDs

I think he just meant his comments in a joking manner. It's very easy to
misconstrue what a person types into an email. What sounds funny and
harmless to one person, another might take offense to. I don't think it's
that anyone doesn't appreciate what you are doing, I think it's when you say
things like "Mine are the best, and don't look like home made". The other
vendors introduce products and let the general community comment on the
quality of their merchandise. Saying that your products are the best
insinuates that every one else's aren't, and you can probably see how this
could put some people off. If your products are the best, people will
definitely make comments on the list stating this. You may just want to read
through some of your emails before you hit send (this goes for everyone).


Original Message ----- 
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Cc: <jkampho_at_dml_siue.edu>
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2004 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: [DML] LEDs


> I don't understand your attack, and the sarcasm.
> First off,
> I don't sell brakes, altenators, spark plugs or any of the stuff that
there
> is already a well established source for. These sellers don't need more
> competition.
> It is healthy competition that keeps all the prices low.
> If not for Hervey, Grady and others then Houston would have the monopoly
> that D1 had for so
> long and would charge whatever they wanted.
> DMCH has the most amount of overhead compared to anyone else out there so
> they
> have to do what they can do to recover thier investment.
>
> As for my Indiglo dashes, as I explained before your sarcasm.... the one
> that is available
> is not an exact replica of the original dash but a new rendition.
> I want one that looks exactly like the OEM.
> If DART wants to stat making them then I will just get one from them.
> It seems that so many people come up with a new innovative product, but
only
> work on it part time and do not give it thier full attention.
> I have the spare time to do this.
>
> About the LED's, the subject comes up a lot but no one has ever offered
them
> for sale as a kit - until me.
>
> My radio wire harness adapters?
> Yes, I know there was someone else selling these at one time.
> I wanted to order one from them but for months and they were
> "out of stock" and they told me that they had no plans of getting more.
> So again I researched my ass off on the net, and went to every electronics
> supply until I finally found them, and I invested in a big box of them.
> My hard work will now supply every Delorean owner with a cheap and easy
> solution
> to cutting up thier wire harness and simply plugging in a radio for LESS
> than the cost
> of any other OEM radio adapter you would buy at Best-Buy.
>
> As for Flux Capacitors,
> there is no exlusive on those, and my site specializes in BTTF items.
> I have a lot of them and I am constantly adding on.
> No one else has invested into making up a the best looking batch of 2015
> plates,
> or OUTATIME plates that look like mine.
> Mine are the best, and don't look like home made.
>
> As for the electric antennas,
> Can you show me ONE SINGLE SELLER that has these listed on thier website?
> I searched for months to find one and couldn't so when I did find them I
> bought
> extra so I could help others get them.
>
> Random eBay sales do not count.
> I have an online store with items IN STOCK.
>
> My products are all items that I felt were neccesary and were not
available
> anywhere.
> Now they are.
> ...and there will be more!
>
> - Videobob
> VIN#5278
> http://www.dfwdmc.com
>
>
>
> >From: "Jake" <jkampho_at_dml_siue.edu>
> >Reply-To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
> >To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
> >Subject: Re: [DML] LEDs
> >Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 01:18:41 -0600
> >
> >
> >----- Original Message -----
> >From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
> >To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
> >Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2004 10:03 PM
> >Subject: RE: [DML] LEDs
> >
> >
> > >> I have tried very hard to find and sell items that are not sold by
> >anyone
> >else in our
> > > community so that I don't step on anyone's toes.>>
> >
> >
> >Really Bob?  --By selling indiglo gages, radio harnesses, flux
capacitors,
> >and power anntenaes?
> >
> >Maybe you could find us some Boing engineer to make super-strength
trailing
> >arm bolts, too.  -Ummm...
> >
> >;-)
> >
> >Jake Kamphoefner
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
> >moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
> >
> >For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see
www.dmcnews.com
> >
> >To search the archives or view files, log in at
> >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
> >Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> Free up your inbox with MSN Hotmail Extra Storage. Multiple plans
available.
> http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200362ave/direct/01/
>
>
>
>
> To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
> moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>
> For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see
www.dmcnews.com
>
> To search the archives or view files, log in at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 21
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 23:56:09 -0000
From: "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_hawes74.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Steering wheel inc. central pad - gas struts - DeLorean RHD caricature

Hello all,

If any of you need the following items the bids are nice and low at the
moment....

I have on Ebay at the moment the following DeLorean items:-

-- original steering wheel and central pad

-- hood/bonnet gas struts

-- DeLorean  DeLorean DMC-12 photographic caricature

All 3 can be seen at the link below:-

http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=chris-von-bron&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

Regards

Chris Hawes
vin 5255




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 22
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 23:37:42 -0000
From: "stainlesssteeldmc" <stainlesssteeldmc_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: wrecked Delorean on ebay Vin # SCEDT26T5BD006447



I am one hundred percent with you on the correct way to repair this 
car. What I worry about is the guy,who wants to turn over the car for 
a fast buck,and just slaps it together,and sells it to someone who 
does not know what to look out for.If the black body is replaced,with 
a undamaged Black body,and the frame,is checked for 
any signs of misaligement(which chances are it is)and 
repaired,then,and only then can it be said,that it is just as good as 
virgin(but still not a virgin Delorean),and even then it should be 
noted,that it was a repaired Delorean.
The other question that I raise,if another black body is put on this 
car,by which VIN tags,would it be legal with,the orignal or the ones 
that were already on the "new" black body,as I know in some states it 
is Illegal to exchange vin tags(Between the black bodies) no matter 
what.Or would it now have to be registered as a composite vehicle.
The Deloreans are Unique in the fact of the vin tags. As there are no 
Vin tags anywhere,on the frame to match,the Vins on the Black Body.
Also now what happens down the road,if and when the orignal frame 
rots,and another frame is put under it,now you would have a 
mismatched,body and frame combination.

SSDMC


--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, kKoncelik_at_dml_a... wrote:
> In a message dated 3/21/2004 9:10:15 AM Pacific Standard Time, 
> nilkcirb_at_dml_y... writes:
> Will this Delorean surface a year from now as a virgin 
Delorean,keep 
> your eyes on this vin# SCEDT26T5BD006447 ,
> 
> This car was probably in an accident and the insurance declared it 
repairable 
> so the title will be clean and should be.
> 
> MANY cars like this get refurbished with new tubs and a frame off 
> restoration. 
> We do that with cars here and the finished cars are almost like 
new.  The 
> DeLoreans design is such that parts can be replaced easily. I would 
be more 
> worried about a DeLorean that has a rusted frame and is 
patchworked. 
> 
> A car without a front end will end up being married to a clean tub  
and new 
> parts.
> 
> My next project car will be a marriage of two scrap cars and the 
result I 
> hope will be a high end show car that I plan to enter in the ISCA 
shows. Both 
> cars in much worse shape than this one.
> 
> It all depends on what is done and who does it.  A poor job will be 
spotted 
> easily.
> 
> I wish the other cars I bought were in as good of condition, one 
ended up in 
> the Houston concours (170 mile car) and two others are very nice 
and will be 
> at Pigeon Forge. The Raffle car is also one of these cars and it is 
turning out 
> to be a real nice car as well.  One of the best running cars I 
have  had 
> althought no major structural work needed to be done. I twas just 
missing an 
> engine.
> 
> If there are anyone out there I do plan to bid on this car later in 
the week 
> but I need to find someone near the car to pick it up if I get the 
bid and 
> hold it a bit until I can get it out here.
> 
> IF I do in fact get it I hope you do watch it.  This car is totally 
> restorable.
> I wish I could get more this clean.
> 
> Ken
> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 23
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 23:58:32 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Computer Governor Experts?

I'm trying to find someone who's worked on the CG at a 
diagnostic/parts level (Mark Hershey - are you still out there)? I've 
replaced the capacitors (were not blown), checked the power 
transistors (good), and have determined that power is not being 
applied to one of the solenoids at "rest". (I believe that the 
condition with the vehicle not moving should be both solenoids 
engaged).

Solenoids test good, at least with respect to resistance. Voltages on 
the power transistors are very different from each other, but this is 
about as far as I can get without a schematic of this thing. Any 
other ideas? Has anyone reverse-engineered a schematic? I'm trying to 
avoid just replacing the CG but that's probably the next step.

Dave Swingle




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 24
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:11:15 -0800 (PST)
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Re: rear speaker replacement

I had a feeling there would be some objections to cutting the edge of the vinyl panel from the fiberglass. If you can heat it up and get it to peel off that's certainly the way to go. The vinyl on Bill's car was just so brittle it kept snapping off and breaking where we'd try to peel it away from the underbody. So rather than damage his trim panel, we just took a razor to it. If you do it carefully it won't make any difference when you reglue it and put the inner door seal back over it.

Louie Golden
VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC


--- "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com> wrote:
NO NO NO - rather than cutting the vinyl of those expensive side 
panels, simply pull the large door weatherstripping off, heat the 
vinyl with a good hair dryer, and gently unwrap the vinyl from the 
body. To reinstall it, glue it back in with 3M spray trim adhesive 
(the same stuff you use on the headliner). Heating it when you go to 
reinstall it helps too. This is much neater when finished and avoids 
cutting the vinyl. 

Dave S

_____________________________________________________________
Buy and sell stocks in NFL teams! Get paid dividends every time your team wins! Free limited-time trial at http://www.AllSportsMarket.com/Index.asp?Refer=delomail



________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 25
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:25:52 -0600
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: rear speaker replacement

I didn't even bother with that, I just pulled the panel out from the back, 
poked my arm through
and yanked the speakers out.
They are just sitting there, they are not screwed in.
They are held with a hose clamp but can easily slip out.
I would not bother replacing them because they completely suck.
You are much better off just installing some really good front speakers, or
having some sort of a small rear speaker box until you are ready to install 
decent
speakers into the back wall.
You can get a small little kicker box from Wal-Mart with speakers in them 
for less that $40.
Just yank your rear wires off the speakers by reach from behind the wall 
(after you pull it back)
and plug them into the box.
This will sound much better.

I already went through all of the trouble of installing new 4x10's only to 
find that they SUCK.
There is no back pressure, no way for them to create bass and the 
positioning is wrong.
That is why I am cutom building my own rear BOX, a solid BOX that will have 
air space
for making bass. That's the ONLY way to get it.

- VB
VIN#5278


>From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>
>Reply-To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [DML] Re: rear speaker replacement
>Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 12:26:22 -0500
>
>For those of you who don't wish to damage your rear trim pieces by
>cutting through them, get out a hair dryer, or heat gun, and heat it up,
>and it will just pull off.   You may need a large flat head screw driver
>to get it started.
>
>Good luck!
>
>Josh
>
>
>
>Louie G wrote:
>
> >Cut through the vinyl on the lip around the door with a razor or utility 
>knife, and the panel pretty much pops off.
> >
>
> >Louie Golden
> >VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
>moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>
>For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com
>
>To search the archives or view files, log in at 
>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>

_________________________________________________________________
Check out MSN PC Safety & Security to help ensure your PC is protected and 
safe. http://specials.msn.com/msn/security.asp




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     dmcnews-unsubscribe_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------