From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1929
Date: Monday, March 22, 2004 1:11 PM

1. Re: LEDs
From: "stainlesssteeldmc" <stainlesssteeldmc_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: More performance?
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

3. Re: sound system upgrading
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

4. Re: Computer Governor Experts?
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

5. Re: LEDs
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. Re: LEDs
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

7. RE: Re: sound system upgrading
From: "Alex Wolf" <alex_at_dml_ancira.com>

8. Stiff Gas Pedal
From: "Alex Wolf" <alex_at_dml_ancira.com>

9. Re: wrecked Delorean on ebay Vin # SCEDT26T5BD006447
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

10. Capitalist Country (was LED)
From: "Mike" <mquinto_at_dml_comcast.net>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 02:18:08 -0000
From: "stainlesssteeldmc" <stainlesssteeldmc_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: LEDs

Is this not a Capitalist Country.If the guy wants to try to make
products to better the Delorean Community(and make some money at the
same time)--go for it--thats what I say.Isn't that the spirit that
has kept the Delorean going all these years.If not for the
vendors,these type of sites,and people like Video Bob,and others on
this group(and other groups) that Know the Delorean inside and
out,that are willing of their time and thoughts and Investments,into
the Delorean and the Community,the Delorean would end up,as it ALMOST
did back in  the early 1980's after DMC shut down,Blackballed and
shunned,by the automotive community/industiery.

Just my Dollars Worth
SSDMC

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 02:20:14 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: More performance?

How many people have tried to up the HP on DeLoreans? Generally
speaking, whatever you do will lead to compromises in looks,
durability, emissions, and drivability. Today's 3.0L engines can
yield over 200 hp but what is doing it? The HP is attained through
improvements in ignition, fuel delivery, variable timing, more
valves per cylinder, etc. A typical 200+hp 3.0L today has complete
electronic ignition with a central processor monitoring crankshaft
position, anti knock sensors, throttle position, engine temperature,
air temperature, air flow, atmospheric pressure, fuel system
integrity and exhaust temperature. Fuel systems are extremely
precise and uniform in fuel delivery. All this is being evaluated
and constantly adjusted at processor speeds of 300 MHz or more. This
is certainly no match for our 2.9L D V6.

That said however, the DeLorean V6 can, in my opinion, be improved
best by improving the spark delivery. The stock mechanical spark
system fails to deliver precise spark for efficient burn above 5,000
RPM which is typical for mechanical spark systems. Over the years
several dyno tests people have done including an extensive one done
by DeLorean One on a twin turbo engine of Ed Bernstein's that
showed, in addition to fuel delivery for the twin turbos, spark
could be improved. Improvements in the spark will, I believe,
deliver some key performance enhancements. Short of changing to a
complete electronic spark I have been monitoring DMCH's Nology
Hotwires upgrade and also John Hervey's ignition enhancements. I
have decided to try out DMCH. As soon as the weather breaks here in
NJ (think warmer) I am going to install a kit. My engine mechanical
is completely OEM. I have nearly 40,000 miles on the current tune-up
so I might not be doing a fair before and after comparison but by
the time I get to PF I should have enough miles on it to know how it
is going to behave.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, nicholden_at_dml_y... wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I will be recieving my Delorean very soon and plan on undertaking
> full ground up restoration. I have been looking into the
performance
> upgrade options and quite fancy fitting a belt driven
supercharger.

Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:51:44 -0800 (PST)
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Re: sound system upgrading

I couldn't disagree with your suggestions more lol. My DeLorean is a good example of how a DeLorean with speakers in their stock positions can make great sound. My car has 4 Rockford Fosgate speakers in the stock DeLorean positions, a JVC CD player, and a Pioneer Bass tube with built in amplifier. It sounds terrific, will rattle your brains out if you so desire, while bringing out percussion and guitar parts you never knew existed in your favorite songs. If you really want high quality sound, not just bass, you need AT LEAST 4 speakers, a decent head unit, and some sort of an amplified subwoofer. Another big helper in the DeLorean is adding sound proofing material. The DeLorean is kind of noisy inside from road and engine noise... you won't believe what a difference this will make in regards to your sound system. Several vendors are now selling soundproofing material, or you can go online to someplace like Jegs and get a roll of the stuff and go crazy with it.

--- "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com> wrote:
I didn't even bother with that, I just pulled the panel out from the back,
poked my arm through
and yanked the speakers out.
They are just sitting there, they are not screwed in.
They are held with a hose clamp but can easily slip out.
I would not bother replacing them because they completely suck.
You are much better off just installing some really good front speakers, or
having some sort of a small rear speaker box until you are ready to install
decent
speakers into the back wall.
You can get a small little kicker box from Wal-Mart with speakers in them
for less that $40.
Just yank your rear wires off the speakers by reach from behind the wall
(after you pull it back)
and plug them into the box.
This will sound much better.

I already went through all of the trouble of installing new 4x10's only to
find that they SUCK.
There is no back pressure, no way for them to create bass and the
positioning is wrong.
That is why I am cutom building my own rear BOX, a solid BOX that will have
air space
for making bass. That's the ONLY way to get it.

- VB
VIN#5278

Buy and sell stocks in NFL teams! Get paid dividends every time your team wins! Free limited-time trial at http://www.AllSportsMarket.com/Index.asp?Refer=delomail

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 03:12:01 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Computer Governor Experts?

I have to question how you actually tested the output transisitors. In
many cases you can check them with an ohmmeter and they would look OK
but under load with voltage they break down. Let's assume that they
are good but your voltages on them appear different. The other usual
suspects are bad solder connections (especailly where the cables
connect to the boards) and the small driver transisitors. Don't
overlook a problem with the cable to the solenoids. I have seen some
of them burnt up by the exhaust pipes. Not on Deloreans but on other
cars I have found weird wiring problems that were ultimatley traced to
removing something but forgetting to remove a wire so it got
stretched. From the outside it looked good but inside the wires were
broken. After I repair a shift computer I "bench test" it before I
send it out. I can give you the wiring diagrham. You use a battery
pack, a light box, a bunch of jumper wires, and a variable speed
electric drill to spin the alternator. You can then actually watch it
"shift" as you change the speed of the alternator. You can switch the
output transistors and see if the trouble moves to the other solenoid.
Same for the driver transistors.
 Test the solenoids to ground and make sure they are both insulated
from ground. A grounded solenoid won't work and could blow an output
transistor. From my notes the solenoid coils have a resistance of 1/4
ohm each and infinity to ground.
 You are correct in that 1st gear both solenoids are powered, 2nd gear
only 1 and in 3rd neither has power. This is good in that you would
assume a driven car would spend most of it's time in 3rd gear and the
"limp home" or failure mode is a gear that you could get the car home
in without overrevving the engine. It may take a while to get moving
but if you go easy you could do it.

Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:14:26 -0600
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

I think that this is a new addition.
Before my antenna venture, I asked around, and here on the list and no one
knew.
I searched the net for "delorean antenna" etc.... and found nothing.
I wonder if DMCH added this to thier website recently?
....not long ago I I met with Steven and showed him my antenna kit, and also
mentioned that I had written a "how to" that might get published in DCS mag
soon.
He thought that was rather interesting.....

Well, that is a very good looking kit and if I had found it I would have
bought it.
However, I am now steeped up to the gills in my own online store and I have
invested
a lot of money into stock of antennas, LED's and BTTF stuff!
Just today I personally installed one of my antennas on EJ's car in Fort
Worth.
It was a snap and it works perfect, he was more that pleased to see how fast
that
5 mast stainless steel rod shoots up in the air.
I think mine is a bargain at half the price of the DMCH version.
At least we all have a choice now.
...that's what it's all about.

- Videobob
VIN#5278
http://www.dfwdmc.com

> [...]
> > First off,
> > I don't sell brakes, altenators, spark plugs or any of the stuff that
> > there
> > is already a well established source for. These sellers don't need more
> > competition.
> > It is healthy competition that keeps all the prices low.
> > If not for Hervey, Grady and others then Houston would have the
> > monopoly
> > that D1 had for so
> > long and would charge whatever they wanted.
> > DMCH has the most amount of overhead compared to anyone else out there
> > so
> > they
> > have to do what they can do to recover thier investment.
> >
> > As for my Indiglo dashes, as I explained before your sarcasm.... the
> > one
> > that is available
> > is not an exact replica of the original dash but a new rendition.
> > I want one that looks exactly like the OEM.
> > If DART wants to stat making them then I will just get one from them.
> > It seems that so many people come up with a new innovative product,
> > but only
> > work on it part time and do not give it thier full attention.
> > I have the spare time to do this.
> >
> > About the LED's, the subject comes up a lot but no one has ever
> > offered them
> > for sale as a kit - until me.
> >
> > My radio wire harness adapters?
> > Yes, I know there was someone else selling these at one time.
> > I wanted to order one from them but for months and they were
> > "out of stock" and they told me that they had no plans of getting more.
> > So again I researched my ass off on the net, and went to every
> > electronics
> > supply until I finally found them, and I invested in a big box of them.
> > My hard work will now supply every Delorean owner with a cheap and easy
> > solution
> > to cutting up thier wire harness and simply plugging in a radio for
> > LESS
> > than the cost
> > of any other OEM radio adapter you would buy at Best-Buy.
> >
> > As for Flux Capacitors,
> > there is no exlusive on those, and my site specializes in BTTF items.
> > I have a lot of them and I am constantly adding on.
> > No one else has invested into making up a the best looking batch of
> > 2015
> > plates,
> > or OUTATIME plates that look like mine.
> > Mine are the best, and don't look like home made.
> >
> > As for the electric antennas,
> > Can you show me ONE SINGLE SELLER that has these listed on thier
> > website?
> > I searched for months to find one and couldn't so when I did find them
> > bought
> > extra so I could help others get them.
> >
> > Random eBay sales do not count.
> > I have an online store with items IN STOCK.
> >
> > My products are all items that I felt were neccesary and were not

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page  FREE
download! http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/

Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:20:02 -0600
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Your absolutely right, and I apologize for that.
However, I don't think that I actually said that...however that was the
'jist of it
and it is the same thing.
Trust me, I have already been chastised by a few and had my balls busted all
week.
I am feeling a little defensive lately.
It seems that some of my posts have come out the wrong way.
I am still a newbie, full of piss and vinegar, etc... and on fire about my
car.
I am sure many of you remember being this way.
I always tackle things by the horns and try to conquer them.

Hopefully, my products and my prices will build my reputation for me.
So far everyone I have sold to has been super pleased with my stuff.

My appologize to those who feel like I have offended you.
I know most of you by now and like you all - you know who you are.
- Videobob

>From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>
>To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: Re: [DML] LEDs
>Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:01:01 -0600
>
>I think he just meant his comments in a joking manner. It's very easy to
>misconstrue what a person types into an email. What sounds funny and
>harmless to one person, another might take offense to. I don't think it's
>that anyone doesn't appreciate what you are doing, I think it's when you
>say
>things like "Mine are the best, and don't look like home made". The other
>vendors introduce products and let the general community comment on the
>quality of their merchandise. Saying that your products are the best
>insinuates that every one else's aren't, and you can probably see how this
>could put some people off. If your products are the best, people will
>definitely make comments on the list stating this. You may just want to
>read
>through some of your emails before you hit send (this goes for everyone).

Find a broadband plan that fits. Great local deals on high-speed Internet
access. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/

Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 22:00:16 -0600
From: "Alex Wolf" <alex_at_dml_ancira.com>
Subject: RE: Re: sound system upgrading

My PO installed 6x9's on the rear wall, and they sound bad also. I am
getting the radio replaced, and adding Infinity 3" in the dash, and
going to try the Infinity 6x9's in the rear wall. Its easier than
installing a new rear wall to cover the holes. I also saw DMCH install a
8" subwoofer in the compartment behind the drivers seat, using the space
behind it as a box. Sounded great!

Alex Wolf
Internet Manager
Ancira Dealerships
210-231-4214
210-393-0346 (cell)

> [...]

>From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>
>To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [DML] Re: rear speaker replacement
>Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 12:26:22 -0500
>
>For those of you who don't wish to damage your rear trim pieces by
>cutting through them, get out a hair dryer, or heat gun, and heat it
up,
>and it will just pull off.   You may need a large flat head screw
driver
>to get it started.
>
>Good luck!
>
>Josh
>

>Louie G wrote:
>
> >Cut through the vinyl on the lip around the door with a razor or
utility
>knife, and the panel pretty much pops off.
> >

> >Louie Golden
> >VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC

>For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see

Check out MSN PC Safety & Security to help ensure your PC is protected

Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:58:20 -0600
From: "Alex Wolf" <alex_at_dml_ancira.com>
Subject: Stiff Gas Pedal

I had the pleasure of driving another D today, and I noticed how STIFF
my gas pedal is. Its tough to give it gas, how can this be adjusted?

Alex Wolf
Internet Manager
Ancira Dealerships
210-231-4214
210-393-0346 (cell)

Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 22:52:46 EST
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: wrecked Delorean on ebay Vin # SCEDT26T5BD006447

We just recently repaired a car in much worse shape that this one
as a matter of fact the insurance wanted to total it.
They were talked out of it and the front end was actually repaired and it was
worse than the one you see on e-bay

You would be hard pressed to even find the repair at this point.  Quite a few
people were involved in this one.

The car now is actually in much better shape than it was before and drove in
the st patricks day parade here in cincinnati.

Sometimes these horrible looking cars are easier to fix and can be fixed
better than a car that is intact and rusted shut with damage to many other parts.

I am tapped out right now with 8 DeLoreans so I would need a great deal to be
able to buy this one.

I already have someone 7 miles away that will pick it up for me so that part
is done.
Wish me luck on ebay

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 07:19:34 -0000
From: "Mike" <mquinto_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Capitalist Country (was LED)

Hello Bob and list,
  Bob, first I would like to say is, this is a free country. And you
can do anything or sell anything you want. I don't know if Jakes
post was out of fun or he was being sarcastic. But I agree with what
he wrote either way. I have been on this list for 5 years now. Some
list members even longer. We have all seen new DeLorean owners get a
little excited over the years about their cars. They want to be part
of the DeLorean community so bad and help with either the depletion
of parts or upgrades by selling their stuff. Allot of them don't
last very long.

  For example: there was a gentlemen who wanted to make a DeLorean
model. At the time there was no Sunstar DeLorean or other DeLorean
model out there.
This gentlemen told the group he had experience in making models and
promised the list he could make it a true replica. He took cash
advances from some list members and started his project. Long story
short some models delivered, others not. It was a bad scene that
left a bad taste in some mouths for a long time.  He was a good guy
who got in way over his head.
Door openers was another issue awhile back. One person getting angry
at another for giving away free advice. While the other wants to
sell it.

  There have been great people on this list that have given free
advice and their time to helping the DeLorean community.
You have to ask yourself are you helping the DeLorean community?
Flux capacitors? Radio harnesses? Antennas? Speaker Boxes?
If you found a supplier out there who sells a better mousetrap, then
why not let this list know who they are. It would be better than
going through a middle man. Then you become one of the great people
that have helped this community.

  I have given advice to this list where to buy and how to install
LED's on our DeLorean's. The gentlemen from Japan Hideki Okamura has
done the same as well.
A majority of these bulbs are available from loads of online
vendors. You can also purchase them from many auto parts stores like
AutoZone.
At one time I entertained the idea of having Torsion bars
reproduced. I talked to James Espey (the founder of this List) about
it. I decided that it wouldn't be worth it to me. Reason, how many
Torsion bars would I actually sell! Just because there rare doesn't
mean we needed them. On average how many DeLorean owners break
torsion bars a year? Not many, and the 2 or 3 a year that do. Still
wouldn't have covered the cost of the tooling and setup. So I gave
all information I had to James at DMCH. They can handle that venture
allot better than I could.

  I'm also I big fan of replicas. I own quite a few replica pieces.
I purchased them from a company called www.masterreplicas.com. They
are of great value especially the ones you can't get anymore.
I thought about purchasing some of the BTTF items being sold by
members on this list or Ebay. And believe me they are nice pieces.
But one thing that kept
me from purchasing such replicas. VALUE. If I purchase a Flux
Capacitor for $300 from some guy, it becomes nothing more than a
novelty item of no value. If I purchase a Flux Capacitor that is
NUMBERED, LIMITED RUN, AND LICENSED, it becomes a museum replica
that increases in value.
If anyone is interest in purchasing BTTF related replicas contact
Master Replicas. They want customers recommendations to go after new
licenses. Just tell them what you want. We might start seeing Flux
Capacitors, Time Circuits, Mr. Fusions, Replicas.

Bob please don't feel that I'm attacking you or ganging up on. I'm
sure your a nice guy who means well.

Good Luck on your new venture,

Mike
Vin #1113