From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1930
Date: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 1:22 PM

1. Re: Cutting Interior Trim Panels To Access Rear Speakers
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

2. RE: Re: sound system upgrading
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. Re: wrecked Delorean on ebay Vin # SCEDT26T5BD006447
From: "TalksToGod" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

4. Re: Re: sound system upgrading
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

5. Re: Not Starting
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

6. Owner of VIN 2926 - Are you out there?
From: "gregguillot" <greg_at_dml_theguillots.com>

7. Re: sound system upgrading
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

8. RE: Air Bleed Screw
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>

9. Delorean values
From: "nilkcirb" <nilkcirb_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: Stiff Gas Pedal
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

11. RE: Dashboard trim help...
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>

12. Please trim your quotes!
From: Jan van de Wouw <delorean_at_dml_home.nl>

13. Re: Business ethics
From: "bfcoulombenasa" <bfcoulombe_at_dml_cfl.rr.com>

14. Good Price?
From: "gzapf" <gzapf_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. Chevrolet Delorean
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

16. 5 Speed/ Grey - On eBay in Texas
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

17. Re: Capitalist Country (was LED)
From: "dmc12jp" <hidesuke_at_dml_anet.ne.jp>

18. Bill Collins
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>

19. Re: 5 Speed/ Grey - On eBay in Texas
From: "joeyoseppi" <joeyoseppi_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. Re: Chevrolet Delorean
From: "Rustproof" <Rustproof_at_dml_comcast.net>

21. Re: Delorean values
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

22. Re: Good Price?
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

23. Re: Good Price?
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

24. Re: Business ethics
From: "Tom" <tomcio_at_dml_gtemail.net>

25. A/C Fascia Panel Reproduction? WHEN?
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_netcom.no>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 04:06:26 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Cutting Interior Trim Panels To Access Rear Speakers

What Louie is trying to explain is:

Vinyl covering the interior trim panel wraps around the same underbody
lip that holds inner door weatherstrip. Is glued *ON THE OUTSIDE* with
the only adhesive that still survives on the car (adhesive now is in
fact stronger than the vinyl).

Rather than struggling with it, simply slide a utility knife along the
"knife edge" of that lip. Interior panel will then pop right off.
Super glued vinyl remains in place on the outside of the lip.

Word of caution: 20+ year old DeLo underbodies are *BRITTLE*. If your
utility knife doesn't remain parallel the the lip, it will slice right
into it like a knife through butter. Something to think about the next
time you're cruising at 80 MPH sitting inches from the pavement on
fiberglass of questionable structural integrity (remember: the frame
is *NEXT* to you, not *UNDER* you).

Inner door weatherstrip holds the re-installed trim panel no problem
without any additional adhesive on the inside of the lip (where there
never was any to begin with).

While the panels are off the car, take the opportunity to
repair/reinforce the armrest extension brackets (replace pop rivets
with small bolts and fender washers). You'll need a hole saw to drill
access from the backside. This will prevent the arm rest extensions
from ever ripping loose again.

I personally don't have any problem with sound quality of the 4x10's.
If you can't find them locally, JC Whitney sells generic 3 ways: Stock
#03SC7304W $24.00 per pair.

>--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Louie G <louie_at_dml_d...> wrote:
> I had a feeling there would be some objections to cutting the edge
of the vinyl panel from the fiberglass. If you can heat it up and get
it to peel off that's certainly the way to go. The vinyl on Bill's car
was just so brittle it kept snapping off and breaking where we'd try
to peel it away from the underbody. So rather than damage his trim
panel, we just took a razor to it. If you do it carefully it won't
make any difference when you reglue it and put the inner door seal
back over it.

> Louie Golden
> VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC
>

> --- "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_d...> wrote:
> NO NO NO - rather than cutting the vinyl of those expensive side
> panels, simply pull the large door weatherstripping off, heat the
> vinyl with a good hair dryer, and gently unwrap the vinyl from the
> body. To reinstall it, glue it back in with 3M spray trim adhesive
> (the same stuff you use on the headliner). Heating it when you go to
> reinstall it helps too. This is much neater when finished and avoids
> cutting the vinyl.
>
> Dave S

> Buy and sell stocks in NFL teams! Get paid dividends every time your
team wins! Free limited-time trial at
http://www.AllSportsMarket.com/Index.asp?Refer=delomail

Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 22:10:52 -0600
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: sound system upgrading

I have spent a lot of effort last week on the radio.
I replaced the two front 3 1/2" speakers with Rockford Fozgate's.
Getting them out is EASY, putting them back in?
I would rather wrestle a badger naked.
I had to pull the seats out and lie upside down with my feet in the air.
Unless you work for Cirque de Soleil on your spare time, this will kick your
ass.
The biggest problem was that when ever the socket got near the speaker, the
magnet would suck the little nut out and it would stick to the side.
I managed to finally get it to work when I use my trusty DUCT TAPE and
wrapped
a little strip around the end of the socket to hold the nut in.
This finally worked.
The other issue is that almost all of the speakers now-a-days have a little
tweeter sticking up in the middle.
To compenate for this I first thread on one of the same sized nuts as a
spacer.
(washers will never work because you will never get them to stay in place)
I also ended up bending the "ears" of the speaker to give more space.

I installed DMCH's stereo panel, which is a little flymsie and needed to be
painted black.
I used some textured black BBQ paint and it looks good.
(avoid glossy paint, look for something textured and flat black, out door
use, scratch resistant.)
This also kicked my ass....because you have to rip out the whole center
console.
AAAAHHHHRRRGGGGG!
Of course I used one of *my* radio harness kits, making thing easier!
And while I was in there I wired up an extra cigarette lighter socket and
mounted it
under the right knee pan on the drivers side so I could plug in a radar
detector, or etc...

My head amp is awesome.
It is the Sony MEX-HD1.
This has a 10 gig hard drive and plays MP3's and stuff, it is the most
awesome stereo
ever built and worth every bit of the $1000 it costs!
(picked up mine on eBay for $600, but seen them at Circut City for $800)

As for my rear speakers - I yanked em out and left the wires handy to get
to.
I have already mentioned that I am building a custom speaker box that will
look facotry
and will be flush against the wall, but equal to the back window.
It will have the Flux Capaicitor in the middle, an AMP, and either 6x9's or
8's,
I haven't decided yet.
I am also thinking of putting an 8" sub behind the seat in the compartment.

Ya'll will all see it in PF.
- VB

> [...]
>engine noise... you won't believe what a difference this will make in
>regards to your sound system. Several vendors are now selling soundproofing
>material, or you can go online to someplace like Jegs and get a roll of the
>stuff and go crazy with it.
>

>--- "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com> wrote:
>I didn't even bother with that, I just pulled the panel out from the back,
>poked my arm through
>and yanked the speakers out.
>They are just sitting there, they are not screwed in.
>They are held with a hose clamp but can easily slip out.
>I would not bother replacing them because they completely suck.
>You are much better off just installing some really good front speakers, or
>having some sort of a small rear speaker box until you are ready to install
>decent
>speakers into the back wall.
>You can get a small little kicker box from Wal-Mart with speakers in them
>for less that $40.
>Just yank your rear wires off the speakers by reach from behind the wall
>(after you pull it back)
>and plug them into the box.
>This will sound much better.
>
>I already went through all of the trouble of installing new 4x10's only to
>find that they SUCK.
>There is no back pressure, no way for them to create bass and the
>positioning is wrong.
>That is why I am cutom building my own rear BOX, a solid BOX that will have
>air space
>for making bass. That's the ONLY way to get it.
>
>- VB
>VIN#5278
>

> >From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>
> >To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
> >Subject: Re: [DML] Re: rear speaker replacement
> >Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 12:26:22 -0500
> >
> >For those of you who don't wish to damage your rear trim pieces by
> >cutting through them, get out a hair dryer, or heat gun, and heat it up,
> >and it will just pull off.   You may need a large flat head screw driver
> >to get it started.
> >
> >Good luck!
> >
> >Josh
> >

> >Louie G wrote:
> >
> > >Cut through the vinyl on the lip around the door with a razor or
>utility
> >knife, and the panel pretty much pops off.
> > >

> > >Louie Golden
> > >VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC
> > >

> >To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
> >moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
> >
> >For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see
>www.dmcnews.com

> >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
> >Yahoo! Groups Links

>Check out MSN PC Safety & Security to help ensure your PC is protected and
>safe. http://specials.msn.com/msn/security.asp

>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews

>Buy and sell stocks in NFL teams! Get paid dividends every time your team

All the action. All the drama. Get NCAA hoops coverage at MSN Sports by
ESPN. http://msn.espn.go.com/index.html?partnersite=espn

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 04:20:42 -0000
From: "TalksToGod" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Re: wrecked Delorean on ebay Vin # SCEDT26T5BD006447

Where I work we always repair damages like this- front end/rear end
collisions, we just took a 99 Chevy Metro that was hit in the
side-whole side pushed in, and it now looks like it is brand new right
off the assy. line. Do not be affraid of purchasing something like
this, as long as you get details on the repairs you will be buying
something that is just as good as a regular DeLorean not crashed. Some
people are skeptical, but it is all up to the person buying, everyones
looking for something different. #5003-Dan Benedek

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:53:56 -0500
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 3/21/2004 9:51:44 PM Eastern Standard Time, louie_at_dml_delorean.com writes:

>  If you really want high quality sound, not just bass, you need AT LEAST 4 speakers, a decent head unit, and some sort
> of an amplified subwoofer.

<<<<
Louis,

Sounds like you are on the right track.  I would recommend calling up Don Steger and getting a pair of his kick panel speakers as well.  If you think the front sounds good now, how about having 4 speakers just in the front???  The main advantage is that the lower ones give more mid range kick and fill in the dead spot below you neck.  The front sound stage really comes to life when you get those lower speakers in.

Please look me up in Pigeon Forge - I'll show you some ideas!

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 04:32:33 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Not Starting

I'll second David T's electrical suspicions. An old mechanic once told
me that 9 out of 10 engine problems are electrical. My own experiences
have since verified him correct.

Did it to myself recently on the DeLo: Reinstalling all those wires on
the hot side of the starter solenoid, I accidently allowed one eye to
contact someplace that created a dead short. Engine started and ran
just fine until I lost the negative side of the battery (which of
course killed ignition). Since the battery was now dead too, didn't
take long to diagnose what I'd done. Yet another electrical engine
problem.

Have since run a single pigtail from the solenoid to a mid air wire
junction (wrapped in electrical tape) to make future starter motor
reinstallation easier.

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 05:36:04 -0000
From: "gregguillot" <greg_at_dml_theguillots.com>
Subject: Owner of VIN 2926 - Are you out there?

Troy,

This is Greg Guillot - you purchased #2926 from me back in 2000. Do
you still have it? How's it coming along? I've still got the bug and
will probably be buying another D in the near future.

Greg Guillot

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:20:01 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: sound system upgrading

I would be careful about "going crazy" with soundproofing materiel.
The heavy rubber stuff with the adhesive on one side adds a lot of
weight. The careful use of it might be OK but you can use all the
fiberglass fill you want with almost no weight penalty. Before adding
a lot of soundproofing materiel check out the weatherstripping around
the doors. Replacing them with new door seals will make a BIG
difference and there is no weight penalty. Check all the openings
under the dash and seal them up too. Another spot is the rear window.
Make sure it is sealed all around especailly on the bottom. You reduce
road noise and you will reduce the drafts. Not only do you want a good
sounding sound system, you don't want the car to move like a slug!
Because the car is already underpowered any additional weight will
have a big impact on performance.

quality  view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:05:10 +0000
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Air Bleed Screw

The fitting end of oxygen tubing fits quite nicely over the bleeder valve.
Snip off the canula end, and voila! you have a pretty good length of bleeder
hose for coolant bleeding, clutch bleeding, or brake bleeding.  Just a
Nurse-type tid-bit for your enjoyment.      Drive Stainless    Robert   VIN
6924

From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>
To: "'dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com'" <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [DML] Air Bleed Screw
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:40:15 -0500

If I was you I'd just get John Hervey's bleed kit. The hose returns coolant
back into the system eliminating the need to bleed the system ever again.
It's one of the best aftermarket pieces I've bought and it installs in about
5 minutes.

http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-images/air-bleeder.jpg

Get reliable access on MSN 9 Dial-up. 3 months for the price of 1!
(Limited-time offer) http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 06:40:47 -0000
From: "nilkcirb" <nilkcirb_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Delorean values

Delorean values

Looking up the retail values on a 1981 Delorean on the NADA retail
guides on the internet,this is what I found the values to be,check
out the part that says about the 30% premium!! I guess they favor the
DMC of Texas over D1's refurbished cars.I must say they are doing
pretty good value wise.

1981 Delorean DMC-12 Gullwing
2 Door Sports Coupe

  MODELS PROFESSIONALLY RESTORED OR REFURBISHED BY DELOREAN MOTOR
COMPANY MAY BRING A CONSIDERABLE PREMIUM (UP TO 30%) OVER VALUES
LISTED.
  MSRP
Original Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price when new
$27,500
        Low Retail Average Retail High Retail
  Base Price   $9,050 $17,400 $27,500

  Total Price   $9,050 $17,400 $27,500
  Other Vehicle Information
Model Number:  N/A
Weight:  2712

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:26:06 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Stiff Gas Pedal

Your options are:
change the position of the spring inside the throttle spool to another
notch
lubricate the cable as per the recall
Maybe a PO added an additional spring because the throttle cable is
stiff and does not return to idle.
maybe you might have to replace the throttle cable.
It should not be too hard because it gets tiring and hard to
accurately control the throttle. It needs to be hard enough so it
returns to idle reliably and not so loose that just resting your foot
on it causes you to go 30 MPH.

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:18:36 +0000
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Dashboard trim help...

Be careful with the clamps!!!!     Mr. Brightness, here, used large spring
clamps to hold the trim in place, and got a bit of a tear in the binnacle
top from a clamp corner.  (Yes, I have a new binnacle in bubble wrap, but I
would like to repair the original)    Better ideas?         Drive Stainless
  Robert    VIN 6924

From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [DML] Dashboard trim help...
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 23:32:37 -0600

Funny you mention this, because I was going to address this.
My plan was to use some glue, like "Gorilla glue" or epoxy, as well as some
clamps to hold it in place while it dries.
Anyone else deal with this before?
- VB

 >From: billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com
 >To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
 >Subject: [DML] Dashboard trim help...
 >Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 21:06:44 EST
 >
 >Just wanted to know if anyone has fixed this problem....The black plastic
 >trim that goes around the inside of the binnacle and above the dash lens
 >has
 >started to pull away at the top.It looks kind of like a sagging headliner
 >of the
 >dashboard :-)  You can even see the glue in the opening. I have seen
 >several
 >cars with this similar problem. I am guessing any sort of rubber cement
and
 >then
 >securing the black trim piece until it sets would fix it...anyone repair
 >this
 >on your car can tell me what glue they used?? I sometimes have trouble
 >glueing plastics...
 >
 >thanks
 >Mike C
 >2109

 >For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see

 >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page  FREE
download! http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 01:03:04 +0100
From: Jan van de Wouw <delorean_at_dml_home.nl>
Subject: Please trim your quotes!

Hello everyone,

I've been on "lurk mode" for most of the past time,
just reading all messages and it really annoys me
that no one seems to trim their quotes anymore...

There is really NO need for including 3 or more
footer by yahoo several times...

I will not point a finger at anyone, but there are
several messages of several thousand characters long
that only contain LESS than 1000 characters in response...

So please, trim your quotes, help keep down the used bandwidth

JAN van de Wouw

Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000
--------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:35:29 -0000
From: "bfcoulombenasa" <bfcoulombe_at_dml_cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Business ethics

*****  Moderator's Note  *****

This is running the risk of getting personal.  Keep it civil or
take it offline.

Mike G
*****

Bob. Maybe you should re-evaluate your professional business ethics.
Then these folks might start to give you some respect. But you have
to earn it. Stop criticizing other vendors work and worry about your
own. Stop stealing from and start respecting vendors with "Licenses
and Authorization". Stop using other vendors products to promote your
own. Start doing your own Research, Engineering, and Developement.
Don't piggyback off the backs of other vendors. And by the way, The
Flux Capacitor you recently purchased from me and then tore apart to
analyze, scrutinize, copy and publicly criticize is now void of all
warranties.
Good luck to what ever you settle on.
Bruce F.Coulombe

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 00:13:41 -0000
From: "gzapf" <gzapf_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Good Price?

I'm currently looking at a Delorean with some good aspects and some
bad aspects for $15,000, and would like to get a feel from the
community to see if this is a good deal or a mistake:

Pros:
+14k miles
+engine seems to be in good condition
+body is pretty nice, very few issues
+interior is nice, very few issues

Cons:
-Rear-view mirror has been broken off and a cheap, other kind has been
placed below the epoxied hole in the windshield
-Tires are original and beginning to crack
-door, engine struts need replacement (simple enough to fix though)
-instrument light rheostat knob spins freely, could be missing the
rheostat itself
-driven less than 200 miles in over a decade (probably not spread out)
-clock is dead
-one wheel has a chunk missing from curb rash (visual issue, function
seems fine)
-has some electrical problems (headlights not working), and some
running problems (takes forever to get out of first gear, (auto)), but
the seller will be correcting these this week

I'm ready to buy it, and none of this type of wear seems extraordinary
for a 1981 vehicle, but I'm wondering if this is more like the
problems to expect on a Delorean priced much lower?  Should one at
this price be in much better condition?

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 18:38:06 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Chevrolet Delorean

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/
eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31830&item=2468989129

Mark V

Come see all of my Photo's at my Website's
http://photos.yahoo.com/snextime
http://www.exoticrides.com/galleries/showgallery.php?ppuser=57

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 03:33:23 -0000
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: 5 Speed/ Grey - On eBay in Texas

If anyone is interested in this car:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31830&item=2468989129

They claim it has 450 original miles, and has never been titled.

I can check it out for you if you need since I am near by.
I would'nt mind checking it out anyway!

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 01:47:49 -0000
From: "dmc12jp" <hidesuke_at_dml_anet.ne.jp>
Subject: Re: Capitalist Country (was LED)

Thank you very much for acknowledging my contribution, Mike!

I totally agree with you, Mike. And I appreciate what Bob is doing.
If we can get a set of LED bulbs at a fair price which is proved
to fit our cars it certainly benefits us. LEDs are definitely good
for our cars at least for the A/C panels, dash, and door lamps.

I replaced my A/C panel with LEDs out of a fear that the bezel
might melt from the significant amount of heat the Incandescence
bulbs produce. It also relieves the strain on the weak electrical
system of my car to some extent. Moreover, it reduces the chances
of having a burnt bulb, so you need to open up your A/C panel
less frequently. As an added bonus, my A/C panel now looks much
crisper than before. I do not like modifying the looks of our cars
but I think it is necessary to keep updating our cars using modern
technology, so that our cars becomes more reliable and last longer.

DML is full of amazing guys and they are always willing to help
others. I learnt a lot from DML and wanted to return what I seemed
 to be able to offer.

Best,
Hideki Okamura
Tokyo, Japan
http://homepage.mac.com/h.o/

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mquinto_at_dml_c...> wrote:
>   I have given advice to this list where to buy and how to install
> LED's on our DeLorean's. The gentlemen from Japan Hideki Okamura
has done the same as well.

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:25:24 -0600
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Bill Collins

I thought some people on the list might have an interest in this. From time to time someone will ask what happened to certain people involved in DMC that we haven't heard from in awhile. One of those people is Bill Collins. As some of you know, Bill went on to work for AMC and then formed Vixen Motor Company with Bob Dewey. In my search for all information Delorean related, I joined the Vixen Owners Association, partly to get more information about Vixen Motor Company and its demise. It looks like Bill has been active in the owners association since the company shut down in 1989. It lists his address, phone number, and email, but I have no idea what his attitude is towards Deloreans or if he has any interest in this list. Although it looks like I'm not going to be able to go to the show, he would make a great addition. Any thoughts Ken? It may be too short notice for Pigeon Forge, but it would be nice to see him at the next one.

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 05:13:23 -0000
From: "joeyoseppi" <joeyoseppi_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: 5 Speed/ Grey - On eBay in Texas

Go ahead and check it out, it looks like it is rough shape for only
450 miles, doesn't appear to be stored very well. If you don't mind
since you appear to be the closest, give it a good look over
andreport back with you findings.

Joe

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 00:34:17 -0500
From: "Rustproof" <Rustproof_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Chevrolet Delorean

450 miles? Ripped seats?  No title? Chevrolet? Hmmmm...Is he kidding? By the
look of those melted headlight eyebrows, that car saw a lot more than 450
miles.They must have done most of their driving in the dark with a 450lb guy
riding shotgun. What's up with that blown out passenger seat and the
collapsed right side shocks? If that wasn't enough, most of the dash looks
like it was re-upholstered by Jethro Bodine.  Perhaps he forgot to mention a
broken angle drive somewhere along the line? (That might explain the
mileage) That's looks like a headache just waiting to happen...
Rustproof

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:24:36 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Delorean values

Hint - Take a look in the NADA guide (go buy the physical book) at
who the DeLorean reference authority is for NADA.

Dave S

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:11:51 -0000
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Good Price?

Personally, I feel with the issues that car has, the price is too
high.  Do this: take all of the problems you listed, call a vendor,
let them know what the problems are and ask for a rough estimate.
Then tell the seller it's gonna cost you $XXXX to get it reparied.
Then counter the offer.

I've heard worse, but I'm also willing to bet the fuel sysem is shot
too.

Johnny
5518

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 07:52:44 -0800 (PST)
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

I've discouraged people in the past from buying cars like this. But if you're mechanically competent, are really ready to get your hands dirty with a DeLorean, and this is the one you want, go for it. I'd definately try and get the price lower for the defects the car has. Around $12k-$13k sounds about right to me. Just remember low mileage on a DeLorean isn't really a great thing. And just because they look like new doesn't mean they're going to behave and be as reliable as a new car. Like any car, DeLoreans deteriorate badly when they sit. You'll be amazed at what you'll have to replace on this car, and the time and money it takes to do so. But again, if this is what you're going for... a mechanical restoration, by all means buy the car. If you just want a nice car to drive and enjoy without too much fuss, I'd keep looking though.

Louie Golden
VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 18:51:49 +0100
From: "Tom" <tomcio_at_dml_gtemail.net>

Hello everyone

Bob, I'm reading your posts and think that you really should mention that
you are NOT doing any research. I would also disagree that you are just
trying to help the D community... in my personal opinion you are just trying
to make some money (and that's ok, nothing wrong with that), but you should
do your own research instead of stealing someone elses work/research. Yes,
finding the right part that really works costs money!
You said that you couldn't find an antenna that will fit the DeLorean
anywhere. Well, it is NOT true. You bought your first antenna from my
brother on eBay. You did NOT do any research (except searching the eBay) and
you stole what I have invested in finding the antenna and getting the
initial supply to my brother.
Bob, when you say how you found the product you should tell the truth,
believe me, it might come back to bite you in the future. It seems that one
idea for "your" parts came from Bruce F.Coulombe, another one from me, yet
another are the gauges.
It is a free country, but what you are doing is just not fair. If you want
to say that you found the perfect part, FIND IT yourself. Don't steal the
idea from someone else.

Tom Niemczewski
tomcio_at_dml_gtemail.net

PS. I understand that this should be a private email, but I think that the
entire DML is entitled to know the truth. It's not ok to claim someone elses
work/research as your own.

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 19:33:38 +0100
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_netcom.no>
Subject: A/C Fascia Panel Reproduction? WHEN?

Why is it so that only the A/C decal for the early cars is available for the A/C Fascia Panel? The decal all vendors seem to sell is the same one seen in the original black DeLorean sales catalog.

But my car, and many others, have the later decal which has only red and blue markings on the hot/cold temperature instead of the early one with a white border around it. Minor difference yes, but then again, most of us want to have the correct part which we are most comfortable with ;-)

When will the later style decal be available? Never or very soon?

What I would really like to see is a completely new plastic A/C fascia panel where the colors are integrated in the plastic as in modern cars. I'm getting annoyed having to change decals again and again because of the frying heat from the A/C Panel lights. At the same time - PLEASE - can a vendor out there make a batch of BA7 LEDs ? :-) I'm sure those would sell well...

Input appreciated - what are your thoughts - Houston/Grady?

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759