From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1932
Date: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 11:51 AM

1. Fuel Injector line routing
From: "TalksToGod" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

2. RE: Re: rear speaker replacement
From: service_at_dml_techno-concepts.com

3. Re: 1981 wrecked Arizona Delorean on ebay Vin # SCEDT26T5BD006447
From: "Charlie G" <charlie_az_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Re: sound system upgrading (Grounding Each Speaker Individually)
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

5. RE: Re: sound system upgrading
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

6. Re: Fuel Injector line routing
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

7. Re: Chevrolet Delorean
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

8. RE: Re: sound system upgrading
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: A/C Fascia Panel Reproduction? WHEN?
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

10. Memphis mechanic?
From: "gzapf" <gzapf_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Re: Fuel Injector line routing
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

12. Re: A/C Fascia Panel Reproduction? WHEN?
From: Christian Williams <delorean_at_dml_framezero.com>

13. Re: Chevrolet Delorean
From: "Jason Rowe" <rowejj_at_dml_tds.net>

14. Re: Good Price?
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

15. Re: Fuel Injector line routing
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

16. Re: Fuel Injector line routing
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

17. Re: 5 Speed/ Grey - On eBay in Texas
From: Samuel <samuel_yahoo_at_dml_lightspeed.cx>

18. 3723
From: "trekkerlb" <TrekkerLB_at_dml_Netzero.Net>

19. Re: Delorean values
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. Gullwing Magazine
From: "darryl" <darryl_at_dml_techline.com>

21. Re: Re: A/C Fascia Panel Reproduction? WHEN?
From: "Tom" <tomcio_at_dml_gtemail.net>

22. RE: Re: rear speaker replacement
From: "Michael C. Babb" <michael_at_dml_babbtechnology.com>

23. Re: A/C Fascia Panel Reproduction? WHEN?
From: "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_hawes74.freeserve.co.uk>

24. AC Panel Lights and excessive heat damage
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>

25. Car Show Tri-Fold
From: "Michael C. Babb" <michael_at_dml_babbtechnology.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:58:45 -0000
From: "TalksToGod" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Fuel Injector line routing

I am looking at dmcnews fuel injector line routing, and when comparing
it to the routing I have on the car now, my 5 and 6 cylinder lines are
switched. Does this really make a difference? Thanks  Dan Benedek #5003

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:42:28 -0500
From: service_at_dml_techno-concepts.com
Subject: RE: Re: rear speaker replacement

Bob:
yes the 4x10 really sound bad alone but with some help they add mids and
sound allot better
the biggest sub I could fit is a 8" with the proper size box behind it
in my DeLorean #02700
clarion pro with sat radio
 4 channel kicker 150
 2 channel kicker 75 for the woofer
 6" kicker speakers
 3" Infinity
 4x10" kicker speakers
 8" kicker sub
 6" TV screen
 Dvd player
 Gps
 Game box
all fit in 1 DeLorean and didn't lose 1 inch of space also allot of sound
proofing helps too
and the kick panel speaker do add allot but don't look good and you do kick
them allot so removed them.
I posted some pictures would like some positive feed back.

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:27:12 -0000
From: "Charlie G" <charlie_az_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: 1981 wrecked Arizona Delorean on ebay Vin # SCEDT26T5BD006447

I just saw this clean car today and really its not that bad whomever
owned this car before the owner from ebay, was on the right track, in
bringing it back to life.  It needs lots of love, but has potential!
I wont go into details on the car but its better than what the pics
look like.  And I hope this car is RESTORED rather than parted out...

CG

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:10:35 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: sound system upgrading (Grounding Each Speaker Individually)

The 4 speaker grounds come together within an inch or so of the
factory harness connector. Is easy to make your connections there and
ground each speaker individually. Don't know about blowing anything
up, but you definitely will get terrible feedback otherwise.

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:00:50 -0500
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: RE: Re: sound system upgrading

Could soundproofing add THAT MUCH weight that it would slow down the
car!?  I find that a little hard to swallow.

Kevin Abato
Vin # 16680

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 18:57:07 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Fuel Injector line routing

In a message dated 3/23/04 5:47:59 PM Central Standard Time, 5n-_at_dml_gmx.net
writes:

> I am looking at dmcnews fuel injector line routing, and when comparing
> it to the routing I have on the car now, my 5 and 6 cylinder lines are
> switched. Does this really make a difference? Thanks  Dan Benedek #5003

The lines are only as long as they need to be.  do you mean the lines are too
long and one goes into the wrong port on the head, or are the lines switched
on the distributor itself?  it should make no difference performance-wise but
for clarification during service, you should swap them now.  no trouble there.

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 18:29:20 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Chevrolet Delorean

In a message dated 3/23/04 8:52:30 AM Central Daylight Time,
Rustproof_at_dml_comcast.net writes:

> 450 miles? Ripped seats?  No title? Chevrolet? Hmmmm...Is he kidding? By the
> look of those melted headlight eyebrows, that car saw a lot more than 450
> miles.They must have done most of their driving in the dark with a 450lb guy
> riding shotgun. What's up with that blown out passenger seat and the
> collapsed right side shocks? If that wasn't enough, most of the dash looks
> like it was re-upholstered by Jethro Bodine.  Perhaps he forgot to mention a
> broken angle drive somewhere along the line? (That might explain the
> mileage) That's looks like a headache just waiting to happen...
> Rustproof
> vin 1559

What I want him to explain is why the tripometer shows more milage than the
odometer....

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:43:55 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Bad idea to create pressure on the tweeter to the
dashboard.  you will damage the dashboard, and the
speaker will not sound as good because it does not
have a tight seal around the dash.

There are a number of speakers that will fit
properly..  Go buy a set of them.

Also Bob, you never responded to my direct e-mail
asking you about your DVD...  Are you having a problem
with your mail?

<SNIP>

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:04:02 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: A/C Fascia Panel Reproduction? WHEN?

Why not tie A/C panel illumination to the instrument lights to
minimize stress on the decal? There's no reason to illuminate it in
broad daylight.

I believe Martin G tried LED's in the A/C panel and found them too
focused. Appeared as 4 bright dots rather than diffused.

Hopefully Jan notices I trimmed your post before replying...

>--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_n...> wrote:
>
> What I would really like to see is a completely new plastic A/C
fascia panel where the colors are integrated in the plastic as in
modern cars. I'm getting annoyed having to change decals again and
again because of the frying heat from the A/C Panel lights. At the
same time - PLEASE - can a vendor out there make a batch of BA7 LEDs ?
:-) I'm sure those would sell well...

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 00:44:39 -0000
From: "gzapf" <gzapf_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Memphis mechanic?

Does anyone recommend a mechanic or shop in Memphis, TN or nearby?  Is
there some kind of list of where original DeLorean mechanics work or
where people have had good experiences?

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 18:59:24 -0500
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

Not really with a CIS system (Continuous Injection System)

But wouldn't you want to have it be correct?

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:52:00 -0800 (PST)
From: Christian Williams <delorean_at_dml_framezero.com>

And the other "WHEN?" question is "when was the switch (vin)?" I have the
later panel, but my car is relatively early - #3452. Do I have the wrong
panel?

-Christian

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 19:41:47 -0800
From: "Jason Rowe" <rowejj_at_dml_tds.net>

             Look at the slideshow and take a look at the closeup of the
speedometer. You can see a partial number behind the needle, doesn't
look like a 0,1,2,or 3 to me. It looks like it's angled to me like a 4 which
would be interesting, 497 miles on the odometer, 375 total miles on car.
What's it look like to everyone else?

                             Jason  #5903

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 01:27:22 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Good Price?

I read nearly $3,000 in parts (Windshield, mirror, struts, Trans
Gov, wheel, tires, switches, upgrades???, etc.) - That makes it a
bit high in my book.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "gzapf" <gzapf_at_dml_y...> wrote:
> I'm currently looking at a Delorean with some good aspects and some
> bad aspects for $15,000, and would like to get a feel from the
> community to see if this is a good deal or a mistake:

 Should one at

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 00:01:18 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

Not one bit - apart from cosmetically.

Martin

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 01:42:12 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

If the lines route ok then no.

Harold McElraft - 3354

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:49:25 -0500
From: Samuel <samuel_yahoo_at_dml_lightspeed.cx>
Subject: Re: 5 Speed/ Grey - On eBay in Texas

I was looking at that car's pictures, along with some others and some
points have been brought up.

1. The odometer reads 375.1 miles, yet the trip meter reads 497.6 (you
can see part of the 4 next to the needle and can be verified with a
picture editor to zoom in on). It would also appear that the 0's have
shifted in the odometer so it is very possible that it has rolled over.
2. Carfax claims invalid vin, at least for the free lookup
3. The door is propped up in the 014 picture.
4. Picture 25 shows where a front plate was and the large change in
color on the bumper, also see eyebrows that I would not expect on a car
with low miles
5. The vin is 6312, but it is not listed on the production chronology of
vins known to exist via the directory and company records, is this the
true vin?
6. Arent the facia's suppose to be a darker grey?

I'm not directly trying to make the car sound bad, I'm pointing out
things that dont seem right for the claimed low milage.

Samuel

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 03:26:37 -0000
From: "trekkerlb" <TrekkerLB_at_dml_Netzero.Net>
Subject: 3723

Hi List!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I finally got my first D this
week end.  She came from Monroe NY and I was fortunate enough to find
it on the DMCNews sales page, I've been a member for some months now.

Though she runs better than I anticipated, there are a few things
that are wrong, I thought I'll throw it out here for some feedback.

The passanger window does not open, I figured first check the switch
then power to the motor, if power is there I assume that I'll need to
swap out the motor.

The Drivers door will stay locked if you lock it from the inside.  I
could lock the door outside - in northern NJ that's advisable :) -
then get back in, but if I lock it from the inside, I need to open
the window and unlock from the outside.  Additionally, if the car is
locked, I could open both from the driver's side, but I have to lock
them individually - I don't know if this is how the D's work, or if
something is wrong with mine.

Mine is an automatic - and she tends to run into the 3.5k-4k RPM
range to shift, she's shifting in the 25-28, 50-57 MPH area - can't
tell for sure, I've been injoying driving her too much!  I just want
to make sure this is about right?

A little while back there were a couple of posts from newbies like me
wondering what we should deffinetly look at to make sure we could
keep these babies going, unfortueatly I don't recall any real reply -
if it was done off line, would you mind forwarding the list to me at
TrekkerLB at Netzero.Net.

If anyone is near the Rutherford area in Northern Jersey just let me
know.

As a final point, I want to thank all those who are constantly
providing help, especially to us newbies - hopefully one day I could
be giving back some to all.  I especially want to thank my wife
Daisy - who without, I could not have made this dream come true!

Luis

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:45:57 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Delorean values

I believe DMCH (Stephen) is NADA's source for this
information..  That has been published somewhere.

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:05:34 -0800
From: "darryl" <darryl_at_dml_techline.com>
Subject: Gullwing Magazine

Just got the latest copy of Gullwing Magazine and want to compliment Ron & Co. on another fine job.  And I wanted to add a comment to something Matt Ohlin said on page 30 -  "...for door launchers - if Bob Zilla would ever release them."  Matt, don't you know door launchers have been available for some 15 years, first from their originator and now from the Peterson's DeLorean Parts Northwest (www.delorean-parts.com)?  Why would anyone wait for something that will cost several times as much (if its ever really available) and require the purchase of other related expensive add-ons?  Besides, with what you have already done I bet you could get by with just purchasing the actuators, linkage, and instructions from Toby for even less.  And despite the claims of one well-known detractor, there hasn't been a single failure of those super-lightweight actuators since I started selling them 15 years ago.  As noted 3/20/04 by "John #5860" - "the door openers are awesome & work flawlessly."

Just a public service message.  I have no business relationship with DeLorean Parts Northwest LLC.
(Sorry, Bob.  Gotta tell it like it is.)

Darryl Tinnerstet
(formerly Specialty Automotive)
McCleary, the Middle of Nowhere, WA

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:42:37 +0100
From: "Tom" <tomcio_at_dml_gtemail.net>
Subject: Re: Re: A/C Fascia Panel Reproduction? WHEN?

Hi everyone!

Speaking of the A/C panel. I have been thinking about making a quality
replacement panel with built in LED lighting. But, in order to do that I
would need a panel that will probably end up being destroyed. And here's my
questions to all of you out there:
Does anyone have an old A/C panel that they would be willing to donate to
me?
Almost any condition panel will do as long as it's still pretty much in one
piece. Even if it is melted from the lights it will be OK. Would somebody be
willing to send that panel to me? I will offer something in return... some
cool D part or something. :)
If anyone can help me, please let me know via private email at
tomcio'AT'gtemail.net

Thank you

Tom Niemczewski
tomcio_at_dml_gtemail.net

From: "content22207"

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 07:23:10 -0500
From: "Michael C. Babb" <michael_at_dml_babbtechnology.com>

Ken,

Can you post another picture of the side of your car with the doors
closed. I am curious to see what the complete graphic looks like on the
side (looks cool from what I can see so far)

Michael

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:42:54 -0000
From: "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_hawes74.freeserve.co.uk>

I have seen 3 different designs and they seem to fluctuate around the
vins.... (unless it was a replacement of course).

My car vin 5255 had this one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2454039448&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:UK:1
which was part 108920 and is no longer available from the vendors in this
particular style.

I purchased my replacement to the above from Josh Haldeman which was from
the parted out car 5609.  Although not far from my vin, this later version
is almost identical to my older one apart from the additional 'HOT' and
COOL' marked on it.  The graphics/icons are otherwise identical.  The finish
on my older version was smooth and semi-gloss, where as the later has a
superior matt textured finish which aesthetically looks higher quality and
also hides the marks.

I echo the same concerns that although the backing glue is still tacky, it
will probably start giving up in the near future due to the intense heat of
the continually lit bulbs behind drying it out.  Then the wrinkling will
start : /

If the glue is failing a little on these, I wonder how the other 8000+ other
panels out there are holding up.  Next time you are in the cockpit gently
press the graphics, particularly near where it meets near the holes for the
hazard and headlight switch and see if you hear a tacky/crunchy sound...

This is certainly a part that should be re-manufactured, although I think
the need for 'hot and cold' is a little over the top as the red and blue
graphics really do get the message across.  Today's manufacturing could as
Stian also suggests mean a design with no glued plastic decal sheet and
instead be done with the high level plastics that are now available.

Regard,

Chris Hawes
vin 5255 now with '5609 Inside'

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 07:54:59 -0600
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>
Subject: AC Panel Lights and excessive heat damage

The AC Panel lights have been addressed many times.

Check out the following link, it will tell you how to have the AC panel
lights come on only when the head lights are on.

http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/acpanellites.htm

Also, you can put a resistor in, which will reduce the power available to
the panel lights.  Granted, you are moving the heat produced from the AC
panel lights to the resistor in the relay compartment.

Your mileage may vary.

Scott Mueller
002981
RNDOLA
DOC-UK 357 Magnum
DOA

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:43:31 -0500
From: "Michael C. Babb" <michael_at_dml_babbtechnology.com>
Subject: Car Show Tri-Fold

Hey gang,

In case you haven't seen it before, I have created a "tri-fold" to hand
out to those interested about the car (usually at car shows, etc.)  It
is in the FILES section on groups.yahoo.com and is in a "Car Show
Trifold" folder:

Take a minute to check it out, and if there is any other information
that should be added, changed, etc. please let me know and I will work
on getting it updated.

Please feel free to use this if it appears to be of value.

Thanks!

Michael Babb
Michael at babbtechnology.com