From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1938
Date: Saturday, March 27, 2004 9:10 AM

1. RE: Re: Re: Grounding Each Speaker Individually
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>

2. Re: Re: Re: Grounding Each Speaker Individually
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. Re: JZD House Bedminster Estate on "The Apprentice" last night
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

4. Re: Custom Made Gas-Flap door
From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount_at_dml_juno.com>

5. RE: Re: Re: Grounding Each Speaker Individually (was: sound systemupgrading)
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. Re: Speaker Grounds vs Electrical Grounds
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

7. I need a phone number
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

8. D suddenly not starting / damp outside
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: Grounding Each Speaker Individually
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

10. Does anyone need a CRAIG radio?
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

11. Re: A little history on the Turbo Deloreans?
From: Mike M <kenshin_at_dml_otaku-wired.net>

12. RE: Re: Speaker Grounds vs Electrical Grounds
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

13. RE: Re: Grounding Each Speaker Individually
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

14. Re: Warning For Parts On E-Bay
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. RE: Re: Re: Grounding Each Speaker Individually (was: sound systemupgrading)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

16. Re: Re: JZD House Bedminster Estate on "The Apprentice" last night
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

17. RE: A little history on the Turbo Deloreans?
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. Re: D suddenly not starting / damp outside
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com

19. Pic of the Dragon
From: Noah <sitz_at_dml_onastick.net>

20. Re: D suddenly not starting / damp outside
From: "Jake" <jkampho_at_dml_siue.edu>

21. Re: BROKEN TORSION BAR
From: "joeyoseppi" <joeyoseppi_at_dml_yahoo.com>

22. Re: D suddenly not starting / damp outside
From: "Johan Anelius" <dmc_at_dml_tranceponder.se>

23. RE: Re: sound system upgrading
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

24. Just Enjoy......
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

25. Re: Speaker Grounds vs Electrical Grounds
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:33:54 -0600
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Re: Grounding Each Speaker Individually

How does a Floating ground adaptor work?

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:56:57 -0600
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

With different radios, there will sometimes be an issue of separete grounds
for speakers, etc.
I guess the main thing to focus on here is that with the use of the harness
adapter you can
avoid cutting into the factory harness and make all of your main connections
from the harness adapter.
Most pro audio guys will start from scratch in the first place and will not
use any of the factory wires to begin with.
When I talked to Eric W. about this, he told me how he does his radios and I
would have
to say that if you want something better than average you would use his
methods of running
all new wires, new speaker positions with boxes and etc.....
So for a quick fix for an average CD head unit, and in most cases the
harness adapter will work.
I split the grounds for my speakers and so far there is no issue.
- Videobob

>From: "Henry" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>
>To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: Re: [DML] Re: Re: Grounding Each Speaker Individually
>Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 12:09:44 -0500
>

>I've posted this before.. here is a clear diagram and chart of the pin-outs
>for both the Craig and ASI radio harnesses.
>
>http://www.eskin.net/radioharness.html
>
>The commons are left/right, not front/rear, and in my case, with a new
>Alpine head unit, I had to tap into the individual speaker leads behind the
>radio (in the harness itself) in order to hook up all four grounds
>directly.  I did use one of the wiring harness adapters, and it was useful
>for most connections, but if you're installing most modern radios, it WON'T
>be a plug and play affair due to the separate grounds.
>
>-Hank

>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page  FREE

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:07:48 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: JZD House Bedminster Estate on "The Apprentice" last night

Actually as I understand it JZD filed for bankrupcy protection from
the excessive legal fees from a lawyer in Detroit who wanted an absurd
amount of money for the trouble JZD was in years ago. He filed to
PROTECT his estate from the lawyer. The lawyer was able to convince
the bankrupcy judge that it was in the creditor's best interest to
sell the estate so it was sold by the trustee. JZD had filed a plan
that would have paid most of the fees off but the court didn't go for
it. Generally in a bankrupcy the creditors wind up with pennies on the
dollar, in this case the lawyer got near 100 cents on the dollar! Of
course if anyone has any better, more accurate info I am sure they
will pass it along, this is how I understand what happened. Too bad
the laws in New Jersey aren't like Florida. In Florida they can't take
your house! This was the largest privetely held piece of land in New
Jersey at 454 acres! It has frontage on RT 287.

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 16:44:28 -0500
From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: Re: Custom Made Gas-Flap door

I'm not sure if this is nay-saying or not, but I recently ran across
"tef-gel", which is a teflon-based antiseize made specifically for mixing
aluminum with stainless.

It's rather expensive though.

Jim
1537

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:14:17 -0500 "PJ Grady" <rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com> writes:
> After my post on stainless exhaust studs Martin G. sent me an e-mail
> explaining his negative view on combining stainless and aluminum. He
> suggested a test which involved soaking a head with our s/s stud
> installed
> Now....let the
> nay Sayers begin!
>
> Robert Grady

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 15:28:19 -0600
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Re: Grounding Each Speaker Individually (was: sound systemupgrading)

Actually,. you did attack me personally.
You wrote me a personal note to tell me that I was an "idiot" if I recall
correctly.

Sure, I will address you and the group.

I am self employed at the moment with several positions.
I have been an eBay Power Seller for some time now (about 7 years) and have
been the subject of several news stories because of it. The Dallas Morning
News, a major local paper did a full page article on me about entrepreneurs
like myself who have learned not to punch the time clock and how to make
$100K+ per year while chilling at home.
Since television is my back ground I spend spare time working on television
shows in which I produce such as "NWA-SOUTHWEST Wrestling", "Videobob's
Stupid Movie Of The Week" and "ComiXspotlight". I do a little stand up
comedy on the weekends sometimes, and I like to
travel on my motorcycle (Harley Davidson Electra-Glide Ultra-Classic) when I
feel like it.
I am working on a new show for SPEED called "Wrenching and Riding" which
will be a new
motorcycle show....and I am gearing up to do a major documentary about
DELOREANS for the Discovery Channel.

However, when I did "punch the clock" I had a lot of technical jobs.
In the early 90's I co-owned a TV/VCR repair shop where I repaired VCR's.
For a while I worked for GATEWAY Computers as an upper level tech support as
an A+ certified technician.
Later I worked as Chief Engineer for the "American Independent NetworK" and
handled
over 50 station affiliates. I was in control of all the productions, as well
as designing and building
a completely automated digital on air system.
When I was laid off from AIN along with 50 other people, I decided to stay
out on my own.
That was back in April 2000 and I have been doing 3 times better ever since.

I build and sell custom news production vehicles at the rate of about one
per year on my spare time.
I also have my own line of power supplies that I sell to the video
production industry.
I do voice over work for radio and television, and chances are you may have
heard my voice on
a commercial or two.
I work closely with the "Urban Television Network" and KHPK-28, a local
station here in Dallas
where I do a lot of their production for them, making commercials, etc.
I am a video editor, web page author and my list of hats is long.
I have been on local radio shows, the Howard Stern show, Extra, Dateline and
featured
in GEAR magazine as having one of the "funniest cable access shows ever".
(I ran a cable access show back in the early 90's that got a lot of
attention).

I attend the "National Association of Broadcasters" (NAB) meeting each year,
along with the "Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers" (SMPTE)
and am a member of the "Texas Association of Film and Tape Professionals"
(TAFTP)
and attend other engineering type functions.
My opinions and ideas are usually respected in other forums, however it
seems that I have not yet earned my "Delorean Degree in Engineering" yet.

With all that said, YES, I know how to hook up a car radio.
The installation is ultimately your responsibility.
My harness adapter is not a direct plug in.
All it does is give you the adapter head that will let you plug in one end
to the factory harness
and the other end to be wired into your head amp unit.
It is not that difficult, you have a ground, two positive power's, and the
speakers.
Easy as pie for anyone who can follow the directions of the manual supplied
with the radio
and my directions that come with the harness that will identify the
connections.

I hope this explains it all to you and everyone else.

Since I know that people will want to know more about these shows I have
mentioned
I would like to give you the links to the shows, and maybe you can pick me
up in your town?
I am aired in syndication in over 70 cities!

Thanks.,
- Videobob
VIN#5278

http://www.robertmoseley.com
http://www.comixspotlight.com
http://www.stupidmovieoftheweek.com
http://www.rcmsales.com
http://www.wrenchingandriding.com
http://www.undergroundconnection.com

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 22:58:29 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Speaker Grounds vs Electrical Grounds

Stereo speakers are actually low voltage AC devices, not DC. They
won't make a sound without alternating current on both sides from the
amplifier alone. Connecting their negative side to the car's battery
does absolutely nothing (nor for that matter does connecting their
positive side).

Check out this ShockWave graphic:
http://static.howstuffworks.com/flash/speaker-working.swf

What's happening is the polarity of the coil keeps changing, causing
it to attract to the magnet then repel away from it. That moves air,
creating sound waves.

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:10:15 -0500
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: I need a phone number

Will the person who contacted me on the gold delorean please e-mail me or give me a call
I misplaced your number

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 02:39:06 -0000
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: D suddenly not starting / damp outside

I drove the D two days ago with no problems.  I tried to start it up
this evening and nothing.  It cranks over, I hear the fuel pump
buzz.  The pump relay is clicking and I smell gas in the back of the
car.  No leaks.  I checked the connections to from the coil to the
distributor and all looks good.  The only thing different about today
and two days ago is that it is very damp and warm outside.  Any ideas?

Erik

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 01:10:03 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Grounding Each Speaker Individually

For the "purists" out there you really do need to have a dedicated
ground (return) wire for each speaker. Of course this assumes that the
amplifier you are using also has separate returns. It does no good at
all if they are all connected together in the amp. Any high quality
amp "should" have separate and discrete wiring for each channel. The
cheaper amps will cut corners and tie things together inside. For the
very best the return is NOT connected to ground and is in fact "fully
floating" so it isn't really called ground but is called return or
negative. When you get into high power levels it does matter.

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 03:29:56 -0000
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Does anyone need a CRAIG radio?

If anyone needs a replacement CRAIG radio, or the console it mounts in
I have one.
I put it on eBay with no reserve, starting at $1.00
I don't need it, I would rather it goes to someone who does.
it was in perfect working condition with a bright display:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2470070127

And, if you already have the original radio but need a way to listen
to MP3's, check out this MP3 player, it is shaped like a cassette!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3087805775&category=11024

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 23:11:56 -0500
From: Mike M <kenshin_at_dml_otaku-wired.net>
Subject: Re: A little history on the Turbo Deloreans?

Where would the intercooler(s) be mounted on the DeLorean??

Mike #4671

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 23:35:49 -0600
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Speaker Grounds vs Electrical Grounds

You may have a point on this one,
I never said I was an "audio" engineer, only "video" - HA!

In an effort to solve this issue, I am going to consult with my friends at
"Crank It Up Car Audio",
they build competition audio systems.
I will show them my wire configuration, and ask them if it is correct, and
if not what is the
correct way to do it.
If I find I have done it wrong then I will be more than happy to eat humble
pie here
on the DML and give out the correct diagram.

Again, the result has no bearing on my wire harness adapter, you can wire it
up any way you want!
- VB

>From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
>To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [DML] Re: Speaker Grounds vs Electrical Grounds
>Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 22:58:29 -0000
>
>Stereo speakers are actually low voltage AC devices, not DC. They
>won't make a sound without alternating current on both sides from the
>amplifier alone. Connecting their negative side to the car's battery
>does absolutely nothing (nor for that matter does connecting their
>positive side).
>
>Check out this ShockWave graphic:
>http://static.howstuffworks.com/flash/speaker-working.swf
>
>What's happening is the polarity of the coil keeps changing, causing
>it to attract to the magnet then repel away from it. That moves air,
>creating sound waves.
>
>Bill Robertson

[Moderator snip]

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 23:30:44 -0600
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Grounding Each Speaker Individually

I know that this issue is getting really old, and redundant I might ad....
But let's review my method and let me know if you are talking about
something different.

First, let's identify the "Ground".
The only ground placement I know of is a small cluster of loops that are
bolted to the right rear of the console. These in turn run the length of the
wire harness and ultimately end up on the negative terminal of the battery.
There are more grounds placed within the engine, the frame and a braided
copper wire that links to each piece of body work.
Is this correct?

Now, let's assume that the ground for the stereo is the same ground for each
of the speakers.
Assuming that these are the same, then would it stand to reason that if all
of the speaker ground connections where also tied to any other ground point,
be it the stereo or the wire harness then they would all be grounded to the
same source?
If this is true then only the speaker output "hot" wires need to be
separated and distributed
to each corresponding speaker.
Meaning, that if you took my wire harness adapter and took each of the
speaker ground connections as well as the power ground and crimped them all
together, and then ran each
of the speaker wires to the corresponding speaker then you should be able to
wire the harness adapter in such a way that all 9 of it's connections are
used correctly when wired to the stereo
in this manner, that when plugged it everything would work properly?

This is what I did, and it works great.
Maybe the exception is my particular stereo allows this type of grounding.
My argument is that there is only ONE ground source for the car and it is
all universal,
so what difference does it make how the ground is made, rather from the
harness or
by a separate direct line sent to another ground point.

Does this make sense?
- Videobob

>From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
>To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [DML] Re: Grounding Each Speaker Individually
>Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 01:10:03 -0000
>
>For the "purists" out there you really do need to have a dedicated
>ground (return) wire for each speaker. Of course this assumes that the
>amplifier you are using also has separate returns. It does no good at
>all if they are all connected together in the amp. Any high quality
>amp "should" have separate and discrete wiring for each channel. The
>cheaper amps will cut corners and tie things together inside. For the
>very best the return is NOT connected to ground and is in fact "fully
>floating" so it isn't really called ground but is called return or
>negative. When you get into high power levels it does matter.
>David Teitelbaum
>vin 10757
>

>--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Peter Lucas <lucas_at_dml_M...> wrote:
> >
> > Here's some potentially useful info from a message I posted about a
> > year ago on this topic:
> >
> > > As an alternative to rewiring the speakers, you can solve the "common
> > > ground" problem with an inexpensive device called a "floating ground
> > > adaptor", such as the Peripheral FGA4.  I bought one recently from
> > > River Oaks Car Stereo:
> > >
> > > http://www.installer.com/acc/index.html
> > >
> > > Cost was $22.95.
> >
> > --Pete Lucas
> >    VIN #06703

>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews

Get rid of annoying pop-up ads with the new MSN Toolbar  FREE!

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:43:33 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Warning For Parts On E-Bay

FWIW, (to clear up some confustion) The posts Mike is
talking about were not to the DML, but the DMCForum...

<SNIP>

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:49:45 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

The point wich has been made (and I agree), is that
many modern "high power" car stereos use a bridged
output on the amplifier (also know as floating
ground).

If you tie the negative leads on the output together,
at best it will sound like crap.. At worst, you will
damage the stereo unit.

My suggestion is to run new wires..  Leave the stock
harness alone.

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:54:14 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

He did not sell it.  The bank forclosed, and kicked
him out.

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 22:07:01 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

As far as I know, none of these documents are public.

I did have the opportunity to look through one of
Fred's books with many photographs, and test results.
Ken and I have been trying to get with Fred to see
what else he has.  Hopes are he will display some of
this in Pigeon Forge.

It is a good bet that Fred still has most if not all
of the documentation from Legend.

My suspicion is you are asking this question for the
possibility of making your own "legend"??  Understand,
this was NOT a bolt-on kit.  Just about EVERY part
inside the engine was changed, many of them were
custom made.  Even the head bolts were special.

Unfortunately, It is not cost effective to try and
re-create what was done with the Legend engine.

If you want one, well...  everything has a price.

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 06:34:40 -0000
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com
Subject: Re: D suddenly not starting / damp outside

Erik - The first thing to do is spray a dose of starting fluid down
the air intake, and try to start it.  If it fires up and then dies,
you probably have a fuel issue.  If it doesn't fire at all, then you
more than likely have an electrical issue.  Depending on what you
find, you march down the appropriate path of more refined
troubleshooting.  Winged1 pulled that trick on me once, and it
turned out that she just wanted some attention.  I determined it to
be an electrical issue (using the above process), went through and
cleaned every connection, relay, and fuse that I could find, and she
started right up, happy as a clam in soft sand.  I have been taught
the lesson time and again to start with the very basics, and you'll
will eventually wear the problem out.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_y...>

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 02:27:48 -0500
From: Noah <sitz_at_dml_onastick.net>
Subject: Pic of the Dragon

Stumbled across this tonight; for  those who are heading to Pigeon Forge
and want a bird's eye view of this road you keep hearing about, here's
one from space. =)

http://kickstandlodge.com/sat_dragon.html

--noah
"The key is commit crimes so confusing that the police feel too stupid to
even write a crime report about them."

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 02:02:46 -0600
From: "Jake" <jkampho_at_dml_siue.edu>

Erik,

I had a very similar problem once.  It was the first warm day of the year
and I had my first (and only) ignition problem.  Turned out to be the
connections at the ballast resistors.  Make sure they are clean and seated.
After I did that (inconspicuously in the parking lot at work), no problems
since --even in the POURING rain!

Good luck,

Jake

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 08:39:06 -0000
From: "joeyoseppi" <joeyoseppi_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: BROKEN TORSION BAR

Always nice to meet another D owner "semi" local to me. This is Joe
O'Brien from Bellevue. Get with Dustin or me sometime and one of us
will try to arrange a time to help you install the torsion bar. I'll
be calling Shannon tomorrow anyway, so I'll point this topic out to
him. Who knows maybe this weekend possibly??
Dustin did you attach your outer weatherstipping yet?? Let me know
if you need a second hand on it.

Talk to you later,

Joe

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 09:32:54 +0100
From: "Johan Anelius" <dmc_at_dml_tranceponder.se>

I hade the same problem and it was the main battery ground
that was bad. I changed the rusty bolt to a new one and now it works
perfect.

The earth is located on the trailing arm mount on the passenger side, you
must remove
the splashguard to access it.

Mvh
Johan

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 07:12:27 -0500
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: RE: Re: sound system upgrading

Still not convinced that adding 20lbs of dynamat is going to greatly
alter your driving experience.  If that were the case, then I recommend
that every owner weigh themselves and their significant other the day
that they obtain their car, and make sure that they never gain any
weight going forward.  Also, never carry any cargo in your car.  ;)

Lets just end the thread and say....if you want a more silent ride,
soundproof and enjoy.
Nuf' Said   :)

Kevin Abato
Vin #16680

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 07:26:08 -0500
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: Just Enjoy......

I appreciate all the information and advice that I have gotten from the
posts in the past but sometimes I go back and forth between reading and
not reading them.  Sometimes it seems people get into "Pissing Matches"
about who is "utlimately" right and "who is wrong" or keeping your car
in "pure" condition, and it really becomes a turnoff when the lecturing
starts.   How about this concept:  "Share your IDEAS and EXPERIENCES.
In the end be open minded to new ideas, approaches, and experiences.
The individual owner is free to do what they want with their own car".

All I can say is that I have done things with/to my car that others
might find objectionable.  I have posted about it as general knowledge
or information.  If you agree: Fine.  If not.Fine.

In the end it comes down to one thing.   I LOVE MY CAR!   I love to
drive it, I love ot show it, and I love to hang out with other delorean
owners...not just to "geek out" and talk about the car, but to get to
know the people themselves!  I have made many new friends via the DMC
community and to me, that is just as important as owning the car.  But
it doesn't change the fact that... I LOVE MY CAR AND ALWAYS WILL!

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 14:25:57 +0100
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

Bill - a speaker will make a sound when connected to DC - the sound of
burning paper and plastic !

When you connect one output of the stereo to ground you will get a
similar sound...but this time of a burning amplifier !

Old radios only had cheap simple low power outputs (I am not going
to explain this in detail, it takes too much time to begin with Adam
and Eva) therefore they could use ground as the return line.
Just let me say - the positive line used 2 transistors for push/pull.
(And they also had a capacitor in the positive output line to prevent
the speaker from DC voltage.)

Newer Radios with almost 50W (yeah we really do believe in those 50W...)
have four transistors - feed and return line of the speaker each need
2 transistors for push pull - their outputs are inverted. I think that's
enough explained to understand that if you connect any output to ground
or +12V the amplifier will get fried within seconds.
Well, I think this is stuff of first or second year electronics engineering.

I wonder how a experienced electronics engineer wouldn't know this ?

The polarity of the outputs doesn't mean that there's only + or -, it's
there
to show you how to connect the speakers correctly. If you don't, then there
may
almost be no bass....

Elvis & 6548