From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1940
Date: Sunday, March 28, 2004 11:01 AM

1. Re: A little history on the Turbo Deloreans?
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. RE: Re: Grounding Each Speaker Individually
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. RE: A little history on the Turbo Deloreans?
From: "Darkstar" <darkstarmedia_at_dml_comcast.net>

4. Speaker Connections - conclusion?
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

5. Re: Grounding Each Speaker Individually (was: sound systemupgrading)
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

6. Re: History of Gull Wing Cars
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com

7. VIN SCEDT26T5BD003760 just posted on eBay
From: "K" <bigpmdawnfan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. surface rust?
From: "stainlessillusion2000" <dmcman_at_dml_hawaii.rr.com>

9. Re: D suddenly not starting / damp outside
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 07:43:19 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: A little history on the Turbo Deloreans?

There are some photos of 502 on the web..  Check
www.entermywold.com

http://www.entermyworld.com/
"Rare DeLoreans"

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 07:46:20 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Grounding Each Speaker Individually

Bob,

I think the problem here is that you view the negative
speaker output on the stereo as "Ground".  It is NOT
ground.  It is the negative speaker output!

On some older and cheaper stereos, the negative
speaker lead IS ground.  Most modern high-power units
use a bridged amplifier to acheive higher power with
smaller components.  The result is that the negative
speaker lead is NOT ground.

I hope this explains it.  I am sure there is a lot of
information on the internet.

Marc

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 09:25:19 -0800
From: "Darkstar" <darkstarmedia_at_dml_comcast.net>

Not re-making a legend setup but the data would let me know what works and
what doesn't. I would rather not re-create the wheel.  The internal engine
specs is part of what I am looking for.  things such as cam timing and
specs, piston changes would be most helpful.  I have a spare engine that I
want to twin turbo and intercool  and seeing what legend did would avoid the
trial and error part.  I have also been playing with the idea of computer
controlled NOS (25HP shot till the turbos spool up) and water injection.  I
have been looking for performance connecting rods and have been unable to
locate any.  I found some forged pistons for the engine.  I also have a
friend with a CNC mill and lathe so re-creating parts from engineering
drawings is easier.

Darkstar
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 21:35:40 -0000
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Speaker Connections - conclusion?

OK, I have been schooled today on hooking up speakers by my friends at
http://www.crankitupcaraudio.com

This is what I have learned,
"Back in the day", all the speakers were on a common ground.
Meaning that they all shared the same ground.
(this is what I was used to I guess)

Then, a new system of splitting the ground from left to right
was brought in for a while and that is what is used by our radios.
Or at least the Craig, I am not sure about the later ASI.

Then comes the newer radios that each use a separete ground.
Each speaker has it's own postive, and it own negative.

THERE YOU HAVE IT.

I am not too big a guy to admit when I am wrong, but I am only
about half wrong. I was right in the sense that on an older radio such
as the Craig, that is how the radio is connected.
However you WOULD need to connect a separete ground wire, not
associated with the car's electrical ground wire as I was suggesting.
So I admit it, on this subject I fu__ed up.

But why does my stereo seem to work even though I hooked it up
as a common ground?
My friend suggests that it is because I have a built in ground lift,
or noise remover, and protection curcuit that allows it to work
anyway, all though I admit there is not much bass at all.
I figured that it was just the way two 3 1/2" speakers sounded?
Fixing the ground connection should make a world of difference and I
will be doing that tonight.

Now, about the wire harness adapter.....
The harness can still be utilized for the most part.
The change that needs to be made would be:
Each speaker has a ground wire coming from it already, I believe
the simply come together at one point and then go into the harness.
I will simply clip them and add a blade connection to each, and plug
the harness in that way so that everything can still be disconnected easy.

I will try to document the process and include it in my instructions
with the adapter from now on.

Again, many stereo's are different.
It all comes down to READING THE MANUAL, which a lot of know-it-all's
like me forget to do sometimes!
THERE! I ADDMITTED IT!

- Videobob
VIN#5278

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 22:48:56 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Grounding Each Speaker Individually (was: sound systemupgrading)

Bob, maybe you could do us DeLorean owners here a favor, and kill two birds with one
stone. Since you play really bad/cheezy fims on your show, and most DeLorean owners &
enthusiasts have never seen this "gem", it would be REALLY great is you could broadcast it
for us!

http://imdb.com/title/tt0074873/

p.s. I've seen it, and the most exciting part of this entire movie is the description!

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 19:31:41 EST
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: History of Gull Wing Cars

In a message dated 3/26/04 9:16:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
birdwells_at_dml_usa.net writes:

> Other odd mentions: ... BMW Isetta

That is an odd choice.  The teeny Isetta was later the infamous Urkel-mobile
from the late and unlamented tv show Family Matters.  Opened in front, at a
slightly upward, but basically sideways angle.  The father of a friend of mine
had one in the '50's.
Wayne

Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 03:10:26 -0000
From: "K" <bigpmdawnfan_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: VIN SCEDT26T5BD003760 just posted on eBay

ViewItem&category=31830&item=2470231129

1981, 5-speed, gray

Also, while doing some research today, I read that Mitsubishi of Japan made 70 factory
gullwing-door Eclipses in 1991, and I saw some pictures of them, they're interesting to
see.  They're not conversions, they were designed by Mitsubishi and kinda look good on
the Eclipse.  Also, I've noticed an influx of concept cars from mainstream car
manufacturers starting to have gullwing doors, such as the Infiniti Triant, a female
designed Volvo concept, Renault Talisman concept, BMW z9 concept, and even Hyundai
has 1 or 2 concept cars lately with gullwing doors.

Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 12:48:58 -0000
From: "stainlessillusion2000" <dmcman_at_dml_hawaii.rr.com>
Subject: surface rust?

i have my delorean parked in a covered parking garage but it is
still exposed to the hawaiian salt air, it was sitting for about a
month due to a brake master, when i got it up and running again, i
noticed what seems to be a bunch of rust spots all over the hood ,
roof, and rear fenders, i tried to used to stainless pad out of the
delorean car care kit and it does'nt seem to be helping that much. I
would appreciate anyhelp i could get from anyof you!:)....thank you

Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 05:44:18 -0000
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: D suddenly not starting / damp outside

That you everyone for the advise.  I started the delorean up just
fine this morning without having to do anything.  The last tune up
was done about 4 years ago.  Which was about 12000 miles ago.  Not
sure what the actual problem was, but I'll keep looking

erik