From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1942
Date: Monday, March 29, 2004 9:05 PM

1. Front Windshield Installation
From: "sweitzel_2000" <sweitzel_at_dml_lffltd.com>

2. Alternator Location & Distributor cap/rotor
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_netcom.no>

3. DMCH on/off switch
From: Tom Watkins <dmctom_at_dml_earthlink.net>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 19:31:24 -0000
From: "sweitzel_2000" <sweitzel_at_dml_lffltd.com>
Subject: Front Windshield Installation

Hello group. I'm a new DMC owner (vin 3231) My car came with a lovely
cracked front windshield (among other things) I've received the new
one from DMCH, but i want to get it professionally installed. I'm in
the south Bay Area, in Santa Clara. Does anyone have any
recommendation as to local auto glass companies that would know how
to install a Delorean windshield? Is the DMC windshield tricky to
install at all? Suggestions?

thanks!

Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 22:50:53 +0200
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_netcom.no>
Subject: Alternator Location & Distributor cap/rotor

When seeing the Legend Twin-Turbo set-up on Tamir's site (www.entermyworld.com) I can't help but thinking WHY DeLorean didn't mounted all alternators on top of the RH side of the PRV-engine instead of at the bottom.
It looks so much nicer (and symmetric with the A/C compressor on the other side)
Also, it is easier to get to.

If the alternator was to be moved to this new location, would there be any problems concerning such a set-up?

Also, would it be possible to find another place in the engine compartment for the distributor cap/rotor, in order for it to be easier to get to?

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759

Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 19:55:50 -0500
From: Tom Watkins <dmctom_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: DMCH on/off switch

I have a question for anyone who has bought these from DMCH.  The
on/off switches have 3 prongs on it.  I was going to use this as an
in-line on/off switch for my installed flux capacitor that I bought.
Can I use this switch with only 2 wires?  If so, which prongs would be
the ones to use?  I assume one is a ground but I would not need it as
the unit will be grounded to the battery.

This would be the same situation with the other switch as it will be
used as a manual over-ride for my automatic antenna.  My radio doesn't
lower the antenna when listening to CD's so I have a switch hidden under
the drivers knee pad.  This is a auto parts store 2 prong switch.  I want to replace it
with the DMC switch so I don't have to fumble around looking for it.

Yes, I did ask DMCH, Warren wasn't sure which prongs were which so I
figured I'd ask any of our resident experts out there.

Thanks

Tom