From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1944
Date: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 4:13 PM

1. Delorean Reference
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. Re: lubricating the suspension
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

3. A favor please?
From: "Jace & Jenn" <judtnet_at_dml_cableone.net>

4. Automatic CG
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>

5. Re: Collapsing Heater Core Return Line
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

6. Re: VGA Display
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

7. Re: VGA Display
From: kayoong_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:18:36 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Delorean Reference

I was reading a magazine and came across this reference to the
Delorean! Go to bodyshopbusiness.com click on March Features,
Features, Apathy n. and they refer to the future of the automotive
body repair business!
It is interesting to see that the Delorean is still popular enough to
refer to!

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:23:25 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: lubricating the suspension

In a message dated 3/30/04 9:51:21 AM Central Standard Time,
dmcman_at_dml_hawaii.rr.com writes:

> hello list, i have noticed that my d has a creaky front suspenion,
> you can only hear it when you go over bumps, or a speed bump. It is
> nothing major because the suspension is fine, but do we have to
> lubricate the suspension at all?.....just curious....if so what do
> we use?

The upper and lower ball joints both have grease zerks on them - you may want
to check those.  if you have had your tie rod ends replaced, there could be
zerks there.  use regular multipurpose silicone chassis grease, dispensed from
an appropriate grease gun.

You can also try spraying silicone spray on your sway bar bushings.  this can
help eliminate squeeks as well.

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:23:10 -0600
From: "Jace & Jenn" <judtnet_at_dml_cableone.net>
Subject: A favor please?

Hello List,

I am looking at getting my first D.  Would there happen to be anyone in Stanton, CA that could check one out for me?  It is Ebay item 2470512427.  I would also appreciate any opinions on this one.

Thanks,
Jace
VIN Coming Soon (Hopefully)

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:18:42 -0000
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Automatic CG

Is there any detailed information already written that will help me in my effort to remove the automatic transmission computer governor,  so I can open it up and check it?  I have the workshop manual and it is not specific enough.

Thanx again,
Dave and 6530

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:15:02 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Collapsing Heater Core Return Line

What about the 2' long piece on the front side? Would it not collapse
(if that were the problem)? Pump doesn't create any real suction anyway.

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:55:28 -0600
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: VGA Display

VIDEO BOB,

When building the 97 DeLorean Time Machine, I have to reroute the AC
duct because the time circuits blocked the stock location. The AC now
discharges thought the area where the stock radio used to be.
(The car did not come with a radio.). THe discharge vents are from a 3rd
generation Camaro and fit the space perfectly. I formed the new custom
ductwork out of SS sheet metal. Works just fine.

BOB

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:38:42 EST
From: kayoong_at_dml_aol.com

Bob:

Yes, my friend had his duct work moved to the position where the radio is and
the radio in the place of the duct. The work was performed by one of his
friend who owns a professional shop and very nicely done.   His original radio was
replaced with an entertainment system, which has the "pop up" screen, to the
reason why everything had to be repositioned.   Cold or hot air blowing from
the vent on to the back of the screen is not a good thing.

His car was at PJ Grady shop several years ago, where we all met before we
left the for the Mid Atlantic Fall Tour at Montauk, NY.   Many of the members
saw his car with all the "goodies" installed such as the new advance headlight
system, an audio/video and high powered amplifier, Nintendo game system and etc
were all impress with the set up.

Kayo Ong
Lic 9D NY