From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1947
Date: Thursday, April 01, 2004 7:01 PM

1. Re: Odd DeLorean on TV?
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

2. Re: Oil Pressure Gauge jumps all over the place?
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

3. Engine work in progress
From: "minox8x11" <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>

4. Re: Contiguous Heater Core Return Hose
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

5. Re: Re: Deloreans on TV - Monster Nation 1
From: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18_at_dml_hydrogen18.com>

6. Re: Oil Pressure Gauge jumps all over the place?
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

7. Re: Deloreans on TV - Monster Nation 1
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

8. VIN Calculator
From: "Jace & Jenn" <judtnet_at_dml_cableone.net>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 17:49:45 -0000
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Odd DeLorean on TV?

Prototype.

Johnny
5518

If anyone was watching the DeLorean program on the history channel on
 April 1, what was with the DeLorean they kept showing in the
 beginning? There was no front air damn for the radiator, and there
was
 a full size sliding window in the doors? I've never seen a DeLorean
 like this, any info? -Dan Benedek #5003

Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 13:57:56 EST
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure Gauge jumps all over the place?

Hey all,
     Today I noticed that when idling, my oil pressure gauge jumps all over
the place (from the half mark to the 80 psi mark and back and forth in between
as well).   This is not unusual for my car, I just decided to try to fix it
today.   When I am cruising the needle is at the 80 psi mark all of the time.
I have plenty of oil in the car, and it has been running great.   What do you
think could be causing the jumping of the needle when the car is idling?   A
bad gauge?   A corroded ground?

Thanks,
Patrick

Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 19:47:36 -0000
From: "minox8x11" <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>
Subject: Engine work in progress

I have uploaded some pictures to the #6067 folder in the "Photos"
section on the work i have been doing.

Michael

Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 01:57:08 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Contiguous Heater Core Return Hose

I have 3 plus feet of hose, non-stop from the aluminum pipe under the
car to the back of the pump. If the car's next owner can't figure out
how to buy 5/8" heater hose by the foot, he has no business working on
an engine. Coolant hoses aren't exactly rocket science.

BTW: that steel pipe *IS* a design flaw. Look at how many owners have
posted to the List complaining about its deteriorated condition. Mine
was pitiful too. Makes no sense to replace it with another pipe that
will only deteriorate like the original. Its only purpose doesn't
apply to me anyway -- I do have all day to remove the intake manifold
and run a hose, unlike assembly line workers in a factory.

I have been contacted off List by someone questioning whether the heater
core line Martin and I are discussing is really a return line, or whether
it is in fact a supply line -- it is a return line. I've uploaded a Volvo
PRV diagram documenting such to #5939's photo album. Of course direction of
fluid travel has no bearing on Martin's and my disagreement whether a
rubber hose under the intake manifold is safe or not.

Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 15:04:04 -0600
From: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18_at_dml_hydrogen18.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Deloreans on TV - Monster Nation 1

Are we talking about the Monster Garage Ep where they show lots of garage
based teams building stuff, and one team is made up of nothing but DeLorean
driving folks who are trying to build a 4 wheel drive monster(That
ultimately fails!)?

---Eric
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 00:01:17 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

What you are describing is the "normal" functioning of the OEM oil
pressure sending unit. It is the one next to the oil filter. Mid-State
Delorean Group sells a replacement that will make the gauge work
correctly.
David Telbaum
vin 10757

Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 00:19:38 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Deloreans on TV - Monster Nation 1

Eric,

Yes, that is the episode and yes, they do make it look like the
vehicle only partially did what we intended.  If you plan to go
to Pigeon Forge, you will see some home video we took of what
actually happened, including more rock crawling.  Keep in mind
the producers had 4 days of video footage and nearly 96 hours
of time lapse video and less than 15 minutes to tell our story
(any way they wanted to depict it - we all signed releases).
Overall, the show was a big hit and has been replayed often.

Most people at car shows are happy to see a "Monster" up close
and the most common comment is "Hey, it's all back together",
with very few comments about how they did not see it rock crawl
very much.  Most people realize it was heavily edited for TV.

Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 18:08:44 -0600
From: "Jace & Jenn" <judtnet_at_dml_cableone.net>
Subject: VIN Calculator

I can't find where the VIN Calculator is located.  Can someone send me the address.

Thanks,
Jace
VIN (Coming Soon)