From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1960
Date: Friday, April 09, 2004 5:28 PM

From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

From: "Alex Wolf" <alex_at_dml_ancira.com>

From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

From: "malevy_nj" <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

From: "EJ Chambers" <marmieej_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 20:12:30 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Dash replacement

There are 5 ways to go.
1 Ignore it
2 Replace it
3 Send it out to a place like Just Dashes. You can find them in
Hemmings Motor News under "services" They can make it like new. It
isn't cheap but it is less expensive then replacing it.
4 Buy a dash cover
5 In some auto stores they sell a kit to repair cracks. Then you spray
it with plastic paint spray. Doesn't usually come out good.

Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 15:18:42 -0500
From: "Alex Wolf" <alex_at_dml_ancira.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Insurance

I am with Haggerty, and they have been fantastic. I couldn't touch the rate
with anyone else.
Alex Wolf

www.deloreanowners.com <http://www.deloreanowners.com/>

Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 20:20:34 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch bleeding

Soak it with penetrating fluid. Get it into the hole in the middle of
the fitting. Clean it out with a toothpick first if you have to and
blow with compressed air. Generaly the bleeder fittings freeze because
of corrosion in the center hole. If you have to "gorrilla" it off with
a vise-grip do it, they are expendable but don't break it off,
remember it is hollow so it is easy to collapse it or break it. If you
can't find one locally (it is metric) than you can get it from one of
the "D" venders. This also happens when you use either the wrong size
wrench (not metric) or a worn, loose fitting wrench. You should always
try to use either a socket or a box wrench to loosen it initialy. An
open end wrench is not a good way to go.

Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 20:30:13 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: CORRECTION: Grey Stain

Oops -- I meant to say Dave *SWINGLE'S* mother's house. Have never met
Dave Stragand's mom, or his AMC enthusiast girlfriend Juley!

Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 20:56:50 -0000
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Insurance

Man, these insurance companies...

I don't know anything about Grundy, but I can tell you about
Hagerty.  My car is insured thru them and here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
$297/yr.
Full coverage comp/collision.
Coverage for any and all car shows including the drive there and home.
Coverage for any club events.
Agreed value.
Two free flat bed towing services per year.

Cons:
2700 miles per year allowed (Pigeon Forge excluded because it's a car
show).
Can't be daily driver.

Pros outwiegh the cons.  That's why I'm with them and not Allstate.

Johnny
5518

Hello:

 Does anyone have their DeLorean insured through Grundy Worldwide
 (James A. Grundy Agency, Inc)? If so, please email me privately. They
 are continually refusing to insure me citing "lack of available
parts" even though I have faxed them the DMCH letter and talked to
them directly about this issue.

 Thanks!
 Ej

Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 13:44:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

I'm with Dave, if they don't want your money, smile and take your business elsewhere! It's their loss, not yours. We moved our 6 cars (2 of which are classic), boat, RV, and 3 classic Harleys to Allstate from State Farm when they refused to insure my DeLorean. They lost a big policy with us. Allstate didn't hesitate one bit insuring my DeLorean, and we had no problems dealing with them when my DeLorean was totalled by a drunk who hit me. If you drive your car a lot like I do, you may want to consider Allstate. Unlike many of the classic car insurance companies, I can drive my car as much as I want, and it doesn't have to be garaged. You don't have to feel trapped when shopping for insurance for your DeLorean... there are plenty of companies who will insure your car no questions asked, and have policies tailored to your specific needs.

Louie Golden
VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC

Buy and sell stocks in NFL teams! Get paid dividends every time your team wins! Free limited-time trial at http://www.AllSportsMarket.com/Index.asp?Refer=delomail

Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 20:33:30 -0000
From: "malevy_nj" <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Concours Competiton

I have no personal crusade against Concours, or DMCH.  I just speak
my mind.

My comments on the matter have nothing to do with my desire (or lack
of) to participate in this event.  But as David T correctly pointed
out, this type of event does have an impact on all DeLorean owners.

Again, Just because a car is considered to be "concours quality" does
not make it "near-perfect".  This may be your opinion, but (for
DeLoreans) it is not mine.

If someone gets pleasure out of unloading a car from a trailer and
getting it ready for this competition (HOURS on your back with a
toothbrush cleaning dirt from the frame), go for it..  But it does
not make that car better (or, more valuable) than the one that just
RELIABLY drove 1000 miles in the rain to get to Pigeon Forge.  Each
owner is getting pleasure from the car in a different way.

Dave, you going to practice pitching for the dunking booth?  :)

I know it may not come across in e-mail very well, but I dont take
any of this stuff as seriously as it seems you all think.

Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 21:04:47 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "malevy_nj" <malevy_nj_at_dml_y...> wrote:

>>Dave, you going to practice pitching for the dunking booth?  :)

No - I don't like waiting in line - and it's gonna be a long one.

>> I know it may not come across in e-mail very well, but I dont take
>> any of this stuff as seriously as it seems you all think.

I'm starting to figure that out.

dave

Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 21:11:27 -0000
From: "EJ Chambers" <marmieej_at_dml_yahoo.com>

The only reason I am continuing to talk with them is they allow
unlimited mileage without storeage condsiderations (though mine is in
the garage) for a total value policy. For the amount I requested, the
amount was only $310/yr. Even cheaper than Haggerty, which quoted me
$350-$400.

I did not like the mileage restriction with Haggerty either. I may
have to look into Allstate as a possible insurance company. My other
cars and home are through State Farm which I am not about to transfer
over to new service. They have treated me well and getting home
insurance here in Texas went to crap a little over a year ago when
Farmers tried to bail out of Texas entirely and drop everyone they
insured (one of which was my friend).

Thanks for the advice Louie!

Ej