From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1966
Date: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 11:26 PM

1. Auto Box Shift Points?
From: "jamesrguk" <James_rg_at_dml_hotmail.com>

2. Angle Drive - A new Angle
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. Re: Torsion Bar
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Re: ED - YOU NEED A LIFE - YOUR'S IS BROKEN !
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

5. Re: news from 717 !
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

6. Radio and front mount antenna
From: "ristad" <ristad_at_dml_sprynet.com>

7. Deep Cycle
From: "Dustin Dewey" <dmc5000_at_dml_hotmail.com>

8. Moving right along...
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 08:47:10 -0000
From: "jamesrguk" <James_rg_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Auto Box Shift Points?

Hi all,

Does anyone know at what RPM's the auto box should be shifting?

e.g. on a level bit of road with the pedal buried in the floor (kick
down scenario) my car shifts before 4000rpm which is a bit too early
IMHO.

Can this be adjusted or is it a case of re-programming the governor,
I don't know quite what governs the kick down process.

Does anyone else with an auto DMC know what point roughtly their car
shifts 1st-2nd & 2nd-3rd

Thanks all

James RG

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 06:35:32 -0000
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Angle Drive - A new Angle

I bought an angle drive from Hervey at Special-T-Auto,
and I was surprised at how easy it was to pull off.
The speedometer cable comes off in seconds, and the angle drive
can be removed in a few minutes.
The HARD part, and I mean HARD is the removal of the large
retaining band deep on the inside of the nut.
That little ring inside is impossible to get out.
The instructions say to use "two small flat blade screwdrivers
to pry apart the ring".
I have no idea how this is going to happen.
I tried for a while until I broke my micro screw driver!
Finally I gave up, and took a chop saw and sliced the whole
damned angle drive head right off, then used a hammer and screw driver
to pull off the rest of the angle drive head until the I could pull
the rest of it through the other side of the nut.
THAT WORKED.
I put the large nut on the new angle drive and installed it
and now everything works fine.

Just thought I would mention how I did it.

I think it would be worth the few extra bucks for the vendors
to offer the angle drive complete with a new nut if it is going
to be this much trouble.

- Videobob
VIN#5278

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 05:12:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Torsion Bar

Did you try any of the other vendors?

http://www.dmcnews.com/links.html

Also, Bob Miller may be able to get you one.

<SNIP>

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 06:58:06 EDT
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: ED - YOU NEED A LIFE - YOUR'S IS BROKEN !

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Ed the one who wanted to help insure that
all of us D owners were driving our cars every day?   I remember his
criticism of those who went to Ken's show only to park their cars on "faded asphalt",
while the real DeLorean owners were out driving around.   This is the second
complaint in 2 days that Delorean 1 is refusing the sale of parts.   It sure
seems like Ed is making it hard for us to keep our stainless steel beauties on
the road if he refuses to sell owners the parts we need to do so.   Maybe D1
will update their website soon too and remove "The world's largest source for
DeLorean parts, service and accessories",   since we all know that this is no
longer true and DMCH has the largest supply of parts.

Patrick
1880   (Now permanently banned from EVER buying a part from Delorean 1)   :)

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:17:17 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: news from 717 !

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Henry" <henry_at_dml_i...> wrote:
> > It appears the car was actually thoroughly inspected by drug
> > inspectors, as the owner found lots of missing or loose screws (
>

> So maybe the old "cocaine in the seats/wheels" joke isn't a joke
afterall!!   :)

> -Hank

Or perhaps because people won't let that urband legend die, and
people are stupid enough to believe it! Or better yet, because it was
probably a vehicle involved in an investigation, it was tore apart
for a general inspection, like many cars at the border crossing are!
</candy_coated mode>

Seriously, I'm not laughing, and I'm not smiling. Drug related jokes
have no place here on the DML. To myself, and many others, that's as
degrading as typing in a racial epithet. JZD's arrest is known
history. And while none of deny it, a good number of us have worked
VERY hard to fight the stigma associated with it. So it's very sad to
see this come from a fellow owner...

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:27:42 -0000
From: "ristad" <ristad_at_dml_sprynet.com>
Subject: Radio and front mount antenna

How do you replace the radio? All the new radios have DIN mounts. Can
you just make the hole larger?
How do you replace the front mount antenna? Looks to me as if you'd
have to remove the fender but there must be an easier way to do it.
Thanks,
Ron

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 13:15:53 +0000
From: "Dustin Dewey" <dmc5000_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Deep Cycle

Hi everyone!!!
just a quick question.
I have had a couple non Delorean people tell me that I should install a deep
cycle marine battery
in my D. Has anyone done this? Does it make sense?
thanks again

  Dustin

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 12:42:37 -0000
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Moving right along...

(Moderators Note: These postings were allowed thru because they stated facts or asked questions that are Delorean related. They are not going to be allowed to turn into a debate on the DML. If you want to debate or respond to these items - do so off the list. Consider both threads closed. Marty, this weeks moderator)

I am disappointed but I'm not going to enter this debate.

Two posts of interest:

1. Did anyone else here read the post by "maddog" about DeLorean One?
While I'd never accuse the DML of kowtowing to D1, I'm suprised they
let that post through. In my opinion, the guy is right though.

2. Did anyone else read the post from some teeny-bopper who thinks he
can just rent a DeLorean from someone who doesn't even know him? His
post was hilarious in that it was practically -demanding- service and
setting terms. Who does he think we are, "Hertz-rent-a-racer"?

Rich A.