From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1983
Date: Monday, April 26, 2004 12:47 PM

1. Re: won't stay running
From: advantics_at_dml_aol.com

2. Mid atlntic a PJ Grady's
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: DeLorean ownership; an ego trip & funniest thing ever heard Cont'd...
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. A couple questions about Pigeon Forge
From: "lakelanier20" <derek4567_at_dml_hotmail.com>

5. Re: DeLorean ownership; an ego trip & funniest thing ever heard Cont'd...
From: Thomas Mc Auley <mcauleydmc_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>

6. Re: DeLorean ownership; an ego trip & funniest thing ever heard Cont'd...
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>

7. Re: catalytic converter question
From: "rendycheng" <rendycheng_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. Re: Fuel pressure values
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

9. Re: Re: Funniest Things Heard
From: "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_hawes74.freeserve.co.uk>

10. Power loss resolved?
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 12:10:59 EDT
From: advantics_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: won't stay running

Checked the idle speed switch and it is working. How do you test the idle
speed motor? Thanks in advance.

John 5326 & 1383

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 16:46:43 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Mid atlntic a PJ Grady's

  Are any of you guys going? I live in NYC so its no big deal for
me...just wanted to know so I could meet you guys and thank you
personally for all your help over the years, as Im not going to
Pigeon forge. Not to mention I'd love to get some pics of 502.

Harry & 2696

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 13:01:24 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean ownership; an ego trip & funniest thing ever heard Cont'd...

Maybe this is the part you and so many other'here just don't get....
There is no point in arguing with these people who make smart assed remarks.
I don't give these people the time of day.
Usually, I pretend they are not even there, as if I were deaf.
If someone is nice, and wants to make compliments or just need verification,
IE: "Is this really a DeLorean? Made of stainless steele? From the BTTF
movie?"
I will answer a quick yes, followed by the next obvious question answers of,
"It's got an aluminum Volvo V-6".....etc.

But if some wanker starts making smart remarks or actually thinks he knows
more about the car than I do then I ignore them.
You have to understand the mentality of these people.
It is like a "pro-choice" talking to a "pro-life"....nothing good is going
to happen.
These people are the jealous of our success, they are bitter that we are
stealing the
attention they are not getting.
These are usually people who's idea of customizations are things you get at
the auto store
that stick on parts of the car....like day-glo windshield wipers on an
Iroc-Z.

So don't raise your blood pressure dealing with these idiots.
It has nothing to do with you or the car, or John Delorean.
It would not matter if it was a Ferrari, Lamborghini, whatever... you would
get the
same rap from these idiots.

IGNORE THEM, and save your blood pressure!
- Videobob
VIN#5278

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 18:46:20 -0000
From: "lakelanier20" <derek4567_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: A couple questions about Pigeon Forge

Hello all (or maybe Ken K. in particular),

     I wish to register for the show, and am confused about a couple
of things.  If we have a friend or a few friends coming to the show,
are they supposed to pay $20 each just to attend?  (they don't have
DeLoreans).  Aren't there people that just show up at the show just
to look and walk around?  Do they have to register?  Also, for owners
who attend the Saturday night banquet, can their cars stay inside the
convention center building (where they were the whole day) while they
are at the banquet?

Thanks,
Derek

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 15:29:32 -0500
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>

For some reason people love to put someone up on a pedestal, and then knock
them off of it. I really don't understand this either. I can see where some
people in England may feel they were taken advantage of, rightly or wrongly,
but the sheer hatred that some people seem to have for the man or the car
does seem strange. It's not like the Delorean was shipped without an engine,
if you don't like the car don't buy it. No one forced anyone to put their
money into DMC or any other new company for that matter. It's just like the
stock market. If you can't afford to totally lose your investment, don't put
up the money. Unfortunately, there will be people that think that the car is
junk and that John is a con man for a long time, but eventually those people
won't be here anymore. That's when the younger people will want to buy the
car they saw in Back To The Future, and probably won't remember anything
about the cocaine trial. How many people under 30 (not including the ones on
this list) honestly know anything about the cocaine trial or the specifics
of the car, other than it was in Back To The Future?

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 21:19:11 -0000
From: "rendycheng" <rendycheng_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: catalytic converter question

I have 1/2 tank of 91 and 1/2 tank of 87 octane gasoline.  I really don't think it was the
key player.   Install the new CAT is a very easy job.  I end up removing the muffler first
then the CAT.  This operation also give me the opportunity to replace the drive side oil
pressure sensor.   I was not able to remove this sensor befoer.  Too many things are in the
way.

rendy 4220

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 21:28:22 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel pressure values

Just because the parts are 9 months old doesn't matter. For instance
if a plug wire is not snapped on all the way it could cause a problem.
Maybe you pulled it and strecthed it when you installed it, that can
break the carbon core. Maybe the boot didn't seal the well and water
is in there shorting out the spark plug. You have to check these
things. I have had several requests for the injector tester so I will
be bringing it.

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:29:59 +0100
From: "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_hawes74.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Re: Funniest Things Heard

The webpage with the DeLorean FAQ which is both fact and funny is at....

http://www.delorean.co.uk/DMUK/myths.html

This shameless plug might save me a few quid next time I need some work
doing, eh??? :)

Chris Hawes
#5255 owner in the UK

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:46:34 -0000
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Power loss resolved?

Let it never be said that David T. doesn't know his stuff.

He was the only one who mentioned the ignition system and even though
I'd replaced -all- of that stuff recently I figured I'd better look.
I checked the spark and it was a weak yellow one. Not really knowing
what to replace first, I bought a new coil.

Now I'm up to full power, with no hesitation, stumble or bucking.
Starting was -instant- instead of the few cranks it used to take.

I've measured the ballast resistor and it's fine. I'm not sure why
the coil was dying. Has anyone ever had a coil die a slow death? My
experience is that they either work or they don't. I hope it's just
bad luck. I'll drive for a few days and make sure that this really
was the problem and not the fuel system.

Rich A.