From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1993
Date: Sunday, May 02, 2004 1:39 PM

There are 24 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. RE: Re: Drivers Side "Marker Lights"
From: "Alex Wolf" <alex_at_dml_ancira.com>

2. Re: Happy Happy Joy Joy
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>

3. Re: Ride from So. Florida
From: "Dan Harris" <whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com>

4. Re: Continued: Renault Input Shafts
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

5. Re: 15 Amp Fuse?
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

6. Re: Delorean Sighting!!
From: Michael T Twigger <marktwigger_at_dml_juno.com>

7. Re: 15 Amp Fuse?
From: "ronin5030" <yahoo_at_dml_oneskydojo.com>

8. RE: 15 Amp Fuse?
From: "Jeff Chabotte" <webmaster_at_dml_88-mph.com>

9. Re: 15 Amp Fuse?
From: Andrew Prentis <aprentis_at_dml_rocketmail.com>

10. RE: Giugiaro's Toyota
From: "Jon Heese" <heese_at_dml_digi-net.com>

11. Horsepower vs Torque
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

12. DeLorean door light switches
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

13. RE: led number
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

14. RE: Giugiaro's Toyota
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

15. Re: DeLorean door light switches
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>

16. Pigeon Forge
From: "thinkstainless" <stldrgn_at_dml_delorean.com>

17. Re: Horsepower vs Torque
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. Car Show Update Pigeon Forge Stats
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

19. Re: 15 Amp Fuse?
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

20. a small tip to prevent malfunction in the door lock control unit
From: "E. A." <kin_taro_oe_at_dml_hotmail.com>

21. high idle at start up
From: "painintheass7565" <advantics_at_dml_aol.com>

22. Re: Horsepower vs Torque
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

23. Delorean Mid Atlantic Spring Socail - update
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

24. Monster Garage UK
From: "Chris" <chris_at_dml_internets.freeserve.co.uk>





Message: 1
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 14:51:00 -0500
From: "Alex Wolf" <alex_at_dml_ancira.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Drivers Side "Marker Lights"

I fixed it. It turns out, there are 2 pieces of flat metal where the wires
plug on to, the PO had mounted them both on the back of the switch, so it
was a constant connection. I removed one piece and mounted it to the screw
that holds the switch in. It works now, thanks guys!

Alex Wolf
#4608
www.deloreanowners.com 

 




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 2
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 13:03:46 -0700
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>
Subject: Re: Happy Happy Joy Joy


I did a quick  search at addresses.com and came up with his PO box in 
Bedminster, NJ.  I won't post the box # here but if you want it it's 
easy to find.

> Phil,
>
> What address did you send the picture too?
>
>
>
Phil Priestley
Alessandros 120
http://alessandros120.com/
(503)370-9951




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 3
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 21:45:01 -0000
From: "Dan Harris" <whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Ride from So. Florida

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_y...> 
wrote:
> Awhile ago there were several posts from (whocruiser), I believe 
offering a ride from Ft. Lauderdale Fl. Up to Pigeon Forge For the 
Big show.  
> Possibly interested in joining the caravan up there, any info?
> THANKS ALL?

Sorry John, I've been busy with several more projects than I actually 
have time for these last few weeks, and must apologize if I left you 
hanging in the mean time!  I'm still all set to do the drive up to 
Pigeon Forge, and will contact you privately this weekend about 
getting together to meet up for lunch or dinner and discuss trip 
plans.  Several others on the DML have let me know that they will be 
caravanning northwards from the Orlando & Tampa areas, and we will 
probably be meeting up with them for the rest of the drive. I've got 
the local phone number you gave me, and I'll try to give you a call 
tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon or evening.

Cheers - Dan Harris - VIN# 1662 - FL tag# MY 81DMC

          *****WhoCruiser_at_dml_aol.com is Dan Harris*****
WhoCruiser's Personal Home Page: http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser
Read about The Sci-Fi Sea Cruise at: http://www.scificruise.com
Purr-use The Cat House at: http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 4
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 22:34:06 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Continued: Renault Input Shafts

Ok, I'm not going to go beyond this message. Bill, You can believe what 
you like. I _have_ an "Alpine" engine to fit into my DeLorean. I write 
that in inverted commas because what I have is a Renault 25 turbo 
engine, which has a slightly different crank case (interchangable with a 
DMC's) and different intake pipework (which is nothing more than a 
couple of pipes which are a different shape on the Alpine).

You have clearly had very little experience with after-market tuning. I 
won't pretend I do, however I have several friends who have, and I'm 
learning as much as I can at the moment, and I'll begin by replying to 
your last point. Quote "250 HP is the more reliable number. You're going 
to be very hard pressed to get much more than that from a 3 liter 
gasoline engine, even turbocharged." - this is complete and utter 
nonsense. I've ridden in several fast cars - a Subaru Impreza Turbo (WRC 
champion several years running) which has a twin turbo 2-litre flat 4 
and my friend's puts out over 330hp. Another friend's Nissan Skyline 
with a single turbo 2 litre strait 6 putting out nearly 400hp. (and the 
modern 2.6 litre twin turbo equivalent can be tuned to over 600hp). I've 
also got a friend with a 550 hp 6 litre V12 normally aspirated 
Lambourgini Diablo, who also took me out in the Gallardo he had as a 
loan car recently..... and the Skyline is quicker than all of them.

Just because Renault tuned these cars to 250hp out of the factory, 
doesn't mean they aren't capable of a lot more. The top end that should 
be considered for boost is 20psi. Purely in air flow alone, you're 
talking equivalent displacement of over 7 litres (rough maths) - in an 
engine capable of 7000rpm. It doesn't matter how much torque you put 
through the gearbox, as long as the ratio is such that the tyres let go 
before you reach the limit of the gearbox, you won't break anything 
apart from traction.

I've also delved into the engine management on the Z7U and suffice to 
say that this is one area where Renault really were the envy of the 
world, in the mid 80's they were mapping these engines to a level of 
detail that even Cosworth could only dream of. And that's my final word 
on the subject: I was taken for a spin in a Sierra Cosworth last week. 
That's about 300hp from a 2 litre single turbo inline 4.

Martin


content22207 wrote:

>This same topic (Alpine HP) apparently made it way through the DML
>several times in 1998 with the same conclusion: 250 HP is the more
>reliable number. You're going to be very hard pressed to get much more
>than that from a 3 liter gasoline engine, even turbocharged.
>
>Bill Robertson
>#5939
>





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 5
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 18:46:32 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: 15 Amp Fuse?

In a message dated 5/1/04 2:52:44 PM Central Daylight Time, 
johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net writes:


> I'm currently relaciing all of the fuses and found a blue 15A in the 
> Reverse Lamps socket, (#16).  Shouldn't it be a 10A, or does it 
> matter as long as it's 10A or more?
> 
> Johnny
> 5518

Johnny,

the idea of a fuse is that if the power going thru the fuse exceeds that 
fuse's rating, then it is supposed to self-destruct, breaking the circuit, and not 
allow that extra amperage to the rest of the car.  the reason is that the 
electrics being powered through that circuit COULD be damaged by higher amperage, 
such as if you shorted the power wire to the frame or some other similar 
accident.  by having a 15 amp fuse, you are telling the car 'even though the parts 
being supplied by this fuse are damaged by more than 10 amps, i will allow 
those parts to get 15 amps if it is demaded (by a short or spike)'. you should 
replace the 15 with a 10 amp (as specified) to be safe and protect against 
damage.  always replace fuses with EQUALLY rated fuses.  a fire in your car would 
really ruin your day.

Andy


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 6
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 19:01:53 -0400
From: Michael T Twigger <marktwigger_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: Re: Delorean Sighting!!

It could of been a rerun of the car and driver episode where it was
featured in
their classic car and driver. It was about a 7 minute showing that really
isn't bad.
They include a quote from a long time ago saying the handling was safe, 
responsive, and the car is fun to drive.

MT


On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 21:08:09 -0000 "tianlung4028"
<tianlung4028_at_dml_netscape.net> writes:
> hi all,
> While flipping through the channels today I came across a D!  I 
> didn't get much but all I saw was the famous DMC on the grill and 
> about a second of them talking about it.  Did anyone else see this 
> on 
> Friday at 5 EST on Spike TV?
> Thanks,
> Larry Bauer
> no VIN..... yet
> 
> 
> 
> 
> To address comments privately to the moderating team, please 
> address:
> moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
> 
> For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see 
> www.dmcnews.com
> 
> To search the archives or view files, log in at 
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews 
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> 
> 
>  
> 
> 


________________________________________________________________
The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!



________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 7
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 23:19:33 -0000
From: "ronin5030" <yahoo_at_dml_oneskydojo.com>
Subject: Re: 15 Amp Fuse?

I checked mine. #16 has a 10A in it.

Mike Walsh
17084





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 8
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 20:56:06 -0400
From: "Jeff Chabotte" <webmaster_at_dml_88-mph.com>
Subject: RE: 15 Amp Fuse?

Fuses should always be replaced with the exact same rating. The reason
it's 10A is that the wiring may only hande 12A before begnning to melt
the shielding.. and eventually your car. So imagine pumping 15A through
a wire that can't handle it.

If anything, you'd replace it with a  smaller fuse to prevent that from
happening, but that depends on what the draw is through the circuit.
You'd have to measure the gauge of wire through the entire circuit to
determine if it could handle 15A.

So, really, it's just easier, cheaper, and safer to stick with 10A fuse
there.

-Jeff Chabotte
Norwich, CT
http://www.88-mph.com

-----Original Message-----
From: thebrave65 [mailto:johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net] 
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 2:37 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] 15 Amp Fuse?


I'm currently relaciing all of the fuses and found a blue 15A in the 
Reverse Lamps socket, (#16).  Shouldn't it be a 10A, or does it 
matter as long as it's 10A or more?

Johnny
5518




To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see
www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews 
Yahoo! Groups Links



 




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 9
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 18:10:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: Andrew Prentis <aprentis_at_dml_rocketmail.com>
Subject: Re: 15 Amp Fuse?

Johnny,
Yes it does matter.If the curcuit needs a 10 amp fuse
(which it does according to my owners manual) then put
it in.If you have a fuse that is rated higher,say a 15
amp in a 10 amp circuit,too much current will flow
through the curcuit potentially damaging it.The fuse
is there to protect the curcuit.If more than the rated
current tries to go through the fuse will blow opening
the curcuit to stop the flow.This protects what goes
after the fuse.If the fuse is rated too high it won't
blow at the right time allowing to much current
through the curcuit.So make sure all fuses are the
right size.While you're in there clean the fuse and
relay sockets with contact cleaner.

Andrew
VIN 2883
Sydney

--- thebrave65 <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net> wrote:
> I'm currently relaciing all of the fuses and found a
> blue 15A in the 
> Reverse Lamps socket, (#16).  Shouldn't it be a 10A,
> or does it 
> matter as long as it's 10A or more?
> 
> Johnny
> 5518
> 
> 
> 
> 
> To address comments privately to the moderating
> team, please address:
> moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
> 
> For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for
> sale see www.dmcnews.com
> 
> To search the archives or view files, log in at
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews 
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> 
>      dmcnews-unsubscribe_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
> 
>  
> 



	
		
__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at Yahoo! HotJobs  
http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/careermakeover 



________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 10
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 22:38:37 -0400
From: "Jon Heese" <heese_at_dml_digi-net.com>
Subject: RE: Giugiaro's Toyota

Not so fast, now.  You can attribute the similarities in the new
Alessandro Volta and the DMC-12 to family tradition, but they were not
designed by the same mind.   Giorgetto Giugiaro was responsible for the
DeLorean's lines, while the new Toyota was designed by his son,
Fabrizio.

Just FYI.

 - Jon Heese

-----Original Message-----
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com> 
Sent: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:09:23 -0000
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: Giugiaro's Toyota

Message: 5
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:09:23 -0000
From:
Subject: Giugiaro's Toyota

Did anyone else see Giugiaro's Toyota Volta by Italdesign?
I was checking it out in a magazine yesterday.
Pretty awesome.
Oddly enough, if you squint you can still see his influence, 
and that of the likes of the Delorean even after all these years.
- Videobob
VIN#5278





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 11
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 02:53:56 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Horsepower vs Torque

I think you've fallen into the same HP trap that gets so many people.
Horsepower (by itself) is NOT a measure of power transmitted through
the crankshaft -- torque is. A higher HP number does NOT automatically
translate into higher torque (your sportscar examples are roughly
equivalent to the HP rating of a semi tractor -- which one produces
more torque?). HP does indicate how fast a particular class of engine
can rev and still produce power before it starts to stumble all over
itself.

Remember: Horsepower is calculated: Torque x RPM's / 5252. This is the
exact same formula used by every engine manufacturer (has to be, or
else you couldn't compare one to another).

Notice that Torque can be measured idependently of HP. RPM's can be
measured independently of HP. Horsepower can not be calculated without
both Torque and RPM's.

In other words: a HP rating without either the RPM's or Torque at
which it was calculated is relatively useless.

The highest PRV HP rating I've found to date is a non-consumer Renault
Le Mans racing application. (I should have clarified my HP statement:
You're going to be hard pressed to get much more than 250 HP in a 3
liter production engine). It did put out something like 400 HP at 7000
RPM. But do the math -- that's only 300 Ft Lbs of Torque. Production
American big blocks have always exerted more.

The common misconception is that "horsepwer" somehow translates into a
an imaginary "number of horses" hitched to the front of your car
pulling it like a wagon. The obvious flaw with that vision is it
neither tells you how big the horses are nor how fast they are moving.
6 Clydesdales at a steady gait will outperform a dozen galloping
circus ponies every time. I guarantee it.

I like to raise uninitiated eyebrows with the locomotives my employer
used for many decades (electric traction motors I know, but the shock
value is the same). 600 max HP. Doesn't sound like much, does it? But
they produced that at 700 RPM's. In other words, they exerted more
than 4,500 Ft Lbs of Torque. That generates more than enough
electricity to pull 5 1/4 *MILLION* lbs of freight. Could your
similarly rated Lambourgini Diablo (550 HP) do the same? Of course it
couldn't, but a person comparing only Horsepower numbers would never
know that, would he? (Our railroad now uses bigger 1,500 HP units that
spin closer to 900 RPM)

Bill Robertson
#5939

>--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_d...> wrote:
> Ok, I'm not going to go beyond this message. Bill, You can believe what 
> you like. I _have_ an "Alpine" engine to fit into my DeLorean. I write 
> that in inverted commas because what I have is a Renault 25 turbo 
> engine, which has a slightly different crank case (interchangable
with a 
> DMC's) and different intake pipework (which is nothing more than a 
> couple of pipes which are a different shape on the Alpine).
> 
> You have clearly had very little experience with after-market tuning. I 
> won't pretend I do, however I have several friends who have, and I'm 
> learning as much as I can at the moment, and I'll begin by replying to 
> your last point. Quote "250 HP is the more reliable number. You're
going 
> to be very hard pressed to get much more than that from a 3 liter 
> gasoline engine, even turbocharged." - this is complete and utter 
> nonsense. I've ridden in several fast cars - a Subaru Impreza Turbo
(WRC 
> champion several years running) which has a twin turbo 2-litre flat 4 
> and my friend's puts out over 330hp. Another friend's Nissan Skyline 
> with a single turbo 2 litre strait 6 putting out nearly 400hp. (and the 
> modern 2.6 litre twin turbo equivalent can be tuned to over 600hp).
I've 
> also got a friend with a 550 hp 6 litre V12 normally aspirated 
> Lambourgini Diablo, who also took me out in the Gallardo he had as a 
> loan car recently..... and the Skyline is quicker than all of them.
> 
> Just because Renault tuned these cars to 250hp out of the factory, 
> doesn't mean they aren't capable of a lot more. The top end that should 
> be considered for boost is 20psi. Purely in air flow alone, you're 
> talking equivalent displacement of over 7 litres (rough maths) - in an 
> engine capable of 7000rpm. It doesn't matter how much torque you put 
> through the gearbox, as long as the ratio is such that the tyres let go 
> before you reach the limit of the gearbox, you won't break anything 
> apart from traction.
> 
> I've also delved into the engine management on the Z7U and suffice to 
> say that this is one area where Renault really were the envy of the 
> world, in the mid 80's they were mapping these engines to a level of 
> detail that even Cosworth could only dream of. And that's my final word 
> on the subject: I was taken for a spin in a Sierra Cosworth last week. 
> That's about 300hp from a 2 litre single turbo inline 4.
> 
> Martin
> 





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 12
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 02:57:40 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: DeLorean door light switches

Those flat pieces of metal ARE the switch. Don't even have a housing
around them. Quality, eh?

Bill Robertson
#5939

>--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Alex Wolf" <alex_at_dml_a...> wrote:
> I fixed it. It turns out, there are 2 pieces of flat metal where the
wires
> plug on to, the PO had mounted them both on the back of the switch,
so it
> was a constant connection. I removed one piece and mounted it to the
screw
> that holds the switch in. It works now, thanks guys!
> 
> Alex Wolf
> #4608
> www.deloreanowners.com




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 13
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 22:48:41 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: led number

No, these bulbs are different.
The little "nipples" that hold them in are in different spots for one thing.
The 1156 is made to have one position - ON.
The 1157 is a two position, ON, and BRIGHT.
It is made to be a low running light and then to get twice as bright as a 
brake light.

The light boards on the Delorean all use the 1156 style.
Even though the running light uses a smaller type, you can use a regular 
1156.

The only place you can use the 1157's are in the FRONT blinkers,
but don't bother because the LED versions of these suck, and are not bright 
enough to work.

I have some of these if you need them, contact me off the list for more 
info.
- VB


>From: "Dustin Dewey" <dmc5000_at_dml_hotmail.com>
>Reply-To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [DML] led number
>Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 03:51:56 +0000
>
>
>Hi everyone!!!
>Just wanted to know if there is much difference between the 1156 led bulb,
>and a 1157?
>It looks like to me that the 1157 will fit in the tail light just the same
>as the 1156.
>Anyways, I wanted to check this before I buy anything. Thanks!!!
>
>Dustin 006746
>PS. Shannon Y, Joe O, and I installed my elglo dash kit tonight. It came 
>out
>looking killer.
>Thank you Shannon and Joe!!! Ryan has a great product. Thank you also Ryan
>G.
>
>_________________________________________________________________
>Stop worrying about overloading your inbox - get MSN Hotmail Extra Storage!
>http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=hotmail/es2&ST=1/go/onm00200362ave/direct/01/
>
>
>
>
>To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
>moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>
>For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com
>
>To search the archives or view files, log in at 
>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>

_________________________________________________________________
FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar  get it now! 
http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 14
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 22:53:12 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Giugiaro's Toyota

Maybe the article I read left that part out......
But I still see the influence...don't you think?
Still a cool car!
- VB


>From: "Jon Heese" <heese_at_dml_digi-net.com>
>Reply-To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: RE: [DML] Giugiaro's Toyota
>Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 22:38:37 -0400
>
>Not so fast, now.  You can attribute the similarities in the new
>Alessandro Volta and the DMC-12 to family tradition, but they were not
>designed by the same mind.   Giorgetto Giugiaro was responsible for the
>DeLorean's lines, while the new Toyota was designed by his son,
>Fabrizio.
>
>Just FYI.
>
>  - Jon Heese
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
>Sent: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:09:23 -0000
>To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Giugiaro's Toyota
>Message: 5
>    Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:09:23 -0000
>    From:
>Subject: Giugiaro's Toyota
>
>Did anyone else see Giugiaro's Toyota Volta by Italdesign?
>I was checking it out in a magazine yesterday.
>Pretty awesome.
>Oddly enough, if you squint you can still see his influence,
>and that of the likes of the Delorean even after all these years.
>- Videobob
>VIN#5278
>
>
>
>
>
>To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
>moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>
>For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com
>
>To search the archives or view files, log in at 
>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>

_________________________________________________________________
Stop worrying about overloading your inbox - get MSN Hotmail Extra Storage! 
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=hotmail/es2&ST=1/go/onm00200362ave/direct/01/




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 15
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 01:21:31 -0400
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>
Subject: Re: DeLorean door light switches

I don't know...the glovebox light /engine compartment light plunger 
switches have housings, and they break all the time...I don't think I'd 
want any more brittle housings where they weren't needed.

-Josh
VIN 5102
VIN 15964
and the rest...


content22207 wrote:

>Those flat pieces of metal ARE the switch. Don't even have a housing
>around them. Quality, eh?
>
>Bill Robertson
>#5939
>
>  
>
>>--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Alex Wolf" <alex_at_dml_a...> wrote:
>>I fixed it. It turns out, there are 2 pieces of flat metal where the
>>    
>>
>wires
>  
>
>>plug on to, the PO had mounted them both on the back of the switch,
>>    
>>
>so it
>  
>
>>was a constant connection. I removed one piece and mounted it to the
>>    
>>
>screw
>  
>
>>that holds the switch in. It works now, thanks guys!
>>
>>Alex Wolf
>>#4608
>>www.deloreanowners.com
>>    
>>
>
>
>
>
>To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
>moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>
>For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com
>
>To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews 
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
> 
>
>
>  
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 16
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 04:56:57 -0000
From: "thinkstainless" <stldrgn_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Pigeon Forge

Is John Delorean going to be at Pigeon Forge? Just wondering.






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 17
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 20:28:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Horsepower vs Torque

Wow..  Can I put one of those in my DeLorean??   What
would the 0-60, and 1/4 mile times be?  

:)

--- content22207 <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net> wrote:
<SNIP>
> I like to raise uninitiated eyebrows with the
> locomotives my employer
> used for many decades (electric traction motors I
> know, but the shock
> value is the same). 600 max HP. Doesn't sound like
> much, does it? But
> they produced that at 700 RPM's. In other words,
> they exerted more
> than 4,500 Ft Lbs of Torque. That generates more
> than enough
> electricity to pull 5 1/4 *MILLION* lbs of freight.
<SNIP>


	
		
__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at Yahoo! HotJobs  
http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/careermakeover 



________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 18
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 01:38:51 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Car Show Update Pigeon Forge Stats

Well its past May 1st and we have a few interesting facts on the show

235 people have registered so far.  If the trend continues usually this is 
about 1/2 of how many people will register by the end so we will probably be 
about 450 people in attendance.  This does not mean that there are 450 at all 
events as some people did not  register for all events.  But this would make the 
show larger than Memphis and all other shows if the numbers hold up.

States so far represented (and I may have missed one or two its late)
AZ, 
AL,CA,CT,ND,GA,KY,IL,IN,FL,NY,MA,MI,ME,MD,NH,NC,MO,OH,NJ,OR,PA,SC,TN,TX,MN,VA,WI,WA
Also Australia, Ireland,England and Europe

So that is 28 States, Same as Memphis.

The states with the most attending are IL and NY/NJ (no surprise) followed by 
PA (surprise) and then California, Ohio then the Northwest.

Most people chose to do all events

The last minute before May 1st registrations tended to be partial 
registrations

15 Magazine subscriptions were sold and 18 renewals so far.
We have plenty so feel free to subsribe or renew.

So far 124 are returning and the rest are new so we have 53% returning and 
47% new 
This stat has held in all the shows except of course the first one.

Of rooms rented we are at 203 one more than was taken in Memphis so far with 
6 weeks to go.

68% of registered parties in the hotel have event registered.

There are 64 cars registered to date vs 52 cars at this time for Memphis.

Again this is about half so double that and we could have 128 cars potential

Most people registered online although I don't have the split yet.

The Raffle car is at 140 tickets sold as of today and there are 12 tickets 
that I know of in the mail.  So as was stated in the previous e-mails we 
anticipated hitting the minimum by May 1st so that has been done and the RAFFLE is 
on.  We will be giving it away on Saturday June 19th as we planned.

If you have not registered please do so ASAP.  It helps me prepare and 
requires less last minute work.  I can use the help.

We will take registrations up to the 15th of June then I am going down to 
Pigeon Forge and will not have access to the computer so the program will be 
disabled at that point.

If you need a refund you can have a full refund up to the day before the 
event.

Thanks for the support
See you in Pigeon Forge


Ken


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 19
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 06:22:27 -0000
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: 15 Amp Fuse?

Very cool and thanx a bunch to all for the help.  I understand how 
they work now and I feel much better about replacing all of the 
fuses.  I figured that one fuse was suspect and so decided to ask the 
rest of the DeLorean community about it.  My fuse box is now loaded 
with the proper amperage fuses according to the factory specs.

Thanx again to all of you.  This forum is truly a blessing.

Johnny
5518


 Johnny,
 Yes it does matter.If the curcuit needs a 10 amp fuse
 (which it does according to my owners manual) then put
 it in.If you have a fuse that is rated higher,say a 15
 amp in a 10 amp circuit,too much current will flow
 through the curcuit potentially damaging it.The fuse
 is there to protect the curcuit.If more than the rated
 current tries to go through the fuse will blow opening
 the curcuit to stop the flow.This protects what goes
 after the fuse.If the fuse is rated too high it won't
 blow at the right time allowing to much current
 through the curcuit.So make sure all fuses are the
 right size.While you're in there clean the fuse and
 relay sockets with contact cleaner.
 
 Andrew
 VIN 2883
 Sydney
 





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 20
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 10:19:19 -0000
From: "E. A." <kin_taro_oe_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: a small tip to prevent malfunction in the door lock control unit

the relay contacts can stick together and burn the solenoid because 
of the sparks generated by the commutation

we can use two 100nF (ceramic or plastic) capacitors to prevent 
sparks

obviously one capacitor for each relay

the capacitor must be connected like a bridge on the two switching 
contacts

ceramic or plastic capacitors have no polarization

Also the modification suggested by Elvis Nocita is surely necessary 
and useful





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 21
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 14:54:44 -0000
From: "painintheass7565" <advantics_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: high idle at start up

My baby starts now, but idles a little high at about 1200 rpm. It 
will run fine for a few minutes  then it gets a little ruff and then 
wants to die if you don't give it gas. I tested the idle speed switch 
and it is working. How do I tell if the idle speed motor is working 
or not? Thanks in advance.

John 5326 & 1383




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 22
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 14:01:46 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Horsepower vs Torque

I'll make one more reply to you Bill, largely because I forgot to put it 
in my last post. The Z7U is actually set up with an active boost 
controller, controlled by the ECU. What is it's function? It was 
integrated so that the boost could be limited in low gears to prevent 
wheelspin. The DeLorean has a lot more rubber on the road and will not 
need this - it also has the higher final drive. I'm going to be worried 
about my input shaft but will be keeping my ear to the ground looking 
for another 25 turbo, this time complete, so I can strip the gearbox, 
and perhaps sell you the engine?

Martin





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 23
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 09:29:02 -0400
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: Delorean Mid Atlantic Spring Socail - update

Yesterday was the Mid Atlantic club's spring social, and it turned out
to be a great event!   I will be posting pictures and updates to the
club website in a few days for everyong to see.

Thanks to everyone who attended, and special thanks to Rob & Debby
Grady, Dan D., and everyone else who helped put the event together.  

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 24
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 12:54:39 +0100
From: "Chris" <chris_at_dml_internets.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Monster Garage UK

A UK version of Monster Garage has just started with our own version of
Jesse James.

This weeks challenge was to convert a 1971 Lotus Europa S2 into a
hovercraft...sound familiar!! There must be some mad Lotus fans in the
UK...They kept the car's engine so the car would drive on the road then
added 2 engines, 1 for thrust and 1 for lift.

http://www.channel4.com/science/microsites/M/monstergarage/programmes.html

They got it to work as a hovervraft but it failled the challenege, which
invlovled them racing a Army hovercraft. They decided not to crush it tho
like they did with the DeLorean.

Chris S





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     dmcnews-unsubscribe_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------