From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2004
Date: Saturday, May 08, 2004 4:06 PM

1. RE: Venturing for some thoughts...
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

2. Buzzer backwards?
From: "gzapf" <gzapf_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: bosch coil part number
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

4. Re: Re: Vortec Conversion
From: "at88mph" <at88mph_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

5. Re: Local tire shop
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

6. Re: reset lambda?
From: "jmlaux83" <jmlaux83_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 23:22:04 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Venturing for some thoughts...

Reliabilty is not one of the problems with the car that bears your namesake.
It is the lack of power.
The PRV is a great engine, runs great and is reliable.
If you are going to go through the massave undertaking of an engine swap,
put in something with balls.
I reccomend something like the Acura Legend engine, or the Northstar v-6 out
of a
Oldsmobile Aurora.
Otherwise nothing beats a good old Chevy-350.
It's a little heavy, but it will spin the tires.
- VB

Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 05:40:31 -0000
From: "gzapf" <gzapf_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Buzzer backwards?

I have an interesting, somewhat backwards behavior coming from my door
open switches:
-It buzzes when the driver door is open, any time it is open.
-Interior lights (when in door open position) alight only when
passenger door opens, or when driver door is open and key is in ignition
-Likewise, driver door lights only turn on when door is open and key
is in ignition.  Passenger door behaves properly.

My understanding is that the key in or out of the ignition should
result in the opposite behaviors (buzz when key in, lights
regardless).  I believe the previous owner played in the steering
column.  Is there something I just need to plug in differently in
there, or is it something else under the dash / footwell area?

Thanks,
--Greg

Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 14:29:25 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: bosch coil part number

And 2 years ago when I went to my local BOSCH parts supplier, they
wanted over $70 for the coil! On at least %98 of the parts that you
can buy for your car, DeLorean vendors will be cheaper. Moreso now
that BOSCH has started jacking up prices.

Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 00:31:14 -0500
From: "at88mph" <at88mph_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Vortec Conversion

I reactivated the site.  I guess it may have to do with you using the
'master.html' tag instead of www.geocities.com/at88mph_1999  I haven't put
anything up on the Porsche tranny swap though.  I've got the pics and stuff
but haven't found the time to put the pics/info up, however, I have posted
the info to the list.  On the site listed above, you may have to come back
to look at all the pics due to bandwidth limits.  I'm gonna see if I can
start transferring the files over to my www.corvetteforum.com account Monday
so bandwith won't be an issue.

Duke
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 18:45:03 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Local tire shop

Paranoid? Not at all. The garage where I take my DeLorean to when I
need certain work done related a story simular to this to me, when I
asked them about a competent car alarm shop to remove the unit
installed in my car. A local owner in Vegas back in the late 80's had
a D that had a beautiful paint job, was lowered, had neon, custom
wheels, TV inside, etc... The car was totally tricked out from bumper
to bumper. And then one day, he decided to install a car alarm, so he
took it to some local shop. 3 days later, the car was stolen, and
never recovered. It happened in the middle of the night, and the alarm
never went off. Plus, the guy had the car since new, and parked in his
driveway all those years, and no one had ever disturbed it. It had
also been discovered that several other expensive cars that had
recently had alarms installed at this shop were stolen as well.
Needless to say, the shop went out of business a long time ago.

So no, I don't believe that you can ever be too protective with your
car, and your private information. The liability aspect of it *might*
be possible, except for the fact that everyone out there keeps
installing ridiccculous sized tires on their vehicles. And besides, if
liability were a concern, then I'm sure that tire shops would start
making people sign liability releases anytime they purchase tires that
exceed manufacturers reccomendations.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "supermattthehero" <supermatty_at_dml_p...>

Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 07:20:30 -0000
From: "jmlaux83" <jmlaux83_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: reset lambda?

Alright, heres a question, how do you reset the lambda counter? I
just replaced my O2 sensor.