From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2006
Date: Sunday, May 09, 2004 1:18 PM

1. Re: Torsion bars removed.
From: "Wilhelm Starberg" <wilm_at_dml_broadpark.no>

2. Re: glove box bulb?
From: ramilton <82delorean_at_dml_earthlink.net>

3. Cross Reference
From: "ronin5030" <yahoo_at_dml_oneskydojo.com>

4. Farrar Hudkins and VIN 980
From: "dmczack" <zack_at_dml_seanbaby.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 13:19:42 -0000
From: "Wilhelm Starberg" <wilm_at_dml_broadpark.no>
Subject: Re: Torsion bars removed.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "twinenginedmc12" <twinenginedmc12_at_dml_g..
wrote:

> > (msg. #41086)
> > Rick: did you have to remove the doors when you removed the
> > torsion bar bracket plate? It seems like my door hinges are
mounted
> > on top of that plate? are there different versions out there?
> >

> Yes, to get the roof support off, you have to remove the doors and
> the hinges.  It's a lot of work.

I was afraid you were going to say that...

> If your roof support is not too
> bad, I would leave it alone, perhaps use some Loctite "Extend" brand
> rust pacifier if it has light surface rust.

My roof support is not that bad, but the edges are quite rusty,
I am seriously considering to remove it, I hate to mount my
T-panel and torsion bars back in, knowing that everything is not
in proper shape.
If I remove my roof, I will also be able to install rivet nuts -
to hold the roof down.

> I hope you're having fun doing all these things.  I consider it one
> of the best aspects of owning a Delorean, myself.  Not a chore at
all.

Yeah, It is a lot of fun actually, except removing rusty screws - I'm
sick and tired of that :)

Thanks for the info Rick, and thanks for the warnings David.

Steve: (msg #41132)
The bars were rubbing the hinge, not the rubber, not a god picture.

I have added some pictures of the bars, including a close up of the
area were the bars and hinges were rubbing against eachother.
http://home.broadpark.no/~wstarber/dmc/torsion.html

--
Wilhelm S.

Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 10:26:46 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
From: ramilton <82delorean_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: glove box bulb?

What I would like to see is a cross refererence for all of the lights for the delorean in an excel spredsheet which shows what the closest Part in the USA.  Also the pin fuction of the relays,  such as coil, and normal open and normal closed contacts.
Richard Milton
82delorean_at_dml_earthlink.net

Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 14:37:19 -0000
From: "ronin5030" <yahoo_at_dml_oneskydojo.com>
Subject: Cross Reference

I was wondering if anyone has a cross reference for light bulbs. I
have searched all the forums (and just about every where else) and
can't find a listing.

The available cross references are a great resource but what if a
parts place does not have reference books, or the counter guy can't
be bothered to spend the time to look up part numbers? Would it not
be easier to list the parts also by make,model, and engine they are
off of? Just to give an example, for the past 3 days I have been
trying to find an air filter. At 4 good part stores up here in Canada
I walked to the counter with the old filter and a parts cross
reference ( http://www.dmc12.com/crossref.htm ). After explaining
what it was for and showing them the filter and the cross reference
they proceeded to look up every number in all the books they had. In
2 instances they said it could be ordered but would take a couple of
weeks. At the other 2 places I was told that size filter did not
exist. I took the old filter and compared it to all the filters they
had on the shelves. Although I found some with the same width or
length none of them matched. It would be much easier if I could say
it was for a "1982 Volvo" and give them a model and engine then to go
by reference numbers.

Anyway I ended up ordering a filter (along with some other goodies
from one of our venders). I would be willing to compile a cross
reference of proven parts (Including light bulbs!) along with what
they are off of and any specific comments regarding these specific
parts. If this is done I apologize but I have yet to find a
compromise list except for the link above and some information in the
parts database software..

Once the cross reference starts to build I will post it on the web
and keep it updated.

Mike Walsh
delorean (at) mikewalsh.net

Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 15:13:36 -0000
From: "dmczack" <zack_at_dml_seanbaby.com>
Subject: Farrar Hudkins and VIN 980

hello list!

ive come out of 2.5 years hibernation to post once more on DMC news.
this time im looking to speak with Farrar Hudkins (couldnt find any
recent posts, and the email address i had is no longer in use) about
DMC vin #980.  A car i lost, but did not forget about.  ive just
recently started wondering about what ever did happen to that car.

i kind of hit a brick wall at Farrar Hudkins, and i need your help!
if anyone here knows anything either about the whereabouts of Farrar,
or VIN 980, please let me know.  last i knew, the car was around
Wisconson, and Farrar may have been in the process of buying it.

car had an auto trans, cherry black interior, bad exhaust manifold
gasket, stapled headliner, ect... just so ya know i know something
about this car.

thanks in advance!

-Zack