From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2015
Date: Friday, May 14, 2004 2:26 AM

From: billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com

From: "ronin5030" <yahoo_at_dml_oneskydojo.com>

From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

From: "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_hawes74.freeserve.co.uk>

From: "Daniel F." <delorean_at_dml_ramblerman.com>

From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

From: Cory Cooley <mrdelorean88_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Windscreen and dashboard
From: "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_hawes74.freeserve.co.uk>

12. Door problem!!!!!
From: "johnzd81" <johnzd81_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 16:17:41 EDT
From: billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Window switch stencils

they were offered by an owner in Canada off his website a few years back. He
no longer sells them. I think he had people complaining about the price, etc.
so he stopped. I bit the bullet and bought the new ones from houston...they
look great

Mike C

Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 21:34:02 -0000
From: "ronin5030" <yahoo_at_dml_oneskydojo.com>

I found a set here:
http://www.mydelorean.com/modellen.html

I think there might be other venders as well.

Mike Walsh
#17084

Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 18:26:58 -0400
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Mode switch anomoly

New not NOS mode switch diaphrams are available at P.J. Grady and DMCH

Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 22:55:59 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

Instructions here: ftp://dmcnews.com/pub/zine003.pdf

Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 23:27:58 +0100
From: "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_hawes74.freeserve.co.uk>

Thanks for the feedback, I will give the mode switch an overhaul first and
if that doesn't solve it, check the vacuum motors too.

Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 15:50:18 -0700
From: "Daniel F." <delorean_at_dml_ramblerman.com>
Subject: Re: quick question

Lauren,

Glad to hear that another DeLorean has made it's way to Tucson and to an
owner who can appreciate it. We (The Arizona DeLorean Club) plan events
occasionally in Tucson and actually have an informal event planned for
Saturday, May 22nd. If you are interested please contact myself or
someone else in the AZ-D Club, as it would be great to meet you and the
car. It's also nice to see more and more 1982's in the club (I have an
'82 also, VIN 10920).

By the way, I live in the city of CASA GRANDE where you pulled over when
you overheated. This may sound a bit defensive, but you really shouldn't
describe a town that you apparently know nothing about (and you weren't
even in the city limits!). Casa Grande is one of the largest growing
cities in AZ. However, I still believe that I have the only DeLorean in
the area, which is kind of cool. We hope to hear from you soon...

Daniel
VIN 10920

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 18:57:07 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Window switch stencils

In a message dated 5/13/04 5:26:21 PM Central Daylight Time,
yahoo_at_dml_oneskydojo.com writes:

> I found a set here:
> http://www.mydelorean.com/modellen.html
>
> I think there might be other venders as well.
>
> Mike Walsh

If you attempt to buy the one on the above website, it says they are not
currently available.  how hard would it be for someone who has the know-how to
make new stensils?????  why should i buy a new switch for some white paint?

Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 22:31:15 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: re NOS and other parts info

Don't forget "remanufactured" -- backbone of the contemporary auto
parts industry.

That's the purpose of core charges BTW: to get rebuildable cores.

You can usually see on a remanufactured part where the OEM logo was
ground off.

Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 22:57:38 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: NOS?

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Lauren" <LPLand_at_dml_e...> wrote:
> I know I'll be slapping my forehead with my hand when someone
> tells me -- but what does NOS mean?

NOS = New Old Stock.
This refers to car parts. It means that it's an original, unused part
that was apart of the original parts inventory. Usually from a
current, or old dealership.

Or, it might refer to NitrousOxide systems used on cars. The just
depends upon what you're refering too.

> And I keep forgetting to mention -- had anyone else gotton sucked
in
> to watching the TV movie about earthquakes last week and noticed
> that the logo they created for the investigational team was exactly
> like the DMC logo?

Yep, I saw that one too on the wall in the background. If I remember
correctly, the C & D letters were totally arched, but the M letter
was dead-on. It's funny where little references and simularities will
sometimes pop-up.

Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 15:32:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: Cory Cooley <mrdelorean88_at_dml_yahoo.com>

NOS is short for Nitrous Oxide System. This is the stuff makes your car go faster and kicks up the horse power. If you watch the movie Fast and the Furious you will understand.
Cory

Lauren <LPLand_at_dml_earthlink.net> wrote:
I know I'll be slapping my forehead with my hand when someone
tells me -- but what does NOS mean?

And I keep forgetting to mention -- had anyone else gotton sucked in
to watching the TV movie about earthquakes last week and noticed
that the logo they created for the investigational team was exactly
like the DMC logo?

....................LP
still seduced by stainless

Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 23:26:14 +0100
From: "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_hawes74.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Windscreen and dashboard

My dashboard is not level as it sits too low on the drivers side (really
easy to see when following the top of the black windscreen strip.  I also
want to replace the screws that hold in the 3 vents on the dash near the
windscreen.

My windscreen needs to be removed so that the foam packing or whatever stops
leaks can be renewed.  As you can see condensation inside and near the edges
when it has sat in the rain.

The questions I have are....

1) can the dash be removed without disturbing the windscreen as it isn't
really pratical to do both jobs at the same time?

2) What is the current situation with replacment windscreens (my antenna is
telescopic at the rear near-side of the car) just in case the worst
happened....

Thanks in advance

Chris H.

Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 23:21:56 -0000
From: "johnzd81" <johnzd81_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Door problem!!!!!

Hey all,
My passenger door lock is stuck. I can hear the relays clicking, and
can move the relays manually in the relay compartment (with a
popsicle stick) they click, but still no go. I tried unplugging the
two wires (red and brown) but the solenoid will not let go. Any
other ideas? Don't care if the locks work at this point, just want
to get the darn door open so I can rewind the solenoids!!!!

Thanks in advance.
JOHNZD81