From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2021
Date: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 2:49 AM

1. Re: Gas Prices (WAS: Disney)
From: aabclafon_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: Gas Prices (WAS: Disney)
From: Eric Itzel <eric_at_dml_seviernet.com>

3. re: Black Dye For Leather Seats
From: "Toscano" <toscano2_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>

4. Re: Gas Prices (WAS: Disney)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: How many of us are in the Bay Area (Ca)?
From: Jeff Angwin <jeff_at_dml_angwin.us>

6. New poll : Fuel autonomy of the DeLorean.
From: "chris_delorean" <88mph_at_dml_delorean.com>

7. Re: Gas Prices (WAS: Disney)
From: "Payne" <bpayne_at_dml_macnet.com>

8. AW: Re: Original locking module: Really that bad?
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

9. Re: How many of us are in the Bay Area (Ca)?
From: "Charlie G" <charlie_az_at_dml_hotmail.com>

10. Re: Gas Prices (WAS: Disney)
From: "joeyoseppijoe" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Gas Prices - Europe?
From: Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Re: Re: Gas Prices (WAS: Disney)
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

13. Re: Gas Prices - Europe?
From: jordan rubin <nuttenschleuder_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. RE: Gas Prices - check the net!
From: "Jeff Chabotte" <Jeff_at_dml_88-mph.com>

15. Gas Prices/Pigeon Forge
From: "Paul" <vrt10whips_at_dml_yahoo.com>

16. Re: New poll : Fuel autonomy of the DeLorean.
From: Andrew <aos+yahoo_at_dml_boom.net>

17. Re: Gas Prices - Europe?
From: "Wilhelm Starberg" <wilm_at_dml_broadpark.no>

18. EFI conversion Vin 6147 Pictures
From: jwit6_at_dml_cs.com

19. Re: Gas Prices - Europe?
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

20. Addition to DeLorean Car Show
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

21. RE: Re: Original locking module: Really that bad?
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 12:41:42 EDT
From: aabclafon_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Gas Prices (WAS: Disney)

Gas prices in Indiana are  $2.00 - $2.06 per gallen

Thanks
David L.

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 13:07:17 -0400
From: Eric Itzel <eric_at_dml_seviernet.com>

Gas prices are around $1.86 for 87 octane here in Pigeon Forge.

Eric

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 12:51:40 -0400
From: "Toscano" <toscano2_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>
Subject: re: Black Dye For Leather Seats

When I owned VIN 1650 and her seats needed re-coloring, I used liquid Kiwi
Scuff Magic shoe scuff stuff...worked great, no need to "blend", dried just
fine and did not crack like thicker liquid polishes would. Beware of liquid
polishes like Shape Up that are thick like paint...they chip off like paint
as well.

~ David C. Toscano

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 09:47:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Count your blessings!  I just drove my D back from
California this past weekend.  Since it is turbo'd, I
burn "premium".  The least I paid in CA was $2.42 per
gallon and the most was $2.59.

At the corner nearest my father-in-law's place, there
are three gas stations (different brands) on the
corners.  On May 11th, they were all at $2.19 for
regular, on May 12th they were all at $2.22 and on May
13th they were all at $2.27!!!

Dick Ryan

http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 10:24:52 -0700
From: Jeff Angwin <jeff_at_dml_angwin.us>
Subject: Re: How many of us are in the Bay Area (Ca)?

Hi Sean:

I drive my D (vin 3034) daily between my home in the Rose Garden and the
ebay campus near the airport. I must say, that I too have not seen any
D's in regular driving... only through the club events do I see any
other owners and their D's, and there actually are quite a few of us in
the south bay!

If you are interested in getting together with us, please do! for info
go to http://ncdmc.org

---Jeff---

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 18:04:58 -0000
From: "chris_delorean" <88mph_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: New poll : Fuel autonomy of the DeLorean.

Hello all,

The DeLorean has a 13.5 US Gal. fuel tank and I think it is a little
too small. So I created a poll to know your position about the
DeLorean fuel autonomy.

Kind regards,

Chris.
VIN#04271.

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 11:12:17 -0700
From: "Payne" <bpayne_at_dml_macnet.com>

You are lucky to only have to pay $1.90 a gallon.  Here in parts of Oregon
we're at $2.35 a gallon.

payne
> I'd use any excuse in the world to go to Disney...
> But has anyone looked at the gas prices recently?
>
> gas is above $1.90 a gallon (Regular) here in NJ..
> Can anyone report on fuel prices between here and
> Pigeon Forge?

---

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 22:08:36 +0200
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>
Subject: AW: Re: Original locking module: Really that bad?

David - just one last remark - there are Diodes integrated
in the module to prevent it from overvoltage induced by the coils.
If you check the schematic (I think it was drawn by Dave Swingle )
you can see D1 and D11. (Remember- when the voltae on a coil is turned off,
the current will comtinue to flow by reversing the voltage - in this moment
the diodes will be conducting...)

Therefore - no short thru the insulation.

Elvis

I agree that if you are handy there are things you can do with the
origional module. Many owners are not and the easiest thing for them
to install is the Lockzilla. I still believe it is the inductive load
that is the cause of the relay being under capacity. When the contacts
open all the power in the solenoids has nowhere to go except to arc
the contacts in the relay or stay contained within the solenoid
breaking down the insulation. Once the coil gets shorted turns now it
draws even more current when the relay contacts close. Oversizing the
relay contacts only covers the symptom, the ultimate fix is to have
circuitry that can "dump" the power in the load (coils). Lockzilla
seems to be a good fix. Anyway we both agree that the origional door
lock module is dangerous unless modified or replaced. My recomendation
to all owners is to disconnect it until you can afford to do something
with it to avoid damaging the solenoids. Once the solenoids are
damaged they must be replaced or rewound no matter what you eventually
do with the locking module. Even Lockzilla can't help you with shorted
door solenoids.

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 19:35:03 -0000
From: "Charlie G" <charlie_az_at_dml_hotmail.com>

  When I used to live in San Fran, everyday on the way to my colledge
I saw a "D" parked in or near the BofA near Market & VanNess. Maybie
he is still there.

CG

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 20:11:08 -0000
From: "joeyoseppijoe" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Don't feel bad, I'd jump at the chance to fill up at that bargain
price. Around here in Bellevue, Ohio for regular 87 it hovers around
$2.05 - $2.15 for a gallon of cheap gas. 93 is almost $2.52 a
gallon. What supply demand are we fighting? Everywhere we go there
is plenty of gas? Just not enough money on the exchange yet I guess.
Rip Off. Just wanted you to not feel bad as those prices you have
look good from where I'm standing. This weekend in Cincinnati I got
a break filling up at $1.99 a gallon. Hopefully it will go down
instead of up.

Joe
2524 & 16634

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 13:45:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Gas Prices - Europe?

Can some of our members from the other side of the
pond report as to what gas prices are doing over there?

=====
Steve

VIN 2650 ("Project Delorean")
www.projectdelorean.com

http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 16:15:04 -0500
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Gas Prices (WAS: Disney)

( moderators note: The gas price discussion is drifting away from any DeLorean connection and is becoming political. I'm not posting anything that doesn't have a DeLorean related connection, for example: the price we will encounter on the trip to P.F. which was the intention when this topic started. )

Joe,

Don't know if you are old enough to remember 1980.  But in 1980 the
price of crude oil also reach $40 per barrel like it is today.  However,
gasoline prices were only $1.49 per gallon back then.  Today, they are
over $2.00 per gallon.

Making this even worse of a rip off, is the fact that refinery
efficiency has increased by 5% during this 24 year period. The net
impact is we are being ripped off by the oil companies by more the 50
cents per gallon in pure profit.

I would be willing to bet that this has something to do with the fact
that BUSH and Cheney are both from oil companies.

IF YOU AREN'T MAD, YOU NOT PAYING ATTENTION!

BOB

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 14:56:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: jordan rubin <nuttenschleuder_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Gas Prices - Europe?

South Germany 1.12 - 1.18Euro per liter regular.
G.B.s prices are suckin though. 70pence per liter?
I think it cost me 50 something pounds to fill a
mercedes last month in London.

jordan
11613

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 18:54:28 -0400
From: "Jeff Chabotte" <Jeff_at_dml_88-mph.com>
Subject: RE: Gas Prices - check the net!

Find your local gas prices online. Submit yours and help your friends.

http://www.gasbuddy.com

-Jeff Chabotte
Norwich, CT
http://www.88-mph.com

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 22:09:38 -0000
From: "Paul" <vrt10whips_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Gas Prices/Pigeon Forge

Go Figure,

I'm finally able to afford a Delorean, and when I get it I won't be
able to afford to put any Gas in it.

Also, I was thinking about driving to Pigeon Forge to check out the
cars on saturday, is this possible, or is it only for people who
registered for the entire event?  Also, do owners tend to have cars
for sale there too, or is it pure show?

Either way it sounds like a blast, I wish I had the time to go for
the whole four days.

Regards,

Paul the Whip Guy
MidWestWhips

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 19:02:13 -0500 (CDT)
From: Andrew <aos+yahoo_at_dml_boom.net>
Subject: Re: New poll : Fuel autonomy of the DeLorean.

On Mon, 17 May 2004, chris_delorean wrote:

> The DeLorean has a 13.5 US Gal. fuel tank and I think it is a little
> too small. So I created a poll to know your position about the
> DeLorean fuel autonomy.

My Delorean still forces me to buy fuel from a major oil company, so it's
not particularly autonomous.  I think to achieve true fuel autonomy, we'll
need something like Mr. Fusion.

Are you sure you didn't mean fuel *economy*?

-andrew

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 23:28:57 -0000
From: "Wilhelm Starberg" <wilm_at_dml_broadpark.no>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_y...>
wrote:
> Can some of our members from the other side of the
> pond report as to what gas prices are doing over there?

Today, in Norway, i paid 10.2NKR per litre.
That is 1.48USD per litre / 6.7USD per gallon.

That might cheer you guys and girls up a little :)

--
wilhelm

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 20:26:25 -0400
From: jwit6_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: EFI conversion Vin 6147 Pictures

Pictures of the EFI conversion and custom dual throttle body intake setup on 6147 have been posted with the add on Collector Car Trader Online. Here's the link.

http://www.collectorcartraderonline.com/caddetail.html?/ad-cache/10/8/2/71744982.htm

If anyone is intersted in doing something like this drop me a line. Or
if anyone wants to buy it, I'd be glad to drive it to Pigeon Forge for you :-)

Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 01:04:49 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

Exceeding 80p/litre now for regular unleaded which is about $5.36 a
gallon in the UK.

Martin

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 22:08:40 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Addition to DeLorean Car Show

Since we are highlighting the BTTF cars at this show we have tried to get
people that were active with the movie or associated with it we have added one
more guest.

As you know Stephen Clark runs the BTTF website and he will of course be
there.
In addition we have as our special guest Claudia Wells (Jenfier Parker in
BTTF1)

Well we added one more to the list
Bob Gale one of the Creators/directors of BTTF series will be there as well.

He and Claudia are good friends and it looks to be a reunion for these two.

Both are looking forward to meeting all of you.

See you in Pigeon Forge

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 21:11:33 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Original locking module: Really that bad?

I know the subject has been beat up over the years but I'll say it again.
Here is all I do to inexpensively fix the factory door lock module.
We are always replacing relays in car the but never the relay's in the lock
module black box. So, I replace the relay's, replace any blown diodes and
replace the circuit breaker with a 10,15 or 20 amps at the most. Then if you
clean and lubricate the locking mechanism and also never lock the car from
the inside then the door lock's will work and last.